Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoos on SS 23:17 - Apr 28 with 6820 viewsStanisgod

Just caught Hoos on SS talking about the players 25%
wage reduction.
Pretty much said that the leagues advance has already gone, matches behind closed doors will lose money, sponsors and season ticket holders to be refunded, looked like a man who had spent three years putting things right to have it all fall apart in a space of a few months.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hoos on SS on 13:20 - Apr 29 with 1961 viewsBAWHoops

You would hope that FFP for this season (and potentially the start of next) would be flexible enough to allow owners and donors to be able to inject cash to cover loss.

So if QPR were projected to pull in an additional £1m through ticket sales and revenue from their remaining matchdays then the owners should be able to gift that to the club with no consequences.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hoos on SS on 13:24 - Apr 29 with 1952 viewsNorthernr

Hoos on SS on 12:56 - Apr 29 by thame_hoops

Its a nice sentiment but you shouldn't be given a choice, the money should go straight bank into your account. if footballers are still being paid thousands of pounds a week dont feel bad accepting a £80 refund or whatever it will be.

Well I agree that people shouldn't feel bad, but like I say just offer the choice.
Hoos on SS on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 1933 viewsdaveB

Hoos on SS on 13:20 - Apr 29 by BAWHoops

You would hope that FFP for this season (and potentially the start of next) would be flexible enough to allow owners and donors to be able to inject cash to cover loss.

So if QPR were projected to pull in an additional £1m through ticket sales and revenue from their remaining matchdays then the owners should be able to gift that to the club with no consequences.

can the owners afford to gift 1 million? I doubt Air Asia are doing very well at the moment
Hoos on SS on 13:30 - Apr 29 with 1926 viewsPinnerPaul

Hoos on SS on 13:24 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Well I agree that people shouldn't feel bad, but like I say just offer the choice.

Fair enough
Hoos on SS on 13:40 - Apr 29 with 1892 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos on SS on 10:19 - Apr 29 by stevec

Seems to be the scenario, certainly from the players perspective.

I wonder if these players realise that their intransigence is going to put hundreds and hundreds of fellow players and coaching staff on the scrap heap or at best massively reduced wages on any new contracts.

They either don’t get it or don’t care.

"They either don’t get it or don’t care"

I think that may be a little presumptive SteveC because I guess the real world is a lot more complex than we might think in terms of how football contracts are structured and I would hazard a guess that most of the players at QPR and all professional clubs are being advised by their agents/advisers on what to do whilst at the same time trying to balance a moral conscience of maybe wanting to do their bit for the club and the wider society without knowing how best to do this - remember these are professional footballers who from 16 - 38 are told where to be and what to do by other people.

I would suspect that footballers are signed on some sort of contractual agreement that does not really make them employees of the club. I have no proof or evidence of this but I would reckon that each individual player is on a contract to provide services to the club and therefore from a club's perspective they would have to have the QPR legal team talking to God knows how many people to get a consensus and then start the process of getting deferral addendum drafted and agreed and then they go back and forth and eventually get signed.

Compare this to the "real" world where we get told on a Friday afternoon that 85% of our company is on furlough, 10% of us (me included thank God) are reduced to a 3 day week on 60% salary and the other 5% are kept on full time hours (IT support/network admin etc). There is no negotiation no deferrals, we are employees and we just take it.

However, then those of us who manage 3rd party suppliers can't just turn around to our supplier relationship managers and say "we're stuffed so we need you to take a 25% cut in our agreed service agreement costs until we are out of the brown stuff. We have had to go cap in hand very quickly and ask that they agree to extend payment terms by an extra 90 days, and most have agreed as far as I am aware. It is these type of contracts that I suspect the players are on whilst the media team and the finance team at QPR FC are probably employees like I am an employee of my company.

I do think there is a lot of jealousy about footballers salaries and sometimes I think there is an attitude toward them that because it is a "sport" the players should be grateful they are allowed to merely run around chasing a ball all week, even though on a match day every single element of their job performance is monitored and scrutinised and criticised by 18K+ amateur experts who have never reached their level but have an opinion about what they should and shouldn't earn.

For every Angel Rangel who wanders around the streets delivering non-sold sandwiches to the homeless there may be a player who is self-centred enough to kick back and think I'm alright Jack, just keep sending me my weekly coin, but I think there will be a lot who will do things and do things, quietly and below the radar, within their family and friends and community whilst the media and the politicians are saying what bar-stewards they all are for daring to earn fantastic money when a sudden crisis hits the global economy.

The mere fact that the club only announced this deferral yesterday or whenever it was must point the fact that it took more than a quick ring round of the 25+ players by Hoos to get the buy in to the 25% deferral.

Life outside of a forum is not as black and white I suspect.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:46]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hoos on SS on 14:14 - Apr 29 with 1827 viewsderbyhoop

Hoos speaks a lot of sense. We are lucky to have him.
And he's right. Football will need to re-think its position, particularly in regards to player wages. Deferrals are OK , but the clubs are, eventually, going to have to pay.

It's difficult to see how, when, in all likelihood the 2019/20 season is going to be completed behind closed doors.i.e. no significant income for clubs below the PL. Or, like the Dutch and French leagues, not completed at all. I can't see social distancing being relaxed enough, this year, to let 14,000 people into the KPFS.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hoos on SS on 14:31 - Apr 29 with 1799 viewsTeddRanger

Season ticket deadline was extended until 30th May a few weeks ago.

Has anyone renewed?

What if the season doesn't start until January with half the games or the first half is behind closed doors only?
Hoos on SS on 14:58 - Apr 29 with 1753 viewsColinr

Hoos on SS on 14:31 - Apr 29 by TeddRanger

Has anyone renewed?

What if the season doesn't start until January with half the games or the first half is behind closed doors only?

My Season ticket is paid using the direct debit facility of monthly payments. Have not checked but pretty sure no notification received of forthcoming debits since the season was stopped.
If this is the case then from my perspective no refund is due (maybe for Barnsley) and I am automatically renewed when the club can allow spectators to attend.
Happy to be corrected if I am wrong :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Hoos on SS on 15:03 - Apr 29 with 1732 viewsA40Bosh

Hoos on SS on 14:31 - Apr 29 by TeddRanger

Has anyone renewed?

Anyone remember seeing an email or some sort of communication from the club that those of us who paid over the 10mth interest free option will get an auto renewal for next year?
Or is that me just being wishful and lazy?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hoos on SS on 15:41 - Apr 29 with 1664 viewsBklynRanger

Hoos on SS on 15:03 - Apr 29 by A40Bosh

Anyone remember seeing an email or some sort of communication from the club that those of us who paid over the 10mth interest free option will get an auto renewal for next year?
Or is that me just being wishful and lazy?

Last couple of years it's just autorenewed. They tell you if you phone up but that's about it.
Hoos on SS on 15:52 - Apr 29 with 1637 viewsColinr

Hoos on SS on 15:41 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Last couple of years it's just autorenewed. They tell you if you phone up but that's about it.

For the DD 10 month Interest free scheme you are automatically renewed. This means the onus is on you to cancel your DD if you do not wish to continue.
Hoos on SS on 15:52 - Apr 29 with 1637 viewsslmrstid

The normal direct debit auto-renewals have in previous years had the first instalment go out at the beginning of June.

Me and my dad will be letting our tickets auto-renew, but I'll be amazed if there's any direct debit going out at the beginning of June for them (actually I'd be a bit miffed if they did go out when we still don't know what is going to happen!)

Not sure what I'd do if offered a refund for the remaining games it seems ever more likely I won't be able/allowed to attend (delete as appropriate, depending how the situation goes!) On the one hand, its money gone, I'm fortunate enough that I don't really need the cash back, at the same time the accountant in me doesn't like having money taken for something I've not been able to attend through no fault of my own.

(On that line, I've had a rant at TIcketmaster recently, which they haven't responded to, over their booking fee for a gig I had tickets for through them - the gig got cancelled and ticket money refunded, but not the £2.75 Ticketmaster booking fee - barstewards)

To be honest I actually feel fairly relaxed about whether this situation kills off a load of clubs, including QPR. This is mainly because if loads of clubs go at once, they won't all get kicked out of the league a la Bury, and secondly because if the worst did happen, I have full faith the club would reform - as would all the others - like all the other clubs who have collapsed and reformed before them. QPR will outlive us all in one form or another. My only real fear would be losing Loftus Road before its time and having to knock around other grounds that aren't ours, like some of the reformed clubs have had to do.
Hoos on SS on 16:13 - Apr 29 with 1608 viewsBoston

Hoos on SS on 15:52 - Apr 29 by slmrstid

The normal direct debit auto-renewals have in previous years had the first instalment go out at the beginning of June.

Me and my dad will be letting our tickets auto-renew, but I'll be amazed if there's any direct debit going out at the beginning of June for them (actually I'd be a bit miffed if they did go out when we still don't know what is going to happen!)

Not sure what I'd do if offered a refund for the remaining games it seems ever more likely I won't be able/allowed to attend (delete as appropriate, depending how the situation goes!) On the one hand, its money gone, I'm fortunate enough that I don't really need the cash back, at the same time the accountant in me doesn't like having money taken for something I've not been able to attend through no fault of my own.

(On that line, I've had a rant at TIcketmaster recently, which they haven't responded to, over their booking fee for a gig I had tickets for through them - the gig got cancelled and ticket money refunded, but not the £2.75 Ticketmaster booking fee - barstewards)

To be honest I actually feel fairly relaxed about whether this situation kills off a load of clubs, including QPR. This is mainly because if loads of clubs go at once, they won't all get kicked out of the league a la Bury, and secondly because if the worst did happen, I have full faith the club would reform - as would all the others - like all the other clubs who have collapsed and reformed before them. QPR will outlive us all in one form or another. My only real fear would be losing Loftus Road before its time and having to knock around other grounds that aren't ours, like some of the reformed clubs have had to do.

Good points slimmers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hoos on SS on 04:26 - Apr 30 with 1420 viewsBushman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/27/football-not-restart-until-stra

Good on them.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 4:35]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Hoos on SS on 07:52 - Apr 30 with 1347 viewsdavman

We're gonna get next to nothing for Eze, Manning and BOS now though, aren't we?

Bang goes another cash opportunity to build...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hoos on SS on 08:20 - Apr 30 with 1323 viewsNorthernr

Hoos on SS on 07:52 - Apr 30 by davman

We're gonna get next to nothing for Eze, Manning and BOS now though, aren't we?

Bang goes another cash opportunity to build...

I'm slightly more confident now I know Eze has two more years. If he'd been coming into the last year of his contract now then yeh I'd have been fearing the worst.
And with the other two maybe yes, although maybe if the market collapses and clubs can't offer what they could a few months ago then new contracts at QPR might start to look like quite a nice, secure option. Bet they wish they were earning the money we offered them six months ago now, for instance.
Hoos on SS on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 1270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoos on SS on 08:20 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I'm slightly more confident now I know Eze has two more years. If he'd been coming into the last year of his contract now then yeh I'd have been fearing the worst.
And with the other two maybe yes, although maybe if the market collapses and clubs can't offer what they could a few months ago then new contracts at QPR might start to look like quite a nice, secure option. Bet they wish they were earning the money we offered them six months ago now, for instance.

Great news.

Just great.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos on SS on 09:30 - Apr 30 with 1254 viewsNorthernr

Hoos on SS on 09:25 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Great news.

Just great.

It'll all go to sht, as you well know.
Hoos on SS on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 1242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoos on SS on 09:30 - Apr 30 by Northernr

It'll all go to sht, as you well know.

Jesus, man.

Five minutes of happiness. That's all I wanted............

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos on SS on 10:04 - Apr 30 with 1196 viewsRBlock

Hoos on SS on 13:40 - Apr 29 by A40Bosh

"They either don’t get it or don’t care"

I think that may be a little presumptive SteveC because I guess the real world is a lot more complex than we might think in terms of how football contracts are structured and I would hazard a guess that most of the players at QPR and all professional clubs are being advised by their agents/advisers on what to do whilst at the same time trying to balance a moral conscience of maybe wanting to do their bit for the club and the wider society without knowing how best to do this - remember these are professional footballers who from 16 - 38 are told where to be and what to do by other people.

I would suspect that footballers are signed on some sort of contractual agreement that does not really make them employees of the club. I have no proof or evidence of this but I would reckon that each individual player is on a contract to provide services to the club and therefore from a club's perspective they would have to have the QPR legal team talking to God knows how many people to get a consensus and then start the process of getting deferral addendum drafted and agreed and then they go back and forth and eventually get signed.

Compare this to the "real" world where we get told on a Friday afternoon that 85% of our company is on furlough, 10% of us (me included thank God) are reduced to a 3 day week on 60% salary and the other 5% are kept on full time hours (IT support/network admin etc). There is no negotiation no deferrals, we are employees and we just take it.

However, then those of us who manage 3rd party suppliers can't just turn around to our supplier relationship managers and say "we're stuffed so we need you to take a 25% cut in our agreed service agreement costs until we are out of the brown stuff. We have had to go cap in hand very quickly and ask that they agree to extend payment terms by an extra 90 days, and most have agreed as far as I am aware. It is these type of contracts that I suspect the players are on whilst the media team and the finance team at QPR FC are probably employees like I am an employee of my company.

I do think there is a lot of jealousy about footballers salaries and sometimes I think there is an attitude toward them that because it is a "sport" the players should be grateful they are allowed to merely run around chasing a ball all week, even though on a match day every single element of their job performance is monitored and scrutinised and criticised by 18K+ amateur experts who have never reached their level but have an opinion about what they should and shouldn't earn.

For every Angel Rangel who wanders around the streets delivering non-sold sandwiches to the homeless there may be a player who is self-centred enough to kick back and think I'm alright Jack, just keep sending me my weekly coin, but I think there will be a lot who will do things and do things, quietly and below the radar, within their family and friends and community whilst the media and the politicians are saying what bar-stewards they all are for daring to earn fantastic money when a sudden crisis hits the global economy.

The mere fact that the club only announced this deferral yesterday or whenever it was must point the fact that it took more than a quick ring round of the 25+ players by Hoos to get the buy in to the 25% deferral.

Life outside of a forum is not as black and white I suspect.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 13:46]

2 points here. Footballers are paid via PAYE, which would indicate that they are considered employees. Not independent entities, who are contracted to provide services as you suggest.

Secondly, it seems a bit unfair that those of you who continue working for your company three days a week get 60% of wages, whilst those furloughed and now doing sweet FA get 80%!
Hoos on SS on 10:22 - Apr 30 with 1173 viewsTeddRanger

For those who pay for their ST in one chunk....

Are you forking out the £465 or £535 despite not knowing how much of next season we will see?
Hoos on SS on 10:56 - Apr 30 with 1141 viewsterryb

Hoos on SS on 10:22 - Apr 30 by TeddRanger

For those who pay for their ST in one chunk....

Are you forking out the £465 or £535 despite not knowing how much of next season we will see?

I'm waiting until the end of May to see what the situation is, but I do expect to pay the whole amount by that deadline.

It may well be that the deadline has a further extention & that arefund would be paid if matches were BCD or play each club once only etc.

I'm in the fortunate position of getting a senior discount & being rertired my income hasn't suffered.
Hoos on SS on 11:37 - Apr 30 with 1102 viewsLazyFan

Hoos on SS on 08:20 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I must have missed this, I thought he was coming into his Hoos last year extension?
If I have that wrong then that's great.

I still worry about BOS and Manning. We sold Furlong too cheap in my view and when we did not have too as we managed to sell others.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024