Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea 15:37 - Apr 7 with 23914 viewsDyfnant

Title says it all.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:03 - Apr 8 with 1761 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 21:59 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

I am deluded that many excellent strikers have not managed to get 10 in a season?

I just told you about Drogba. Are you saying he should have been a Championship player? The fact he had other attributes allowed him to have an 8 year PL career scoring 50+ goals however.

Funny that.

What she Drogba got to do with the price of eggs? We are talking about Abraham. I say he will not score 10 PL goals next season. You agree with me.
You want to make a bet that would take years , based on the fact you don't think he will get 10 a season. If I wanted to wait years for my money I would put it into long term shares. Not on Tammy Abraham.
Either do the 10 goal bet or shut the fck up and end this thread. I and everyone else are bored.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:05 - Apr 8 with 1750 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:02 - Apr 8 by Darran

He might well be deluded Builthy but he’s nowhere near as deluded as the people that keep replying to him.

You are right. I must be mad

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:11 - Apr 8 with 1726 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:03 - Apr 8 by builthjack

What she Drogba got to do with the price of eggs? We are talking about Abraham. I say he will not score 10 PL goals next season. You agree with me.
You want to make a bet that would take years , based on the fact you don't think he will get 10 a season. If I wanted to wait years for my money I would put it into long term shares. Not on Tammy Abraham.
Either do the 10 goal bet or shut the fck up and end this thread. I and everyone else are bored.

I have never said Abraham will get 10 goals next season, point to where I have. The debate is about whether he is a PL striker is it not?

So assuming you agree Didier Drogba was a PL standard striker, then by definition that renders your own view and thus the bet utterly pointless as Drogba only scored more than 10 half of the time.

You are backtracking at a rate of breakneck speed and squirming trying to make offers that absolutely don't anywhere near present what it is you are trying to claim.

You have whimped out which is why I picked you up on it, I told you that you would and it has exposed the motive behind your comment being something other than a representation of what you truly believe.

Take the bet or slink away.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:12 - Apr 8 with 1723 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:05 - Apr 8 by builthjack

You are right. I must be mad

I am starting to think that is the case too.

You apparently don't believe Didier Drogba was a PL standard striker. That is pretty insane.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:17 - Apr 8 with 1711 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea (n/t) on 22:02 - Apr 8 by skettyparkherbert

Are you trying to compare Tammy with Drogba, seriously?

No, where did I compare Drogba with Tammy?

I used Drogba (there are many) as an example of a world class striker that often didn't score more than 10 PL goals meaning that to use that as a barometer would be ludicrous.

I did however point out that he had 50+ PL career goals which every striker that has has a long and successful career at this level has, and not many (if any) have that record that are not deserving of the level.

It's simple to follow.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 22:36 - Apr 8 with 1678 viewsFireboy2

Is this topic STILL going on

Wtf are people replying to chris anyway
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 22:58 - Apr 8 with 1660 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 22:36 - Apr 8 by Fireboy2

Is this topic STILL going on

Wtf are people replying to chris anyway

Looks like it.

It's what happens when people make stupid statements, they spend the next many pages squirming their way out of it.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 23:45 - Apr 8 with 1631 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 21:54 - Apr 8 by LeonWasGod

Christ, has this been going on all day . It's been a lovely day out there. Took a stroll down the Wetland Centre with the family, had a nice picnic in the sun. Almost felt like summer was on the way. A much better way to spend the day rather than argueing the toss over something that isn't really up for argument.

"World of sheds" would make better reading

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:35 - Apr 9 with 1603 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 23:45 - Apr 8 by Brynmill_Jack

And similarly accurate reading. We are after accuracy in a debate, not entertainment.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:24 - Apr 9 with 1545 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 21:25 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Don't they count then? Or does it feel safer to say league goals in which one player has scored one more than him in twice the number of starts?
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 21:27]

When the debate is about our journey to survival, then no they don’t count.

You keep going back to the fact that Tammy hasn’t started that many games. Funny that as he’s been available more or less all season. Perhaps Clement and Carvahal see something you don’t.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:37 - Apr 9 with 1515 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:24 - Apr 9 by jack247

When the debate is about our journey to survival, then no they don’t count.

You keep going back to the fact that Tammy hasn’t started that many games. Funny that as he’s been available more or less all season. Perhaps Clement and Carvahal see something you don’t.

The debate isnt anything to do with our journey to survival, it just so happens that the season is about our journey to survival - but the debate is about Tammy Abrahams ability and his contribution this season.

Having said that, if you do not think our cup run had any positive impact on our league form and in particular the longest unbeaten run we have had for 15 years then that is wholly ignorant of what has gone on this season. Our progession in the cup allowed us the vital wins, continuity and confidence to be able to go on that league run and get us out of the mess we were in.

There is no need to go back to it, it is a point entirely in the present and entirely relevant. He has started half the games and scored just 1 less. Your last point doesnt make much sense. You seem to be suggesting that because Jordan Ayew, our best player, is better currently than Abraham - it therefore means Abraham is no good? So Clement and Carvalhal probably see just that, as any other sensible person does.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:13 - Apr 9 with 1451 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:37 - Apr 9 by E20Jack

The debate isnt anything to do with our journey to survival, it just so happens that the season is about our journey to survival - but the debate is about Tammy Abrahams ability and his contribution this season.

Having said that, if you do not think our cup run had any positive impact on our league form and in particular the longest unbeaten run we have had for 15 years then that is wholly ignorant of what has gone on this season. Our progession in the cup allowed us the vital wins, continuity and confidence to be able to go on that league run and get us out of the mess we were in.

There is no need to go back to it, it is a point entirely in the present and entirely relevant. He has started half the games and scored just 1 less. Your last point doesnt make much sense. You seem to be suggesting that because Jordan Ayew, our best player, is better currently than Abraham - it therefore means Abraham is no good? So Clement and Carvalhal probably see just that, as any other sensible person does.

3 long paragraphs of waffle.

The debate was absolutely about his contribution to our journey to survival.

Scoring against MK Dons in August and Notts County in a game (in which he was excellent) that we scored 6 other goals in didn’t have much of an impact on our up turn in form under Carvalhal. Agree to disagree on that if you want.

Prior to signing Andre, Carvahal was playing 352 with Jordan and Dyer up top. Tammy was on the bench. Neither of them are really strikers, albeit Jordan is our top league scorer.

I’ve never said he is no good, though he is nowhere near as good as you seem to think. He may get there, but he’s miles off it at the moment.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:19 - Apr 9 with 1444 viewsWarwickHunt

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 23:45 - Apr 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Especially the Readers' Wives section.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:25 - Apr 9 with 1435 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:13 - Apr 9 by jack247

3 long paragraphs of waffle.

The debate was absolutely about his contribution to our journey to survival.

Scoring against MK Dons in August and Notts County in a game (in which he was excellent) that we scored 6 other goals in didn’t have much of an impact on our up turn in form under Carvalhal. Agree to disagree on that if you want.

Prior to signing Andre, Carvahal was playing 352 with Jordan and Dyer up top. Tammy was on the bench. Neither of them are really strikers, albeit Jordan is our top league scorer.

I’ve never said he is no good, though he is nowhere near as good as you seem to think. He may get there, but he’s miles off it at the moment.

3 paragraphs of specific response to what you said. Just because it takes apart what you said, it doesnt make it waffle.

The debate was not about that, but as I said whether it was or was not is irrelevant. My second paragraph of waffle explains exactly why it is irrelevant.

Dyer was never played as a striker, he was deployed as a forward, a role he is much more suited to than Abraham. Dyer played in a rile similar to how Liverpool are playing Salah, it is not a striker.

I have never given a barometer to how good I think he is, I simply argued against the nonsensical uttering that he is not Premier League standard, more Colchester than Chelsea, Sunday league at best and £5m transfer to Bristol City.

Like you do on many occasion, it looks like you have not read the course of this thread.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:40 - Apr 9 with 1418 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:25 - Apr 9 by E20Jack

3 paragraphs of specific response to what you said. Just because it takes apart what you said, it doesnt make it waffle.

The debate was not about that, but as I said whether it was or was not is irrelevant. My second paragraph of waffle explains exactly why it is irrelevant.

Dyer was never played as a striker, he was deployed as a forward, a role he is much more suited to than Abraham. Dyer played in a rile similar to how Liverpool are playing Salah, it is not a striker.

I have never given a barometer to how good I think he is, I simply argued against the nonsensical uttering that he is not Premier League standard, more Colchester than Chelsea, Sunday league at best and £5m transfer to Bristol City.

Like you do on many occasion, it looks like you have not read the course of this thread.

Dyer and Jordan, neither of whom are strikers were both preferred to Tammy up front. I may be wrong, but I’d imagine it will be the Ayew brothers (Andre isn’t a striker either) on Saturday.

You’ve said he’s well worth £20m. That’s a barometer. If he fulfills his potential then he absolutely will be. If he carries on as he has this season, then he won’t. Purely judging him on this season he certainly isn’t.

You’re great at arguing on the internet. I’m starting to doubt your understanding of what happens on the pitch though.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:45 - Apr 9 with 1413 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:40 - Apr 9 by jack247

Dyer and Jordan, neither of whom are strikers were both preferred to Tammy up front. I may be wrong, but I’d imagine it will be the Ayew brothers (Andre isn’t a striker either) on Saturday.

You’ve said he’s well worth £20m. That’s a barometer. If he fulfills his potential then he absolutely will be. If he carries on as he has this season, then he won’t. Purely judging him on this season he certainly isn’t.

You’re great at arguing on the internet. I’m starting to doubt your understanding of what happens on the pitch though.

Are you saying you think Nathan Dyer is a better striker than Tammy Abraham then? To me it seems like you are now entering the realms of utter ridiculousness? I am sure you will distance yourself from the answer to that question pretty quickly though, of course rendering the nature of it pretty useless.

Yes I have said he is worth £20m as an investment, you cannot judge worth of investment on the current output. Thats ludicrous. Although purely judging him on this season he is the clubs top scorer, and scored 1 less than our league top scorer in 15 less starts. You can say he has notbeen good til the cows come home, wont make it true though.

Again you can doubt anything you like. I am always happy to back my understanding of thr game with my own money, yet to lose a bet on here. Some see it later than others, I guess you are currently in that camp.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:59]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:46 - Apr 9 with 1411 views34dfgdf54

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:40 - Apr 9 by jack247

This..

Although I disagree about Andre, I think he's a striker and nothing else to be honest.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:50 - Apr 9 with 1408 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:46 - Apr 9 by 34dfgdf54

This..

Although I disagree about Andre, I think he's a striker and nothing else to be honest.

Another one. You saying Dyer is a better striker than Tammy Abraham?

This has turned wonderfully odd I must say.

As for Ayew, nah not really a striker, more a forward that happens to be in excellent form through the middle right now. Even when up front he has the tendancy to run wide right, but its working.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:16 - Apr 9 with 1393 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:45 - Apr 9 by E20Jack

Are you saying you think Nathan Dyer is a better striker than Tammy Abraham then? To me it seems like you are now entering the realms of utter ridiculousness? I am sure you will distance yourself from the answer to that question pretty quickly though, of course rendering the nature of it pretty useless.

Yes I have said he is worth £20m as an investment, you cannot judge worth of investment on the current output. Thats ludicrous. Although purely judging him on this season he is the clubs top scorer, and scored 1 less than our league top scorer in 15 less starts. You can say he has notbeen good til the cows come home, wont make it true though.

Again you can doubt anything you like. I am always happy to back my understanding of thr game with my own money, yet to lose a bet on here. Some see it later than others, I guess you are currently in that camp.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 11:59]

Am I saying I think Nathan Dyer is a better striker than Tammy? No. I’ve already said he’s not a striker. I don’t need to distance myself from something I haven’t said or even implied. I’ve said Carlos preferred him (and Jordan) in a 352 to Tammy. In fact, if memory serves me right, he did it for the wins against Liverpool and Arsenal which (in my view, feel free to disagree again) were substantially more significant than the wins against MK Dons and Notts County.

He may well be worth £20m or more in a couple of years, he certainly isn’t worth that as an investment, especially when that would likely be most of our summer budget. You’d be gambling on him improving significantly. Fine if you’ve got the money, we don’t.

I’m not sure why you’re so fascinated by how loan players do after they leave us.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:22 - Apr 9 with 1386 viewsDarran

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:16 - Apr 9 by jack247

Am I saying I think Nathan Dyer is a better striker than Tammy? No. I’ve already said he’s not a striker. I don’t need to distance myself from something I haven’t said or even implied. I’ve said Carlos preferred him (and Jordan) in a 352 to Tammy. In fact, if memory serves me right, he did it for the wins against Liverpool and Arsenal which (in my view, feel free to disagree again) were substantially more significant than the wins against MK Dons and Notts County.

He may well be worth £20m or more in a couple of years, he certainly isn’t worth that as an investment, especially when that would likely be most of our summer budget. You’d be gambling on him improving significantly. Fine if you’ve got the money, we don’t.

I’m not sure why you’re so fascinated by how loan players do after they leave us.

Tim why are you bothering?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:24 - Apr 9 with 1383 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:16 - Apr 9 by jack247

What was your point with that though? You are losing grasp of the point you are making. It just looks like you are using any sort of angle to bash Tammy, even if it is making a suggestion which you have now admitted to not actually believing. So can you clarify exactly what you are saying by making the bizarre point that Dyer was played in a wide forward position over Tammy who is an out and out striker? Because I cannot fathom the point.

He is worth it now, wuite simply. When he reaches his potential then you can probably double it. He is a 20 year old England international who is fairly regularly a starter in his first full season (15 games out of 31) for a Premier League team and has become top scorer for that side who are on target for reaching their pre season goal scoring 20% of their league goals.

Nobody has suggested signing him now or in the summer, or I certainly have not. You again are missing the source of every single discussion point. The purchasing debate was had pre season, where we had the best part of £60m transfer fees.

I am not fascinated with how loan players are when they leave us at all. I am responding to some pretty stupid points regarding the boys ability.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:29 - Apr 9 with 1372 viewshobo

Abraham is 20 years old you fools! At the same age Harry Kate was scoring 2 goalso in 13 appearances for Leicester in the Championship. Andre Ayew was scoring 3 goals in 22 apps for L'orient. Abraham was brought in to provide goals from the bench and I think he's done a pretty good job of that. He'll be a quality PL striker for years to come, no doubt
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:40 - Apr 9 with 1355 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:24 - Apr 9 by E20Jack

What was your point with that though? You are losing grasp of the point you are making. It just looks like you are using any sort of angle to bash Tammy, even if it is making a suggestion which you have now admitted to not actually believing. So can you clarify exactly what you are saying by making the bizarre point that Dyer was played in a wide forward position over Tammy who is an out and out striker? Because I cannot fathom the point.

He is worth it now, wuite simply. When he reaches his potential then you can probably double it. He is a 20 year old England international who is fairly regularly a starter in his first full season (15 games out of 31) for a Premier League team and has become top scorer for that side who are on target for reaching their pre season goal scoring 20% of their league goals.

Nobody has suggested signing him now or in the summer, or I certainly have not. You again are missing the source of every single discussion point. The purchasing debate was had pre season, where we had the best part of £60m transfer fees.

I am not fascinated with how loan players are when they leave us at all. I am responding to some pretty stupid points regarding the boys ability.

Of course you can grasp the point I’m making. It would be hard to simplify it any further. Carlos Carvahal regularly preferred players who weren’t strikers and certainly weren’t prolific up front to Tammy. That’s not an opinion, it’s what happened.

I’m speculating here, but I’d imagine the reasons are his inability to hold the ball up and how often he loses possession. Dyer certainly hasn’t been brought in for his goal threat.

It’s not ‘when’ he reaches his potential, it’s ‘if’. Arguably he is worth it to a club who can afford a £20m gamble. I’m not disagreeing with that, I just don’t think it’s relevant to us. Borja would be worth more than £20m if he reached his potential too.

Surely you don’t think we had the vast majority of the Gylfi, Llorente and Cork money to speed in the summer?
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:46 - Apr 9 with 1348 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:40 - Apr 9 by jack247

Of course you can grasp the point I’m making. It would be hard to simplify it any further. Carlos Carvahal regularly preferred players who weren’t strikers and certainly weren’t prolific up front to Tammy. That’s not an opinion, it’s what happened.

I’m speculating here, but I’d imagine the reasons are his inability to hold the ball up and how often he loses possession. Dyer certainly hasn’t been brought in for his goal threat.

It’s not ‘when’ he reaches his potential, it’s ‘if’. Arguably he is worth it to a club who can afford a £20m gamble. I’m not disagreeing with that, I just don’t think it’s relevant to us. Borja would be worth more than £20m if he reached his potential too.

Surely you don’t think we had the vast majority of the Gylfi, Llorente and Cork money to speed in the summer?

That is not a point though is it? Firstly it is not an accurate one, Dyer was played as a forward. And secondly it is one that you have admitted yourself means nothing as everybody on this planet can see that Abraham is a better striker than Dyer. So your point seemingly boils down to you claiming that Carvalhal is wrong if he thinks Abraham is a worse striker than Dyer yes? So how is that relevant to this debate in any sense?

No, it is when. If he gets an injury then yes we can say "if", but assuming nothing extraordinary or external happens, its when - that much is obvious. You can disagree of course, the bet offer is open to all to back their convictions, you included. I dont think Borja had any real potential did he? What have you seen in Borja to assume he has potential to be anything other than what he has shown?

Football fees are amortised across the board, it doesnt matter of we physically had it in the summer. It is proportionate.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:19 - Apr 9 with 1314 views34dfgdf54

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:50 - Apr 9 by E20Jack

Another one. You saying Dyer is a better striker than Tammy Abraham?

This has turned wonderfully odd I must say.

As for Ayew, nah not really a striker, more a forward that happens to be in excellent form through the middle right now. Even when up front he has the tendancy to run wide right, but its working.

I'm on about Andre, not Jordan. I wouldn't say Andre has been in excellent form.

Tammy can't play the lone role up front, it's not his game, not his fault it's more down to poor scouting than anything else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024