Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia 11:44 - Oct 31 with 5773 viewsWhiterockin

Here we go again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67271423
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:29 - Nov 2 with 1580 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:02 - Nov 2 by Gwyn737

A lot of good points and a really sound example about Isreal. However taking the rainbow example; that’s in support for everywhere, including over here where being a ga6bfootballer is still an issue.

I’ll also add that calling players that play for Arab owned teams for wearing rainbow laces hypocrites is also extremely simple.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:03]

Your example of gay footballers is a very good one. Here is an area that footballers can have a direct impact and work with football associations to improve the environment. It would probably have a more positive impact than simply wearing laces. The number of gay footballers happy to come out indicates there is much work to be done.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 19:04 - Nov 2 with 1563 viewsGwyn737

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:29 - Nov 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Your example of gay footballers is a very good one. Here is an area that footballers can have a direct impact and work with football associations to improve the environment. It would probably have a more positive impact than simply wearing laces. The number of gay footballers happy to come out indicates there is much work to be done.

Definitely.

And we could support the players even more if certain sections of fans stopped tarring them all with the same hypocrite brush.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 05:58 - Nov 3 with 1497 viewsWhiterockin

Worth a read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/67295892
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 10:12 - Nov 3 with 1472 viewsjack247

I’ll be honest. I’d much rather it be somewhere else, but if Wales get there I’ll go.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 11:17 - Nov 3 with 1447 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 10:12 - Nov 3 by jack247

I’ll be honest. I’d much rather it be somewhere else, but if Wales get there I’ll go.

Frankly,I wouldn’t go there even if the Lord Jesus himself was headlining .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 1427 viewsWhiterockin

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 11:17 - Nov 3 by onehunglow

How would you have felt if Saudi's had bought our club instead of Newcastle and promised to invest millions into the ground, infrastructure and players. I may be a hypocrite but I wouldn't have complained.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:32 - Nov 3 with 1411 viewsjack247

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 11:17 - Nov 3 by onehunglow

Yes, but will you go to Germany if we get there next year? It’s easy to take the moral high ground when you don’t care about the Welsh football team.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 14:41 - Nov 3 with 1371 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:00 - Nov 3 by Whiterockin

How would you have felt if Saudi's had bought our club instead of Newcastle and promised to invest millions into the ground, infrastructure and players. I may be a hypocrite but I wouldn't have complained.

Uncomfortable but I am a hypocrite
I’m honest
I don’t like the current owners either .

Login to get fewer ads

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:58 - Nov 3 with 1313 viewsReslovenSwan1

On the Arabian peninsula there are three states all different. The way I see it.

Yemen has (had) some form of democracy and they have voted to start killing each other depending on which prophet they believe in (incredibly enough). The people are very unhappy ad not well educated.

Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy very strict with some religious fanatics but is stable. The one I have met were bright and well educated. The rights of migrant workers are limited.

Oman is a Monarchy with a more relaxed approach. Women have more freedoms. The religious groups are kept under tight control. Democracy there might see fractional politics and trouble. UK have helped them in the past. I worked there for 4 months.

Democracy works for us in general. Monarchy might be better for the individual in Arabia.

Wise sage since Toshack era

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 21:21 - Nov 3 with 1291 viewsSullutaCreturned

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:58 - Nov 3 by ReslovenSwan1

On the Arabian peninsula there are three states all different. The way I see it.

Yemen has (had) some form of democracy and they have voted to start killing each other depending on which prophet they believe in (incredibly enough). The people are very unhappy ad not well educated.

Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy very strict with some religious fanatics but is stable. The one I have met were bright and well educated. The rights of migrant workers are limited.

Oman is a Monarchy with a more relaxed approach. Women have more freedoms. The religious groups are kept under tight control. Democracy there might see fractional politics and trouble. UK have helped them in the past. I worked there for 4 months.

Democracy works for us in general. Monarchy might be better for the individual in Arabia.

Saudi is stable because the religious lunatics run the country with an iron fist. Say something the rulers don't like and you may lose your head, that's not hyperbole either.

A friends father died last week, he became my friend too when I got older. He worked for an oil company and got caught at an illegal drinking party in Saudi, he got flogged, 30 lashes with a bamboo pole. it broke him, he came back a shell of the man he used to be, he sank into alcoholism, his marriage broke up and he suffered poor health the rest of his life. That party was organised thru work apparently but they still sacked him and others who went.

Migrant workers have very few rights as do women over there.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 22:45 - Nov 3 with 1268 viewsFireboy2

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 21:21 - Nov 3 by SullutaCreturned

Saudi is stable because the religious lunatics run the country with an iron fist. Say something the rulers don't like and you may lose your head, that's not hyperbole either.

A friends father died last week, he became my friend too when I got older. He worked for an oil company and got caught at an illegal drinking party in Saudi, he got flogged, 30 lashes with a bamboo pole. it broke him, he came back a shell of the man he used to be, he sank into alcoholism, his marriage broke up and he suffered poor health the rest of his life. That party was organised thru work apparently but they still sacked him and others who went.

Migrant workers have very few rights as do women over there.

Disgusting regime.

The are trying and succeeding in taking over sport with what works, money and the greedy are falling for it.

If we get there I will do what I did with the last one, not go.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 10:07 - Nov 4 with 1198 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 22:45 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Disgusting regime.

The are trying and succeeding in taking over sport with what works, money and the greedy are falling for it.

They sadly seem to be able to use their warped wealth to get anything they want
If we give into them,they will kill the game.
It is beyond madness they are even considered to host anything at all.
There again, flogging seems not a bad way to treat our scum who terrorise the vulnerable in this country .
But, suppose we need to be more civilised .

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 10:53 - Nov 4 with 1177 viewsSullutaCreturned

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 22:45 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Disgusting regime.

Absolutely disgusting. Nazi Germany was also pretty stable for several years because everyone was too scared to speak up if they disagreed with the people in charge, friends and family turned on each other.
Out in Saudi the notorious morality police, officially titled the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (but mostly known as the mutawa) were tasked with enforcing the observance of Islamic moral law. They have been watered down in recent years as the Saudi's try to buy acceptance across the world, from sport washing to investing in business and even on times kidnapping dissidents who spread bad news about their home country, remember Jamal Khashoggi except they killed him, their money is being used to buy our favour and as we have seen, it's far too easily done.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 17:36 - Nov 4 with 1126 viewsRhonddaSwans

Comes down to money nothing more.
Don't care about their questionable values,
This was all the Saudi pro league was about.

It shouldn't go to a Muslim winter world cup every few years.

It should be Europe, America, Aisa, Africa , Europe , America , Aisa, Africa.

The middle east should never get a cup as the world cup is a summer tournament.
Its to keep football going at the end of the season.

The winter world cups are bad for any form team pre world cup!
This is not right.

I hope water run cars come out by 2032 as they will never see another world cup!

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 17:38 - Nov 4 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 17:36 - Nov 4 by RhonddaSwans

This is not right.

I hope water run cars come out by 2032 as they will never see another world cup!

Good stuff
We stood firm against filthy apartheid and SA had to change.
We need to stand firm against the likes of Saudi and simply ostracise them

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:08 - Nov 4 with 1112 viewsSullutaCreturned

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 17:36 - Nov 4 by RhonddaSwans

This is not right.

Why do you think they are buying so much up right now? Why do you think the saudis are pumping less oil so the prices remain higher?

If they own so much across the world who can stop them? if they have so much more money in the bank they will keep the money rolling in, they'll lend and charge interest.

I do wonder how much of other countries sovereign debt they own? Just like China, have they been busy buying it up so they can keep the West in debt to them.

Water driven cars won't matter, always watch the money, the people who control that control the world.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 18:51 - Nov 4 with 1096 viewsSgorioFruit

football sucks ass these days

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 22:16 - Nov 4 with 1053 viewsReslovenSwan1

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 17:38 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Good stuff
We stood firm against filthy apartheid and SA had to change.
We need to stand firm against the likes of Saudi and simply ostracise them

WRU did not stand firm. Welsh rugby people did not stand firm. WoL still employs pundits who toured Apartheid South Africa. One very famous Swansea supporting Rugby player has never apologized for sanction busting as far as I know. They are still revered and honoured. Cardiff Rugby club toured in 1971 or 1972. It has been airbrushed. History is a written record. Memories fade. No one remembers it or mentions it. The "King" and the "Prince" went I think.

Some rugby players have gone to their grave without reflecting. All brushed under the carpet. Some like me to do not forget.

Life in Saudi Arabia cannot be compared with Wales. If you live an undisciplined way and go for a summer drive forgetting your phone, a puncture can be a death sentence.

They like us are a Monarchy. They are in our camp and we need to help them and their people to liberalise. It seems they are open to this idea. We have some domestic morality issues of our own which are highly controversial and belong on another thread.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 0:31]

Wise sage since Toshack era

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 985 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 22:16 - Nov 4 by ReslovenSwan1

WRU did not stand firm. Welsh rugby people did not stand firm. WoL still employs pundits who toured Apartheid South Africa. One very famous Swansea supporting Rugby player has never apologized for sanction busting as far as I know. They are still revered and honoured. Cardiff Rugby club toured in 1971 or 1972. It has been airbrushed. History is a written record. Memories fade. No one remembers it or mentions it. The "King" and the "Prince" went I think.

Some rugby players have gone to their grave without reflecting. All brushed under the carpet. Some like me to do not forget.

Life in Saudi Arabia cannot be compared with Wales. If you live an undisciplined way and go for a summer drive forgetting your phone, a puncture can be a death sentence.

They like us are a Monarchy. They are in our camp and we need to help them and their people to liberalise. It seems they are open to this idea. We have some domestic morality issues of our own which are highly controversial and belong on another thread.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 0:31]

I did not refer to WRU.
As a nation,we did .
Do you not think the boycotts worked.
Without sport SA is nothing . Read their God driven lust for rugby on any forum you like .
apartheid killed them and backfired on them too spectacularly

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 10:18 - Nov 5 with 960 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wonder if Saudi Arabia or Qatar will be offering to host the women's World Cup anytime soon ?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:13 - Nov 5 with 935 viewsJJJack

I'll look forward to this. Loved the mid-winter WC last year and few admit (though it's obvious) that holding it in Nov/Dec was far better as players are knackered in June/July. Weather seemed not too hot, exciting games. Holding a WC in Qatar was utterly ridiculous but I'm not sure how many countries are whiter than white. Very close to zero. Nowhere more corrupt than the U.S......not seeing many moaning about them buying the WC? We will see what happens come 2034 - an awful lot will happen before that. Sport provides a release from the increasingly miserable world we inhabit.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 13:48 - Nov 5 with 901 viewsonehunglow

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:13 - Nov 5 by JJJack

I'll look forward to this. Loved the mid-winter WC last year and few admit (though it's obvious) that holding it in Nov/Dec was far better as players are knackered in June/July. Weather seemed not too hot, exciting games. Holding a WC in Qatar was utterly ridiculous but I'm not sure how many countries are whiter than white. Very close to zero. Nowhere more corrupt than the U.S......not seeing many moaning about them buying the WC? We will see what happens come 2034 - an awful lot will happen before that. Sport provides a release from the increasingly miserable world we inhabit.

Difference is gay people are not treated as they are in Saudi
Few countries are so backward as Saudi but they are efficient at dealing with discord
Can't remember many demoed in Saudi or Qatar

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 23:10 - Nov 5 with 844 viewsDr_Winston

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 12:13 - Nov 5 by JJJack

Players are even more f*cked now that they've basically had no rest at all for three seasons.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 21:19 - Nov 9 with 708 viewsSullutaCreturned

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 23:10 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

Players are even more f*cked now that they've basically had no rest at all for three seasons.

As for the weather, wasn't it still over 40 degrees with all the stadiums having air conditioning throughout? That must have used massive amounts of eletricity.

At least with a traditional world cup most players get a break but having it mid season means every player not at the WC still has to train properly time to keep fitness up.
2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 21:32 - Nov 9 with 698 viewsDr_Winston

2034 World Cup set for Saudi Arabia on 21:19 - Nov 9 by SullutaCreturned

As for the weather, wasn't it still over 40 degrees with all the stadiums having air conditioning throughout? That must have used massive amounts of eletricity.

At least with a traditional world cup most players get a break but having it mid season means every player not at the WC still has to train properly time to keep fitness up.

There's just too many games. Certainly too much International football.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024