Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 12:43 - Aug 14 with 52634 viewsHayesender

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/qpr-want-aussie-551774?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=r

One for our Scottish lot. I've never heard of him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lyndon Dykes on 23:41 - Aug 14 with 3925 viewsLoftgirl

Lyndon Dykes on 16:21 - Aug 14 by Gloucs_R

Kings of Leon?

King Crimson?
Lyndon Dykes on 00:24 - Aug 15 with 3854 viewsBoston

Young Dutch boys like to put their fingers in dykes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lyndon Dykes on 00:51 - Aug 15 with 3832 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lyndon Dykes on 13:23 - Aug 14 by BklynRanger

Thought the same thing! Was getting ready to close the living room door...

Dont forget the volume button I have been caught a few times even surprised myself how quickly i reacted
Lyndon Dykes on 00:56 - Aug 15 with 3834 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

ABBA? ;)

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:12 - Aug 15 with 3492 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Chance for all the instant opinion makers tomorrow, when the Livi v Rangers game is live on Sky
Lyndon Dykes on 13:30 - Aug 16 with 3279 viewsGloucs_R

Fee agreed apparently

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8632583/QPR-agree-2m-fee-Livi

Karl... Any good??

Likes being in the 6 yard box

[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 13:36]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lyndon Dykes on 13:40 - Aug 16 with 3239 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 13:30 - Aug 16 by Gloucs_R

Fee agreed apparently

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8632583/QPR-agree-2m-fee-Livi

Karl... Any good??

Likes being in the 6 yard box

[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 13:36]

I have spoken about him briefly before however;

There is random twitter talk that Livi have accepted £2m offer from QPR
Playing Rangers today so we'll see soon enough I think!
Lyndon Dykes on 13:49 - Aug 16 with 3197 viewskarl

Scottish Daily Mail running with the story.

I have to admit not seen too much of him except he is strong, athletic and willing to put in a shift as the lone forward. Lack of technique will likely be the biggest criticism but for the lone forward role putting in the hard yards I think he'll do well but fancy he needs quality coming up to work off him.
£2m is a big fee but usually from Scotland the wages are more sensible so as a package he is perhaps decent value?
6`2'' I think so adds to set piece defensive set up and with his work rate he's soon get forward from defence.
If I had to compare him I'd say Jackson Irvine would be fair.
They're both Aussies, which is coincidence, but playing at unfancied clubs putting in hard graft and getting move to Championship where that work rate is vital if you're short on a skill level.
Different positions on the pitch but can see similarities

Edit.
Most Scottish newspapers going with the story but with no detail, Daily Mail putting more definites to the story. However their claim that it because we're consigned to losing Ebere. Hopefully no one considers him a replacement!!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 13:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 14:03 - Aug 16 with 3123 viewsflynnbo

Lyndon Dykes on 13:49 - Aug 16 by karl

Scottish Daily Mail running with the story.

I have to admit not seen too much of him except he is strong, athletic and willing to put in a shift as the lone forward. Lack of technique will likely be the biggest criticism but for the lone forward role putting in the hard yards I think he'll do well but fancy he needs quality coming up to work off him.
£2m is a big fee but usually from Scotland the wages are more sensible so as a package he is perhaps decent value?
6`2'' I think so adds to set piece defensive set up and with his work rate he's soon get forward from defence.
If I had to compare him I'd say Jackson Irvine would be fair.
They're both Aussies, which is coincidence, but playing at unfancied clubs putting in hard graft and getting move to Championship where that work rate is vital if you're short on a skill level.
Different positions on the pitch but can see similarities

Edit.
Most Scottish newspapers going with the story but with no detail, Daily Mail putting more definites to the story. However their claim that it because we're consigned to losing Ebere. Hopefully no one considers him a replacement!!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 13:56]

Fingers crossed. Maybe Kelly had a word with him? Won't believe it till it's on the offish though.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:21 - Aug 16 with 3030 viewsMedwayR

Feels a bit desperate and very similar to when we signed Washington, hope it works out better.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lyndon Dykes on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 3019 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 14:03 - Aug 16 by flynnbo

Fingers crossed. Maybe Kelly had a word with him? Won't believe it till it's on the offish though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8632583/amp/QPR-agree-2m-fee-

Probably the most detailed report.
I hadn't heard Barnsley had gone as high as £1.8m, did think the jump to £2m was a bit high but Livingston have created a good auction.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:59 - Aug 16 with 2877 viewsLblock

On Sky and yellow ticker.

But......

Says bid accepted, he won't play v Glaz'gee Rangers today but will be at the game and then travel South to talk terms with us tomorrow.
Enough time then for him to stop off at Middlesborough, Sjoke or Barnsley on the way then.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lyndon Dykes on 15:04 - Aug 16 with 2851 viewskarl

£2m is high but its strength and athleticism players moving from Scotland can often lack, he has this so it will be his ability with the ball that is key.
Important to note that he's played on plastic pitches for last 2 clubs and Livi are very much a route 1 team, I think players on plastic need good control and close skills as they are pretty unforgiving but it's been his doggedness and battling that have made him an SPL player.
Neil Warnock alarm bells are ringing!
Lyndon Dykes on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 2835 viewsLunarJetman

Lyndon Dykes on 15:04 - Aug 16 by karl

£2m is high but its strength and athleticism players moving from Scotland can often lack, he has this so it will be his ability with the ball that is key.
Important to note that he's played on plastic pitches for last 2 clubs and Livi are very much a route 1 team, I think players on plastic need good control and close skills as they are pretty unforgiving but it's been his doggedness and battling that have made him an SPL player.
Neil Warnock alarm bells are ringing!

Chances are it’s a deal “worth” £2 million too. I bet it will be made up of loads of add ons and clauses.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:23 - Aug 16 with 2751 viewskarl

Lyndon Dykes on 15:08 - Aug 16 by LunarJetman

Chances are it’s a deal “worth” £2 million too. I bet it will be made up of loads of add ons and clauses.

You would hope so tbh.
At first I thought he would be back up to Hughill as 1st choice lone striker but as the fee has crept up it is getting to be an expensive squad filler.
I do think playing lone striker is a hard role if you don't get a regular run as you have too build up quite a few partnerships around the pitch, that said Hughill runs himself into the ground and is replaced around the 70 minute mark you could say he's getting good game time.
Is Hughill looking likely as loan, I haven't been up to date last few days?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:29 - Aug 16 with 2712 viewskarl

Definitely not facing Glasgow Rangers today so looks like going somewhere
Lyndon Dykes on 15:33 - Aug 16 with 2685 viewsLblock

Lyndon Dykes on 15:23 - Aug 16 by karl

You would hope so tbh.
At first I thought he would be back up to Hughill as 1st choice lone striker but as the fee has crept up it is getting to be an expensive squad filler.
I do think playing lone striker is a hard role if you don't get a regular run as you have too build up quite a few partnerships around the pitch, that said Hughill runs himself into the ground and is replaced around the 70 minute mark you could say he's getting good game time.
Is Hughill looking likely as loan, I haven't been up to date last few days?

I'd say this (IF it happens) will kybosh Hugill coming back.

Shame as I really like him, proper player for this level and, dare I say it, lower reaches of the Prem

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lyndon Dykes on 15:36 - Aug 16 with 2667 viewsflynnbo

Lyndon Dykes on 15:33 - Aug 16 by Lblock

Shame as I really like him, proper player for this level and, dare I say it, lower reaches of the Prem

Maybe 'Boro will get him back on loan as they missed out on Moore and, hopefully, Dykes.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:42 - Aug 16 with 2618 viewsbakerloo8

Personally would be avoiding players from that part of the world at all costs. Thought we had learned this regarding the absolute farce of losing Luongo for big parts of the season as he jetted around the world and took about 5 games back to reaclimatise.
That said, if he does come I hope he does great.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:45 - Aug 16 with 2591 viewsaston_hoop

Lyndon Dykes on 15:42 - Aug 16 by bakerloo8

Personally would be avoiding players from that part of the world at all costs. Thought we had learned this regarding the absolute farce of losing Luongo for big parts of the season as he jetted around the world and took about 5 games back to reaclimatise.
That said, if he does come I hope he does great.

Could end up choosing Scotland...

https://www.footballparadise.com/lyndon-dykes-nearing-decision-over-internationa

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon Dykes on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 2556 viewsNorthernr

Lyndon Dykes on 15:33 - Aug 16 by Lblock

Like signing Hugill last summer stopped Wells coming back?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 2548 viewsrsonist

Would appear to be your garden variety obnoxious Aussie rshole. Guess that's kind of what you want from a bully boy target man to be fair...
Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 2546 viewsstevec

Lyndon Dykes on 20:53 - Aug 14 by NorthLondonR

Our experiences with Aussie players has possibly exponentially improved with every signing.

Zelic, McDermott, Ward, Luongo and now 'the Dyke'. I wonder whether he will avoid being the best 'tackler in the league, to appease us all by going down easily in the box?

If ever a list said ‘don’t do it’ ....
Lyndon Dykes on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 2517 viewsrsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-jordan-hugill-west-ham-ebere-eze-latest-

WLS reported we wanted Hugill again next season while we were still waiting for Moore to decide his move so fair to assume we want two.

Dykes seems to have Moore's same skillset - physical, mobile, can play solo but could flourish in a two.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:54 - Aug 16 with 2503 viewsMickS

Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Would appear to be your garden variety obnoxious Aussie rshole. Guess that's kind of what you want from a bully boy target man to be fair...

He’s done Bircham there, to be fair, with the hair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024