Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who feels like renewing 22:50 - Feb 15 with 8754 viewsenfieldargh

at this moment in time renewing my ST is the furthest thing from my mind.

Right now I dont think I'll bother.

I didn't boo on Saturday, never have never will.

But while the club sees fit to play Toazer or however you spell his name then my apathy towards the R's is the same as Tossers ability to wear the hoop(half) shirt with any pride or distinction.

If they gave me an ultimatum today of 'renew your ST now or never' then I'm afraid to say its never.

Been going since 1967

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

who feels like renewing on 10:45 - Feb 16 with 2102 viewsvblockranger

30 years a season ticket holder up to 2 seasons ago. Pick and choose games previous 2 seasons and havent been at all this season. Club has changed since TF and his PR machine rolled up.
who feels like renewing on 10:46 - Feb 16 with 2097 viewsjonno

who feels like renewing on 10:33 - Feb 16 by wrinklyhoop

This offer is a bit different, with new ST folk getting the same deal for only a smallish extra amount.

How can anyone buying a new S/T be buying it under a "loyalty" banner? The whole point is that because they didn't previously have a S/T they were not "loyal". Laughable.
who feels like renewing on 10:47 - Feb 16 with 2093 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 10:39 - Feb 16 by Jamie

Think you are missing the point a bit here Dave tbh.

I don't think anyone is necessarily criticising the club. As already said, the plan was a sensible one - the club wants to get money in ASAP to be able to more accurately forecast for next year, and as Norf says, at the time it was essentially dangling an offer of a PL season ticket at Championship prices.

As we have drifted miles away from promotion though, it's basically become 'buy a season ticket before March or don't get one' as nobody is going to be mental enough to buy a ST at the increased prices unless something incredible is happening over the summer.

So the club are now in a position where I'd not be surprised at all if ST renewals are currently at dire levels, supporter morale is pretty damn low, we are still playing aging dickheads over our own youngsters and so they are going to either have to accept dire ST levels next season or rethink their plans to entice more people to sign up later in the year.

but that's the case every year, if you don't renew by June 30th you don't get one or pay more afterwards, it's just a bit earlier this year. I know the team are crap and millions of reasons not to renew but those won't change by having the deadline a month later
who feels like renewing on 10:50 - Feb 16 with 2081 viewsjonno

who feels like renewing on 10:47 - Feb 16 by daveB

but that's the case every year, if you don't renew by June 30th you don't get one or pay more afterwards, it's just a bit earlier this year. I know the team are crap and millions of reasons not to renew but those won't change by having the deadline a month later

Last time I looked at a calendar, March and June were more than a month apart.
who feels like renewing on 10:53 - Feb 16 with 2076 viewsJamie

who feels like renewing on 10:47 - Feb 16 by daveB

But if the deadline was June 30th for example, seeing a released list with the likes of Green, Traore, Henry, Diakite etc just mot tempt people into biting the bullet again.

As it is, the deal that is being offered just isn't enticing enough to tempt anyone but the terminally optimistic/insane to renew and after that the prices shoot up to a level whereby you wouldn't renew even if you wanted to.

It's not a criticism of the club, they just need to be fluid and acknowledge that what was an enticing offer just isn't anymore.
who feels like renewing on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 2037 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 10:53 - Feb 16 by Jamie

But if the deadline was June 30th for example, seeing a released list with the likes of Green, Traore, Henry, Diakite etc just mot tempt people into biting the bullet again.

As it is, the deal that is being offered just isn't enticing enough to tempt anyone but the terminally optimistic/insane to renew and after that the prices shoot up to a level whereby you wouldn't renew even if you wanted to.

It's not a criticism of the club, they just need to be fluid and acknowledge that what was an enticing offer just isn't anymore.

Even on June 30th you'd have very little idea of how the squad was going to look, in the championship winning season by that stage we'd signed Leon Clarke, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill so hardly looked exciting. I just don't see how the club can win on this, if people don't want to renew because they don't know how the team will look that's fine but they'll have no idea in April, May or June either.
who feels like renewing on 11:23 - Feb 16 with 2016 viewstoboboly

who feels like renewing on 11:15 - Feb 16 by daveB

Even on June 30th you'd have very little idea of how the squad was going to look, in the championship winning season by that stage we'd signed Leon Clarke, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill so hardly looked exciting. I just don't see how the club can win on this, if people don't want to renew because they don't know how the team will look that's fine but they'll have no idea in April, May or June either.

But you would have a chance to save up for their extortionate renewal prices.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

who feels like renewing on 11:25 - Feb 16 with 2016 viewsjonno

Maybe, maybe not. But they would have three months longer to get the money together, the same as every other season.
Login to get fewer ads

who feels like renewing on 12:08 - Feb 16 with 1962 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 11:23 - Feb 16 by toboboly

But you would have a chance to save up for their extortionate renewal prices.

buy you've got time to save up, we've had 3 and a half months notice of the prices
who feels like renewing on 12:08 - Feb 16 with 1958 viewsSnipper

Supporters all over the country are up in arms about extortanate ticket prices. And rightly so. It's a multitude of things that are putting me off getting another season ticket.

1. They've been taking the mick out of us since Briatore hiked the price of my Gold Upper Loft ST to £600.

2. The mercenaries we've been buying over the years earning up to £80,000 per week. Most of them don't give a toss about the club or us in the stands. The likes of Leroy Fer are on a minimum of £50,000 per week and he never breaks a sweat the lazy git.

3. FCUKING SKY TELEVISION 😡😡. Enough said on that one.

I love where I sit in the Upper Loft. I've got an aisle seat right by the stairs, which is right by the bogs and kiosk. I've had that same seat for years and most people around me have had the same seats for years also. As I said earlier in the thread, I've only been to 5 home games this season. The last few seasons have knocked the battle out of me and it's more of a chore to go now.
As it stands at the moment, I'm not renewing. As Clive said, they need to have a serious rethink about the price hike.
who feels like renewing on 12:24 - Feb 16 with 1918 viewsLongsufferingR

To answer the OP's question, no I don't feel like renewing, but I have renewed. Addictions don't come much more powerful.
who feels like renewing on 12:30 - Feb 16 with 1905 viewstoboboly

who feels like renewing on 12:08 - Feb 16 by daveB

buy you've got time to save up, we've had 3 and a half months notice of the prices

During Xmas and New Year. When few people can sit and save £500+. My entire point Dave is that the March deadline is too soon, especially with the prices which are far too high for football in the Championship.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

who feels like renewing on 12:42 - Feb 16 with 1885 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 12:30 - Feb 16 by toboboly

During Xmas and New Year. When few people can sit and save £500+. My entire point Dave is that the March deadline is too soon, especially with the prices which are far too high for football in the Championship.

still have 3 months after Christmas and hardly a shock that season ticket is coming around. I don't think it matters when the renewal window ends, we moan about it every year
who feels like renewing on 12:55 - Feb 16 with 1850 viewsjonno

who feels like renewing on 12:08 - Feb 16 by daveB

That's not the point. They are expecting people to find the money 4 months earlier than previous years. It's like suddenly bringing Christmas forward to September in May. People were expecting to have eight months to save up or find the money, suddenly they only had four. And that is before you consider that for a long time now that money has been spent lining the pockets of a bunch of obscenely overpaid, lazy wasters.
who feels like renewing on 13:01 - Feb 16 with 1837 viewsdaveB

who feels like renewing on 12:55 - Feb 16 by jonno

That's not the point. They are expecting people to find the money 4 months earlier than previous years. It's like suddenly bringing Christmas forward to September in May. People were expecting to have eight months to save up or find the money, suddenly they only had four. And that is before you consider that for a long time now that money has been spent lining the pockets of a bunch of obscenely overpaid, lazy wasters.

I don't think it matters, when the deadline is June you get plenty moaning that normal clubs have season ticket prices sorted and on sale long before the season ends, we do that and the club are still wrong. They could give the season tickets away for free and we'd still find a reason to moan about it
who feels like renewing on 13:03 - Feb 16 with 1695 viewsJuzzie

ok ok, no one's going to agree. Get a room or move on......

[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:03]
who feels like renewing on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 1640 viewsHunterhoop

I agree partly with DaveB and partly with others.

The timing, in my view, is a red herring. We've all had over 3 months notice...or 3 payslips. It's actually more notice than we've been given in previous years.

Yes, with a later deadline you know which league we'll be in...but let's be honest, we know now we'll be in the Championship. And we got 12k ST sales in League 1 under Holloway.

Yes, with a later deadline you have a slightly better idea of what the team will look like next year...but only slightly....it's often July/Aug, way after STs have been renewed, that the squad and first XI really takes shape.

So, in my view the timing is irrelevant.

The issue is the pricing approach. The club have taken a strategic gamble here and lost.

The real reason they went with an early renewal is they hoped we'd be in the play off hunt. Fans would then see the prices in view of POTENTIALLY being in the Prem next year; that would be very good value compared to other clubs and previous years. With a team playing pretty well and the possibility (albeit it 'odds against'), fans would renew and could get a good deal. Even if we didn't go up, or fans felt we were unlikely to go up, they'd still review because we were generally winning more than we weren't, on the up, and they'd believe we'd be competing for promotion next year. In that scenario, the prices again look palatable for fans.

However, the gamble for the club has backfired for the simple reason that there is now no chance of promotion this season, the team are playing badly in the main and promotion doesn't look likely next season, at this stage.

So, fans are seeing a miserable onfield situation, the promises of building the club into what it used to be taking more than a year...AND an increase, albeit small, on prices if you renew, and potentially quite large increases if you don't/are a new ST.

It's the worst situation imaginable for the club.

If I were the club, I'd see this as a big concern. The prices are no longer applicable to the environment nor the product (on the field), so you would, in a true commercial market, re-price.

It's a bugger. But...if I were the club, the next time we win a couple of games in a row, I'd announce a unilateral 10% discount across all original ST pricing.

That's approx. £50 or so off the ave. ST price, bringing renewal prices lower than the currently are. It also helps you being held to this "minimum 30% increase" post renewal window because your base is lower....that might help future "non-renewal" sales.

In terms of commercial impact, if you were going to achieve 10k ST sales, it's a £500k hit to your bottom line. But we won't hit those numbers at this price in the situation the club are in.

If we assume we were generously going to sell 7k STs at the current prices, the impact is about £350k in loss of revenue. However, this is offset if the discount encourages an additional 2k ST sales. This brings in an additional approx £900k in revenue (now £450 for an ave. ST). Net is £550k up for the club and 9k STs (bigger crowds) and happier fans.

Obviously the club would need to run the figures in more depth than I have but the approach works even at lower ST levels.

If the club got the messaging right and effectively said:

"look, we understand times are tough. We understand our onfield performances haven't been great. We understand we're in the Champ. But we have a new manager, we are genuinely trying to build the club for the med-long term. We're trying to change the club for the better. Trust us. Here's £50/10% off your ST renewal price."

....Would you take it?

I think the answer is 'yes' if timed right and messaged well. And I think it would be an excellent strategic, commercial and PR move. The club can pay me a consulting fee when they successfully implement this.

who feels like renewing on 13:24 - Feb 16 with 1613 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

who feels like renewing on 13:19 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

The timing, in my view, is a red herring. We've all had over 3 months notice...or 3 payslips. It's actually more notice than we've been given in previous years.

Yes, with a later deadline you know which league we'll be in...but let's be honest, we know now we'll be in the Championship. And we got 12k ST sales in League 1 under Holloway.

Yes, with a later deadline you have a slightly better idea of what the team will look like next year...but only slightly....it's often July/Aug, way after STs have been renewed, that the squad and first XI really takes shape.

The issue is the pricing approach. The club have taken a strategic gamble here and lost.

The real reason they went with an early renewal is they hoped we'd be in the play off hunt. Fans would then see the prices in view of POTENTIALLY being in the Prem next year; that would be very good value compared to other clubs and previous years. With a team playing pretty well and the possibility (albeit it 'odds against'), fans would renew and could get a good deal. Even if we didn't go up, or fans felt we were unlikely to go up, they'd still review because we were generally winning more than we weren't, on the up, and they'd believe we'd be competing for promotion next year. In that scenario, the prices again look palatable for fans.

However, the gamble for the club has backfired for the simple reason that there is now no chance of promotion this season, the team are playing badly in the main and promotion doesn't look likely next season, at this stage.

So, fans are seeing a miserable onfield situation, the promises of building the club into what it used to be taking more than a year...AND an increase, albeit small, on prices if you renew, and potentially quite large increases if you don't/are a new ST.

If I were the club, I'd see this as a big concern. The prices are no longer applicable to the environment nor the product (on the field), so you would, in a true commercial market, re-price.

It's a bugger. But...if I were the club, the next time we win a couple of games in a row, I'd announce a unilateral 10% discount across all original ST pricing.

That's approx. £50 or so off the ave. ST price, bringing renewal prices lower than the currently are. It also helps you being held to this "minimum 30% increase" post renewal window because your base is lower....that might help future "non-renewal" sales.

In terms of commercial impact, if you were going to achieve 10k ST sales, it's a £500k hit to your bottom line. But we won't hit those numbers at this price in the situation the club are in.

If we assume we were generously going to sell 7k STs at the current prices, the impact is about £350k in loss of revenue. However, this is offset if the discount encourages an additional 2k ST sales. This brings in an additional approx £900k in revenue (now £450 for an ave. ST). Net is £550k up for the club and 9k STs (bigger crowds) and happier fans.

Obviously the club would need to run the figures in more depth than I have but the approach works even at lower ST levels.

"look, we understand times are tough. We understand our onfield performances haven't been great. We understand we're in the Champ. But we have a new manager, we are genuinely trying to build the club for the med-long term. We're trying to change the club for the better. Trust us. Here's £50/10% off your ST renewal price."

....Would you take it?

I think the answer is 'yes' if timed right and messaged well. And I think it would be an excellent strategic, commercial and PR move. The club can pay me a consulting fee when they successfully implement this.

Excellent summary and all true.

I just resent being subjected to sales strategies from something I hold really dear.

It's as if my first born trying to sell me his first finger painting, or my dying Grandma offering me a discount on her wedding ring if I buy it before she dies.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:25]
who feels like renewing on 13:48 - Feb 16 with 1581 viewsjonno

who feels like renewing on 13:19 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

....Would you take it?

It's not really more notice than previous years is it? Previous years the S/T renewal deadline for the discount was June? Now it's suddenly March, and announced just three months before that. It's irrespective of what division we'll be playing in, and therefore to some extent what the price will be. People who renew every year are being asked to stump up money much earlier than usual for next season when they would have reasonably expected to have until June to find the money. The renewal date is normally June, everybody knows that, so any sort of "notice" is irrelevant.
who feels like renewing on 14:10 - Feb 16 with 1536 viewsNorthernr

who feels like renewing on 13:48 - Feb 16 by jonno

It's not really more notice than previous years is it? Previous years the S/T renewal deadline for the discount was June? Now it's suddenly March, and announced just three months before that. It's irrespective of what division we'll be playing in, and therefore to some extent what the price will be. People who renew every year are being asked to stump up money much earlier than usual for next season when they would have reasonably expected to have until June to find the money. The renewal date is normally June, everybody knows that, so any sort of "notice" is irrelevant.

Take that point about everybody expects it in June, but this is more notice. We were told in December and we have until March 31 - for me that's pay days on last day of Dec, Jan, Feb and March before I have to pay the money. Previously we were usually told two or three weeks into May and had to pay by end of June, which is one pay day. And a couple of times while it was like that there were very steep, £200-odd increases in mine so even though I knew it was coming it was much higher than I thought and I had one pay day to sort it.

We did, back in the Devlin/Power era always get the prices midway through the previous season and have to renew early in my recollection - probably not March 31 early but still early. It's a much better, more professional, way of doing it and it's the way most other clubs do it. I remember in previous seasons there have been threads on here slagging QPR off because "Derby/Brighton/Palace/Charloton already know their prices why don't we know ours?"

The issue here isn't really the date for me, it's that the 'reward' for your loyalty is paying £10 more than last year and the 'punishment' for not being loyal is the price climbing to a point that's frankly ridiculous for Championship football. Early bird renewal should be 10% lower than last season, or something like that, if renewed before end of April say, and then the new price (last year +£10) thereafter with all remaining seats on general sale.

Given that they've already started selling, probably the best 'fix' they can do is bump the deadline back and drop the idea of jacking things up 30% afterwards. Reserving and holding onto the seat is often carrot enough without pricing us out of getting any new season ticket holders with that 30% stick.

This post has been edited by an administrator
who feels like renewing on 14:19 - Feb 16 with 1502 viewsstevec

Give me 30% more leg room, then I'll think about it
who feels like renewing on 16:17 - Feb 16 with 1407 viewstimcocking

At a time when life is so damned expensive and so many people are struggling to pay the bills, and having to watch mediocre players show off their new fcuking cars every day, it's painful to see the club make such a huge ballsup as this. It's been appallingly handled. It'll cost us many season ticket holders I should imagine.

I don't think any game of football is worth much more than 20 quid. I genuinely believe it should be cheap entertainment. Particularly given the price in terms of time and travel that go with it. You sense if they were giving the tickets away, we have a lot of fans...waning in enthusiasm after being repeatedly let down for so long. Threatening people to pay up or pay 30% more? Fcuking suicidal management.
who feels like renewing on 18:45 - Feb 16 with 1293 viewsjohncharles

who feels like renewing on 13:24 - Feb 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Excellent summary and all true.

I just resent being subjected to sales strategies from something I hold really dear.

It's as if my first born trying to sell me his first finger painting, or my dying Grandma offering me a discount on her wedding ring if I buy it before she dies.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 13:25]

Nicely put Bazz

Strong and stable my arse.

who feels like renewing on 19:30 - Feb 16 with 1263 viewsterryb

Back to the OP.

I expect that I will renew, but it certainly won't be before the last week of March. It is far easier for me to make this decision though as I qualify for the over 60's discount.

Clive, do you think season ticket prices & renewal date will be on the agenda for your meeting in early March? They must realise by now (surely) that they can't follow through with a supposed 30% increase for sales come April.
who feels like renewing on 20:12 - Feb 16 with 1233 viewsHayesender

who feels like renewing on 07:25 - Feb 16 by QPRJohnny

Clubs ticketing approach is a disgrace.

I was quite prepared to settle for mid table obscurity as the club rebuilt. Which is exactly where we are.
However I fail to see why I should pay for a second season ticket in the same season for the privilege.

I am surprised there hasn't been much of a protest. I hear there is a petition against it. Anyone who where there is a link?

https://www.change.org/p/tony-fernandes-scrap-the-qpr-ticket-renew-system-and-lo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024