Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. 12:52 - Oct 24 with 8547 viewsSnipper

We have an absolute gem in Sam Field. Which begs the question, how the hell did West Brom let him leave? What was it that they didn’t like?

Danny Maddix is another one we picked up from Tottenham on a free transfer.

What transfer mistakes have QPR made by letting players go for a pittance at the time?

Which other clubs have made big mistakes with players?
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:22 - Oct 25 with 1395 viewsMonkey_Roots

Trevor Sinclair to West Ham with Ian Bishop and Tim Breaker coming in as part of the deal... I might have some of that wrong, but I remember being proper gutted at the time.

My West Ham mates were laughing.
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:37 - Oct 25 with 1372 viewsslmrstid

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:22 - Oct 25 by Monkey_Roots

Trevor Sinclair to West Ham with Ian Bishop and Tim Breaker coming in as part of the deal... I might have some of that wrong, but I remember being proper gutted at the time.

Wasn't it Iain Dowie, Keith Rowland and Tim Breaker all as one?
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:50 - Oct 25 with 1352 viewsTheChef

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:37 - Oct 25 by slmrstid

Correct.

What a deal that was.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 12:22 - Oct 25 with 1317 viewsMonkey_Roots

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:37 - Oct 25 by slmrstid

OMG yes.

Now I know why I was so gutted.
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 14:59 - Oct 25 with 1217 viewsCamberleyR

Frank McLintock who Arsenal thought was finished, got for £25k. What a piece of business that was by Gordon Jago.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 15:11 - Oct 25 with 1190 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2016/april/fitzgerald-pays-tribute-to-departin

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 15:13 - Oct 25 with 1187 viewsMrSheen

West Brom sold a couple of players to their struggling rivals Wolves in 1986 for a combined £65,000. Andy Thompson went on to play 376 league games and scored 43 goals. The other one? Steve Bull, 250 goals in 474 games.
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 16:21 - Oct 25 with 1092 viewsPhilmyRs

We can generally be relied on to buy rubbish players or miss out on some gems such as Barnes, but reading this thread, its surprised me that this seems to be one area where those players we’ve released as we deem them “not good enough” haven’t really come back to bite us. Yep Sinclair was a poor deal and Les had a great career after he left - but we didn’t really have a choice in those transfer dealings. Dougie Freedman is probably the only one I can think of that we let go and he showed what a decent player he was. I get the Clive Wilson one but even then I know quite a few spurs fans, and they thought Wilson was terrible for them and have no time for him. Always annoyed me they couldn’t see the class of the man.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 00:23 - Oct 26 with 947 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

John Hollins MBE. Not so much as a player (I can't remember him).

He was the coach who used to warm up the players before the kick-off in the 90's. Doing kicking and crossing practice with the goalie and so on. I used to enjoy watching him. He was also caretaker manager for a while.

It all turned sh*t after he left.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 0:26]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 00:27 - Oct 26 with 937 viewsSydneyRs

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 11:22 - Oct 25 by Monkey_Roots

SInclair was always going to go after relegation though. Not like we had the choice to keep him really.
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 03:57 - Oct 26 with 863 viewsNW5Hoop

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 00:27 - Oct 26 by SydneyRs

SInclair was always going to go after relegation though. Not like we had the choice to keep him really.

He did stay a season and a half after relegation, you know …
Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 04:00 - Oct 26 with 862 viewsSydneyRs

Biggest mistakes letting players leave. on 03:57 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

He did stay a season and a half after relegation, you know …

I am aware of that, but having failed to go back up the first season (when a lot of us thought we might) it was going to be hard to keep him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024