Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible January signings. 08:48 - Dec 13 with 32756 viewsSnipper

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but will Marti possibly raid his old club, or other Swedish/Nordic clubs for players?

He obviously knows what we need and what budget he’ll have.

January should be interesting.
Possible January signings. on 09:25 - Dec 17 with 3774 viewsLblock

Possible January signings. on 09:00 - Dec 17 by gazza1

I would sign forwards, 100%. If we signed only forwards (all available monies) I would not have a problem with that providing they were right. Not sure we have much better than 1st/2nd division forwards at the club currently.

What would you do???

Which one of our strikers do you think is as high as League One standard?!?

I’ll cut Armstrong and Kollie some slack as they’re young, Kollie I have particular hopes for.
Kelman is absolutely shocking. Another slab of 250k fee plus wages wasted on him, I’d say Conference player at best.
Dykes is just a streaky player and when not on a streak you may as well play a lamppost up top. Never seems to frighten defenders and can be very passive at times.

I’m convinced we won’t sign anyone though and that will sign our own suicide note.
Going by past transfer evidence not sure I’d trust them to get anyone decent in any case plus I cannot see the new Messiah having too many contacts to call on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Possible January signings. on 09:44 - Dec 17 with 3746 viewsdmm

Possible January signings. on 09:25 - Dec 17 by Lblock

I’ll cut Armstrong and Kollie some slack as they’re young, Kollie I have particular hopes for.
Kelman is absolutely shocking. Another slab of 250k fee plus wages wasted on him, I’d say Conference player at best.
Dykes is just a streaky player and when not on a streak you may as well play a lamppost up top. Never seems to frighten defenders and can be very passive at times.

I’m convinced we won’t sign anyone though and that will sign our own suicide note.
Going by past transfer evidence not sure I’d trust them to get anyone decent in any case plus I cannot see the new Messiah having too many contacts to call on

I'm not expecting signings next month, but if and when we do sign players, our record is not how you characterise it. Over the last couple of years we've brought in Field, Paal and Cannon to mention just three.

Our record for signing strikers has been bad for years now but for other positions, it's not all doom and gloom.
Possible January signings. on 13:06 - Dec 17 with 3506 viewsgazza1

Hence why I put Div 1/2.....they all have a lot of limitations. With a decent(ish) striker we would have scored 10 or more goals this season - that adds up to a few points.

Don't know why you have hopes for Koli (not done much that I have seen when he has played 1st team football) - any reasons?? Armstrong gives you another options with a bit of pace and aggression but scoring is an issue. Not sure he has shown enough skills though for this level. Kelman struggles & Dykes, our senior striker, is not young and scores a few times in a season, certainly not enough and cannot see him improving too much at all. Hence why I want strikers.

I am certain that the Manager will have money to sign players in January.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 13:07]
Possible January signings. on 13:32 - Dec 17 with 3462 viewsdmm

Possible January signings. on 13:06 - Dec 17 by gazza1

Hence why I put Div 1/2.....they all have a lot of limitations. With a decent(ish) striker we would have scored 10 or more goals this season - that adds up to a few points.

Don't know why you have hopes for Koli (not done much that I have seen when he has played 1st team football) - any reasons?? Armstrong gives you another options with a bit of pace and aggression but scoring is an issue. Not sure he has shown enough skills though for this level. Kelman struggles & Dykes, our senior striker, is not young and scores a few times in a season, certainly not enough and cannot see him improving too much at all. Hence why I want strikers.

I am certain that the Manager will have money to sign players in January.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 13:07]

I would love to be certain we'll have money for transfers next month, but I'm not even close. What makes you so sure, gazza?
Possible January signings. on 13:42 - Dec 17 with 3414 viewsgazza1

Possible January signings. on 13:32 - Dec 17 by dmm

I would love to be certain we'll have money for transfers next month, but I'm not even close. What makes you so sure, gazza?

I'm guessing basically, renaming stuff around the Club - so money there, the Manager knew the problem's before he came here and you don't have to be Einstein to see the main issues are scoring goals.

Certain he will have money, it is just where he wants to spend it.....i'm hoping forwards (I would also like us to transfer a striker or two out to get more money!!)
Possible January signings. on 15:37 - Dec 17 with 3249 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 13:42 - Dec 17 by gazza1

I'm guessing basically, renaming stuff around the Club - so money there, the Manager knew the problem's before he came here and you don't have to be Einstein to see the main issues are scoring goals.

Certain he will have money, it is just where he wants to spend it.....i'm hoping forwards (I would also like us to transfer a striker or two out to get more money!!)

The renaming of stuff was to put enough into the club to pay off Ainsworth and pay Hammarby. Ruben’s deals are worth £500k a year and Bhatia won’t have put much at all as his ‘leaving present’. We aren’t even paying Hammarby in one go as we presumably didn’t have the cashflow for it..
Possible January signings. on 16:11 - Dec 17 with 3187 viewsRangersw12

Possible January signings. on 15:37 - Dec 17 by lassel

The renaming of stuff was to put enough into the club to pay off Ainsworth and pay Hammarby. Ruben’s deals are worth £500k a year and Bhatia won’t have put much at all as his ‘leaving present’. We aren’t even paying Hammarby in one go as we presumably didn’t have the cashflow for it..

It's standard practice to not pay transfer fees in one go so assume it's the same with managers
Possible January signings. on 19:00 - Dec 17 with 3046 viewsPunteR

Possible January signings. on 02:01 - Dec 16 by Ned_Kennedys

So your plan would be get all our forwards out of the club, and no doubt somehow replace with three or four better forwards. Not real world thinking I’m afraid.

This is mental thinking.
Why cant we buy a player that can score goals?

Thats the whole point of football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Possible January signings. on 19:22 - Dec 17 with 3009 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 16:11 - Dec 17 by Rangersw12

It's standard practice to not pay transfer fees in one go so assume it's the same with managers

Definitely not for such a small amount of money. I know it was a potential sticking point ther Hammarby backed down on as Marti wanted the move.
Possible January signings. on 08:31 - Dec 18 with 2678 viewsgazza1

Possible January signings. on 15:37 - Dec 17 by lassel

So, you think we will not sign players and I think we will......not long to wait to see if we do or don't!!!
Possible January signings. on 09:03 - Dec 18 with 2624 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 08:31 - Dec 18 by gazza1

So, you think we will not sign players and I think we will......not long to wait to see if we do or don't!!!

Nah I’m sure we will sign *someone*, but most likely a freebie on a low wage with a lucrative option.
Possible January signings. on 09:27 - Dec 18 with 2577 viewsgazza1

Possible January signings. on 09:03 - Dec 18 by lassel

Nah I’m sure we will sign *someone*, but most likely a freebie on a low wage with a lucrative option.

Well, we will never know because rarely do they say what we paid (& btw nothing comes free) or what they are earning. At least we agree that we will be making a signing (or two). I think it will be a forward with hopefully somebody or two going out.
Possible January signings. on 14:02 - Dec 18 with 2406 viewsTheChef

I still can't believe Kelman didn't score that chance against Plymouth. I was convinced it was a certain goal.

All very well doing it in training, but if you can't score in the actual matches...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Possible January signings. on 15:27 - Dec 18 with 2306 viewsQPRConor2000

I probably could see players like Uncs being let go, I think hes on 8k a week and hes 37, so I personally think it makes sense for us to let him go, as it pains me to say it.

I probably could see Kelman, Duke-McKenna and Drewe all being let go too, possibly on loan.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 15:29]
Possible January signings. on 15:27 - Dec 18 with 2306 viewsQPRConor2000

<deleted>
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 15:28]
Possible January signings. on 16:19 - Dec 18 with 2225 viewslassel

Possible January signings. on 15:27 - Dec 18 by QPRConor2000

I probably could see players like Uncs being let go, I think hes on 8k a week and hes 37, so I personally think it makes sense for us to let him go, as it pains me to say it.

I probably could see Kelman, Duke-McKenna and Drewe all being let go too, possibly on loan.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 15:29]

At the risk of being a miserable old git, there is no way Adomah would agree to rip up his contract when he’ll surely be retiring anyway this summer and so at best you’d end up saving £25kish in paying him off….

The only way any cash is being scraped together to do anything other than grab a freebie or two (if we are lucky) in January is if Chair is sold…
Possible January signings. on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 2143 viewsNorthernr

Possible January signings. on 16:19 - Dec 18 by lassel

At the risk of being a miserable old git, there is no way Adomah would agree to rip up his contract when he’ll surely be retiring anyway this summer and so at best you’d end up saving £25kish in paying him off….

The only way any cash is being scraped together to do anything other than grab a freebie or two (if we are lucky) in January is if Chair is sold…

Goes under the radar because he's a decent fella etc as opposed to Richards who we have a new thread on every week but... giving Adomah a two year extension when he was obviously physically finished at the end of his first was one of our more ludicrous recent moments. Won't be on small money either.
Possible January signings. on 19:08 - Dec 18 with 2030 viewsQPRConor2000

In a way, it certainly helps that we signed Marti just as the Swedish League was coming to the end, as it would mean we could pick up some players from there on a free.

We will probably have to look at making a sale or two before we start bringing some incomings in January, im sure Marti will have some targets in mind.
Possible January signings. on 19:16 - Dec 18 with 1995 viewsQPRConor2000

Talking of potential signings, ive seen Ejaria has been released by reading.
Possible January signings. on 19:48 - Dec 18 with 1932 viewsNorthantsHoop

Possible January signings. on 19:16 - Dec 18 by QPRConor2000

He was a decent player a couple of years back, what's happened to him?
Possible January signings. on 06:34 - Dec 19 with 1713 viewsLblock

Possible January signings. on 19:16 - Dec 18 by QPRConor2000

People I know with a highly rated son at the Reading Academy tell me he’s allegedly an absolute wrong un
Allegedly bags of attitude to match and outweigh his bags of talent with a further rumour of physical and verbal threats around the club.

The place is apparently a total disaster zone but, for selfish reasons, the people I know are okay with it all as opens up pathway for their kid…….one they thought Luke Amos might block in the summer until they saw him on trial!!!!

Returning to Ejarah - when he played at W12 for the fakes I thought he was the closest thing to Eze I’d seen at the time. Supremely skilful and covered the ground deceptively well but was clearly on big money after signing from Liverpool and even then he had an air of not having the character of Eze shall we say. I still would’ve taken him on ability alone but chuck in the rest of the package and I’d say no

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Possible January signings. on 08:44 - Dec 19 with 1574 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Possible January signings. on 18:01 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Goes under the radar because he's a decent fella etc as opposed to Richards who we have a new thread on every week but... giving Adomah a two year extension when he was obviously physically finished at the end of his first was one of our more ludicrous recent moments. Won't be on small money either.

Such an appalling decision. Do the people making decisions like that actually watch our matches? It's not like we need another mascot either.
Possible January signings. on 09:02 - Dec 19 with 1547 viewsdaveB

I imagine we'll be in the market for some loans same as everyone else.
A forward and a midfield player are the likely targets unless we sell Chair which may allow us to spend
Possible January signings. on 09:07 - Dec 19 with 1525 viewsNorthernr

Possible January signings. on 09:02 - Dec 19 by daveB

I imagine we'll be in the market for some loans same as everyone else.
A forward and a midfield player are the likely targets unless we sell Chair which may allow us to spend

Like you I think Leeds are about to run a machine gun across the Championship market which may involve Chair. Ipswich had a look at him in the summer as well.

We desperately need players. This squad isn't anywhere near good enough. Fascinating to see what budget we've got to do anything with. And then it's the accounts in February.
Possible January signings. on 09:45 - Dec 19 with 1458 viewsTheChef

Possible January signings. on 06:34 - Dec 19 by Lblock

People I know with a highly rated son at the Reading Academy tell me he’s allegedly an absolute wrong un
Allegedly bags of attitude to match and outweigh his bags of talent with a further rumour of physical and verbal threats around the club.

The place is apparently a total disaster zone but, for selfish reasons, the people I know are okay with it all as opens up pathway for their kid…….one they thought Luke Amos might block in the summer until they saw him on trial!!!!

Returning to Ejarah - when he played at W12 for the fakes I thought he was the closest thing to Eze I’d seen at the time. Supremely skilful and covered the ground deceptively well but was clearly on big money after signing from Liverpool and even then he had an air of not having the character of Eze shall we say. I still would’ve taken him on ability alone but chuck in the rest of the package and I’d say no

Didn't their fans think Ejaria was better than Eze??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024