Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improved train service for the Cardiff area 06:26 - May 31 with 4796 viewsWhiterockin

Meanwhile in the west nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c888j7722q6o
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:48 - Jun 1 with 821 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:44 - Jun 1 by controversial_jack

Driverless systems don't work on main lines only on some metros. It costs too much to install the signals, and many other factors too

That's not my post.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 17:57 - Jun 1 with 750 viewsmajorraglan

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 08:29 - Jun 1 by Boundy

Where is the bus station in Llansamlet ?

The train station in Llansamlet is just off Peniel Green Road.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 695 viewsReslovenSwan1

I walked all those lines in my time on the railways. There is a very nice scenic single line from Tondu to Port Talbot.

Swansea has the Central Wales line and the scenic line to Carmarthen.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 20:30 - Jun 1 with 692 viewsSullutaCreturned

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 17:57 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

Frederick place right by the Chemists and Doctors surgery.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 07:56 - Jun 7 with 563 viewsAnotherJohn

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:38 - Jun 1 by Whiterockin

You could start with hourly shuttle trains from Margam, Britton Ferry, Neath, Skewen, Llansamlet to Swansea and decent parking at each station.

Opening a station at Morfa Parc would be too much to ask for. This would be used not only on match day.
[Post edited 1 Jun 12:40]

The discussion got me thinking about what improved rail infrastructure in the Swansea area might mean. Back in 2017 the Welsh Government hinted at possible reopening of the stations at Landore (Morfa) and Cockett. I suppose that has gone on the backburner now?
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 525 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 07:56 - Jun 7 by AnotherJohn

The discussion got me thinking about what improved rail infrastructure in the Swansea area might mean. Back in 2017 the Welsh Government hinted at possible reopening of the stations at Landore (Morfa) and Cockett. I suppose that has gone on the backburner now?

Getting out onto high street isn't the most inspiring first impression of the city and it's a long walk into the city, especially if it's pissing down
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:59 - Jun 7 with 522 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:53 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

Getting out onto high street isn't the most inspiring first impression of the city and it's a long walk into the city, especially if it's pissing down

Regular busses every 5 minutes from the train station to the kingsway and quadrant.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:04 - Jun 7 with 508 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:59 - Jun 7 by Whiterockin

Regular busses every 5 minutes from the train station to the kingsway and quadrant.

Thanks, i wasn't aware of that
Login to get fewer ads

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:05 - Jun 7 with 508 viewsraynor94

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 10:53 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

When was the last time you got off a train at High Street?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:45 - Jun 7 with 498 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 17:57 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

Yes but that's not a bus station which is what I thought you were alluding to. , my mistake.
[Post edited 7 Jun 11:46]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:49 - Jun 7 with 493 viewsBoundy

Anything else you disapprove of, the High street has changed beyond all recognition with a new arts centre , local shops and now with the renovation of the Palace Theatre , at least people are trying to improve a much maligned area of my City.

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:53 - Jun 7 with 490 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:05 - Jun 7 by raynor94

When was the last time you got off a train at High Street?

Not for a few months, but if i do I head up towards the Liberty, no reason to go into the City
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:55 - Jun 7 with 489 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:49 - Jun 7 by Boundy

Anything else you disapprove of, the High street has changed beyond all recognition with a new arts centre , local shops and now with the renovation of the Palace Theatre , at least people are trying to improve a much maligned area of my City.

Let's hope they succeed, but it needs to. It's one of the most desperate areas of any city i have seen
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:58 - Jun 7 with 491 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:49 - Jun 7 by Boundy

The increase of student accommodation in the area is the driving force behind the change in my opinion. Some do not appreciate the major impact the university is having on the development and finances of the Swansea area. We are slowly becoming a major university city.
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:30 - Jun 7 with 475 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:55 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

Let's hope they succeed, but it needs to. It's one of the most desperate areas of any city i have seen

You're obviously not much travelled then ,I must say you're trying too hard again though and it shows .

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:47 - Jun 7 with 460 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:30 - Jun 7 by Boundy

You're obviously not much travelled then ,I must say you're trying too hard again though and it shows .

Tell me an area near any railway station in the Uk that's as bad as high street. Sorry, but it's an absolute dump
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:58 - Jun 7 with 439 viewsraynor94

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 11:55 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

Exactly years ago, as Boundy said they are doing an excellent job om modernising High Street.

You haven't noticed the student accommodations as you walk out of the station, and the Grand is great for food and drink

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:12 - Jun 7 with 429 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:58 - Jun 7 by raynor94

Exactly years ago, as Boundy said they are doing an excellent job om modernising High Street.

You haven't noticed the student accommodations as you walk out of the station, and the Grand is great for food and drink

You don't set your sights very high, do you?
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:28 - Jun 7 with 425 viewsraynor94

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:12 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

You don't set your sights very high, do you?

Oh silly me, you don't eat out do you, and I'm suprised you use a train when you have that top of the range BMW on the drive

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:37 - Jun 7 with 414 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:47 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

Tell me an area near any railway station in the Uk that's as bad as high street. Sorry, but it's an absolute dump

Then stay away if it offends you that much , you won't be missed .

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:45 - Jun 7 with 410 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:28 - Jun 7 by raynor94

Oh silly me, you don't eat out do you, and I'm suprised you use a train when you have that top of the range BMW on the drive

Only when i want a drink
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:46 - Jun 7 with 409 viewscontroversial_jack

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:37 - Jun 7 by Boundy

Then stay away if it offends you that much , you won't be missed .

I don't need your approval
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:51 - Jun 7 with 406 viewsBoundy

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:46 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

I don't need your approval

You're not going to get it .

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 13:53 - Jun 7 with 407 viewsWhiterockin

Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 12:47 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

You are trying to be controversial but you are just making yourself look silly.

Firstly the area around high street station is vastly improved on 18 months ago a bares no resemblance it is now more than acceptableand still improving.

You statement about tell you about a station area as bad as High St. I use public transport extensively and have been to dozens of stations in Wales and hundreds in the UK. In Wales Newport is not the best, stations in the Barry area are quite an eyesore and there are many on the valley lines the same. As for Scotland, Glasgow has some really run down areas around stations particularly on the outskirts, Edinburgh not so bad, but still one or two far worse than Swansea. Drop into England where do you start. Cities like Liverpool and the Mersey Line are full of dumps as there are in Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and many cities. London overground stations have many worse as well, as has Bristol. The list is endless.
[Post edited 7 Jun 13:54]
Improved train service for the Cardiff area on 18:30 - Jun 7 with 321 viewsDr_Winston

Yep. Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester makes Swansea High St look like Monte Carlo. The area around Bristol main bus station is also grotty as hell.

Still, trolls gotta troll.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024