Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. 08:02 - Feb 12 with 57935 viewsGruntfuttock

Never started one before...never even thought of it. But the new QPR calls for a new thread starter...I'm going 2-1 to us (not exactly a massacre, but it'll do)
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:59 - Feb 14 with 2203 viewsLoyalitat

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:50 - Feb 14 by traininvain

We’re going down because the owners stuck with Ainsworth at the end of last season and waited too long to pull the trigger this season. This squad is barely good enough under a semi competent manager let alone a bloke who was completely out of his depth at this level.

If we’d started the season with Cifuentes or a proper manager we’d have had half a chance but we effectively handicapped an already weak group of players with a sub par manager for the first third of the season and this outcome was always inevitable.

This totally.

Ten defeats in fourteen league games under Ainsworth at the start of this season, is what will sadly be our undoing in the final analysis I fear. Trying to make up that points' shortfall is evidently proving to be too big an ask with this limited squad.
[Post edited 14 Feb 22:10]
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:59 - Feb 14 with 2200 viewslassel

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:48 - Feb 14 by mart_Goblin

I genuinely believe that’s us done.
The players will never win when it matters . They get to within striking distance, that was the sixth time ..and we bottle it .
So what makes us think we will do it the remaining games?

Utterly sick of the vast majority of this lot . Even the new players were dogshit this evening.

Welcome to the dark side Mart - grab a blanket, we have spirits and barbiturates over here.

The worst part about it all is that some of the players who get defended to a Trumpian level by the fan base are amongst the biggest issues behind the scenes. We desperately need this summer to come to let a dry dock full of blood and start the long slow rebuilding process.

As said before, it’s far more likely to be a 5-10 year project to get back than a 9 month trip to L1.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 2145 viewsstevec

Just surprised anyone’s surprised.

This lot don’t do six pointers, that takes bollox and they haven’t got any.

They’ll be hoping to hijack a few beach ready outfits in April to get out of this mess, otherwise it’s league one.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. (n/t) on 22:02 - Feb 14 with 2130 viewsBklynRanger

[Post edited 14 Feb 22:03]
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 2081 viewsslmrstid

My relegation battle swingometer is back to "going down"
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:04 - Feb 14 with 2065 viewsR_from_afar

Four points from safety now, with an inferior goal difference to Millwall.

Relegation looks inevitable now

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:12 - Feb 14 with 1904 viewsHooparoo

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:04 - Feb 14 by R_from_afar

Four points from safety now, with an inferior goal difference to Millwall.

Relegation looks inevitable now

Thanks a lot Rangers, ruined my fcking day AGAIN!! 🤬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:15 - Feb 14 with 1848 viewsnix

So disappointing. Not just the result, more the level of performance. Abject. Just no fight, no energy.

But yes the most predictable outcome ever.
Login to get fewer ads

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:20 - Feb 14 with 1766 viewsnumptydumpty

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:15 - Feb 14 by nix

So disappointing. Not just the result, more the level of performance. Abject. Just no fight, no energy.

But yes the most predictable outcome ever.

It was dreadful Nix.

Lack of quality is one thing but lack of effort should NEVER happen in professional football

Horrendously pathetic

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:25 - Feb 14 with 1717 viewsRangersw12

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:59 - Feb 14 by lassel

Welcome to the dark side Mart - grab a blanket, we have spirits and barbiturates over here.

The worst part about it all is that some of the players who get defended to a Trumpian level by the fan base are amongst the biggest issues behind the scenes. We desperately need this summer to come to let a dry dock full of blood and start the long slow rebuilding process.

As said before, it’s far more likely to be a 5-10 year project to get back than a 9 month trip to L1.

The worst part about it all is that some of the players who get defended to a Trumpian level by the fan base are amongst the biggest issues behind the scenes.

Chair ?
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1659 viewsdmm

As someone said a while ago, we manage to be a bit worse than most teams we play. Tonight we did it again. That doesn't bode well for what's left of this season.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1657 viewsLowerloftLad

Millwall vs Wednesday Saturday so Millwall have a big chance to pull away too.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1651 viewsJevlar

The worst thing is I’m not in the least bit surprised by today’s performance.

95% of the squad can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:30 - Feb 14 with 1638 viewsnumptydumpty

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:25 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

The worst part about it all is that some of the players who get defended to a Trumpian level by the fan base are amongst the biggest issues behind the scenes.

Chair ?

Very often every thing goes through Chair but he is a one trick pony often but that's why he is with us ie amazingly inconsistent
[Post edited 14 Feb 22:30]

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 1616 viewscolinallcars

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:25 - Feb 14 by Rangersw12

Chair ?

Yes, some say Chair is the biggest agitator - no idea really but I really don't want to see any of these players again.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. (n/t) on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 1603 viewsStanisgod

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:21 - Feb 14 by FDC

Our best player today for me

[Post edited 14 Feb 22:46]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:36 - Feb 14 with 1566 viewsDamo1962

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:41 - Feb 14 by numptydumpty

This performance is on a par with losing to Blackpool away

Absolutely pathetic

Some.days you think you have had enough of this shower of shit

I had enough a long time ago. Nothing ever changes.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:37 - Feb 14 with 1566 viewsManinBlack

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:31 - Feb 14 by colinallcars

Yes, some say Chair is the biggest agitator - no idea really but I really don't want to see any of these players again.

I felt like that last season and all of this season about our team. Even though Sheffield lost at Leicester yesterday, they had 13 shots with 4 on target. Far more effort than our wasters could muster tonight. Every other team seems to have more fight in them than us. What will be typical is that we catch Millwall and then Sheffield Wednesday overtake both of us!
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:42 - Feb 14 with 1497 viewsDamo1962

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:44 - Feb 14 by dmm

Why have I spent my life supporting this club?

I've been saying the same thing...and just as long. Wasted so much of my life on them...thank god it's only emotional and not financial these days. They make me feel embarrassed - and I've never felt like that before.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:43 - Feb 14 with 1491 viewsDamo1962

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 21:43 - Feb 14 by strikerace

Very bad. No punch in the final third at all. Sinclair is big and fast, and we spend a lot of time hoofing it up to him, but he never does much with it. Strikes me as an athlete playing football, not a footballer.

He's gash. But we will probably give him a new contract 🙄
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:45 - Feb 14 with 1480 viewsconnell10

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:37 - Feb 14 by ManinBlack

I felt like that last season and all of this season about our team. Even though Sheffield lost at Leicester yesterday, they had 13 shots with 4 on target. Far more effort than our wasters could muster tonight. Every other team seems to have more fight in them than us. What will be typical is that we catch Millwall and then Sheffield Wednesday overtake both of us!

Maybe it's for the best if go down. I don't know what to think anymore.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:52 - Feb 14 with 1406 viewsBurnleyhoop

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:30 - Feb 14 by numptydumpty

Very often every thing goes through Chair but he is a one trick pony often but that's why he is with us ie amazingly inconsistent
[Post edited 14 Feb 22:30]

He’s been our best player and most committed by far this season, but.like everyone one of them tonight, he had a shocker.

The lack of desire and intensity was incomprehensible Still can’t believe how bad that was.
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:54 - Feb 14 with 1385 viewsDamo1962

Chair ?

No one is blameless. After one game,the losers in this squad have already brought the new guys down to their level - epic QPR 🤔
St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:55 - Feb 14 with 1392 viewsnumptydumpty

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:45 - Feb 14 by connell10

If we go down Connell we are not bouncing back. Be four or five years minimum down there but we seem to have a lack of identity as a club

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:59 - Feb 14 with 1339 viewsDamo1962

St. Valentines Day Massacre?...Stoke City away match thread. on 22:45 - Feb 14 by connell10

Even if we pulled off a miracle and survived, you have think that without an absolute epiphany at the club during the summer...we will have to endure this all again next season. Like you...I am torn🤔
[Post edited 14 Feb 23:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024