Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who feels like renewing 22:50 - Feb 15 with 8755 viewsenfieldargh

at this moment in time renewing my ST is the furthest thing from my mind.

Right now I dont think I'll bother.

I didn't boo on Saturday, never have never will.

But while the club sees fit to play Toazer or however you spell his name then my apathy towards the R's is the same as Tossers ability to wear the hoop(half) shirt with any pride or distinction.

If they gave me an ultimatum today of 'renew your ST now or never' then I'm afraid to say its never.

Been going since 1967

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

who feels like renewing on 20:13 - Feb 16 with 1792 viewssevenhoop

who feels like renewing on 19:30 - Feb 16 by terryb

Back to the OP.

I expect that I will renew, but it certainly won't be before the last week of March. It is far easier for me to make this decision though as I qualify for the over 60's discount.

Clive, do you think season ticket prices & renewal date will be on the agenda for your meeting in early March? They must realise by now (surely) that they can't follow through with a supposed 30% increase for sales come April.

i'll have notched up 50 years as a season-ticket holder next season and for years went to most away games, but I am completely broken by the shite we have had to watch for season after season. As someone else said, going now is an absolute chore; I go because I feel I "ought" to go and to keep my old man happy (83 years old and been going since pre-war, bless him) and my son company (not sure what he did to deserve this!).

I really thought hard about renewing this year as I could see the writing on the wall when we failed to replace Ramsey and didn't get Warburton and the first game at Charlton on a lovely summer's day, when I should have been enjoying the weather instead of being stuck in an overcrowded shed with no seats available after a hideous journey to SE London, confirmed my worse fears and tbh, I haven't recovered any enthusiasm since.
who feels like renewing on 20:39 - Feb 16 with 1767 viewspaulparker

If I were TF I would sell tickets for £10 for the rest of the home games
We have naff all to play for and considering the sh1t we have seen this year it's the least he can do to try and get back the canvass
We couldn't even sell out against Fulham on Saturday
As for season tickets I don't blame anyone for not renewing it's testing the loyalty with the crap being served up and then telling fans they could lose there seat if they don't renew by the deadline

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

who feels like renewing on 21:51 - Feb 16 with 1721 viewsconnell10

who feels like renewing on 11:15 - Feb 16 by daveB

Even on June 30th you'd have very little idea of how the squad was going to look, in the championship winning season by that stage we'd signed Leon Clarke, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill so hardly looked exciting. I just don't see how the club can win on this, if people don't want to renew because they don't know how the team will look that's fine but they'll have no idea in April, May or June either.

Heres a novel way of winning for the club ...... PUT THE TICKET PRICES DOWN ACROSS THE BOARD FOR ALL FANS , RANGERS ARE WAY , WAY , WAY TO DEAR!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

who feels like renewing on 22:32 - Feb 16 with 1704 viewsE17hoop

Decided to check the cost of renewals for my tickets (one adult and one junior) in the R block. The cost, if not renewed by 31st March, would appear to go up to £720+.

Is the club serious? They can't be - that's awful value if this season is anything to go by. We're not, irrespective of what James Perch thinks, going to make a surge for the playoffs. We're not going down because of the bigger car crashes at Bolton and Charlton which will mean there's only going to be 1 relegation spot to avoid.

So £720+ for an adult and child ST in the Championship is the most likely proposition. And there'll be a lot of empty seats next year if it is.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

who feels like renewing on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 1679 viewsactonman

who feels like renewing on 22:32 - Feb 16 by E17hoop

Decided to check the cost of renewals for my tickets (one adult and one junior) in the R block. The cost, if not renewed by 31st March, would appear to go up to £720+.

Is the club serious? They can't be - that's awful value if this season is anything to go by. We're not, irrespective of what James Perch thinks, going to make a surge for the playoffs. We're not going down because of the bigger car crashes at Bolton and Charlton which will mean there's only going to be 1 relegation spot to avoid.

So £720+ for an adult and child ST in the Championship is the most likely proposition. And there'll be a lot of empty seats next year if it is.

Well that's exactly where I sit and have the same tickets so as I am still raiding the back of the sofa since a very expensive start to the year then I am truly fked if I want to beat the deadline !

£720 for another season to add to the utter sh!tefest of football I have endured for the last 4 seasons? (Bobby Zamora moment excluded)

I think that might be the straw that breaks the camels back !
who feels like renewing on 00:03 - Feb 17 with 1646 viewsItalianR

who feels like renewing on 07:29 - Feb 16 by daveB

no they usually tell you at the end of May how much your ticket is and you have a month to pay so we usually all moan that we should have more notice. This year the club have given 4 months notice of how much tickets will be and we are still moaning.

If the prices go up 30% after March then the club are insane but i doubt they will

That's what they say though.
who feels like renewing on 01:17 - Feb 17 with 1624 viewsTrom

I wonder if this is to do with the financial fair play thing hanging over us. Sign up before you find we've got a transfer embargo.
who feels like renewing on 05:08 - Feb 17 with 1595 viewsisawqpratwcity

who feels like renewing on 01:17 - Feb 17 by Trom

I wonder if this is to do with the financial fair play thing hanging over us. Sign up before you find we've got a transfer embargo.

Or, from the club's point of view, maximise income before end-of-year to reduce (eliminate?) excessive wages.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

who feels like renewing on 09:13 - Feb 17 with 1526 viewsNorthernr

who feels like renewing on 19:30 - Feb 16 by terryb

Back to the OP.

I expect that I will renew, but it certainly won't be before the last week of March. It is far easier for me to make this decision though as I qualify for the over 60's discount.

Clive, do you think season ticket prices & renewal date will be on the agenda for your meeting in early March? They must realise by now (surely) that they can't follow through with a supposed 30% increase for sales come April.

Apparently season tickets are going to be discussed at that meeting but I'm not there I don't think so it's definitely not 'my meeting'.
who feels like renewing on 09:38 - Feb 17 with 1501 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 00:03 - Feb 17 by ItalianR

That's what they say though.

they said the prices could rise upto 30% which could mean 1% or could mean 25%, until they say what they are going to do it's difficult to get worked up over. I think if we had got promoted they would have gone up quite a bit but that's not going to happen now
who feels like renewing on 09:42 - Feb 17 with 1499 viewsShunter

Already renewed even though its been a crap season and hit rock bottom last Saturday

You just dont give up on your club, WE ARE QPR !
who feels like renewing on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 1466 viewsPunteR

I've never had a ST, I just don't like commitment:)
Seriously though, I do think ticket prices are ridiculous. Before Warnock got us promoted I think our average gates were 13-14000 . Unless we picked up some more regular punters while in the prem we'll probably start getting those sorts of numbers again,the longer we're in the championship.
If we are in the process of rebuilding the club ,surely the support base should be just as important and be part of the rebuilding process. Especially if they're still thinking about 40,000 seater stadiums.
If it was just me going every week I probably would get a ST but I've got two kids(3rd kid goes free atm)who want to go which bumps the cost right up,if you take into account food,drink,travel etc. Under 16 ticket prices should be a lot cheaper. My kids just couldn't get to all the games so pointless getting them a ST anyway.
Just by way of comparison we bought a Merlin pass for a family of 5 this year £580. That includes unlimited entrance to Thorpe,Chessington,LEGOLAND etc. I cant justify to my wife buying a family ST for over a grand to watch a mediocre QPR team play football for 90 min on a Saturday. Fairplay to any families that do. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough.

It could be worse though, my Arsenal mate cant even get tickets for him and his 2 boys and when he does its over £200 just for one game!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

who feels like renewing on 14:33 - Feb 17 with 1395 viewsCliff

who feels like renewing on 09:38 - Feb 17 by daveB

they said the prices could rise upto 30% which could mean 1% or could mean 25%, until they say what they are going to do it's difficult to get worked up over. I think if we had got promoted they would have gone up quite a bit but that's not going to happen now

Sorry but you are wrong, here is a direct copy and paste from

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/seasontickets

Click on the "What price will I pay for my Season Ticket after the renewal window has closed?" line in the faq. The result is:

If there are any further on-sale windows, you will have to pay the General Sale price which will increase by a minimum of 30% on the New Loyalty Window prices. Please note that after the renewal window, your seat(s) will not be guaranteed.

Which also answers someone else's question about whether they'll lose their seat if they don't renew in the loyalty window - the answer appears to be yes
who feels like renewing on 14:48 - Feb 17 with 1377 viewsNorthernr

who feels like renewing on 14:33 - Feb 17 by Cliff

Click on the "What price will I pay for my Season Ticket after the renewal window has closed?" line in the faq. The result is:

If there are any further on-sale windows, you will have to pay the General Sale price which will increase by a minimum of 30% on the New Loyalty Window prices. Please note that after the renewal window, your seat(s) will not be guaranteed.

Which also answers someone else's question about whether they'll lose their seat if they don't renew in the loyalty window - the answer appears to be yes

Well the answer is probably no, because at those prices who exactly is going to be rushing to buy your seat?
who feels like renewing on 14:51 - Feb 17 with 1367 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 14:33 - Feb 17 by Cliff

fair enough I thought it said upto 30% but must have misread it.

Don't you always lose your seat if you don't renew in the loyalty window, i suppose if no one else buys it you can still get it afterwards but at the new price.
who feels like renewing on 15:55 - Feb 17 with 1315 viewsCliff

who feels like renewing on 14:48 - Feb 17 by Northernr

Well the answer is probably no, because at those prices who exactly is going to be rushing to buy your seat?

I agree, it probably won't be lost but it also won't be reserved either.
who feels like renewing on 16:01 - Feb 17 with 1301 viewsNorthernr

who feels like renewing on 15:55 - Feb 17 by Cliff

I agree, it probably won't be lost but it also won't be reserved either.

Yeh sorry was being flippant, although I fail to see how anybody currently without a season ticket will decide that one is a good idea at those raised prices so it'll probably be reasonably safe.
who feels like renewing on 17:37 - Feb 17 with 1227 viewspaesanu

who feels like renewing on 09:42 - Feb 17 by Shunter

Already renewed even though its been a crap season and hit rock bottom last Saturday

You just dont give up on your club, WE ARE QPR !

It's fans like you that allow the club to come up with such barmy pricing. That accusatory tone that you're in the wrong if you don't fork out whatever dosh they want.
Never mind budgeting and financial responsibilities eh.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

who feels like renewing on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 1201 viewsterryb

who feels like renewing on 09:13 - Feb 17 by Northernr

Apparently season tickets are going to be discussed at that meeting but I'm not there I don't think so it's definitely not 'my meeting'.

Sorry Clive, I didn't mean that you had a personal meeting with the club!

"Your meeting" was only supposed to mean that I thought you would be there as representing LFW. I would have addressed Bushman or 999's in the same manner!

It may even be that I have it wrong that it is a meeting with the various message boards etc.
who feels like renewing on 18:14 - Feb 17 with 1180 viewsNorthernr

who feels like renewing on 17:54 - Feb 17 by terryb

Sorry Clive, I didn't mean that you had a personal meeting with the club!

"Your meeting" was only supposed to mean that I thought you would be there as representing LFW. I would have addressed Bushman or 999's in the same manner!

It may even be that I have it wrong that it is a meeting with the various message boards etc.

No worries, I've just noticed on Twitter that if you attend one of these 'supporter consultation committee' meetings and something subsequently gets announced that people don't like you get the blame for it, accused of being "fame hungry" and an "attention seeker" for going in the first place etc so I'm distancing myself

I've only been to one of them, and I think they're a good idea in principal. I believe the one in March is to discuss developments on the new stadium, and the season tickets, and it's open to not only the committee but also the websites and podcast reps who usually get together with Ian Taylor and the media team once every three or four months to run through issues on both sides of the table. If anybody is desperate to go instead of my as the LFW rep do let me know - pm, email loftforwords@yahoo.co.uk.

This post has been edited by an administrator
who feels like renewing on 23:19 - Feb 17 with 1078 viewsted_hendrix

Lot of sad posts on this thread!
Doesn't seem that long ago that posters on here couldn't wait to re-new their STs and you'd get 'my ST turned up today' threads, all you'd get back then was an envelope with a book of tickets in it, we were shit in them days but at least we were our shit, I don't see it like that any more apart from us still being shit.
An awful lot of posters on this board have disappeared too since them days, maybe it's just a sign of the times.
Like someone said further up the thread, the club have worn me out too.
Maybe the times are changing?
OP & Snipper long time no see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024