Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 more wins...... 23:41 - Jan 2 with 3155 viewsVetchfieldpasties

......gets us over the magical 40 points. Looking at our remaining fixtures, and hopefully a few intelligent signings, can't see why can't have an extremely good end to season.

Fulham (h)
West Ham (a)
Cardiff (h)
Palace (h)
West Brom (h)
Norwich (h)
Villa (h)

Plus odd point in other games we could match last years points total.

Or is this too positive for most on here.

If so I'll add in JDG is shite at corners!!
7 more wins...... on 23:54 - Jan 2 with 3102 viewsKingBony

Sounds reasonable

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

7 more wins...... on 23:59 - Jan 2 with 3075 viewsJBT95

7 more wins! We've only won 5 of 20 so far, with two home wins from 10. This is what I mean by our home form is shockingly bad and people bury their heads in the sands saying it is not.

From those 7 games highlighted we won 3 of the reverse fixtures, and all of those teams have since changed managers and are on a better run than us.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 0:01]
7 more wins...... on 00:09 - Jan 3 with 3055 viewsVetchfieldpasties

Reverse fixtures being away you mean??

Which one in particular looks like a no go??

Could have put up Spurs at home, or Southampton at home but didn't.

Agree some can be over positive but equally some who are ridiculously negative.

Permission to panic Mr Mannering comes to mind!!
7 more wins...... on 01:18 - Jan 3 with 2969 viewsscottishjack

Yep, I would go with the OP on those results, only to add that if we didn't manage one of them, I can't see 40 points being the standard this year.
7 more wins...... on 01:39 - Jan 3 with 2942 viewsbuilthjack

7 more wins...... on 01:18 - Jan 3 by scottishjack

Yep, I would go with the OP on those results, only to add that if we didn't manage one of them, I can't see 40 points being the standard this year.

If we play like we did against city we are likely to get those wins, it's up to our players to perform, and we need bony to put in a shift every game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

7 more wins...... on 01:44 - Jan 3 with 2937 viewsscottishjack

7 more wins...... on 01:39 - Jan 3 by builthjack

If we play like we did against city we are likely to get those wins, it's up to our players to perform, and we need bony to put in a shift every game.

I think so too, I mean if we fall short in one of them, I still think it will be enough. As they said, add in a couple of bonus points and we'll be fine.
7 more wins...... on 01:57 - Jan 3 with 2921 viewsbuilthjack

7 more wins...... on 01:44 - Jan 3 by scottishjack

I think so too, I mean if we fall short in one of them, I still think it will be enough. As they said, add in a couple of bonus points and we'll be fine.

Am sure we will be fine

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

7 more wins...... on 02:04 - Jan 3 with 2915 viewswestside

5 wins could be enough

and get vorm back asap
Login to get fewer ads

7 more wins...... on 07:15 - Jan 3 with 2801 viewsshingle

Well let`s hope we can win these games as we have been unable to win our home games against the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Hull etc.
7 more wins...... on 07:25 - Jan 3 with 2784 viewsDr_Winston

Play like we have in the last few games and those are definitely winnable. Performances are picking up so the results will begin to follow. A couple of good additions in this window makes that even more likely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

7 more wins...... on 09:56 - Jan 3 with 2613 viewsmonmouth

It won't work out anything like that. When did we last win at Upton park or against narch (or Lambert) in the PL? The cruds has a draw written all over it too. Far more likely that we'll do Totty over in my opinion, and Soton. We owe them one. We'll get a big away win at some stage too. I hope it's in the league. The team needs to perform like Wednesday in every game, then the points will come from somewhere and we'll end up mid forties. The time to start is now though, before pressure really ramps up. If we still have 21 points at the fulham game or 21/22 at the scum game, it will all be a bit tense.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

7 more wins...... on 10:06 - Jan 3 with 2574 viewsQuakerJack

If we don't win those games we deserve to go down.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

7 more wins...... on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 2486 viewsjacksinceever

7 more wins...... on 07:15 - Jan 3 by shingle

Well let`s hope we can win these games as we have been unable to win our home games against the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Hull etc.

Play like we did against Newcastle, Everton & Man City and we'll cross the safety line no danger.
Give Bony a long run and he'll score many more before the season's out. Incredible on Wednesday that he he could have scored 3 or 4 against one of the best teams in Europe.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 11:24]
7 more wins...... on 12:58 - Jan 3 with 2301 viewsItchySphincter

Personally I don't think we'll do anything other than flirt with danger this year. Can't see us winning seven though. My guess is 37 points keeps you up this year and we'll be a win and a couple of draws better than that. Next year we are going to be amazing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

7 more wins...... on 13:07 - Jan 3 with 2280 viewsWinchWenJack

7 more wins...... on 07:15 - Jan 3 by shingle

Still waiting for people to realise why. It's no coincidence we play better football against teams that don't come to park the bus. It's no secret Arsenal have struggled against the same teams, over the years. It's difficult to play a short passing game against 11 defenders. When we play away, teams generally have to attack us.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

7 more wins...... on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 2270 viewsJackFish

We've also got Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle and Hull away. No reason we couldn't pick up a win or two against those.
7 more wins...... on 13:12 - Jan 3 with 2265 viewsDr_Winston

A win at Stoke is long overdue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

7 more wins...... on 18:29 - Jan 3 with 2062 viewsshingle

7 more wins...... on 13:07 - Jan 3 by WinchWenJack

Still waiting for people to realise why. It's no coincidence we play better football against teams that don't come to park the bus. It's no secret Arsenal have struggled against the same teams, over the years. It's difficult to play a short passing game against 11 defenders. When we play away, teams generally have to attack us.

Does not matter if people do not realise why we are not beating these teams really does it.
7 more wins...... on 19:15 - Jan 3 with 1993 viewsCatullus

If we continue to play as we did against Citeh then I'll agree with most of those. I have my doubts about WHU and cardiff is always trickier (form rarely comes into it!!)
But if we do get a couple of decent additions to bolster a squad hit by injuries, Bony plays whenever he's fit and we carry on getting in behind and actually giving him good chances then I think we'll do at least 5 of the wins in that list and pick up points at other fixtures too.
Villa and Citeh (despite only getting one point) have actually made me more optimistic. back to back games where we looked like we wanted it a bit more, where we were more offensive minded.
I think I'll add a caveat though, as well as Bony I want Lamah to start too. Whenever he plays with Bony we look like scoring. Or Wilf does anyway!!
A lot of people must have noticed Wilfs reaction (when we sang his name after his first goal against Citeh) he was urging us to sing up. I think he's feeling the love and feeling more confident. Something all of us have to be happy with. A confident striker is always good!!
I still have concerns about JDG, surely someone else has to take our set pieces. We know he's capable but maybe his confidence is low? But his contribution in open play (One on one miss excepted) was pretty good. So lets allow him to only worry about open play and have someone else try and beat the first man at corners, lets have Lamah or JJS take free kicks.
With one or two new faces, Michu and Dyer back and Bony being confident I'm goona put my neck out there and say we'll be comfortable with 3/4 games to go!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

7 more wins...... on 19:21 - Jan 3 with 1979 viewshammy

I think we'll get another 5 wins and 4/5 draws, so just enough !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

7 more wins...... on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 1951 viewsMrSwerve

The thing is you can't predict the Premier League. We could beat United away and lose to Palace at home.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

7 more wins...... on 20:20 - Jan 3 with 1899 viewsGlyn1

Just remember last season:

Fulham (h) - We lost.
West Ham (a) - We lost.
West Brom (h) - We won.
Norwich (h) - We lost.
Aston Villa (h) - We drew.

Giving us 4 points out of a possible 15.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

7 more wins...... on 22:26 - Jan 3 with 1807 viewsCatullus

7 more wins...... on 20:20 - Jan 3 by Glyn1

Just remember last season:

Fulham (h) - We lost.
West Ham (a) - We lost.
West Brom (h) - We won.
Norwich (h) - We lost.
Aston Villa (h) - We drew.

Giving us 4 points out of a possible 15.

But a lot has changed since then!!

Or should I he saying remember what happened in 1981? It's just as relevant!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024