Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcode match thread 09:32 - Feb 1 with 23881 viewsLblock

I think I only ever started one match thread before and we probably lost that one.....

Anyway.... the starting line up guesses are tough for this one in certain areas - has Ollie blown the dust off Candle Face's "Selection Tombola"???

I go:-
Smithers the Penalty Ninja
RB Perch
CB Ned
CB Lynch
LB Bidwell
RM Pawel
CM Strongman Luongo
DCM Doughty
CM The Paddy Wonderkid
LM Mackie
CF Posh Boy Smithers

With Goss on the bench with Cilla and Ravel and perm anyone else left at the club (do we have anyone left from the Yoot or Reserves????)

Think we'll probably get turned over by 3 or 4 and plenty of people will again point to just how important Saturday's loss to Burton now looks.

But then, there's always that little voice (these days with a country bumpkin accent), in the back of your head, saying "you never know bwoy, the Geordies may take us lightly, have an off day etc".

Good luck to all....buckle up you bitches and get ready for the magical mystery ride.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barcode match thread on 22:04 - Feb 1 with 2207 viewsLblock

S P I R I T

Enjoyed that and racking up the Guinness now
Smithers his usual brilliant self but loved Washington's performance tonight; full of running and some great touches.
Some nice niggly solid challenges going in and even when losing we looked good after a terrible opening 10 minutes

Credit to Ollie and the boys

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barcode match thread on 22:09 - Feb 1 with 2128 viewsstevec

Superb result. This is a very strange team we have.
Barcode match thread on 22:10 - Feb 1 with 2115 viewsdistortR

Barcode match thread on 22:03 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

To: Centre-backs Union

You are hereby requested to instruct your member Mr. D.S Tortr that our member Mr. B. McCarthy bailed his skinny ar$e out far too many times.

Yours etc.

PS. Tell him he's also allowed head the ball when we're defending corners.

PPS. Tell him he's not a bad lad, really.

From; Centre-backs Union

To; Goalkeepers Union

We would like to remind a certain Mr. B. McCarthy, henceforth referred to as the accused, that it would be perfectly acceptable for the accused to stop back-passes himself, and not to rely on the net stopping the ball for him.

Yours........
Barcode match thread on 22:12 - Feb 1 with 2081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barcode match thread on 22:10 - Feb 1 by distortR

From; Centre-backs Union

To; Goalkeepers Union

We would like to remind a certain Mr. B. McCarthy, henceforth referred to as the accused, that it would be perfectly acceptable for the accused to stop back-passes himself, and not to rely on the net stopping the ball for him.

Yours........

OOOH! He's makin' it up as 'ee goes along!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barcode match thread on 22:14 - Feb 1 with 2044 viewsdistortR

Barcode match thread on 22:12 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

OOOH! He's makin' it up as 'ee goes along!

Blessed are the goalkeepers
Barcode match thread on 22:15 - Feb 1 with 2029 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barcode match thread on 22:14 - Feb 1 by distortR

Blessed are the goalkeepers

Sex, sex, sex, that's all you talk about...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barcode match thread on 22:17 - Feb 1 with 1995 viewskingsburyR

Happy for every R that went up there tonight.

Nice to see spirit in consecutive away games.

Very happy this evening.

Honorable mentions tonight to Smithies, Llungo, Bidwell,....... well all of them really.

And Clark, cool finish under (no) pressure!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Barcode match thread on 22:20 - Feb 1 with 1958 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Barcode match thread on 22:21 - Feb 1 with 1943 viewsTacticalR

Absolutely superb own goal from Ciaran Clark - gave the keeper no chance.

Air hostess clique

Barcode match thread on 22:25 - Feb 1 with 1894 viewsMrSheen

Barcode match thread on 21:24 - Feb 1 by FDC

Can't see a goal coming from Lua Lua slinging balls in the box, we've no height up front. Without Manning's through balls we look out of ideas

To be fair, I would humbly suggest that LuaLua is a bit of a faffer. Can't take a ball and lay it off, has to stop, twirl around, point his arms, stand on the ball, then do what he could have done first time. Seems to work.
Barcode match thread on 22:53 - Feb 1 with 1759 viewsBluce_Ree

Adrian Durham earlier "Newcastle will go top if and when they win tonight"

Drink my hot piss, Durham. C*nt.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Barcode match thread on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 1724 views2Thomas2Bowles

From the BBC who hate us

On the overall balance of play it was no more than QPR deserved, having carved out several opportunities in the first half before looking dangerous on the break in the second.

The visitors wasted numerous chances to equalise even before Washington eventually poked them level from close range, with Massimo Luongo twice failing to beat Darlow when well placed.

Newcastle wrested their advantage back early in the second half through Ritchie's smart finish - his 11th goal of the season - and looked on course for a return to the summit of the Championship table.

However, Clark's mistake in the final minute of normal time gave QPR a valuable point to move them up to 18th, nine points clear of the relegation zone

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Barcode match thread on 23:05 - Feb 1 with 1687 viewsRBlock

Barcode match thread on 21:32 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

How are you offside there, Lua Lua?? Want more from this bloke. Looks like he's going through the motions to me.

This. Not so much going through the motions, but for me he is a stupid footballer. Just before he put that cross in I was complaining that he had slowed play down, pulled things back and taken the sting out of the move. Obviously what happened next everyone knows, but it wasn't the greatest of crosses anyway. Lua Lua needs to get his brain fixed.
Barcode match thread on 23:06 - Feb 1 with 1677 viewsHitch

A point from a bonus game, fck me luv it.
Barcode match thread on 08:57 - Feb 2 with 1367 viewslondonscottish

What a great performance.

Got to love Mackie wildly celebrating the 2nd goal in the technical area with Ollie and Birch.

Says it all.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Barcode match thread on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 1310 viewsPinnerPaul

Barcode match thread on 21:24 - Feb 1 by FDC

Can't see a goal coming from Lua Lua slinging balls in the box, we've no height up front. Without Manning's through balls we look out of ideas

!!!!!!!!
Barcode match thread on 09:25 - Feb 2 with 1286 viewsA40Bosh

Had to record the match last night as I would not be in home until 11:45pm. Once I heard that we had conceded in 40secs I checked on the score every so often to see how bad it was going to get. So seeing the score hit 2:2 at FT I knew i would be in trouble this morning.
Arrived home, fixed a large G&T, kicked the shoes off and pressed play for the entire 90mins but pre and post interviews.
Struggling this morning but worth it

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Barcode match thread on 12:28 - Feb 2 with 1144 viewsFDC

Barcode match thread on 09:21 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

!!!!!!!!

To be fair, Clark was the first player to get a header on target...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024