Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 140743 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 09:40 - Jul 6 with 1214 viewsBostonR

General Election Thread on 09:20 - Jul 6 by Gus_iom

I think there's more division within both parties themselves then there was between the manifestos of the tories and labour.
Starmer is going to have a real job keeping the party together, and with 30 something percent of 59% of the electorate, he hasn't got the public mandate his overwhelming majority might suggest.
I don't like him or a lot of the policies and people around him, but I really hope I'm wrong and labour can make a real positive impact.

Starmer would have learnt from Blair’s first-term in office. His biggest regret was that he didn’t go for major reform in his first year as the government machine slowed him down.
Sue Gray was a very smart appointment as his Chief of Staff - she knows how the machine works. Given his background Starmer apparently has a laser-like focus on detail and delivery. He wouldn’t have just arrived yesterday without a detailed plan on how his first-year is going to pan out.
I expect to see major announcements on infrastructure investment, partnerships with business and a wholesale clean up of the NHS, education, law and order as well as defence.
I think he will be ruthless in his mission.
General Election Thread on 09:40 - Jul 6 with 1208 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 09:35 - Jul 6 by Northernr

1 - hence my capping the word 'some'
2 - shall we got through some of the backgrounds of the Reform candidates?

1. I did note the word 'some', and i wasn't having a dig!. Surely i have made my feeling clear on the last incumbents.

2. More than happy to unearth the work experiance, such as it is, of reform candidates what fun we will have i'm sure!

i'd imagine most of them spent it lost in a bermuda triangle of leadenhall market Booze/ Latvian whores and drugs.
[Post edited 6 Jul 9:48]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

General Election Thread on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1155 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 09:37 - Jul 6 by Clive_Anderson

I'm just astounded anyone watched Patrick Vallance during all the COVID nonsense and thought "you know what we could do with some more of that please".

Agree 100% - extremely concerning that that absolute charlatan Vallance has been given a role by Starmer. Expert? My God, expert in total effing codswallop. Dangerous character.

For me Starmer's picks are a very strange mix of the actually, possibly decent, like Timpson, and the downright scary, like Vallance, and the goggle-eyed nasalist, Miliband, who is primed to take us into the literal dark ages with his manic Net-zero zeal.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

General Election Thread on 09:49 - Jul 6 with 1155 viewsNorthernr

Ah well, that'll serve me right I guess.
Off to the Crown.
General Election Thread on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 1145 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 09:49 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Ah well, that'll serve me right I guess.
Off to the Crown.

If i time my run just right on the phillips perfect draft machine this afternoon i should wake just in time to see ricky's Raiders get ironed out by Ponga's Newcastle knights by 80+points 6am sunday mormning , covered in my own vomitus.

;-)
xx
[Post edited 6 Jul 9:58]

General Election Thread on 10:19 - Jul 6 with 1030 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 09:51 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

If i time my run just right on the phillips perfect draft machine this afternoon i should wake just in time to see ricky's Raiders get ironed out by Ponga's Newcastle knights by 80+points 6am sunday mormning , covered in my own vomitus.

;-)
xx
[Post edited 6 Jul 9:58]

Fcking love Ponga.
General Election Thread on 11:13 - Jul 6 with 919 viewsSonofpugwash

General Election Thread on 09:48 - Jul 6 by hubble

Agree 100% - extremely concerning that that absolute charlatan Vallance has been given a role by Starmer. Expert? My God, expert in total effing codswallop. Dangerous character.

For me Starmer's picks are a very strange mix of the actually, possibly decent, like Timpson, and the downright scary, like Vallance, and the goggle-eyed nasalist, Miliband, who is primed to take us into the literal dark ages with his manic Net-zero zeal.

Lammy already playing the race card and Rayner a walking advert for Primark.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 11:18 - Jul 6 with 913 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 09:48 - Jul 6 by hubble

I don’t think selecting people with decades of experience in their field for these roles is a bad thing. Particularly so considering who they’re inheriting from.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 11:24 - Jul 6 with 877 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Didn't he win his constituency by 11,500 votes?

After a pretty grim campaign against him from a seasoned grifter making up any old bollocks with no accountability. With so much to fix there’s not going to be much time to dwell on the integrity of candidates, particularly those who lost, but I don’t see any way it won’t be repeated and better organised next time given it works and there’s no downside for these people in doing what they do.
General Election Thread on 11:25 - Jul 6 with 872 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 07:57 - Jul 6 by Ned_Kennedys

What’s that got to do with anything?
Just saying.

Media w@nkfest over a party with less seats than the Shinners possibly a little overdone was I guess my point.
General Election Thread on 11:26 - Jul 6 with 871 views222gers

General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Far be it of me to defend the previous collective of Shinning path ghouls that we were shackled to for the past 14 years. Yet if the below is correct, it doesn't scream to me a polarity drive of highly seasoned hyperbeings, more a phalanx of sawdust caesers who will be found most wanting facing the void which has been left before them by the previous Tory government.

I wish them gods speed with the herculean task they face as it's a job i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:35]

Wes Streeting did some snow clearing.
General Election Thread on 11:30 - Jul 6 with 859 viewsSydneyRs

Surely any cabinet that doesn't contain the likes of Johnson, Dorries, Truss, Patel, Braverman, Hancock etc, etc can only be a positive.

As someone else said on another platform earlier, wouldn't it be nice for politics to become boring again to the point where we don't really notice it that much?
General Election Thread on 11:40 - Jul 6 with 817 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 09:33 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Far be it of me to defend the previous collective of Shinning path ghouls that we were shackled to for the past 14 years. Yet if the below is correct, it doesn't scream to me a polarity drive of highly seasoned hyperbeings, more a phalanx of sawdust caesers who will be found most wanting facing the void which has been left before them by the previous Tory government.

I wish them gods speed with the herculean task they face as it's a job i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

[Post edited 6 Jul 9:35]

I mean it looks funny, but Starmer as Senior Lawer - He was head of the CPS.

Lammy, Minor US Attorney - He was the first UK black man to go to Havard Law School.

Yvette Copper - None? She has been economic policy advisors to Bill Clinton, John Smith and Harriet Harman. Chief economic writer for the Independent.

Also I would rather have these backgrounds listed as opposed to the previous lot just having ETON as their experience.
[Post edited 6 Jul 22:02]

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 11:41 - Jul 6 with 808 viewsqueensparker

Fk Michael Gove, my new local MP Georgia Gould (Queens Park and Maida Vale) is cut from the right cloth

General Election Thread on 11:44 - Jul 6 with 795 viewsHAYESBOY

General Election Thread on 11:41 - Jul 6 by queensparker

Fk Michael Gove, my new local MP Georgia Gould (Queens Park and Maida Vale) is cut from the right cloth

Nice.

Smells like a trout farm in here

General Election Thread on 11:52 - Jul 6 with 767 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 11:26 - Jul 6 by 222gers

Wes Streeting did some snow clearing.

Talking of which i notice that mine and wes's shared local boozer back in the early 2000's, The Redhouse Pub on Redbridge roundabout, is to be demolished by Galliard Homes and to be mutated into a souless GDR erich honecker plattenbau for 150 rabbit hutches.

Great.
[Post edited 6 Jul 11:54]

General Election Thread on 11:53 - Jul 6 with 762 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 11:52 - Jul 6 by Discodroids

Talking of which i notice that mine and wes's shared local boozer back in the early 2000's, The Redhouse Pub on Redbridge roundabout, is to be demolished by Galliard Homes and to be mutated into a souless GDR erich honecker plattenbau for 150 rabbit hutches.

Great.
[Post edited 6 Jul 11:54]

'Also I would rather have these backgrounds listed as opposed to the previous lot just having ETON as their experience.'

Of that i think we can all agree.

General Election Thread on 12:11 - Jul 6 with 703 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 11:41 - Jul 6 by queensparker

My new MP too... well, well, well. Our previous incumbent - when we were North Westminster - was Karen Buck, who, to give her her due, was a good local MP, very approachable and lived around the corner. I hope Georgia proves as capable.

General Election Thread on 12:32 - Jul 6 with 646 viewsqueensparker

General Election Thread on 12:11 - Jul 6 by hubble

My new MP too... well, well, well. Our previous incumbent - when we were North Westminster - was Karen Buck, who, to give her her due, was a good local MP, very approachable and lived around the corner. I hope Georgia proves as capable.

It’s weird, wasn’t aware they’d fiddled around with the local boundaries until this week. Our old ward MP was Sarah Teather who was good, then Dawn Butler who we never saw.

Now poky Kensal Green has been absorbed into a posher constituency looking forward to seeing what happens. Hopefully Georgia can level all the empty flats around Westfield for a new ground within a couple of years
General Election Thread on 12:34 - Jul 6 with 635 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 11:18 - Jul 6 by Watford_Ranger

I don’t think selecting people with decades of experience in their field for these roles is a bad thing. Particularly so considering who they’re inheriting from.

Vallance has decades of experience of getting things completely wrong. And I'm not sure what qualifies Miliband to be the new 'secretary of state for energy security and net zero'. Other than that, like his Marxist father, he is an ideologue.

Miliband in charge 'energy security'. It's like some kind of weird joke. You're not wrong about the previous administration though, absolutely stuffed with complete imbeciles.

I agree with Sydney when he says "wouldn't it be nice for politics to become boring again to the point where we don't really notice it that much" - but that requires people who actually know what they're doing - and who are free from vested interests, with no desire for self-promotion. Neither Vallance or Miliband fit that bill.

Reeves may or may not prove a competent Chancellor of the Exchequer. Lammy as Foreign Secretary... well, I guess we'll see. I have a modicum of faith in Yvette Cooper as Home secretary.

To attain power in the world's 6th largest economy - as Labour under Starmer have done - and when The Sun endorses you - you know that deals have been done that are nothing to do with the promises Starmer made in his speech outside No. 10.

[Post edited 6 Jul 12:36]

General Election Thread on 12:35 - Jul 6 with 633 viewshubble

General Election Thread on 12:32 - Jul 6 by queensparker

It’s weird, wasn’t aware they’d fiddled around with the local boundaries until this week. Our old ward MP was Sarah Teather who was good, then Dawn Butler who we never saw.

Now poky Kensal Green has been absorbed into a posher constituency looking forward to seeing what happens. Hopefully Georgia can level all the empty flats around Westfield for a new ground within a couple of years

Ha, now that would be good!

General Election Thread on 12:37 - Jul 6 with 613 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 09:11 - Jul 6 by Paddyhoops

Some in tray for this government.
Trains don’t work , Prisons overcrowded , NHS doesn’t work , High rents , Food banks on the rise along with the rivers over flowing with shit .
Good luck with that .
Hopefully they can get some of it right and do
It with a united government which clearly hasn’t been the case .

Not to mention the 1000 odd ISIS returnees living amongst us. (That's jus the ones who already have a British passport, sure there will be more living in hotels "seeking asylum")
[Post edited 6 Jul 12:41]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 12:41 - Jul 6 with 611 viewsStainrod

You forgot to point out this time that they are probably all nonces
General Election Thread on 12:42 - Jul 6 with 593 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 12:41 - Jul 6 by Stainrod

You forgot to point out this time that they are probably all nonces

Don't look back in anger mate.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 566 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 12:34 - Jul 6 by hubble

Vallance has decades of experience of getting things completely wrong. And I'm not sure what qualifies Miliband to be the new 'secretary of state for energy security and net zero'. Other than that, like his Marxist father, he is an ideologue.

Miliband in charge 'energy security'. It's like some kind of weird joke. You're not wrong about the previous administration though, absolutely stuffed with complete imbeciles.

I agree with Sydney when he says "wouldn't it be nice for politics to become boring again to the point where we don't really notice it that much" - but that requires people who actually know what they're doing - and who are free from vested interests, with no desire for self-promotion. Neither Vallance or Miliband fit that bill.

Reeves may or may not prove a competent Chancellor of the Exchequer. Lammy as Foreign Secretary... well, I guess we'll see. I have a modicum of faith in Yvette Cooper as Home secretary.

To attain power in the world's 6th largest economy - as Labour under Starmer have done - and when The Sun endorses you - you know that deals have been done that are nothing to do with the promises Starmer made in his speech outside No. 10.

[Post edited 6 Jul 12:36]

I’ll have to bow to your no doubt far greater experience of their careers rather than putting it down to crying about Labour winning comfortably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024