Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brereton Diaz 10:43 - Aug 18 with 3178 viewskingslandstand1

What do we feel about yesterday's antics? Howe did at least admit because there was contact it was a red, but tore in to the theatrics, which also got the Geordies up in arms which apparently geed their players on
If it was against us we'd go ballistic, but do we want our players acting like that?
Brereton Diaz on 10:51 - Aug 18 with 2900 viewsPatfromPoole

TBH I was more bothered about why he was playing out on the wing when he is our main goal threat.

He looks a decent player to me.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Brereton Diaz on 10:55 - Aug 18 with 2863 viewsButty101

Brereton Diaz on 10:51 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

TBH I was more bothered about why he was playing out on the wing when he is our main goal threat.

He looks a decent player to me.

I love the fact we have someone who will wind the opposition up, i cant remember the last time we had a player like that. He will be a cult hero. Shame he didnt score one of his chances

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Brereton Diaz on 11:00 - Aug 18 with 2830 viewsIfonly

Fans are very hypocritical. I've seen plenty of shithousery from Newcastle in recent years. They go down injured when they need to slow the game down. Yet somehow the fans think they are the ones sinned against.

I'm hypocritical too. Shithousery like this is disgusting when other teams do it, but if it helps us survive I'm all for it.

Btw, refs are much to blame. It's the same with penalties. You have to make a big deal out of it for the ref to do anything. A good ref shouldn't be influenced by the player's reaction, just the incident itself. But that's not how our sh*t refs work, so the player has to exaggerate the incident for them to do anything.
Brereton Diaz on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 2812 viewskingslandstand1

Brereton Diaz on 10:55 - Aug 18 by Butty101

I love the fact we have someone who will wind the opposition up, i cant remember the last time we had a player like that. He will be a cult hero. Shame he didnt score one of his chances

I was surprised Howe didn't tell his players to wind him up to get that 2nd yellow
One thing Howe is good at is "gamesmanship" but just within the rules but frustrates the opposition so give him some back
Brereton Diaz on 12:36 - Aug 18 with 2610 viewsCity_boy

Brereton Diaz on 11:00 - Aug 18 by Ifonly

Fans are very hypocritical. I've seen plenty of shithousery from Newcastle in recent years. They go down injured when they need to slow the game down. Yet somehow the fans think they are the ones sinned against.

I'm hypocritical too. Shithousery like this is disgusting when other teams do it, but if it helps us survive I'm all for it.

Btw, refs are much to blame. It's the same with penalties. You have to make a big deal out of it for the ref to do anything. A good ref shouldn't be influenced by the player's reaction, just the incident itself. But that's not how our sh*t refs work, so the player has to exaggerate the incident for them to do anything.

Whilst I don't like to see players react this way, it did make up for when Jacob Murphy did a childish wave when Caleta-Car got sent off. What made it even better was Murphy was the one that got dragged off when Newcastle shuffled pack with 10 men.
[Post edited 18 Aug 12:36]
Brereton Diaz on 13:39 - Aug 18 with 2492 viewssledger

while i dont condone his antics howe is a bit of a hypocrite as his newcastle side are one of the biggest components of the dark cheating arts so it was a bit of a karma moment,shame we couldnt take advantage as we were the better side throughout.
Brereton Diaz on 13:41 - Aug 18 with 2492 viewsGasGiant

He;s a cheat and there should be a retrospective rule for incidents of simulation - a one game ban should see less of it. The fans are all cheated by gamesmanship and it balances out over a season so nobody wins in the end. Worse though, in this case it galvanised the opposition and their fans to up their game - if Diaz hadn't performed his theatrics at a time when Southampton looked more motivated and Newcastle more frustrated who knows what might have happened without that incident to fire them up?
Brereton Diaz on 13:44 - Aug 18 with 2486 viewsdirk_doone

Brereton Diaz on 13:41 - Aug 18 by GasGiant

He;s a cheat and there should be a retrospective rule for incidents of simulation - a one game ban should see less of it. The fans are all cheated by gamesmanship and it balances out over a season so nobody wins in the end. Worse though, in this case it galvanised the opposition and their fans to up their game - if Diaz hadn't performed his theatrics at a time when Southampton looked more motivated and Newcastle more frustrated who knows what might have happened without that incident to fire them up?

What would have happened? We'd have lost 4-0, so he saved us from a heavier defeat.

I have seen similar incidents to that many times and it always results in a red card.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Brereton Diaz on 14:11 - Aug 18 with 2404 viewsButty101

Brereton Diaz on 13:41 - Aug 18 by GasGiant

I suspect he would still have been sent off. You can’t aim a head but .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Brereton Diaz on 14:21 - Aug 18 with 2377 viewsSouthamptonfan

I like him. He looks a real nuisance and strong presence. The opposition will be wary of him and he will no doubt provide some entertainment. As long as his antics help us, I say crack on. The PL is full of unfairness, highly paid arrogant players and corruption. You either fight fire with fire, or not at all. I like the fact we aren't a "nice" team to play against. We need to do our own antics, if we are going to survive. The PL isn't fair. We are just fighting back in a way we can.
[Post edited 18 Aug 14:21]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Brereton Diaz on 15:11 - Aug 18 with 2254 viewsdelgado1

The next Terry Hurlock.
Brereton Diaz on 15:24 - Aug 18 with 2222 viewsBridders2

He looks a handful and likes mixing it up a bit. Would like to see him in the centre but, he needs the service required to get on the ball and score. Positive start.
Brereton Diaz on 15:30 - Aug 18 with 2171 viewskingslandstand1

Brereton Diaz on 14:21 - Aug 18 by Southamptonfan

I like him. He looks a real nuisance and strong presence. The opposition will be wary of him and he will no doubt provide some entertainment. As long as his antics help us, I say crack on. The PL is full of unfairness, highly paid arrogant players and corruption. You either fight fire with fire, or not at all. I like the fact we aren't a "nice" team to play against. We need to do our own antics, if we are going to survive. The PL isn't fair. We are just fighting back in a way we can.

I've just watched the MOTD highlights and we came across as the better team on the day with a few chances, and dare I say Brereton should have buried that header. He'd definitely had gained the cult status then! Even big ears said we were the better team and deserved more, but while Brereton's antics were deemed OTT, they all agreed a red card and that's part of the game, rightly or wrongly
Brereton Diaz on 15:55 - Aug 18 with 2137 viewsyateleysaint

Brereton Diaz on 12:36 - Aug 18 by City_boy

Whilst I don't like to see players react this way, it did make up for when Jacob Murphy did a childish wave when Caleta-Car got sent off. What made it even better was Murphy was the one that got dragged off when Newcastle shuffled pack with 10 men.
[Post edited 18 Aug 12:36]

I was desperate for one of our players to wave him off but no one did.

That was even more of a wasted opportunity than all the others!

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Brereton Diaz on 16:37 - Aug 18 with 2089 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Brereton Diaz on 14:21 - Aug 18 by Southamptonfan

Spot on Southamptonfan. RM said on a couple of occasions last season we were too nice as a team, but, then we laid down the gauntlet v West Brom in the play off 2nd leg at SMS with the fans outside the ground that delayed the West Brom team coach, they must have thought they’d arrived at Steaua Bucharest not Southampton! Then there were those extra portable barriers added all along the touchlines to stop their trademark long throws. It worked. BBD went down like a sack of spuds. it worked. Any other PL team’s players would not hesitate to do similar or the same if, for example, Alcarez was getting a bit hot under the collar and they saw an opportunity to get a good player sent off. So as far as I am concerned BBD can wind up who he likes if it gives us an advantage. One note of caution being remember VAR sees all so make sure there is actual contact or you will get done for simulation.
Brereton Diaz on 18:30 - Aug 18 with 1876 viewssaintmary5

Brereton Diaz on 13:39 - Aug 18 by sledger

while i dont condone his antics howe is a bit of a hypocrite as his newcastle side are one of the biggest components of the dark cheating arts so it was a bit of a karma moment,shame we couldnt take advantage as we were the better side throughout.

I agree with you and I am sure many of you here remember when Ralph Hasenhüttl was manager he Howe played dark arts in early 2021 when he managed to get a match with Southampton suspended because he argued 6 of his players had covid without any evidence and the FA agreed to this. I always remember Ralph going ballistic arguing that this was the first time the FA did this. Also Newcastle were in or near bottom 3 at that point before they were bought by or just bought by their current owners. Also the media at that time commented on how unusual that cancellation was!
Brereton Diaz on 20:18 - Aug 18 with 1753 viewsStAnt

Ask yourself what Guiamaeres would have done if say Jack Stephens did that to him. He'd have gone down as though shot by a sniper.
Brereton Diaz on 09:39 - Aug 19 with 1380 viewsGasGiant

Brereton Diaz on 18:30 - Aug 18 by saintmary5

I agree with you and I am sure many of you here remember when Ralph Hasenhüttl was manager he Howe played dark arts in early 2021 when he managed to get a match with Southampton suspended because he argued 6 of his players had covid without any evidence and the FA agreed to this. I always remember Ralph going ballistic arguing that this was the first time the FA did this. Also Newcastle were in or near bottom 3 at that point before they were bought by or just bought by their current owners. Also the media at that time commented on how unusual that cancellation was!

Sir sir, they did it first sir........ it goes on and on and on. Fans get cheated, and just because it sometimes works in their favour they keep tolerating it, then using some unrelated incident from seasons ago to justify it. Paraphrase Johnny Rotten - Do you ever get the feeling you;ve been cheated? Just remember that in a few games time when it;s a Southampton player sent off for an innocuous challenge, or a simulated dive in the box results in a penalty against Southampton. Sure as hell someone on Match of the Day will point out that Brereton Diaz fell over clutching his face in the opening game and the fans didn't complain at all.
Brereton Diaz on 10:07 - Aug 19 with 1337 viewssaint901

I'm with those who are embarrassed by the reaction.

Just because others do this doe snot make it "right".

Grow up and grow a pair.
Brereton Diaz on 10:37 - Aug 19 with 1290 viewsIanSouthstander

Brereton Diaz on 15:55 - Aug 18 by yateleysaint

I was desperate for one of our players to wave him off but no one did.

That was even more of a wasted opportunity than all the others!

Good point. I forgot about that.

Theres only one bloke to blame for the sending off and thats Schar.
Brereton Diaz on 16:37 - Aug 19 with 1082 viewsBerber

This

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Brereton Diaz on 17:18 - Aug 19 with 1042 viewsUTS1885

Its embarrasing and he simply had to bend over and there would have still been a red card.
Brereton Diaz on 17:34 - Aug 19 with 1024 viewsNumber_58

Looked to me like it was more of a coming together of heads than a proper headbutt. In fact, if the Newcastle lad had dived to the floor at exactly the same moment I wonder if both players would have been sent off. A bit like the classic boxing match episode of Porridge when Lenny Godber and his opponent had both been told to take a dive in round two so both of them hit the canvas simultaneously.
Brereton Diaz on 18:13 - Aug 19 with 998 viewsGRIM

Brereton Diaz on 20:18 - Aug 18 by StAnt

Ask yourself what Guiamaeres would have done if say Jack Stephens did that to him. He'd have gone down as though shot by a sniper.

You've only got to look at Bruno Guimares & he goes over as if shot.
Brereton Diaz on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 966 viewssaintwizzler

BBD got their player sent off and gave us a massive advantage in the game which we failed to take.
Well played BBD.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024