Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew signing imminent ? 18:03 - Jan 28 with 63026 viewsicecoldjack

Amazing how Carlos seems to have a similar taste in players to our DOF . Could just be rumour of course but there are rumblings that the Ayew deal is close to completion .

If he signed where does Carlos play him ? I'd also like to know how he fits Bony,Ayew,Tammy and Sanches into the team or who gets left out .

IMO if we signed Ayew it wouldn't be so bad as long as it's a loan deal.
Thoughts ?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 07:57 - Jan 30 with 5327 views34dfgdf54

Ayew signing imminent ? on 07:55 - Jan 30 by WarwickHunt

Which one? Plenty to choose from...

Wholesale changes needed desperately. There is no need for Jenkins to be here a minute after midnight on the 31st.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 10:14 - Jan 30 with 5184 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ayew signing imminent ? on 07:57 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

Wholesale changes needed desperately. There is no need for Jenkins to be here a minute after midnight on the 31st.

Spot on. If all he has done in this window is weaken the squad to save the Yanks a few pennies then he should go.
If he had anything about him he would have resigned when it became obvious that the task is recruiting this window was way beyond him.
What really gets my goat is how he sits behind radio silence leaving Carlos to answer all the press queries about transfers.
Did the same with Clem as he was hanging him out to dry with his bloody dithering.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ayew signing imminent ? on 10:26 - Jan 30 with 5121 viewsMoscowJack

Ayew signing imminent ? on 07:57 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

Reminds me a bit of the quote somewhere yesterday:

Rafa Benitez: "I don't want any of my players sold to relgation rivals"

Reporter: "I would have thought you would have wanted them all sold to your relegation rivals!" ;)
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 10:39]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 5066 viewstheloneranger

Ayew signing imminent ? on 05:55 - Jan 30 by PawelAbbott

£20M for Ayew is the sort of calamitous misjudgement that this club has become!!
Was this ever the 'Swansea way'?
Did we get to the premier league by spending £20M on a player with nothing to prove and just wants the pay day?

Sorry PA....arrowed down by mistake

Arrow Up

Ayew will only come here last minute, when he finds out nobody else wants him....very much like Bony in the Summer
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 10:40]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ayew signing imminent ? on 12:55 - Jan 30 with 4842 viewsJoe_bradshaw

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5329619/Andre-Ayew-brink-retur

Ayew on the brink of returning according to the Daily Mail.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:33 - Jan 30 with 4629 viewsJack59

Ayew signing imminent ? on 10:14 - Jan 30 by Private_Partz

Spot on. If all he has done in this window is weaken the squad to save the Yanks a few pennies then he should go.
If he had anything about him he would have resigned when it became obvious that the task is recruiting this window was way beyond him.
What really gets my goat is how he sits behind radio silence leaving Carlos to answer all the press queries about transfers.
Did the same with Clem as he was hanging him out to dry with his bloody dithering.

He used to mouth off to the press every other day a few years back, when we were doing well.
But ever since first meeting the Americans you can't get a peep out of him.
It's probably the sell out mentality that he can't shake off, plus it's obvious K & L believe in the absolute minimum of communication with punters. every statement from him probably has to go through them first.
I suppose the way they see it, the more invisible they are, the more criticism they avoid.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:39 - Jan 30 with 4599 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

We'd be stronger with him in the squad, and he'd no doubt contribute a few much needed goals, so despite all the guff flying around, It'd be a welcome signing.

I hope we keep Ki though - with Mesa and Fulton going out, we need to keep him. David Silva he 'ain't, but we'd have a weaker squad without him.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 12:57 - Jan 31 with 4396 viewsLandore_Jack

Andre Ayew close to leaving West Ham for Swansea

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11230298/andre-ayew-close-to-leavin

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:47 - Jan 31 with 4234 viewsLandore_Jack

Ayew on his way to Swansea to complete £18m move

Sami Mokbel: Andre Ayew is travelling to Swansea ahead of an £18million move from West Ham. Will undergo a medical; personal terms understood to be a formality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5330799/Transfer-Deadline-Day-

#backtojack

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:49 - Jan 31 with 4192 viewsPozuelosSideys

Where we gonna play him?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:51 - Jan 31 with 4159 viewsSwanjaxs

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:49 - Jan 31 by PozuelosSideys

Where we gonna play him?

Right back

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:51 - Jan 31 with 4156 viewsWhiterockin

Where we gonna play him?

Only place I can see is in Dyers role from last night.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:52 - Jan 31 with 4145 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Where we gonna play him?

In place of Dyer, I'd assume.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:54 - Jan 31 with 4104 viewsmagicdaps10

So it would be Ayew playing off Ayew in a 5-3-2 formation.

He can play out wide and up top so gives us options. Not overly keen on it but he will certainly bring some grit to the front line and knows where the net is............overall it is not a bad signing.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:00 - Jan 31 with 4037 viewsjasper_T

Fabs
vdH - Fede - Mawson
Roberts - Fer - Ki - Olsson
Ayew - Ayew - Ginger Ninja Sham Clueless

Not a bad attacking outfit for the back end of the season, if CC keeps spirits up.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:06 - Jan 31 with 3977 viewswindy_city_jack

Try to see the positive from this, Ayew did a job for us first time around, and now he's playing with his brother, maybe it'll bring out the best in both of them.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:11 - Jan 31 with 3912 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well if we play him on the right, Naughton is gonna have his work cut out for sure

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:18 - Jan 31 with 3857 viewswestside

Its another Bony style transfer where money is still owed from the original transfer so Yanks don't have to fork out much dosh to get a new player in.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:23 - Jan 31 with 3784 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:18 - Jan 31 by westside

Its another Bony style transfer where money is still owed from the original transfer so Yanks don't have to fork out much dosh to get a new player in.

Good point that tbf

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:30 - Jan 31 with 3723 viewskarnataka

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:06 - Jan 31 by windy_city_jack

Try to see the positive from this, Ayew did a job for us first time around, and now he's playing with his brother, maybe it'll bring out the best in both of them.

Sibling rivalry? They might want to outscore each other which may mean we'd get more goals but would that make them less likely to set each other up in a good situation and shoot instead like Tammy did with Narsingh against WBA? Jordan could have set Clucas up twice in the first half last night but tried to shoot and Sam could have had a first half hattrick then Fer did the same to Jordan after his charge through the middle of Arsenal's defence with players bouncing off him only to end it with a pass back to Cech. If it means both Ayew brothers attempting more shots at goal though, only good can come of that overall as we have been shot shy this season.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:46 - Jan 31 with 3609 viewsTheResurrection

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:18 - Jan 31 by westside

That doesn't make any sense at all. You could argue it's a help with cashflow but it's still money the Club were guaranteed getting. So in other words, losing.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:49 - Jan 31 with 3573 viewslondonlisa2001

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:46 - Jan 31 by TheResurrection

That doesn't make any sense at all. You could argue it's a help with cashflow but it's still money the Club were guaranteed getting. So in other words, losing.

It's also nonsense.

We sold the Ayew proceeds to Santander last January if people recall, to fund the purchase of Carroll, Ayew, Narsingh etc.
Ayew signing imminent ? on 18:56 - Jan 31 with 3360 viewsNirvana

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:49 - Jan 31 by londonlisa2001

It's also nonsense.

We sold the Ayew proceeds to Santander last January if people recall, to fund the purchase of Carroll, Ayew, Narsingh etc.

Is this from your secret source too, Lisa?

The one that got it very wrong about the Sanches loan fee?

How can you confirm we received all the Ayew money?
Ayew signing imminent ? on 19:03 - Jan 31 with 3302 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ayew signing imminent ? on 16:49 - Jan 31 by londonlisa2001

It's also nonsense.

Ahh so this is new money?

Does this mean the Yanks are putting their hands in their pockets to provide the club a loan too?

Ayew signing imminent ? on 19:08 - Jan 31 with 3239 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Ayew signing imminent ? on 15:52 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

In place of Dyer, I'd assume.

That's possible, but I hope not.

As I recall, the only thing that bothered me about AA on a wing is that he always wanted to drift inside too much.

I'm thinking he'd make a better 10, so maybe we finally have our true replacement for Siggy (he was a decent free kick-taker, too, the rare times when Siggy wasn't available that season).
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 19:09]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024