Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Night Chat 19:39 - Nov 15 with 6607 viewsLord_Bony

I find myself preferring to stay in on a Friday these days. Used to love pub life but now I m more of a home bird, You know couple of cans ,take away curry,good film etc etc. Pubs especially in town centres are not as busy as before it seems.

Tonights topic

Do you think the pubs are getting quieter these days?

Do you prefer to stay at home?

What ya all drinking then?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Friday Night Chat on 17:41 - Nov 16 with 953 viewsswancity

Friday Night Chat on 17:38 - Nov 16 by exiledclaseboy

I think he did mean it literally. I asked him the direct question and he answered in the affirmative. I think he's just a bit strange.

What are your views on smoking in the same room as kids then? And don't you think that is someone else's business if you did?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Friday Night Chat on 17:44 - Nov 16 with 948 viewsexiledclaseboy

Friday Night Chat on 17:41 - Nov 16 by swancity

What are your views on smoking in the same room as kids then? And don't you think that is someone else's business if you did?

I don't smoke in the same room as kids, it's irresponsible as I said about two pages ago. I also think those that do are irresponsible but not on a par with child sex abusers, as dgt maintains they are.

How would you ensure that no one smokes in the same room as kids?

Poll: Tory leader

Friday Night Chat on 17:46 - Nov 16 with 938 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 17:38 - Nov 16 by exiledclaseboy

I think he did mean it literally. I asked him the direct question and he answered in the affirmative. I think he's just a bit strange.

So im strange for believing that smoking in front of children constitutes child abuse. There are many different types of child abuse from verbal, sexual, to child murders. If you want to categorize them thats up to you, if you have kids and smoke in front of them I pity them.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2013 17:48]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Friday Night Chat on 17:47 - Nov 16 with 936 viewsexiledclaseboy

Friday Night Chat on 17:46 - Nov 16 by dgt73

So im strange for believing that smoking in front of children constitutes child abuse. There are many different types of child abuse from verbal, sexual, to child murders. If you want to categorize them thats up to you, if you have kids and smoke in front of them I pity them.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2013 17:48]

You're strange for thinking that those who smoke in front of kids are on a par with child sex abusers like Jimmy Savile.

Friday Night Chat on 17:49 - Nov 16 with 932 viewsswancity

Friday Night Chat on 17:44 - Nov 16 by exiledclaseboy

I don't smoke in the same room as kids, it's irresponsible as I said about two pages ago. I also think those that do are irresponsible but not on a par with child sex abusers, as dgt maintains they are.

How would you ensure that no one smokes in the same room as kids?

It's difficult to control but smoking indoors shouldn't be allowed, anywhere

And smoking in the same room as kids is criminal

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Friday Night Chat on 17:51 - Nov 16 with 927 viewsexiledclaseboy

Friday Night Chat on 17:49 - Nov 16 by swancity

It's difficult to control but smoking indoors shouldn't be allowed, anywhere

And smoking in the same room as kids is criminal

It's impossible to enforce not difficult but I accept the point of view. As I said I don't smoke in front of kids. I've had my four day old great-nephew here most of the afternoon, his mother would've swung for me if I'd even thought about lighting up in his presence. And quite right too. Although he emits for more noxious smells than my ciggies do!!

Friday Night Chat on 17:54 - Nov 16 with 919 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 17:47 - Nov 16 by exiledclaseboy

You're strange for thinking that those who smoke in front of kids are on a par with child sex abusers like Jimmy Savile.

You crack on, in 50yrs time people will look back on people who smoke in front of children in the same way as we look upon adults who sent children to clean chimneys 150yrs ago. Shocking.

Friday Night Chat on 17:55 - Nov 16 with 916 viewsexiledclaseboy

Friday Night Chat on 17:54 - Nov 16 by dgt73

You crack on, in 50yrs time people will look back on people who smoke in front of children in the same way as we look upon adults who sent children to clean chimneys 150yrs ago. Shocking.

You seem to think I'm condoning smoking in front of children.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday Night Chat on 17:56 - Nov 16 with 913 viewsDarran

Friday Night Chat on 17:54 - Nov 16 by dgt73

F*cking hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Friday Night Chat on 18:00 - Nov 16 with 902 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 17:56 - Nov 16 by Darran

F*cking hell.

What's so funny.

Friday Night Chat on 18:02 - Nov 16 with 900 viewsDarran

Friday Night Chat on 18:00 - Nov 16 by dgt73

What's so funny.

You,you're hilarious.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Friday Night Chat on 18:02 - Nov 16 with 899 viewsItchySphincter

Friday Night Chat on 17:39 - Nov 16 by Darran

He hasn't said he does FFS.

I thought that, some are thick aye.

So is this dgt73 chap shwmie then, yes or no?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Friday Night Chat on 18:03 - Nov 16 with 898 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 18:02 - Nov 16 by Darran

You,you're hilarious.

Thanks for that.

Friday Night Chat on 18:07 - Nov 16 with 893 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 18:02 - Nov 16 by ItchySphincter

I thought that, some are thick aye.

So is this dgt73 chap shwmie then, yes or no?

Ffs not you too. I am not that guy whoever he is. He must of been an interesting guy tho if you're comparing me to him.

Friday Night Chat on 18:08 - Nov 16 with 892 viewsItchySphincter

Smoking with the kids present, in the house, in the car, etc is quite obviously wrong and personally it wouldn't bother me to see it made a criminal act.

I go so far as to say warming a baby's milk up in a microwave should be banned too. Nukeing food is not good and kids cannot make a choice.

Friday Night Chat on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 889 viewsItchySphincter

Friday Night Chat on 18:07 - Nov 16 by dgt73

Ffs not you too. I am not that guy whoever he is. He must of been an interesting guy tho if you're comparing me to him.

Don't worry about it, it's just that he was a bit of a tit an'all.

Friday Night Chat on 18:13 - Nov 16 with 889 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 18:08 - Nov 16 by ItchySphincter

Smoking with the kids present, in the house, in the car, etc is quite obviously wrong and personally it wouldn't bother me to see it made a criminal act.

I go so far as to say warming a baby's milk up in a microwave should be banned too. Nukeing food is not good and kids cannot make a choice.

Microwave ovens work by making the water molecules rub together, nothing to do with nukeing as you refer too.

Friday Night Chat on 18:16 - Nov 16 with 885 viewsItchySphincter

Friday Night Chat on 18:13 - Nov 16 by dgt73

Microwave ovens work by making the water molecules rub together, nothing to do with nukeing as you refer too.

Radiation.

M I C R O W A V E - geddit?

Friday Night Chat on 19:08 - Nov 16 with 870 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 18:16 - Nov 16 by ItchySphincter

Radiation.

And what radiation is that then.?

Friday Night Chat on 19:13 - Nov 16 with 865 viewsGrandPrix

Friday Night Chat on 18:16 - Nov 16 by ItchySphincter

Radiation.

Cooking with Microwaves -
Microwaves are produced inside the oven by an electron tube called a magnetron. The microwaves are reflected within the metal interior of the oven where they are absorbed by food. Microwaves cause water molecules in food to vibrate, producing heat that cooks the food. That's why foods high in water content, like fresh vegetables, can be cooked more quickly than other foods. The microwave energy is changed to heat as it is absorbed by food, and does not make food “radioactive” or "contaminated."

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Friday Night Chat on 19:18 - Nov 16 with 857 viewsdgt73

Friday Night Chat on 19:13 - Nov 16 by GrandPrix

Cooking with Microwaves -
Microwaves are produced inside the oven by an electron tube called a magnetron. The microwaves are reflected within the metal interior of the oven where they are absorbed by food. Microwaves cause water molecules in food to vibrate, producing heat that cooks the food. That's why foods high in water content, like fresh vegetables, can be cooked more quickly than other foods. The microwave energy is changed to heat as it is absorbed by food, and does not make food “radioactive” or "contaminated."

Exactly. All to do with water molecules. Nothing to do with radiation ffs some people.

Friday Night Chat on 20:50 - Nov 16 with 836 viewsFree_Willy

The question is should the children be taken away from the smoking parents and put into the care system or should all smokers be castrated.
Friday Night Chat on 08:38 - Nov 17 with 789 viewsGrandPrix

Friday Night Chat on 20:50 - Nov 16 by Free_Willy

The question is should the children be taken away from the smoking parents and put into the care system or should all smokers be castrated.

Or get Santa to bring the kids a space suit, deep sea diving suit or scuba diving kit.......with a few oxygen refills of course, problem solved

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Friday Night Chat on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 762 viewsLord_Bony

Friday Night Chat on 09:36 - Nov 16 by Darran

There's no doubt the smoking ban has had an impact on pubs but if you want to look at the real reason these days you need to compare the price of grog in the pub to the price of grog in the supermarket.

Just come back from Witherspoons.did you know they are running a campaign to lower VAT On food and drink sold in pubs.its currently charged at 20% while in supermarkets it s zero?unfair competition really.

They reckon it would creat 600,000 jobs if vat was lowered,I agree it makes a lot businesses uncompetitive .

Would definitely get people spending more in pubs if the government lowered it.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/pubs-group-wetherspoo

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Friday Night Chat on 17:01 - Nov 17 with 750 viewsItchySphincter

Friday Night Chat on 19:18 - Nov 16 by dgt73

Exactly. All to do with water molecules. Nothing to do with radiation ffs some people.

Nothing to do with radiation? FFS. It may be considered non harmful but it is a fvcking microwave yeah? You know what a microwave is right? It is electromagnetic radiation but is not considered a cancer risk as is non ionizing as opposed to ionising. Nothing to do with radiation my @rse. I prefer not to use one unless absolutely necessary but you fill your boots.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024