Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 12:43 - Aug 14 with 52635 viewsHayesender

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/qpr-want-aussie-551774?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=r

One for our Scottish lot. I've never heard of him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lyndon Dykes on 19:01 - Aug 16 with 4786 viewsbosh67

Lyndon Dykes on 16:55 - Aug 16 by LongsufferingR

FWIW

Well judging by the few goals there if we do get him what I like is that he's a bit of a goal hanger. Not afraid to be on the end of things in the 18 yard box.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 19:03 - Aug 16 with 4781 viewsMedwayR

Having done a fair bit of research on him I’m feeling more positive about this, especially if the fee is closer to £1-1.5m rising to £2m. In 32 games last season he scored 12 and got 10 assists in an average team, plays the lone striker role, he’s a poacher but has good link up play and is mobile, good age, gave the old firm a tough time. All sounds good so fingers crossed, seems a well scouted alternative to Moore.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lyndon Dykes on 19:03 - Aug 16 with 4775 viewsmcqpr10

2 mill for us is alot to spend but in terms of championship strikers it is not much. Still wounded from Connor Washington costing half of the Austin fee and the posh chairman mocking us for spending so much on him.
Never seen him play, but reports suggest hes a mobile target man. This encourages me as it is what Warburton wants for a striker in terms of the way we play. Hughil had his best goalscoring season with us so let's not write off his goalscoring record just yet.
Lyndon Dykes on 19:06 - Aug 16 with 4755 viewsBklynRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 17:56 - Aug 16 by Boston

Just don't offer him digs at your house...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2375272/queen-of-the-south-baby-jim-thomso

I'm assuming there's a good reason for that name child's name. Something mystical rather than him learning to spell from Liam Gallagher.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:06 - Aug 16 with 4483 viewsrsonist

Lyndon Dykes on 19:03 - Aug 16 by MedwayR

Having done a fair bit of research on him I’m feeling more positive about this, especially if the fee is closer to £1-1.5m rising to £2m. In 32 games last season he scored 12 and got 10 assists in an average team, plays the lone striker role, he’s a poacher but has good link up play and is mobile, good age, gave the old firm a tough time. All sounds good so fingers crossed, seems a well scouted alternative to Moore.

Yeah I like that we've apparently identified a specific role/skillset we want and we're working our way through a number of options making firm and decisive bids.

Seems harsh to bring Washington into it but hey maybe he was top of an illustrious list...
Lyndon Dykes on 20:17 - Aug 16 with 4428 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 20:06 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Yeah I like that we've apparently identified a specific role/skillset we want and we're working our way through a number of options making firm and decisive bids.

Seems harsh to bring Washington into it but hey maybe he was top of an illustrious list...

We actually have a strategy. Helps when you don’t sack your manager twice a season. Progress at last.

Asked around some Aussie pals and no one has ever heard of this bloke despite him being an Aussie schoolboys international and a Gold Coast lad from just down the road (I live in Brisbane)

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lyndon Dykes on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 4320 viewsdannyblue

Lyndon Dykes on 17:56 - Aug 16 by Boston

Just don't offer him digs at your house...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2375272/queen-of-the-south-baby-jim-thomso

It's a horrifying article in so many ways. I can't help but focus on the opposite extremes of awfulness illustrated by the shoe / trouser combinations of Victoria's two lovers.
Lyndon Dykes on 20:34 - Aug 16 with 4297 viewsBoston

Hall of Fame

https://robinashs.eq.edu.au/supportandresources/formsanddocuments/documents/enro

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 20:36 - Aug 16 with 4289 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 20:17 - Aug 16 by Hooparoo

We actually have a strategy. Helps when you don’t sack your manager twice a season. Progress at last.

Asked around some Aussie pals and no one has ever heard of this bloke despite him being an Aussie schoolboys international and a Gold Coast lad from just down the road (I live in Brisbane)

His sister has represented Aus at netball (I'm sure it was netball) and that seems to be a pull for him as a family thing.
Scotland working on the basis of being current home and more distant family links. Obviously current home looks like changing.
From QPR point of view Scotland is definitely better option as has been said about the travel, hopefully from a Scottish and Rs view point its because he's bloody good!

Edit. Gymnastics and his parents are from Scotland
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 20:41]
Lyndon Dykes on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 4009 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Gary Holt, his Manager at Livingston

Saying things I like to hear, especially the last bit!

"I spoke to Lyndon and told him he’ll do well down there if he embraces it like he did here. Don’t go there and think you’ve made it.

“Go and buy in to what they are doing and see if you can improve again. It’s another level but knowing his traits and personality, he’ll thrive on it.

“There are some centre halves down there who will know they are in a game."
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 3905 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 20:28 - Aug 14 by BathRanger

If we sign him, I think it should be on condition that Queen's Park in Scotland have first refusal when he leaves so he can complete the set.

And if he does sign, perhaps we could go for some others to keep him company: Michael Gash, Chiqui Arce, André Muff, Ralf Minge, Rod Fanni, Lars Bender, Alphonse Areola, and of course Stefan Kuntz

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:22 - Aug 16 with 3820 viewswombat

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:06 - Aug 16 by R_from_afar

So cross between Polter and Hugill then ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lyndon Dykes on 22:57 - Aug 16 with 3660 viewsNorthantsHoop

Seems to fit the profile of what Warburton has been saying during re-start i.e. we need players with a bigger physical presence in the spine of the team. Hopefully we can add a few more bigger players in the window.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:11 - Aug 17 with 3487 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 19:06 - Aug 16 by BklynRanger

I'm assuming there's a good reason for that name child's name. Something mystical rather than him learning to spell from Liam Gallagher.

Knocked her (up in) Livingston I presume?
Lyndon Dykes on 01:18 - Aug 17 with 3332 viewsBoston

Lyndon Dykes on 00:11 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Knocked her (up in) Livingston I presume?

Dunno, I'm not a doctor.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:04 - Aug 17 with 3188 viewsPlanetHonneywood

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:22 - Aug 16 by wombat

So cross between Polter and Hugill then ?

...or a Duncan (hopefully injury free) Ferguson!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 08:57 - Aug 17 with 2822 viewsSir_Chops

Might be of interest - posted by a Livingstone fan/blogger this morning:

https://www.angussmcgregor.com/post/lyndon-dykes-what-qpr-can-expect
Lyndon Dykes on 09:13 - Aug 17 with 2749 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 08:57 - Aug 17 by Sir_Chops

Pretty glowing review. Particularly like the bit about never being static. Certainly leaving with best wishes so he must have been a popular lad. Great work to land him too.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:52 - Aug 17 with 2570 viewsdaveB

hopefully we get him, I don't think thats as certain as many are making out, by the sound of it the fee only gets to £2million with add ons so he'll need to be good for us to pay that much.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:57 - Aug 17 with 2542 viewsHastings_Hoops

Lyndon Dykes on 09:13 - Aug 17 by Hooparoo

Pretty glowing review. Particularly like the bit about never being static. Certainly leaving with best wishes so he must have been a popular lad. Great work to land him too.

To be fair, you’d also expect Les Ferdinand to know a good striker when he sees one and to be a bit of an attraction for a young striker coming to join the club.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Aug 17 with 2413 viewsbosh67

Lyndon Dykes on 09:57 - Aug 17 by Hastings_Hoops

To be fair, you’d also expect Les Ferdinand to know a good striker when he sees one and to be a bit of an attraction for a young striker coming to join the club.

If we can get Hugill back on loan for the season that would be a decent couple of strikers to have. I wonder if Hugill isn't available if they will look at another loan striker to go alongside this chap. Seems risky just having Dykes and no one else to cover. I know there is Oteh and perhaps for him it really is now or never.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 2395 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Aug 17 by bosh67

If we can get Hugill back on loan for the season that would be a decent couple of strikers to have. I wonder if Hugill isn't available if they will look at another loan striker to go alongside this chap. Seems risky just having Dykes and no one else to cover. I know there is Oteh and perhaps for him it really is now or never.

Lets get this one over the line before we look at 'back ups'.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 2391 viewsdaveB

Lyndon Dykes on 10:17 - Aug 17 by bosh67

i would have thought so, they went with 3 strikers at the start of last season with Eze and Bright also able to fill in, would imagine they will try and do the same again.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:21 - Aug 17 with 2383 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 09:57 - Aug 17 by Hastings_Hoops

Good point

Lyndon Dykes on 10:31 - Aug 17 with 2350 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lyndon Dykes on 08:57 - Aug 17 by Sir_Chops

Good find. Very encouraging if we can get this one done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024