Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 167318 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 07:56 - Jul 5 with 1778 viewsdaveB

General Election Thread on 07:02 - Jul 5 by HAYESBOY

Walks off the stage without a speech. About sums her up.

Am I seeing this right? Reform on 4 seats and not expected to get anymore?

quite a large share of the vote though, a massive step for them tonight sadly
General Election Thread on 07:59 - Jul 5 with 1722 viewsdaveB

General Election Thread on 07:43 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Nadine's crawled back onto Channel 4, cuddling two mugs of black coffee.
Went for a piss at about 1130 and just woke up in the stall.

This post has been edited by an administrator

thanks for the tip about channel 4 last night, that was dynamite tv
General Election Thread on 08:12 - Jul 5 with 1639 viewsjoe90

I’d like to know where Reform have come second and the impact that will have. They received more votes than the Lib Dem and depending on your views that could be seen as a success for FPTP.

It’s clear immigration is a big issue and Labour will need to deal with it and tone down the negative rhetoric. Gaza also not a big issue judging from the results. Starmer has shifted Labour from the left and if you look at the vote share this is actually a victory for the centre right.
General Election Thread on 08:25 - Jul 5 with 1588 viewsdm97

General Election Thread on 07:49 - Jul 5 by Clive_Anderson

A massive landslide for Labour with a third of the vote. They got 3m fewer votes than Jezza got in 2017. Tory vote halved.

Reform got 500k more votes than Lib Dems, but only 5% as many seats.

National vote share correct. Look at proportional swings and look at where Corbyn won - and he won huge don’t get me wrong. But winning Manchester/Birmingham/London seats by 50k majorities doesn’t win Labour elections, winning middle England does.
General Election Thread on 08:38 - Jul 5 with 1540 viewsSuperhoop83

Hard to pick a top 5, but I'll go for Rees-Mogg, Gullis, Coffey, Shapps and Truss.

Suffering since 1978.

General Election Thread on 08:48 - Jul 5 with 1490 viewsted_hendrix

We kicked the Tory In to touch here, I had my doubts that we could.

But

Truss and Rees-Mogg

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

General Election Thread on 08:48 - Jul 5 with 1489 viewsdmm

This morning I have the strange feeling of waking up to Labour back in power but with the country more right wing.
General Election Thread on 08:54 - Jul 5 with 1445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election Thread on 08:48 - Jul 5 by dmm

This morning I have the strange feeling of waking up to Labour back in power but with the country more right wing.

It's all very odd, isn't it?

There's so many contradictions.

I keep looking at the figures and thinking "If Starmer had stayed Left, he mightn't have lost 3m votes".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 08:54 - Jul 5 with 1440 viewsPhildo

Yes it’s an election with a little bit of sick in the mouth for everyone.

Although that is normal for Nadine in the morning obvs.
General Election Thread on 09:07 - Jul 5 with 1343 viewsTomS

I don't know if the country is more right wing than it was, the ERG minded Tories have been very influential for a lot of the time since Brexit.

However, the result splits the Tory vote from the last GE to show that some are much more right wing than others.
General Election Thread on 09:36 - Jul 5 with 1241 viewsRangersw12

This was a personal highlight 🤣

General Election Thread on 09:40 - Jul 5 with 1195 viewsBAWHoops

But Labour are in power and that's all that matters right now.

You can't do anything from the sidelines and Starmer realised this very early on.
Take Gaza, his stance has torched the Labour Muslim vote but that's concentrated to fewer seats than people who either don't care or support his views.

That's the game

Like Derby fans coming away from the Play Off Final moaning about their higher xG than ours

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

General Election Thread on 09:47 - Jul 5 with 1169 viewsnadera78

General Election Thread on 08:12 - Jul 5 by joe90

I’d like to know where Reform have come second and the impact that will have. They received more votes than the Lib Dem and depending on your views that could be seen as a success for FPTP.

It’s clear immigration is a big issue and Labour will need to deal with it and tone down the negative rhetoric. Gaza also not a big issue judging from the results. Starmer has shifted Labour from the left and if you look at the vote share this is actually a victory for the centre right.

Not sure that's right on Gaza. 3 or 4 constituencies with very large Muslim communities have elected independents who stood almost exclusively on the issue of Gaza. So Labour have definitely lost votes because of that, and some of the left went to the Greens, but they've countered that by gaining votes from other people in other areas - which likely would be people who voted Tory last time out.

Alongside Reform taking votes across the country but in a haphazard way, the end result is that Labour have basically got the same overall % but a much wider geographical spread and now have a whopping majority (albeit many of those will be small majorities).
General Election Thread on 09:53 - Jul 5 with 1137 viewsJuzzie

Dorries is clearly totally delusional in regards of her love of Johnson.

Johnson was born on the upper east side of Manhatten which is the most affluent neighbourhood in New York City. The family moved to Oxford so his mother could study at Oxford University, then they moved to Crouch End and then back to Washington as his Dad had a job with the World Bank. Then they moved to a farm in Somerset and employed au pairs (plural). Then there were residencies in Maida Vale and Primrose Hill. Then on to Brussels, back to the UK for Preparatory Boarding school in East Sussex. And on it goes.....

I mean, yeah, this completely mirrors the life of someone growing up in Tower Hamlets.

Edit: Either she is so obsessed with him she'll say anything to defend him or she is so out of touch when it comes to what real life is like. Or both. No wonder people are sick to death of the lot of them.

That photo of Rees-Mogg lying across the front seats in parliament in a "I shouldn't even be here, this is far too beneath me" posture during what was a particularly important debate shows how arrogant, disrespectful and utterly morally corrupt they are. I hope it haunts him for a long time. Cnt.

[Post edited 5 Jul 10:20]
General Election Thread on 09:54 - Jul 5 with 1125 viewsStainrod

You make a very good point.

Against that if you add up the votes of Labour, Lib Dems and Greens thats a lot more votes than the Tories and Reform got combined.

For all the media obsession about Nigel Farage - must have got ten times the coverage of the Lib Dems - they have ended up with four seats.

The media - and the Tories - have been dancing to Farage's tune for years. But what actually happened was we got rid of a right wing govt and replaced it with a centre left one.
General Election Thread on 09:55 - Jul 5 with 1121 viewsdmm

General Election Thread on 09:47 - Jul 5 by nadera78

Not sure that's right on Gaza. 3 or 4 constituencies with very large Muslim communities have elected independents who stood almost exclusively on the issue of Gaza. So Labour have definitely lost votes because of that, and some of the left went to the Greens, but they've countered that by gaining votes from other people in other areas - which likely would be people who voted Tory last time out.

Alongside Reform taking votes across the country but in a haphazard way, the end result is that Labour have basically got the same overall % but a much wider geographical spread and now have a whopping majority (albeit many of those will be small majorities).

5 Labour candidates were beaten by 5 pro Gaza independents who will outnumber Reform in the HoC!

It's the most disproportionate election ever
Labour: 34% votes = 63% seats
Tory: 24% votes = 18% seats
Reform: 14% votes = <1% seats
Lib Dem: 12% votes = 11% seats
Green: 7% votes = <1% seats
SNP: 2% votes = 1% seats

And it should also be noted that Corbyn won significantly more votes in 2017 than Starmer's New Tory party has done.
General Election Thread on 10:01 - Jul 5 with 1086 viewsStainrod

General Election Thread on 07:59 - Jul 5 by daveB

thanks for the tip about channel 4 last night, that was dynamite tv

Nadine Dorris was completely mad. I couldn't believe she was allowed to dominate the programme. I kept thinking "millions of people have just voted to get the Tories out in large part because of their habit of treating running the country like a reality TV show where its all about who is up and who is down and who is friends with who, taking the public for granted." And here we were still having to listen to her like the Tories still matter. Haven't we earned a reprieve from their psycho drama?
General Election Thread on 10:02 - Jul 5 with 1072 viewsterryb

General Election Thread on 22:08 - Jul 4 by BostonR

As a life-long Labour voter, I have voted tactically today (LD) to keep the Tories out in the Amersham and Chesham constituency. The poor Tory observer at our polling station received dogs-abuse from voters and I class this as middle - England.
Hopefully Labour get that sizeable majority and start to try and fix some stuff reasonably quickly. Starmer needs to get off the blocks quickly to douse the Tory inquest/revival (hopefully they get destroyed and dampen Reform from making the next 5yrs about populism.
Labour need to set the dogs on Farage and Tice and their band of fruitcakes.

I moved away in 1974 & never believed that this seat could be anything other than Conservative.

Obviously, the seat most important to me is Ipswich (where I always vote Labour despite being a Liberal lifelong supporter), but Chesham & Amersham is a close second. I celebrated at the by election victory & I'm overjoyed at retaining the seat. I just wish the result had been declared 5 hours earlier so that I could go to sleep!
General Election Thread on 10:10 - Jul 5 with 1004 viewsR_from_afar

General Election Thread on 22:31 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Kwarteng on Channel 4 sweating like Fred West on Time Team.

Was Phillip Hammond giving him an introduction to the world of spreadsheets?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

General Election Thread on 10:11 - Jul 5 with 991 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 08:38 - Jul 5 by Superhoop83

Hard to pick a top 5, but I'll go for Rees-Mogg, Gullis, Coffey, Shapps and Truss.

Truss getting slow hand clapped up to the stage was chef's kiss.
General Election Thread on 10:15 - Jul 5 with 950 viewsstevec

General Election Thread on 08:54 - Jul 5 by BrianMcCarthy

It's all very odd, isn't it?

There's so many contradictions.

I keep looking at the figures and thinking "If Starmer had stayed Left, he mightn't have lost 3m votes".

He’d have gained those 3 million votes whilst simultaneously losing the election.
General Election Thread on 10:19 - Jul 5 with 930 viewsR_from_afar

General Election Thread on 23:52 - Jul 4 by Discodroids

Can't watch any more election tele coverage as Jo's turned over to itv2 watching love island and explaining the sexual dichotomy between joey essex and some tart with a augmented plastic clitoris from brentwood.
[Post edited 4 Jul 23:57]

"joey essex and some tart"

In tomorrow's episode, apparently, he'll be talking her through the repeal of the corn laws. 🌽

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

General Election Thread on 10:28 - Jul 5 with 884 viewsdaveB

General Election Thread on 08:12 - Jul 5 by joe90

The Israel/Palestine conflict has played a big part imo

Jess Phillips only just kept her seat due to an Independent running on that ticket, in Slough was similar and many other places. The Muslim vote has been against the main 2 parties for not calling for a ceasefire

Expect similar in America later this year

It hasn't had an impact in terms of seats won but like with Reform it's taken a lot of votes away from the traditional parties and like the boats issue it's something Labour are going to have to get on top of.
General Election Thread on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 870 viewsjoe90

General Election Thread on 09:47 - Jul 5 by nadera78

I think the point is that Labour made the decision to not appeal to the left of the party concerned with Gaza and were still able to return a majority. As you say, they were able to gain from other areas, which speaks to my point of them shifting to the right.
General Election Thread on 10:37 - Jul 5 with 826 viewsEastR

General Election Thread on 09:36 - Jul 5 by Rangersw12

This was a personal highlight 🤣

favourite Dorries quote from last night:
"Tony Blair had a massive one"

she even said it twice

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024