Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 03:04 - Jul 6 with 26079 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I'm a little off the pace right now - what's the story with Chrissy?

Is he in Girona?

Moving to Newcastle for 10m or to Sunderland for a bag of sweets?

Knuckling down for a campaign when he and we cream the Champ?

Succinct updates please.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Willock on 03:44 - Jul 6 with 5135 viewsfraserc

Succinct answer - no one knows.

Doesn't appear to be in Girona. No offers yet. We may be looking into giving him a two-year contract and wouldn't stand in his way if an offer came in.
Willock on 06:33 - Jul 6 with 4985 viewsGus_iom

At this moment, he is of no value to us.
My opinion of him drops by the hour
Willock on 07:41 - Jul 6 with 4844 viewsLblock

He’s being blown out by chunky monkey Northerners in beach bars
That is the most up to date info we have right now

More to follow…….

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Willock on 07:49 - Jul 6 with 4810 viewsStevenageRanger

Currently on holiday with the family. Posted pictures on Insta yesterday with his brother (Matty)

Not in Girona (unless the family holiday is there!!)
Willock on 08:19 - Jul 6 with 4700 viewsNorthernr

Succinct update - badly advised.

I think you've got to be realistic about where he is form and fitness wise and where the market is money wise.

Reportedly, and from what you hear, Willock would actually quite like to stay I think - got his mates here, we've got a good manager who he likes. But QPR have made multiple contract offers to him over years now, and have one on the table now (two years WLS says), but they want more money.

However, because of his form and his hamstrings, they're not getting the big free transfer offers they thought they would this summer. Hull had a sniff in January, as soon as they found his salary demands out they sniffed elsewhere. This summer I don't know who or what they were expecting but the interest is coming from, for example, West Brom, and more recently Cardiff.

So maybe they'll get a bit real over their demands and stay here, or make a nice sideways move in the Championship for the sake of a couple of quid. But, as said above, at the moment he's ponsing about on holiday posting bible verses about how this is all God's work and plan to his Instagram while everybody else is back in pre-season. Personally if I was QPR I'd be withdrawing the offer and moving on at this point, we've started what looks like a very intense pre-season two weeks ago if you're not here for that then tough I'm afraid. We might have something good going on here at last you either want to be part of that or you don't.

Funny that Matt Willock gets a mention above. Worth having a glance at his career. Like Chris, started at a massive club - Man Utd. Was at Salford but is now effectively retired at at 27, been without a club since 2022, because... they wanted too much money from Salford to renew his deal and wouldn't budge on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Willock on 08:26 - Jul 6 with 4666 viewsQPR_Jim

Willock on 08:19 - Jul 6 by Northernr

I think you've got to be realistic about where he is form and fitness wise and where the market is money wise.

Reportedly, and from what you hear, Willock would actually quite like to stay I think - got his mates here, we've got a good manager who he likes. But QPR have made multiple contract offers to him over years now, and have one on the table now (two years WLS says), but they want more money.

However, because of his form and his hamstrings, they're not getting the big free transfer offers they thought they would this summer. Hull had a sniff in January, as soon as they found his salary demands out they sniffed elsewhere. This summer I don't know who or what they were expecting but the interest is coming from, for example, West Brom, and more recently Cardiff.

So maybe they'll get a bit real over their demands and stay here, or make a nice sideways move in the Championship for the sake of a couple of quid. But, as said above, at the moment he's ponsing about on holiday posting bible verses about how this is all God's work and plan to his Instagram while everybody else is back in pre-season. Personally if I was QPR I'd be withdrawing the offer and moving on at this point, we've started what looks like a very intense pre-season two weeks ago if you're not here for that then tough I'm afraid. We might have something good going on here at last you either want to be part of that or you don't.

Funny that Matt Willock gets a mention above. Worth having a glance at his career. Like Chris, started at a massive club - Man Utd. Was at Salford but is now effectively retired at at 27, been without a club since 2022, because... they wanted too much money from Salford to renew his deal and wouldn't budge on it.

I was about to say the same about removing the offer. Effectively he'd have had a longer holiday than the rest of the team, not started preseason with them and got a pay rise out of it. We talk about setting standards and culture, this would be a quick way to undermine that.
Willock on 08:36 - Jul 6 with 4610 viewsHAYESBOY

Hoping he sees sense but its dragged on for too long now. Hopefully we have said this is our final offer. Please accept it. Marti wants him here and I think Willock could be back to his best under this management.
Also with Santos signing and looking like he will be used as a right winger, maybe we have moved on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Willock on 08:37 - Jul 6 with 4605 viewsBklynRanger

Don't laugh, but have there been any hints on from these spiritually uplifting insta-stories of him spending at least part of his day on fitness?

Something like "Really tough workout this morning but the lord will provide and whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger, Ecclesiastes 11", in front of a banana milkshake by the harbour?

That would be the only responsible thing under the circumstances.

If he's not even doing that I think I've definitely had enough now.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 08:43 - Jul 6 with 4552 viewsGloucs_R

Willock had one brilliant season and then the odd brilliant game.

I totally agree with what's been said above, sign now of fcuk off. I would rather have committed players and enthusiastic younger players pushing for his place than a disruptive money grabber.

Appreciate it's probably his dad / agent but sign or jog on.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Willock on 08:44 - Jul 6 with 4541 viewsstevec

Willock on 08:37 - Jul 6 by BklynRanger

Don't laugh, but have there been any hints on from these spiritually uplifting insta-stories of him spending at least part of his day on fitness?

Something like "Really tough workout this morning but the lord will provide and whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger, Ecclesiastes 11", in front of a banana milkshake by the harbour?

That would be the only responsible thing under the circumstances.

If he's not even doing that I think I've definitely had enough now.

Indeed. He has (or had) the ability but lacks the desire. Get rid.
Willock on 08:52 - Jul 6 with 4502 viewscyprusmel

If Willock wants to holiday with his family that's fine but if he is not out training with the other squad members, he cannot be part of our plans moving forward.

I don't think the other members of the team would be too happy if he turns up at a later date.

He has decided he doesn't want to do pre season with the other lads so it seems he has made his mind up to go elsewhere.

With the performances he put in last season, in my opinion it will not be a great loss.
He has turned in some excellent performances in the past but that's what it is, the past.
Willock on 08:56 - Jul 6 with 4468 viewsDannyPaddox

Message to Chrissy. Jesus may well be your personal trainer. But Jesus is currently in Girona.

Get your ass out there!
Willock on 09:20 - Jul 6 with 4355 viewsconnell10

Willock is a Pillock.....we move on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock on 09:25 - Jul 6 with 4322 viewsDaBurgh

Willock on 08:19 - Jul 6 by Northernr

It's all well and good to believe it is part of a divine plan when he thinks a better offer from a premier or top championship club is just around the corner. I don't have a problem with that. As long as he also accepts his player/coach roll at Farnborough FC in a few years time as also part of this plan.
Willock on 09:27 - Jul 6 with 4309 viewsfrancisbowles

The crux is at the moment he is not our player and can spend as much time as he wants on holiday. The potential reward for us, if he signs a new deal, is that he has a value again which we might be able to capitalise in the future.

However, there is a point where we have to move on and it's not very far away.
Willock on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 4235 viewsdmm

I'm another who has had enough of Willock. His ability may fit with the kind of football Cifuentes wants to play but, by all accounts, his attitude doesn't, and that's not only in respect to what's happening today. I'd be happier if he didn't return.
Willock on 09:44 - Jul 6 with 4231 viewsCateLeBonR

It’s all quite reminiscent of the 2010 summer and we all know what happened next! Except Willock isn’t Taarabt, Marti isn’t Warnock and Girona isn’t Tavistock. Also we don’t have much money.
Willock on 09:46 - Jul 6 with 4218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with those that say we should move on, and maybe should have by now.

Willock is now a free transfer. I'm not sure we would be interested in this risky free transfer signing with his injury record if he hadn't played for us before. And 'played for us before' dowsn't seem like a smart reason to sign someone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock on 10:02 - Jul 6 with 4133 viewsthehat

Agree with all the above comments - You have until noon today it's our final offer and if you don't sign the deal is off the table and we move on and release the news that "Chris Willock has left the club following the expiry of his contract"
Willock on 10:16 - Jul 6 with 4031 viewsLblock

Willock on 09:46 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with those that say we should move on, and maybe should have by now.

Willock is now a free transfer. I'm not sure we would be interested in this risky free transfer signing with his injury record if he hadn't played for us before. And 'played for us before' dowsn't seem like a smart reason to sign someone.

Excellent point Brian

If we were abouts to sign Joe Bloggs on a hefty two year contract with a release clause in his favour how would we all feel if the feedback from his previous club was that
He’d been a fantastic player 18 months ago but
He’s spent huge periods injured
In many return games he’d looked disinterested
Quite often looks scared to tackle a cheese sandwich on soft bread
Had a very demanding and aggressive Dad as his agent
Needs the manager constantly talking him through games as his mind wanders
He’d happily been on the beach rather than doing hard yards pre season

Knowing us we’d hold onto the fact that he’s capable of brilliance and a match winner “on his day”

Personally I was hoping he’d sign as I’ve loved watching him play in the past and I think Marti can get the best out of him
However….. thinking about him being on a sun lounger whilst the squad are giving it 100% intge Spanish heat changes my opinion a bit. I don’t think that’s on.

He’ll probably end up at Hull on a mega wage once Billy Jean signs for Ipswich for a huge fee.
If so….. bye bye

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Willock on 10:30 - Jul 6 with 3949 viewssaxbend

Yeah, it can't be good for morale if he misses pre-season and then waltzes in a bit later on more money. A few days ago I was feeling reassured that his departure hadn't been announced and he also hadn't been training with anyone else. Joining the squad in Girona a few days late after finally agreeing a new contract would have been fine. Now I feel it's too late for anything good to come out of that.

It also says a lot that other clubs with more money/headroom than we have haven't decided to swoop in and pay him what we can't. After a few days, that's no longer a sign that he's turning them down.

Eventually he may realise what a realistic wage demand looks like and some other club will be the beneficiary of his more fitting expectations in future, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be us.
Willock on 10:47 - Jul 6 with 3847 viewssprocket

Thing is...according to WLS he will likely sign a 2 year deal with an lowish clause to allow him and the club to part ways amicably. It's slightly bizzare that he's not already signed with the players in Spain. I'm not really fussed what he does to be honest but would like it if he just got the fu!k on with it.
Willock on 10:54 - Jul 6 with 3804 viewsted_hendrix

Our squad are 'back at work' and as far as I can read he hasn't or doesn't want to be 'back at work' with them.

The only conclusion I can make is he can stay where he Is permanently holidaying himself into obscurity or go and join whoever will have him, no animosity from me.

He has left the building.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Willock on 11:14 - Jul 6 with 3719 viewsGroveR

I'm no sports psychologist but with his previous I'd be putting in every hour I can in pre-season doing Nordic curls.
Willock on 11:36 - Jul 6 with 3617 viewskernowhoop

I have enjoyed watching Chris at his best at QPR. But, the way that this saga has dragged on means that he has to go. The focus must be on the players that are contracted. I wish him well, somewhere else.s
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024