Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread 23:27 - Nov 28 with 28781 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 14:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:08 - Dec 1 with 2576 viewsGlyn1

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 1 by Croftyjack

Let's stop making Potter out to be the Messiah though and he deserves better cos I'm disillusioned with him tbh

Tough, because he's staying our manager for the next couple of seasons at least.

A 2 - 1 home win is football's most common result anyway.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:08 - Dec 1 with 2575 viewsjack2jack

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 1 by icecoldjack

All a bit meh.

Not good enough in first half, had a go in the 2nd half, a selection that had defeat written all over it, we are a team that has now found it's level of performance.

I know people will disagree but not having some old heads like routs and dyer to help the young players is a major negative for me, there are obvious financial reasons for not using this no d of experience, well, if things continue they will have no option.

I'm not too down, it's just all a bit predictable.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 17:05]

There's no substitute for experience, it's no surprise that when Fer comes on, things seem to settle down somewhat.
Let's hope the youngsters don't get too down,it's up to the Manager to pick them up.
The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 1 with 2402 viewsjackrmee

OK we've lost 3 in a row.
OK team selections are still somewhat unpredictable.
But we have one of the brightest managers around, and I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but we have him for a long while (hopefully).
Losing 3 games on the trot is not as annoying as you lot moaning and groaning every week. Bunch of negative kunts.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 1 with 2374 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 1 by jackrmee

But we have one of the brightest managers around, and I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but we have him for a long while (hopefully).
Losing 3 games on the trot is not as annoying as you lot moaning and groaning every week. Bunch of negative kunts.

How is he one of the brightest managers around?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 1 with 2377 viewsperplex

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Never mind . Perhaps we could get a big F.A. cup game away at Man Utd. That could fund a loan player til the end of the season.

Now stop being silly if that happens the first priority will be owner profit how long will it be until this sinks in with you guys
The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 1 with 2245 viewsLoyal

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 1 by jackrmee

They are predictable but others would tell you he tinkers with the side, both ways ? Dwight only revels in our misery and offers no positives. The fact we are 'nearly' competing is a surprise to me with what he has to choose from, this was always going to happen.

His hands are tied. He has no resource or support to change anything as it stands.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 2219 viewsmonmouth

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How is he one of the brightest managers around?

He has a degree....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:47 - Dec 1 with 2142 viewsairedale

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:08 - Dec 1 by Glyn1

Tough, because he's staying our manager for the next couple of seasons at least.

A 2 - 1 home win is football's most common result anyway.

And the most common away result......
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:47 - Dec 1 with 2132 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 1 by monmouth

He has a degree....

He had success in Sweden is the likely answer. Quite how that makes him one of the brightest managers around baffles me.

Eddie Howe is a bright manager. That man at Arsenal is a bright manager. So is Guardiola. A man playing Declan John ahead of Martin Olsson and Kyle Naughton isn't a bright manager.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 1 with 2102 viewsmonmouth

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:47 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He had success in Sweden is the likely answer. Quite how that makes him one of the brightest managers around baffles me.

Eddie Howe is a bright manager. That man at Arsenal is a bright manager. So is Guardiola. A man playing Declan John ahead of Martin Olsson and Kyle Naughton isn't a bright manager.

Your last sentence is a right kick in the nuts on the brightness issue, fair play.

I agree by the way. he's done nothing yet to really justify any reputation one way or the other. I'm definitely not a fan of the tombola selection that we are seeing. i mean even Billy Brad Bobbly put them in their actual positions when he used his random darts. far too early to get the pitchforks out, let's see where we are later in the season. He needs to get a grip now though, another supine defeat next week and there will be trouble ahead.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 17:53]

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 1 with 2090 viewsexiledclaseboy

Declan John, you’ve been gone too long...

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 1 with 2079 viewsmonmouth

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Declan John, you’ve been gone too long...

Supreme

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 1 with 2062 viewsSmellyplumz

The squad is average... Maybe they've been punching Above their weight until now, hopefully just a blip.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:01 - Dec 1 with 2043 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:56 - Dec 1 by monmouth

Supreme

I was thinking Bananarama but you’re older than me.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Dec 1 with 2042 viewslifelong

Radio Wales commentators reckoned it’s the first time we’ve lost 3 in a row,at this level, since 1984.
You could see them grinning on the radio as they said it.
The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 1 with 1942 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Dec 1 by Smellyplumz

The squad is average... Maybe they've been punching Above their weight until now, hopefully just a blip.

I think that there is talent in our squad and Potter has worked wonders with them. They have achieved way beyond my expectations. I expected performances like this from the off after a truly shocking last window. I would say the side continue to punch above their weight by managing to at least live with a vastly more experienced side like Derby.
I was hoping we could have kept our form up to the window so Jenkins could loosen the purse strings and we could make a fist of getting back up at the first attempt.
Now he needs to spend just to keep us in this division.
Our inexperienced threadbare squad is devoid of confidence and our passing game has fallen to bits as a result.
Only one man to blame and I hope he supports Potter by making some money available so that we can at least avoid the drop. I also hope he stays out of the sourcing and the negotiations as well as he has not got a Scooby.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 1 with 1942 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 1 by perplex

Now stop being silly if that happens the first priority will be owner profit how long will it be until this sinks in with you guys

But E20 said different...……………………..

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 1922 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 1 by Private_Partz

I think that there is talent in our squad and Potter has worked wonders with them. They have achieved way beyond my expectations. I expected performances like this from the off after a truly shocking last window. I would say the side continue to punch above their weight by managing to at least live with a vastly more experienced side like Derby.
I was hoping we could have kept our form up to the window so Jenkins could loosen the purse strings and we could make a fist of getting back up at the first attempt.
Now he needs to spend just to keep us in this division.
Our inexperienced threadbare squad is devoid of confidence and our passing game has fallen to bits as a result.
Only one man to blame and I hope he supports Potter by making some money available so that we can at least avoid the drop. I also hope he stays out of the sourcing and the negotiations as well as he has not got a Scooby.

Now hold on a minute. That man has presided over a net transfer profit (even allowing for the losses on the Ayews and Bony) I was reliably informed the other day.

Mind you it was an utter cockwomble who was informing me. Spreadsheet Sparrow I think his username was...…………….

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Dec 1 with 1915 viewsjasper_T

Three games against genuine promotion contenders. Disappointing week but not the end of the world.

5 of the next 6 games are against teams below us in the table. Two of them (Brentford, WIgan) put out younger teams than we do most weeks. Plenty to play for. See where we are after New Year's day.
The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 1897 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Dec 1 by jasper_T

Three games against genuine promotion contenders. Disappointing week but not the end of the world.

5 of the next 6 games are against teams below us in the table. Two of them (Brentford, WIgan) put out younger teams than we do most weeks. Plenty to play for. See where we are after New Year's day.

Fair play Jasp, I do admire your optimism. But in fairness when we look at the experience in Derby and WBA's ranks we know we really should be coming up a bit short against them. Roll on Brentford.

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 1888 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 1 by Croftyjack

Let's stop making Potter out to be the Messiah though and he deserves better cos I'm disillusioned with him tbh

Manager after manger continues to get it in the neck. The only consistency amongst all this is Jenkins.
This is where the fault lies and we must really try and avoid the Groundhog Day of giving every manager grief as Christmas approaches. It is what has gone on before, or lack of it, that is the issue and that is down to one man.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 with 1842 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:21 - Dec 1 by jasper_T

I also admire your optimism. I hope we can get back to winning ways and pick up some vital points.
We had plenty of these 'don't panic' posts last year and that ended in tears.
Imho we need some experience to bolster the squad and we don't have to spend a fortune to bring it in.

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 with 1839 viewsKilkennyjack

But this year was our best chance to go back up ... google says ..

Relegated teams are reported to receive a £40million parachute payment.

This equates to 55 per cent of the broadcast revenues in the first year after relegation.

It then goes down to 40 per cent (£35m) in year two and to 20 per cent (£15m) in year three.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:41 - Dec 1 with 1801 viewsmonmouth

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 by Private_Partz

I also admire your optimism. I hope we can get back to winning ways and pick up some vital points.
We had plenty of these 'don't panic' posts last year and that ended in tears.
Imho we need some experience to bolster the squad and we don't have to spend a fortune to bring it in.

You don't think the Yankos are pulling all the strings now?

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:42 - Dec 1 with 1796 viewsjasper_T

The Official Derby County Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

But this year was our best chance to go back up ... google says ..

Relegated teams are reported to receive a £40million parachute payment.

This equates to 55 per cent of the broadcast revenues in the first year after relegation.

It then goes down to 40 per cent (£35m) in year two and to 20 per cent (£15m) in year three.

The players we're spending that extra money on aren't involved in matches. We'll probably be a stronger side next season when the new crop of youngsters (and manager) are more experienced at this level.

The teams that have bounced straight back up have generally made a massive loss despite their financial advantage. Success is less to do with income and more willingness to spend what they haven't got. Lot of clubs this season sure to be spending as much or more than we are on their matchday squads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024