Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Bridge 22:41 - Jun 3 with 50572 viewsLblock

Looks like it's happening again

My old office 10 yards from this on Tooley Street

Terrorist scum

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

London Bridge on 15:27 - Jun 4 with 2877 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 14:43 - Jun 4 by johncharles

In the interests of impartiality lets call other party leaders silly names.

Mrs. May should take responsibility for the situation.
I did not say blame.
As Home secretary she cut the police force by 20,000.
As Home secretary she failed control immigration. Extremists have had almost free movement between Syria and Britain.
As Prime Minister she pegged back the security risk a week after the Manchester Bombing.
As Prime Minister it happened on her watch. The buck has to stop somewhere.

John, I doubt that police would have made any difference, as I said before both Germany and France have much higher police numbers per head of population, and armed, France has still suffered more than us both in number of attrocities and casualties. Open borders may be to blame to an extent, however goevernments have continually been hampered by the EU open border policy in terms of freedom of movement, and lets not forget Labour Party apologise about how they got immigration policy wrong during the Blair years, which like it or not probably has more to do with the current issues than the flood of Eastern Europeans is country seemed to be more het up about. I do agree that those who were able to get to Syria should have at best had their passports withdrawn, but they would have found someone somewhere to provide fake passports, better to let them back and intern them. At least then we know where they are. But the last two events before last night were from home grown terrorists, as was 7/7, individuals born into western society, probably up to an age, enjoying western society until they are turned. And whatever the threat level the government and Cobra decide upon isn't going to stop loan wolf(ves) attacks from happening as they as low level in terms of planning and sophistication, but still effective.

May was right today with regards to saying that a stronger control of cyberspace and those companies that monopolise it need to be done, the funding of MI5 needs to be massively increased as does GCHQ, this is where the war will be won, not by additional numbers of plod on the streets, unarmed, wheeling their bikes, all it will do is give these low life scumbags extra easy targets. And the last thing this country needs right now is a PM who does not believe in shoot to kill. Because if that was in place then there would have a few more deaths at Westminster and probably dozens more deaths last night before the police could get near them.

The only place where the buck stops regarding night is with the three cowards who perpetrated it along with those who influenced them and those who knew what they were planning.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 15:30]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

London Bridge on 15:30 - Jun 4 with 2868 viewsdavman

London Bridge on 14:43 - Jun 4 by johncharles

In the interests of impartiality lets call other party leaders silly names.

Mrs. May should take responsibility for the situation.
I did not say blame.
As Home secretary she cut the police force by 20,000.
As Home secretary she failed control immigration. Extremists have had almost free movement between Syria and Britain.
As Prime Minister she pegged back the security risk a week after the Manchester Bombing.
As Prime Minister it happened on her watch. The buck has to stop somewhere.

Ok, In the interests of impartiality what else could Old Maid Treseme have said?

My post was not intended to take sides, I am fairly apolitical on most things as none of them can possibly represent my view on every topic and they're all relatively full of the brown smelly stuff if we're being honest.

It was about you claiming it was a Party Political Broadcast. What could she have said that you wouldn't have insisted was an election pitch?

By all means throw those figures at her (although one could argue that she has continued previous trends on all of them through Coalition and Labour governments), but accusing her of taking advantage of this horrendous incident to make a PPB was a bit ott imo.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

London Bridge on 15:34 - Jun 4 with 2848 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 15:30 - Jun 4 by davman

Ok, In the interests of impartiality what else could Old Maid Treseme have said?

My post was not intended to take sides, I am fairly apolitical on most things as none of them can possibly represent my view on every topic and they're all relatively full of the brown smelly stuff if we're being honest.

It was about you claiming it was a Party Political Broadcast. What could she have said that you wouldn't have insisted was an election pitch?

By all means throw those figures at her (although one could argue that she has continued previous trends on all of them through Coalition and Labour governments), but accusing her of taking advantage of this horrendous incident to make a PPB was a bit ott imo.

If anybody is trying to make political capital out of May's speech then look no further than the remarks of one Emily Thornberry. Nasty, nasty woman.

London Bridge on 15:43 - Jun 4 with 2817 views2Thomas2Bowles

Total killed and injured from the 3 attacks so far

35 dead
157 injured

add to that the many families that are victims, losing a child a sister a brother a mother a father and so on

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

London Bridge on 15:48 - Jun 4 with 2800 viewsBoston

London Bridge on 10:06 - Jun 4 by smegma

That's not even remotely funny.

...and you would be correct, sir. A couple of minutes after my throw away line I became aware that this was indeed an extremely serious incident, but at the time of posting I was listening to Radio London when they announced that something was going on at London Bridge. As to what it was I was not fully cognisant for a few minutes, unfortunately brutally so after receiving texts from a medical chap who knew what was happening.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

London Bridge on 15:55 - Jun 4 with 2772 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sky have removed it from their website and twitter

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 16:16]

London Bridge on 16:02 - Jun 4 with 2738 viewshoopdog

We do have pay heed to police cuts all 3 parties would make cuts , this wouldn't have had an effect last night but now's this for stupidity they are trying to make cuts to the use of dogs , now a gun can't detect a parcel of explosives being carried into a stn football grnd pop concert but a spaniel or lab can , the police are fully aware of this and use dogs where they are not really necessary ie for a burglary or whatever to stop the cuts to dogs by them saying you only called for dogs ex amount of times so they are not needed , can anybody justify that logic
London Bridge on 16:18 - Jun 4 with 2656 viewsBrightonhoop

London Bridge on 16:02 - Jun 4 by hoopdog

We do have pay heed to police cuts all 3 parties would make cuts , this wouldn't have had an effect last night but now's this for stupidity they are trying to make cuts to the use of dogs , now a gun can't detect a parcel of explosives being carried into a stn football grnd pop concert but a spaniel or lab can , the police are fully aware of this and use dogs where they are not really necessary ie for a burglary or whatever to stop the cuts to dogs by them saying you only called for dogs ex amount of times so they are not needed , can anybody justify that logic

No.

May is directly responsible and she knows it, having pursued Austerity and cutting essential numbers same with the Fire Brigade and other vital services. She was Home Secretary implementing draconian financial measures after Government and the Bankrs wrecked the global economy.
She should be resigning frankly and not standing for Election.
Those suspected of being radical or fighting for whichever side, In Syria or Libya or elsewhere, and are in the UK should be Interned for the security of everyone else. Same here is Spain and right across Europe.
Login to get fewer ads

London Bridge on 16:23 - Jun 4 with 2625 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I've not read any of the preceding pages, but having seen some lines, I suspect the usual I'll-informed crap has been interwoven between more considered responses, which may be diametrically opposed to each other, but are nonetheless reasoned. So here's my I'll-informed/reasoned views.

CAUSES

- While not seeking to excuse it; Western imperialism dating back to the crusades is at the root of this. The way we have taken out their chosen leaders to install puppets to appease big business (see further Iran and the seven sisters), the UN doing nothing while 8,000 Muslim men were butchered to death in Srebrenica, Palestine, the 2003 wars and the vacuums created by the most recent disposing of leaders we put in power.
- You're unbelievably naive if you don't think these issues are resulting in huge profits for both sides and as such, this is probably as much a factor as supposed religious ideology.
- Our post 9/11 response has merely added to the problem. We have got it spectacularly wrong.
- We're not fighting an army clad in different uniforms on the opposite side of a battle ground, these blokes live and walk among us. You need to change the thinking.

SOLUTIONS

I wish I had one! I don't but it seems to me, we'd be better off

- Focusing on the Saudis.
- Following the money and if we were as tough on this as we are on benefits cheats, we'd be a long way down the road to sorting this.
- May talks utter hogwash! Police numbers and resources are down and between now and the election, our civil protection services are going to be stretched beyond belief.
- We do need to crackdown on extremists and that requires; engagement with the Muslim community and more resources into intelligence/surveillance and, dare I say it, getting these blokes into jobs and access to better mental health.
- It's easy after the event from the comfort of our homes to knit-pick what the police should have done in the heat of the moment, but we do need to try to keep them alive for questioning, if possible. Yet again, they seem to have reacted brilliantly but if the NHS and police are cut back anymore, how will they cope?
- The politicians and big business caused this, keep them out if we can. Sadly we can't of course, but hold the bastards to account! Which reminds me, has anything happened post-Chilcott?...of course not.

But as with Manchester, we've also seen the best of people. Ordinary civilians running into the battle to help others, not knowing the risks they were running into. That's fcuking brave for you!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

London Bridge on 16:35 - Jun 4 with 2570 viewsbeeeater

London Bridge on 16:23 - Jun 4 by PlanetHonneywood

I've not read any of the preceding pages, but having seen some lines, I suspect the usual I'll-informed crap has been interwoven between more considered responses, which may be diametrically opposed to each other, but are nonetheless reasoned. So here's my I'll-informed/reasoned views.

CAUSES

- While not seeking to excuse it; Western imperialism dating back to the crusades is at the root of this. The way we have taken out their chosen leaders to install puppets to appease big business (see further Iran and the seven sisters), the UN doing nothing while 8,000 Muslim men were butchered to death in Srebrenica, Palestine, the 2003 wars and the vacuums created by the most recent disposing of leaders we put in power.
- You're unbelievably naive if you don't think these issues are resulting in huge profits for both sides and as such, this is probably as much a factor as supposed religious ideology.
- Our post 9/11 response has merely added to the problem. We have got it spectacularly wrong.
- We're not fighting an army clad in different uniforms on the opposite side of a battle ground, these blokes live and walk among us. You need to change the thinking.

SOLUTIONS

- Following the money and if we were as tough on this as we are on benefits cheats, we'd be a long way down the road to sorting this.
- May talks utter hogwash! Police numbers and resources are down and between now and the election, our civil protection services are going to be stretched beyond belief.
- We do need to crackdown on extremists and that requires; engagement with the Muslim community and more resources into intelligence/surveillance and, dare I say it, getting these blokes into jobs and access to better mental health.
- It's easy after the event from the comfort of our homes to knit-pick what the police should have done in the heat of the moment, but we do need to try to keep them alive for questioning, if possible. Yet again, they seem to have reacted brilliantly but if the NHS and police are cut back anymore, how will they cope?
- The politicians and big business caused this, keep them out if we can. Sadly we can't of course, but hold the bastards to account! Which reminds me, has anything happened post-Chilcott?...of course not.

But as with Manchester, we've also seen the best of people. Ordinary civilians running into the battle to help others, not knowing the risks they were running into. That's fcuking brave for you!

Agree with you. And there's alot more we are not being told.
May is using this to her own gain and also knows alot more than she's letting on.
http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-kno
London Bridge on 16:46 - Jun 4 with 2529 views2Thomas2Bowles

London Bridge on 16:56 - Jun 4 with 2471 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 16:35 - Jun 4 by beeeater

May is using this to her own gain and also knows alot more than she's letting on.
http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-kno

The balanced views of the extreme left writer John Pilger, the man who called Barrack Obama an Uncle Tom. Of corse, being extreme left his writing will always be entirely accurate.

London Bridge on 17:09 - Jun 4 with 2435 viewsBrightonhoop

London Bridge on 16:35 - Jun 4 by beeeater

He knows his onions does Pilger.
London Bridge on 17:25 - Jun 4 with 2377 viewsHunterhoop

CAUSES

SOLUTIONS

Good post.

Certainly agree Saudi is crucial. And I can't help think there's a lot on that front the public are not aware of.

Like you say, so much is interwoven. Traditional thinking on "enemies" needs to be replaced. That said, a clear public policy that anyone travelling to Syria (or other high risk counties) is not to be granted access to return to the EU (or U.K.) does seem a straightforward one, if a little difficult for border control authorities to police. It forces a decision up front from someone part way through the process of radicalisation.
London Bridge on 17:45 - Jun 4 with 2305 viewsBrightonhoop

London Bridge on 16:56 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

The balanced views of the extreme left writer John Pilger, the man who called Barrack Obama an Uncle Tom. Of corse, being extreme left his writing will always be entirely accurate.

And you failed to highlight Pilgers inaccuracies whilst just gobbing off. As per.

Well done.
London Bridge on 18:10 - Jun 4 with 2233 viewsBostonR

This is going to take a generation to unravel and resolve and will not be easy. The level of violence and atrocities will get much worse throughput the Uk. If the politicians, religious and community leaders do not get going we are staring at the prospect of huge public disorder and vigilantism in some of our major cities. The Muslim community (especially the female members of that community) need to start giving up their own but they won't. We need to shutdown radical centres where this lunacy is preached, overall Islamic schools and round up the individuals we know that are a threat and have some form of temporary interment while they are dealt with. In the meantime the lone lunatics will get through.
London Bridge on 18:22 - Jun 4 with 2186 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just on BBC that one of them was reported to the police by a muslim guy and the police did little about him.

London Bridge on 18:24 - Jun 4 with 2181 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 17:45 - Jun 4 by Brightonhoop

And you failed to highlight Pilgers inaccuracies whilst just gobbing off. As per.

Well done.

You don't do so bad yourself Jim, or was it the cheap vino talking last night?

London Bridge on 18:27 - Jun 4 with 2160 viewsBrightonhoop

London Bridge on 18:24 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

You don't do so bad yourself Jim, or was it the cheap vino talking last night?

No as you noted my view has not changed. Guessed you were on blob this week the way you've been carrying on.
London Bridge on 18:28 - Jun 4 with 2151 viewsjohncharles

London Bridge on 16:56 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

DW you really need to look up the phrase Ad Hominem in your dictionary. All you ever do is insult people who express views you don't agree with. Neatly side stepping the issue we are trying to discuss.
Shoot the messenger.

Strong and stable my arse.

London Bridge on 18:30 - Jun 4 with 2146 viewsizlingtonhoop

Alright you lot. This is all very well. But where the hell is PaulParker and his inimitable take on solutions to these problems?
London Bridge on 18:30 - Jun 4 with 2140 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 18:27 - Jun 4 by Brightonhoop

No as you noted my view has not changed. Guessed you were on blob this week the way you've been carrying on.

You should be on stage Jim. In Tenerife actually old boy. Still nice to see an extreme left winger hold some extreme right wing views that would even embarrass Nigel Farage. Just proved my theory that politics is not a straight line of different views but a circle. Look after your liver old son, the Spanish usually don't give them out for nothing.

London Bridge on 18:35 - Jun 4 with 2119 viewsBrightonhoop

London Bridge on 18:30 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

You should be on stage Jim. In Tenerife actually old boy. Still nice to see an extreme left winger hold some extreme right wing views that would even embarrass Nigel Farage. Just proved my theory that politics is not a straight line of different views but a circle. Look after your liver old son, the Spanish usually don't give them out for nothing.

John Charles is right Dave, you really have turned out to be a bit of a w4nker.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 18:40]
London Bridge on 18:38 - Jun 4 with 2111 viewsjohncharles

London Bridge on 18:30 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

Do you ever address the problem instead of personal attacks ?
It's not surprising. The whole Tory campaign has been based on personal attacks on Jeremy Corbyn.

Strong and stable my arse.

London Bridge on 18:43 - Jun 4 with 2087 viewskitkev

CAUSES

SOLUTIONS

agree with what your saying about ordinary people going in 2 of our lads run out of the weatherspoons in the borough and attacked the geezer using a chair and bud bottles, one is in a stable condition with multiple stab wounds the other took a slice on his arm, the police have told their families that they slowed down the attacker and probably saved peoples lives.

But the concerning thing is if you get arrested at football for drunken disordely for instance you get banned from games passport taken from you for international games report to police station to sign on at 3 o'clock, but fight in syria and open arms welcome them back.

Why cant draconian measures be put in place for these people as they do for football fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024