Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly 14:37 - Aug 2 with 11436 viewsModeratorC

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:46 - Aug 3 with 1837 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:12 - Aug 3 by jack247

Fisher would have been hammered on here for having that game.

Yes, because he was making these errors consistently and in games that mattered, if Vig continues to do that he will too. He gets a free pass to start with though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:47 - Aug 3 with 1829 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:43 - Aug 3 by jack247

Just realised you missed most of the game. He just looks extremely confident, perhaps overconfident and very relaxed. Very happy to dribble past an attacker or play a short risky pass under pressure.

It did actually work a couple of times, as he helped us pass through a press and move it forward efficiently.

Well if still keeps doing it, it will cost us points and the wrath of the naysayers 😱
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:48 - Aug 3 with 1821 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:46 - Aug 3 by jack247

I thought he was too comfortable if that makes sense?

Agree with the rest of it. I thought Eom and Abdulai were our best players.

It’s funny how we all see things differently but I thought Abdullai was quite poor. He got tackled far too easily and didn’t seem to be physical enough.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:51 - Aug 3 with 1793 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:46 - Aug 3 by union_jack

Yes, because he was making these errors consistently and in games that mattered, if Vig continues to do that he will too. He gets a free pass to start with though.

He may well be a much better Keeper than Fisher, we didn’t really see him tested.

He just seems to have the same approach regarding skipping around attackers and passing instead of clearing when under pressure.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:54 - Aug 3 with 1756 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:51 - Aug 3 by jack247

He may well be a much better Keeper than Fisher, we didn’t really see him tested.

He just seems to have the same approach regarding skipping around attackers and passing instead of clearing when under pressure.

That sort of approach will end up with a costly mistake or two so he should be told or instructed (whichever it is) not to do it. He’s got great distribution, that should be the strength we exploit when he has the ball.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:54 - Aug 3 with 1756 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 14:34 - Aug 3 by grabsplatter

Ginelly, Allen, Parker & Ronald all injured I presume

Ronald should be fit for next Saturday.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:58 - Aug 3 with 1714 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:54 - Aug 3 by union_jack

That sort of approach will end up with a costly mistake or two so he should be told or instructed (whichever it is) not to do it. He’s got great distribution, that should be the strength we exploit when he has the ball.

He does and I can see the logic in using a keeper with footballing ability as an extra man when playing through a press.

He just needs to judge when to do that.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:03 - Aug 3 with 1704 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:46 - Aug 3 by jack247

I thought he was too comfortable if that makes sense?

Agree with the rest of it. I thought Eom and Abdulai were our best players.

Although we changed it about I felt we played 4-1-2-3. With Grimes deep and Fulton and Franco further forward, I thought it worked well and Franco has a tremendous work rate. I liked Eom more on the right than the left, how that will work when Ronald is fit who knows.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:04 - Aug 3 with 1696 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 15:29 - Aug 3 by max936

A fiver is worth 3 pints in Caditz I heard

Just about mate.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:12 - Aug 3 with 1634 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:03 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Although we changed it about I felt we played 4-1-2-3. With Grimes deep and Fulton and Franco further forward, I thought it worked well and Franco has a tremendous work rate. I liked Eom more on the right than the left, how that will work when Ronald is fit who knows.

I think we need more midfield options almost as much as we need another forward.

We cannot go into next season with Fulton/Grimes as a possible combination.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:18 - Aug 3 with 1601 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:12 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

I think we need more midfield options almost as much as we need another forward.

We cannot go into next season with Fulton/Grimes as a possible combination.

I thought Fulton had a good game and linked well with Franco.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:23 - Aug 3 with 1572 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:18 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

It may work out. I've just seen it not happen far too many times.

We need a Pato replacement in any case. A creative #10.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 1536 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 20:23 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

It may work out. I've just seen it not happen far too many times.

We need a Pato replacement in any case. A creative #10.

Franco.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:38 - Aug 3 with 1293 viewsKeithHaynes

Played further forward too.
He got on the end of that cross really well.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:44 - Aug 3 with 1265 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:38 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Played further forward too.
He got on the end of that cross really well.

He plays much better further forward, Grimes DM with Fulton and Franco advanced is a good combination. I would like to see Eom in a advanced midfield role though instead of out wide. It looks like we are starting to have various options this season.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:53 - Aug 3 with 1237 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:44 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

He plays much better further forward, Grimes DM with Fulton and Franco advanced is a good combination. I would like to see Eom in a advanced midfield role though instead of out wide. It looks like we are starting to have various options this season.

Individually Grimes and Fulton both play better when their focus is on attacking. That's why they're basically interchangeable.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:04 - Aug 3 with 1170 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 21:53 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

Individually Grimes and Fulton both play better when their focus is on attacking. That's why they're basically interchangeable.

Personally I would much prefer Grimes as DM as he is far better at the role than Fulton.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:17 - Aug 3 with 1113 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:04 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Personally I would much prefer Grimes as DM as he is far better at the role than Fulton.

Grimes is a (sorta) fan favourite so is held in higher regard despite there being a fag paper between them in terms of abilty and contribution but I've never much cared which one plays as long as it's not both.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:28 - Aug 3 with 1051 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:17 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

Grimes is a (sorta) fan favourite so is held in higher regard despite there being a fag paper between them in terms of abilty and contribution but I've never much cared which one plays as long as it's not both.

Held in higher regard by all his managers as well.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:59 - Aug 3 with 959 viewsRichardO

Franco moved to the left hand side to try and stop the outlet that Rio had found down our left, Franco was originally playing a more central role, he closed down the opposition player a lot quicker ultimately making their progression down the left harder but Tymon needs to work out the player he is marking does he go in tight earlier and stop balls to feet, stopping their play but risking the ball over the top.
Grimes and Fulton have very much the same problem do they get tighter and risk getting done for pace. The balance our midfielder has struggled with for a number of years , Franco looks as if he can be adaptable with his faster tempo work rate.
[Post edited 3 Aug 23:06]
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 23:17 - Aug 3 with 916 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 19:38 - Aug 3 by jack247

Not sure how that pans out with Ronald available. Do we play Eom a few yards ahead of Grimes and Franco? He looked skilful enough to play at #10. I thought Abdulai did well on both sides. Would be happy with him and Ronald out wide.

Allen, Grimes and Franco would be a great option if we played with a flatter 3 like today, but obviously depends on Allens availability.

Eom look so comfortable on the right linked up well with Fulton and Key, when Ronald comes back do we play him on the left maybe a better fit with Tymon as hasn't quite clicked with Key yet.
Abdulai played well and also Parker to come back giving us options.
The substitutions worked well today so hopefully the season will get off to a good start.
We were our own worst enemies today and could have thrown the game away, did we lull ourselves into a far too confident mindset and should have been punished.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 06:48 - Aug 4 with 658 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 22:28 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Held in higher regard by all his managers as well.

Managers who have all failed and never attempted to sign him at their new clubs either.

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 07:14 - Aug 4 with 633 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 06:48 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Managers who have all failed and never attempted to sign him at their new clubs either.

That’s a bold statement. With the exception of Duff, they’ve all had more success than failure and would be well out of our range now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as fans, the reality is managers invariably know far more about football than we do, even the likes of Bradley.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 07:32 - Aug 4 with 585 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 07:14 - Aug 4 by jack247

That’s a bold statement. With the exception of Duff, they’ve all had more success than failure and would be well out of our range now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as fans, the reality is managers invariably know far more about football than we do, even the likes of Bradley.

As far a Bradley is concerned, knowledge is overrated.
Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 07:40 - Aug 4 with 559 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Rio Ave : Match day friendly on 07:32 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

As far a Bradley is concerned, knowledge is overrated.

He was terrible, completely out of his depth and an astonishing appointment for a Premier League club.

I’d still take his opinion on a player over the average fans though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024