Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking anti-Semitism news 22:18 - Nov 25 with 19484 viewsDarran

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50552068?intlink_from_url=&link_locatio

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 14:40 - Dec 2 with 1324 viewsNotLoyal

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 12:56 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah you’re wrong. On all of that. Good effort though. I don’t need to deflect from Mosley’s political affiliations. They’re a matter of historical fact. And you’re the Mrs Malaprop of PS.

Anyone who argues a point to stifle debate is no better than he was regardless of the year.

BTW, my feelings for you are very strong, I’m here to help you x

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 14:45 - Dec 2 with 1315 viewsNotLoyal

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 12:53 - Dec 1 by Lohengrin

No, mate. In 1930 he was still widely looked upon as Labour’s heir apparent. At Llandudno in October 1930 he received what Brockway described as “the longest and loudest ovation I’ve heard before or since at Conference.”

He formed The New Party, which I believe is what you’re referring to on St. David’s Day, 1931. Reading its programme now, and bearing in mind he took a fair proportion of ILP activists with him, it’s fair to say it was radical-left.

His verdict on Labour as he slammed the door behind was rhetorical and scathing: “what are we to make of a Salvation Army that takes to its heels on the day of judgement?”
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 17:08]

I’m sure exact dates of leaving labour and starting something else are fine. However, He had meetings in 1929 with a variety of sympathetic types of the time. My point to ECB was simple. And accurate. We are not all robots and yes, some of us do know our points in case before we enter a fray such as this example with a denier that labours history in supporting the right and anti semitism goes far deeper than papa smurfs recent indiscretions.

OK I've changed it.

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 14:58 - Dec 2 with 1297 viewsHighjack

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 12:53 - Dec 1 by Lohengrin

No, mate. In 1930 he was still widely looked upon as Labour’s heir apparent. At Llandudno in October 1930 he received what Brockway described as “the longest and loudest ovation I’ve heard before or since at Conference.”

He formed The New Party, which I believe is what you’re referring to on St. David’s Day, 1931. Reading its programme now, and bearing in mind he took a fair proportion of ILP activists with him, it’s fair to say it was radical-left.

His verdict on Labour as he slammed the door behind was rhetorical and scathing: “what are we to make of a Salvation Army that takes to its heels on the day of judgement?”
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 17:08]

Was that when Brockway got taken off politics reporting and shoved on the weather?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 15:33 - Dec 2 with 1284 viewsLohengrin

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 10:46 - Dec 2 by Joe_bradshaw

The National Trust has preserved a few of the Birmingham ‘Back to Backs’.

Well worth a visit.

Is that the Black Country Living Museum you’re thinking of, Joe?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 15:47 - Dec 2 with 1277 viewsLohengrin

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 14:45 - Dec 2 by NotLoyal

I’m sure exact dates of leaving labour and starting something else are fine. However, He had meetings in 1929 with a variety of sympathetic types of the time. My point to ECB was simple. And accurate. We are not all robots and yes, some of us do know our points in case before we enter a fray such as this example with a denier that labours history in supporting the right and anti semitism goes far deeper than papa smurfs recent indiscretions.

He had lots of meetings around that time attempting to rally support around his Memorandum with people like Nye Bevan, Oliver Stanley and Harold Macmillan. Cross party Parliamentary talks as the names suggest. He was also consulting almost daily with Keynes prior to the publication of ‘Revolution by Reason.’

All this was pretty well documented at the time and has been written about extensively since. If you’re interested in the period, mate, far and away the best and most accessible text is this:

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 15:49]

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 16:32 - Dec 2 with 1256 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 15:33 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

Is that the Black Country Living Museum you’re thinking of, Joe?

No mate, I’ve been there as well and it’s good value but this is what I’m talking about.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/birmingham-back-to-backs

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 16:38 - Dec 2 with 1249 viewsNotLoyal

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 15:47 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

He had lots of meetings around that time attempting to rally support around his Memorandum with people like Nye Bevan, Oliver Stanley and Harold Macmillan. Cross party Parliamentary talks as the names suggest. He was also consulting almost daily with Keynes prior to the publication of ‘Revolution by Reason.’

All this was pretty well documented at the time and has been written about extensively since. If you’re interested in the period, mate, far and away the best and most accessible text is this:

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 15:49]

I am very much so, family member served in the spanish civil war and it’s always been an interest, things like what encouraged them at the time to take sides and actually in two cases go and fight. So thanks very much for the info 👍

OK I've changed it.

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 17:03 - Dec 2 with 1231 viewsLohengrin

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 16:32 - Dec 2 by Joe_bradshaw

No mate, I’ve been there as well and it’s good value but this is what I’m talking about.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/birmingham-back-to-backs

Thanks for that, Joe. I had no idea it was there and it’s just up the road from New Street.

I’ve got some time off in January, I think I’ll nip up and have a look.

Cheers!

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 17:30 - Dec 2 with 1213 viewsEbo

Nice one!

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-vatican-recognizes-palestine-as-a-state-ange

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 18:08 - Dec 2 with 1205 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 17:30 - Dec 2 by Ebo

Nice one!

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-vatican-recognizes-palestine-as-a-state-ange

Arf!

Vatican who refused point blank to condemn Nazis in WW2. Who only recently allowed researchers access to documentation but can't take notes, can't have phones, lights in the room. Almost as if they have something to hide.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 18:09]
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 18:54 - Dec 2 with 1182 viewsexiledclaseboy

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 14:40 - Dec 2 by NotLoyal

Anyone who argues a point to stifle debate is no better than he was regardless of the year.

BTW, my feelings for you are very strong, I’m here to help you x

Love you too, sweetums.

Poll: Tory leader

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 01:03 - Dec 4 with 1100 viewsEbo

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 18:08 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

Vatican who refused point blank to condemn Nazis in WW2. Who only recently allowed researchers access to documentation but can't take notes, can't have phones, lights in the room. Almost as if they have something to hide.

So it's ok to be critical of a religion as long as it's not the Jewish faith?

Let's not forget
Jewish agents helped the Nazis in return for limited freedom and other compensations (food, money) for the collaborators and their relatives.

Jewish collaborators also informed Germany's Gestapo of Polish resistance, including on its efforts to hide Jews and engaged in racketeering, blackmail, and extortion in the Warsaw Ghetto

Pot, kettle, black.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 1:03]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 01:34 - Dec 4 with 1086 viewsHumpty

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 01:03 - Dec 4 by Ebo

Let's not forget
Jewish agents helped the Nazis in return for limited freedom and other compensations (food, money) for the collaborators and their relatives.

Jewish collaborators also informed Germany's Gestapo of Polish resistance, including on its efforts to hide Jews and engaged in racketeering, blackmail, and extortion in the Warsaw Ghetto

Pot, kettle, black.

FFS no. They're really not the same.

Sorry Eb but you're really not helping your side. In fact you're helping theirs.
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:10 - Dec 4 with 1037 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 18:08 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

So you don't recognise Palestine as a state?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:29 - Dec 4 with 1033 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:10 - Dec 4 by jackrmee

So you don't recognise Palestine as a state?

Nope.
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:31 - Dec 4 with 1031 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 01:03 - Dec 4 by Ebo

Let's not forget

Pot, kettle, black.

Sigh, Jewish is ethnicity and/or religion, stop incorrectly comparing the two.

Not sure what your last two points are other than to confirm you're an idiot tbh. Gasp, when being slaughtered some people do anything to save themselves.

That must show Jews are evil scum to the likes of you, eh?
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:51 - Dec 4 with 1021 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:29 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

Nope.

Why not?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:54 - Dec 4 with 1020 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:51 - Dec 4 by jackrmee

Why not?

I refer you to the comments of Zahir Muhsein.
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:57 - Dec 4 with 1017 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:31 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

Sigh, Jewish is ethnicity and/or religion, stop incorrectly comparing the two.

Not sure what your last two points are other than to confirm you're an idiot tbh. Gasp, when being slaughtered some people do anything to save themselves.

That must show Jews are evil scum to the likes of you, eh?

So you can be Jewish by ethnicity, but not by religion?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:58 - Dec 4 with 1014 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:54 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

I refer you to the comments of Zahir Muhsein.

Go on then, refer me...

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:00 - Dec 4 with 1010 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 08:57 - Dec 4 by jackrmee

So you can be Jewish by ethnicity, but not by religion?

Correct. There are many Jews who don't practice the religious side.
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:05 - Dec 4 with 1008 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:00 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

Correct. There are many Jews who don't practice the religious side.

So are there Muslim Jews?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:06 - Dec 4 with 1004 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:05 - Dec 4 by jackrmee

So are there Muslim Jews?

How the fvck would I know that?

They'd have to convert which is not an easy process...
Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:07 - Dec 4 with 1001 viewsjackrmee

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:06 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

How the fvck would I know that?

They'd have to convert which is not an easy process...

So you can't be a Muslim and still a Jew?

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:11 - Dec 4 with 992 viewsbluey_the_blue

Breaking anti-Semitism news on 09:07 - Dec 4 by jackrmee

So you can't be a Muslim and still a Jew?

If you were Jewish and converted to Islam, you'd be a Jew practising Islam.

If you were born Muslim and decided to convert to Judaism, you'd no longer be practising Islam and thus would be Jewish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024