Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tower Bridge incident 22:39 - Jun 3 with 18745 viewsbiggar

Reports of an incident on Tower Bridge. Similar to Westminster. Fingers crossed all are ok.
Tower Bridge incident on 23:53 - Jun 3 with 2363 viewsSgorioFruit

Tower Bridge incident on 23:50 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

"Condones" as if ! But you crack on taking comments out of context and twisting them to get a reaction. Tw*t.

Let it go guys
Both wasting your breath
Just watch the news unfold and watch the UK be in shock for yet another week.
So sad

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Tower Bridge incident on 23:55 - Jun 3 with 2348 viewslondonlisa2001

Tower Bridge incident on 23:45 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cheap points? No. I am furious that the Mayor of London, a city with a very recent history with terrorist attacks condones these sort of atrocities , claiming they're 'part and parcel' of life in a normal city. I think it is disgusting he can make comments like that. It is an invitation for these sort of actions.

I'm disgusted that you believe this crap without doing any research into its veracity.

And he doesn't condone these attacks.

And, no, I didn't vote for him.

You're a quite genuinely nasty piece of work.
Tower Bridge incident on 23:55 - Jun 3 with 2347 viewsWarwickHunt

Tower Bridge incident on 23:53 - Jun 3 by Fergal

First confirmed fatality.

Could this election be postponed?

No.
Tower Bridge incident on 23:56 - Jun 3 with 2334 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 23:53 - Jun 3 by SgorioFruit

Let it go guys
Both wasting your breath
Just watch the news unfold and watch the UK be in shock for yet another week.
So sad

This really isn't a shock. The intelligence services arrest on average somebody every day in relation with terrorism. The shock is how few planned attacks slip through their fingers. Unfortunately three in the last 10 weeks have been successful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tower Bridge incident on 23:58 - Jun 3 with 2307 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 23:55 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

I'm disgusted that you believe this crap without doing any research into its veracity.

And he doesn't condone these attacks.

And, no, I didn't vote for him.

You're a quite genuinely nasty piece of work.

Condones was a poor choice of word. I was very angry. He does not condone them. I do believe his comments were still awful and not something you want to hear the mayor of your city say.

Tower Bridge incident on 23:59 - Jun 3 with 2297 viewsE20Jack

Tower Bridge incident on 23:53 - Jun 3 by Fergal

First confirmed fatality.

Could this election be postponed?

"More than one fatality"

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tower Bridge incident on 00:00 - Jun 4 with 2292 viewslondonlisa2001

Tower Bridge incident on 23:58 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Condones was a poor choice of word. I was very angry. He does not condone them. I do believe his comments were still awful and not something you want to hear the mayor of your city say.

He didn't say what you are stating he did.

So it's not something that the Mayor of my city has said.

Other news outlets than breitbart are available.
Tower Bridge incident (n/t) on 00:48 - Jun 4 with 2137 viewsswanforthemoney

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 1:08]

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

Tower Bridge incident (n/t) on 00:55 - Jun 4 with 2118 viewsswanforthemoney

Tower Bridge incident (n/t) on 23:45 - Jun 3 by swanforthemoney

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 1:07]

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 1:07]

I stand in the North Stand

Tower Bridge incident on 00:57 - Jun 4 with 2108 viewsMrSwerve

Confirmed by police as terrorist incidents. Shock horror.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tower Bridge incident on 01:45 - Jun 4 with 2017 viewsDanWelsh86

This is a real sh1t show friendos, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better soon.

I'm happy I've moved back from a large English city, because I definitely feel more secure and happy here. The thing is, we shouldn't have to feel like this in our own country? I'm supposed to be going to London in August....that will probably be reviewed now.

We can't go on like this? Surely there is only so much the citizens of this country can take. We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy.
Tower Bridge incident on 01:46 - Jun 4 with 2014 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 23:56 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This really isn't a shock. The intelligence services arrest on average somebody every day in relation with terrorism. The shock is how few planned attacks slip through their fingers. Unfortunately three in the last 10 weeks have been successful.

I'll throw in a Davillin phrase here...Citation? Cos otherwise I'm calling bollix.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tower Bridge incident on 01:49 - Jun 4 with 2009 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 01:45 - Jun 4 by DanWelsh86

This is a real sh1t show friendos, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better soon.

I'm happy I've moved back from a large English city, because I definitely feel more secure and happy here. The thing is, we shouldn't have to feel like this in our own country? I'm supposed to be going to London in August....that will probably be reviewed now.

We can't go on like this? Surely there is only so much the citizens of this country can take. We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy.

"We can't go on like this? Surely there is only so much the citizens of this country can take. We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy."

So you wish to give them what they want! Division, thus creating a recruiting ground...I take it the 86 in your username is your IQ.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Tower Bridge incident on 01:54 - Jun 4 with 1999 viewsDanWelsh86

Tower Bridge incident on 01:49 - Jun 4 by DJack

"We can't go on like this? Surely there is only so much the citizens of this country can take. We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy."

So you wish to give them what they want! Division, thus creating a recruiting ground...I take it the 86 in your username is your IQ.

Usual leftie response to someone saying action is needed, make degrading and insulting comments in an attempt to belittle them.

IQ is subjective regardless, however the need for action isn't. We cannot go on like this.
Tower Bridge incident on 01:54 - Jun 4 with 1991 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 01:46 - Jun 4 by DJack

I'll throw in a Davillin phrase here...Citation? Cos otherwise I'm calling bollix.

From 2015
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11398825/Terror-suspe

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/14/police-arrest-terrorist-a-day_n_72843

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/621851/Police-arrest-one-terror-suspect-every-d

Statement from the met police last month:
"Activity continues around the clock to identify and stop these threats and we are making arrests on a near daily basis."
http://news.met.police.uk/news/statement-following-counter-terrorism-operations-
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 1:56]

Tower Bridge incident on 02:03 - Jun 4 with 1975 viewsskippyjack

I have already told them what to do.. are they going to listen?.. noooo...

Sodium bicarbonate
Ammonium carbonate

and long stretches up pen y fan or Snowdonia.. higher the altitude air.. get them away from the suburban radiation zone..

In West Wales.. there's a specific area that doesn't radiate any waves.. and blocks all transmission of radioactive signals.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Tower Bridge incident on 02:12 - Jun 4 with 1960 viewsGowerjack

Tower Bridge incident on 01:45 - Jun 4 by DanWelsh86

Out of interest where are what country are we going to deport these people to?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Tower Bridge incident on 02:13 - Jun 4 with 1959 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 01:54 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

From 2015
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11398825/Terror-suspe

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/14/police-arrest-terrorist-a-day_n_72843

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/621851/Police-arrest-one-terror-suspect-every-d

Statement from the met police last month:
"Activity continues around the clock to identify and stop these threats and we are making arrests on a near daily basis."
http://news.met.police.uk/news/statement-following-counter-terrorism-operations-
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 1:56]

Thanks Dwight, I'll admit I baited you deliberately... for you to prove me correct . The only one that matched your statement was the Express headline which had no direct/indirect quote saying the same.

The "closest" was the following.
"Mr Rowley described the number of arrests made by counter-terrorism units across the country in the last year as “quite dramatic”, adding: “You are getting towards now an arrest a day.”

- so not one a day! Whilst I will agree that 327 arrests in a year would, without scrutiny, be close to that figure, the reality is when there is a suspect terrorist many of that persons friends and family will be arrested and de-arrested as part of any investigation.

Putting aside the dragnet arrest numbers there was/is still not 1 a day arrests for terror - though I suspect that that could change in the future.

But once again you are wrong.

Tower Bridge incident on 02:19 - Jun 4 with 1948 viewsDanWelsh86

Tower Bridge incident on 02:12 - Jun 4 by Gowerjack

Out of interest where are what country are we going to deport these people to?

If they have immigrated in then they can just be deported back to country of origin. If they are "home grown", then other measures will have to be taken. Quite what they are I don't know....

Not without violating all kinds of human rights. Scary stuff.
Tower Bridge incident on 02:21 - Jun 4 with 1940 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tower Bridge incident on 02:13 - Jun 4 by DJack

Thanks Dwight, I'll admit I baited you deliberately... for you to prove me correct . The only one that matched your statement was the Express headline which had no direct/indirect quote saying the same.

The "closest" was the following.
"Mr Rowley described the number of arrests made by counter-terrorism units across the country in the last year as “quite dramatic”, adding: “You are getting towards now an arrest a day.”

- so not one a day! Whilst I will agree that 327 arrests in a year would, without scrutiny, be close to that figure, the reality is when there is a suspect terrorist many of that persons friends and family will be arrested and de-arrested as part of any investigation.

Putting aside the dragnet arrest numbers there was/is still not 1 a day arrests for terror - though I suspect that that could change in the future.

But once again you are wrong.

Hopefully in the near future we'll see that figure rise dramatically. I'd like to see the roughly 3,000 known jihads who the authorities believe post a threat be arrested and detained indefinitely if there is sufficient evidence they were planning an attack. Of course if they have dual nationality we should rescind their British passport and send them to their other country of citizenship.

Tower Bridge incident on 02:25 - Jun 4 with 1938 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 01:54 - Jun 4 by DanWelsh86

Usual leftie response to someone saying action is needed, make degrading and insulting comments in an attempt to belittle them.

IQ is subjective regardless, however the need for action isn't. We cannot go on like this.

Action for the sake of action is not an answer it is more likely to inflame!

You belittled the population of this country by stating "We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy." which suggests that we cannot come up with a workable solution. That said, my personal belief is the only action we can take is to weather the storm. These deluded individuals will be attempting to create unrest, division and mistrust for some time (decades possibly).

I questioned your intelligence you for your lack of reasoning and populist, snowflake right wing hysteria. You are right in saying that we need action but not the knee-jerk action that you propose.

Tower Bridge incident on 02:36 - Jun 4 with 1922 viewsDanWelsh86

Tower Bridge incident on 02:25 - Jun 4 by DJack

Action for the sake of action is not an answer it is more likely to inflame!

You belittled the population of this country by stating "We have to start rounding up and deporting on any suspicion of terrorist sympathy." which suggests that we cannot come up with a workable solution. That said, my personal belief is the only action we can take is to weather the storm. These deluded individuals will be attempting to create unrest, division and mistrust for some time (decades possibly).

I questioned your intelligence you for your lack of reasoning and populist, snowflake right wing hysteria. You are right in saying that we need action but not the knee-jerk action that you propose.

There's nothing knee-jerk about my reaction. I have for some time been incredibly disillusioned by the states inability to clamp down, control or make any outward effort in dealing with the threat.

There is no workable solution, people are radicalised and unless they can be deradicalised they pose a threat, both to the immediate public and other young Muslims that are susceptible to being radicalised themselves.

Unfortunately, we are paying the price for interfering with the Middle East's affairs, and for interfering with the sovereignty of other states that we had no right in doing. Without a complete reconstruction of places such as Libya, Afghanistan and Syria this will continue. By that, I mean economically, politically and socially we have to bring them into the modern world, where they can prosper.

The politics of Islam are incredible complicated, and the western form of Democracy does not fit in well to their complex societal structure, and we have assumed certain things, and got it horribly wrong.

We have to deal with this at home first, and I'm pleased you agree. Then the western world has to look elsewhere to bring this period to a close.
Tower Bridge incident on 02:39 - Jun 4 with 1919 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 02:21 - Jun 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully in the near future we'll see that figure rise dramatically. I'd like to see the roughly 3,000 known jihads who the authorities believe post a threat be arrested and detained indefinitely if there is sufficient evidence they were planning an attack. Of course if they have dual nationality we should rescind their British passport and send them to their other country of citizenship.

" I'd like to see the roughly 3,000 known jihads who the authorities believe post a threat be arrested and detained indefinitely if there is sufficient evidence they were planning an attack."
- I get what you are saying BUT indefinite detention is WRONG. Jail for when foud guilty is right - cos as you said if there is sufficient evidence. Without evidence and trials etc you risk (it won't be risk but a mater of fact) mistrust in our legal and governmental bodies and act as a recruiting tool.

"Of course if they have dual nationality we should rescind their British passport and send them to their other country of citizenship."
- the problem here is how do you forcibly repatriate someone to a country that doesn't want them either (Jordan was an example for a while until we eventually got an accord). Secondly some of the countries they came from would aid & arm them better so they could attack the west in a more lethal mode...how is that helping? That said, I am in favour of revoking their dual nationality but as I've already stated it could be a double edged sword.

The genie was let out of the bottle a long while ago and it will take a long while to get through this.

Tower Bridge incident on 02:47 - Jun 4 with 1899 viewsHumpty

Tower Bridge incident on 02:39 - Jun 4 by DJack

" I'd like to see the roughly 3,000 known jihads who the authorities believe post a threat be arrested and detained indefinitely if there is sufficient evidence they were planning an attack."
- I get what you are saying BUT indefinite detention is WRONG. Jail for when foud guilty is right - cos as you said if there is sufficient evidence. Without evidence and trials etc you risk (it won't be risk but a mater of fact) mistrust in our legal and governmental bodies and act as a recruiting tool.

"Of course if they have dual nationality we should rescind their British passport and send them to their other country of citizenship."
- the problem here is how do you forcibly repatriate someone to a country that doesn't want them either (Jordan was an example for a while until we eventually got an accord). Secondly some of the countries they came from would aid & arm them better so they could attack the west in a more lethal mode...how is that helping? That said, I am in favour of revoking their dual nationality but as I've already stated it could be a double edged sword.

The genie was let out of the bottle a long while ago and it will take a long while to get through this.

Internment in Northern Ireland worked brilliantly. It put 300 odd people in prison without a trial and massively increased violence and IRA recruitment.

Still. At least we DID something to make us feel better.
Tower Bridge incident on 02:52 - Jun 4 with 1896 viewsDJack

Tower Bridge incident on 02:36 - Jun 4 by DanWelsh86

There's nothing knee-jerk about my reaction. I have for some time been incredibly disillusioned by the states inability to clamp down, control or make any outward effort in dealing with the threat.

There is no workable solution, people are radicalised and unless they can be deradicalised they pose a threat, both to the immediate public and other young Muslims that are susceptible to being radicalised themselves.

Unfortunately, we are paying the price for interfering with the Middle East's affairs, and for interfering with the sovereignty of other states that we had no right in doing. Without a complete reconstruction of places such as Libya, Afghanistan and Syria this will continue. By that, I mean economically, politically and socially we have to bring them into the modern world, where they can prosper.

The politics of Islam are incredible complicated, and the western form of Democracy does not fit in well to their complex societal structure, and we have assumed certain things, and got it horribly wrong.

We have to deal with this at home first, and I'm pleased you agree. Then the western world has to look elsewhere to bring this period to a close.

A god post mate, thank you.

I will take issue to your "... young Muslims that are susceptible to being radicalised themselves." as it implies that they are generally open to radicalisation, when in fact they are not so. The recent events in Europe showed that the radicalised were(are) the disenfranchised and petty criminals and not the generic young muslims. Your third and fourth paragraph resonate strongly with me but your first..."States, clampdown, control" history suggests failure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024