Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Wales -again 10:40 - Nov 2 with 1665 viewsonehunglow

Football not even mentioned Friday nor last night.

I know -but it's really insulting ,isn't it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

BBC Wales -again on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 1637 views1983

Not really we now live in a world of social media with choices and have done for some time when you can look on your TV, phones, devices 24hrs a day and will and can get up to the minute information on anything anywhere in the world. Why get bent out of shape about a dictating dinosaur broadcasting company that past it's best years ago. Why would anyone look to BBC Wales for any information or entertainment ?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 11:36]

BBC Wales -again on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 1612 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales -again on 11:33 - Nov 2 by 1983

Not really we now live in a world of social media with choices and have done for some time when you can look on your TV, phones, devices 24hrs a day and will and can get up to the minute information on anything anywhere in the world. Why get bent out of shape about a dictating dinosaur broadcasting company that past it's best years ago. Why would anyone look to BBC Wales for any information or entertainment ?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 11:36]

1983.We've disgareed much in the past but that is a good reply.Very true.

I just see it as an insult to football followers in Wales;it also neglects the many who still eshew social media and even mobile phones .

BBC Wales -again on 13:20 - Nov 2 with 1550 viewslifelong

BBC Wales is simply rugby and Cardiff City orientated.

The rest of Wales is seen something of an inconvenience to them, I find it difficult to listen to, or watch.
BBC Wales -again on 15:29 - Nov 2 with 1488 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales -again on 13:20 - Nov 2 by lifelong

BBC Wales is simply rugby and Cardiff City orientated.

The rest of Wales is seen something of an inconvenience to them, I find it difficult to listen to, or watch.

This is simply untrue. BBC are getting rightly bashed over a number of issues but it is not n blatantly biased towards Cardiff City. BBC likes rugby because up to recently it had TV coverage of the Pro12 and internationals and have programs to promote. They have the pro Swansea fan show with Ellis James.

The is a strong pro Anglo slant on here which is fine until it mutates into anti Welsh narrative usually associated with Union flag logos . Pro Union can live with pro Welsh in harmony as we have done for 400 years.

Wise sage since Toshack era

BBC Wales -again on 16:42 - Nov 2 with 1455 viewsVincent_Vega

BBC Wales -again on 15:29 - Nov 2 by ReslovenSwan1

This is simply untrue. BBC are getting rightly bashed over a number of issues but it is not n blatantly biased towards Cardiff City. BBC likes rugby because up to recently it had TV coverage of the Pro12 and internationals and have programs to promote. They have the pro Swansea fan show with Ellis James.

The is a strong pro Anglo slant on here which is fine until it mutates into anti Welsh narrative usually associated with Union flag logos . Pro Union can live with pro Welsh in harmony as we have done for 400 years.

yeah yeah, you keep thinking that petal

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

BBC Wales -again on 17:08 - Nov 2 with 1435 viewslifelong

“BBC Wales is not blatantly biased towards Cardiff City” has got to be the most ridiculous statement I’ve read on here.
BBC Wales -again on 17:29 - Nov 2 with 1420 viewsvetchonian

Where have you been hiding?
Ask yourself how often does BBC Radio Wales' main football correspondant commentate at Swansea matches? He is usually found at Cardiff games....or even Wrexham

Even way back in the days when we were in the old Div1 in 1980 Cardiff always featured ahead of us in bulletins despite them being in alower league..so much so my late uncle used the term we now often hear of the bluebirds broadcasting corporation!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

BBC Wales -again on 17:32 - Nov 2 with 1414 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales -again on 17:08 - Nov 2 by lifelong

“BBC Wales is not blatantly biased towards Cardiff City” has got to be the most ridiculous statement I’ve read on here.

For onceLifey,we agree. This in itself is a joy.

BBC not favouring Cardiff is the stuff of insanity..

Not a case of just rugby over football either .It is and always has been insidious against anything Swansea .
OK,I rip into Swansea or rather the clowns that have ruined my home town BUT it is dear to me still and I am proud of the bludgeoned place and the people no matter what it looks like to outsiders .

It is ,as aI say, an insult and to totally ignore football last weekend was laughable . I have always said I hoped Cardiff went tots up and I stand by every word .

I do see why Rugby is hated by many football followers and there is no need for it. The coverage however of all sport is so amateur.Rugby analysis by Tom Shanklin should say it all.

Floret Swansea

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Wales -again on 17:35 - Nov 2 with 1405 viewsWhiterockin

Sometimes one post will make someone lose any credibility they had.
BBC Wales -again on 17:39 - Nov 2 with 1397 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales -again on 17:35 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

Sometimes one post will make someone lose any credibility they had.

My missus is English through and through and she thinks it’s weird .

It is THAT obvious

It needs saying

BBC Wales -again on 17:48 - Nov 2 with 1389 viewsWhiterockin

BBC Wales -again on 17:39 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

My missus is English through and through and she thinks it’s weird .

It is THAT obvious

It needs saying

Must work for the BBC no other logical explanation
BBC Wales -again on 17:50 - Nov 2 with 1379 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'll have a pint of what you are smoking.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

BBC Wales -again on 20:01 - Nov 2 with 1293 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales -again on 17:50 - Nov 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'll have a pint of what you are smoking.

Its one of those persistent fake narratives that persist over the decades. No one has produced any evidence for this other than anecdotal incidents. It needs the work of our in house statistician Dr P. to look into it. I am called petal but I could not care less even it it were true.

You guys are incensed at this but defend the rights of far right English thugs to call Welsh men and children perverts despite the fact it is established as "aggravated racial disorderly conduct". It takes an outside like me to point out this. Some Anglophone posters need to review their personal values in my opinion.

Ellis James hard core Swansea fan has his own BBC show with the useless Ian Walsh featuring.

Wise sage since Toshack era

BBC Wales -again on 20:46 - Nov 2 with 1270 viewsBoundy

BBC Wales -again on 20:01 - Nov 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Its one of those persistent fake narratives that persist over the decades. No one has produced any evidence for this other than anecdotal incidents. It needs the work of our in house statistician Dr P. to look into it. I am called petal but I could not care less even it it were true.

You guys are incensed at this but defend the rights of far right English thugs to call Welsh men and children perverts despite the fact it is established as "aggravated racial disorderly conduct". It takes an outside like me to point out this. Some Anglophone posters need to review their personal values in my opinion.

Ellis James hard core Swansea fan has his own BBC show with the useless Ian Walsh featuring.

Can you provide evidence to prove the contrary ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

BBC Wales -again on 21:40 - Nov 2 with 1255 viewsBillyChong

BBC Wales -again on 20:01 - Nov 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The bigwigs in the Cardiff offices would have dragged Elis James over the coals by now if he’d made anywhere near the type of biased snide remarks about our rivals in the way our good friend Jason Mohammed does.
BBC Wales -again on 21:44 - Nov 2 with 1242 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

BBC Wales -again on 20:46 - Nov 2 by Boundy

Can you provide evidence to prove the contrary ?

I can supply a number of witnesses m'lud.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

BBC Wales -again on 06:39 - Nov 3 with 1143 viewsbuilthjack

Not a mention on the 6.25am Welsh news

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

BBC Wales -again on 07:00 - Nov 3 with 1131 viewsbuilthjack

Nothing a thing 6.55am.
They don't like us winning.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

BBC Wales -again on 08:54 - Nov 3 with 1076 views1983

Unbelievable who gives a fleck what BBC Wales think or do.

I went to Thailand about 6 years ago and got a taxi in some small village miles from nowhere and the taxi driver there knew more about Swansea City FC than me.

Keep BBC Wales for the little people the valley commandos and those fat birds in cowboy hats on 6 nation days.

Just smile

BBC Wales -again on 23:10 - Nov 3 with 942 viewsfelixstowe_jack

BBC Wales -again on 08:54 - Nov 3 by 1983

I went to Thailand about 6 years ago and got a taxi in some small village miles from nowhere and the taxi driver there knew more about Swansea City FC than me.

Keep BBC Wales for the little people the valley commandos and those fat birds in cowboy hats on 6 nation days.

Just smile

Wonder if they will feature another Cardiff defeat on tomorrow's news.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

BBC Wales -again on 23:18 - Nov 3 with 928 viewsKeithHaynes

BBC Wales -again on 08:54 - Nov 3 by 1983

Just smile

Same here mate with the youngsters, they all seem to know who we are, players etc. Michu and Llorente espexially.And in this area Chico. My mate said the other day, you can’t dine out on that forever, he supports Newcastle 😂

I love an eat as much as you like buffet.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

BBC Wales -again on 00:45 - Nov 4 with 893 viewsEvanski

Sorry mate but that’s garbage. In the 80s and 90s on the rare occasions our games were broadcast we had to endure the commentary of Richard Shepherd, a dyed in the wool Blueturd now referred to as ‘Cardiff City historian’. In the early 80s he commentated on a Swans v Cardiff game at the Vetch and when the vermin scored he famously blurted out “We’ve scored, we’ve scored, Cardiff City have scored.”

I live in Aberystwyth, when I tune in to Radio Wales on a Saturday afternoon (FM or DAB) I invariably get commentary on Cardiff’s games. They broadcast Swans games “in the south west”. Evidently Ceredigion has been annexed, Putin style, by south east Wales.

Commentary on games on RW is provided by Nathan Blake, Jason Perry, Kevin Ratcliffe and Ian Walsh. All four played for Cardiff, Ian Walsh played 37 times for the Swans 40 years ago. As it happens he’ll always be a hero to me because he scored the winner in my first ever Swans game, but hardly the club legend Blake and Perry are to the vermin. In fact, I know Danny, Walsh’s son, and he’s an out and out Bluebird who hates the Jacks. Could we not have the likes of Curt, Leon, Trunds, Freestone etc?

You make reference to Ellis James’ podcast. Ellis is a Swans fan, yes, his two ex-pros are Iwan Roberts (neutral - possible Wrexham leanings) and Danny Gabbidon, Cardiff legend. Hardly a pro-Swans fan show. Check out the episode after our recent derby win. They say all the right things about the Swans not getting the credit they deserved amid the McCarthy failings diatribes, spend the next 5 mins lauding the Swans before launching into a 20 mins McCarthy failings diatribe.

For the record, I have no hidden agenda. I’m a first language Welsh speaker whose flag is Y Ddraig Goch. I regard the butcher’s apron in the same way I do the US Confederate flag. But BBC Wales impartial on the football front? Do me a favour.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

BBC Wales -again on 05:16 - Nov 4 with 826 viewsbuilthjack

BBC Wales -again on 00:45 - Nov 4 by Evanski

Sorry mate but that’s garbage. In the 80s and 90s on the rare occasions our games were broadcast we had to endure the commentary of Richard Shepherd, a dyed in the wool Blueturd now referred to as ‘Cardiff City historian’. In the early 80s he commentated on a Swans v Cardiff game at the Vetch and when the vermin scored he famously blurted out “We’ve scored, we’ve scored, Cardiff City have scored.”

I live in Aberystwyth, when I tune in to Radio Wales on a Saturday afternoon (FM or DAB) I invariably get commentary on Cardiff’s games. They broadcast Swans games “in the south west”. Evidently Ceredigion has been annexed, Putin style, by south east Wales.

Commentary on games on RW is provided by Nathan Blake, Jason Perry, Kevin Ratcliffe and Ian Walsh. All four played for Cardiff, Ian Walsh played 37 times for the Swans 40 years ago. As it happens he’ll always be a hero to me because he scored the winner in my first ever Swans game, but hardly the club legend Blake and Perry are to the vermin. In fact, I know Danny, Walsh’s son, and he’s an out and out Bluebird who hates the Jacks. Could we not have the likes of Curt, Leon, Trunds, Freestone etc?

You make reference to Ellis James’ podcast. Ellis is a Swans fan, yes, his two ex-pros are Iwan Roberts (neutral - possible Wrexham leanings) and Danny Gabbidon, Cardiff legend. Hardly a pro-Swans fan show. Check out the episode after our recent derby win. They say all the right things about the Swans not getting the credit they deserved amid the McCarthy failings diatribes, spend the next 5 mins lauding the Swans before launching into a 20 mins McCarthy failings diatribe.

For the record, I have no hidden agenda. I’m a first language Welsh speaker whose flag is Y Ddraig Goch. I regard the butcher’s apron in the same way I do the US Confederate flag. But BBC Wales impartial on the football front? Do me a favour.

Great post

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024