Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vázquez 12:29 - Oct 21 with 3968 viewsTom1912

Haven't seen this mentioned but I thought his movement was excellent when he came on.

Bust a gut chasing them down, which was good to see but what I was really pleased to see, was his movement when we were in possession.

As we moved over the half way line he was always moving and looking for space-you could almost sense the despair from the likes of O'Shea who must have been a bit fed up that after a grueling 75 minutes and at 4-0 down, he was going to have keep up with a 22 year old with fully charged batteries.

It created space for others and gave our players a possible option, which hopefully in the future can be exploited a little more.

Think he's got a lot of potential. Certainly a different type of option to Bony.
Vázquez on 13:23 - Oct 21 with 3187 viewstreboethjack

I noticed that too, would personally like to see more of him. Even at 4-0 he was running back to the half way line pressuring their players. Good player.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Vázquez on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 3142 viewsairedale

Ditto.
Vázquez on 14:47 - Oct 21 with 2969 viewsDewi1jack

Vázquez on 13:31 - Oct 21 by airedale

Ditto.

Be nice if we could buy him on the cheap (clause in the loan to buy anytime?)
Think he is going to be a good asset to any club that gets him.
Or does the way we play just suit certain players?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Vázquez on 15:22 - Oct 21 with 2902 viewsJackSomething

Exactly the kind of player we want coming on late in a game when we're leading (or clinging on to a draw maybe). Perhaps not the best goalscorer (yet), but will work his socks off.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Vázquez on 05:34 - Oct 22 with 2570 viewsmljonzy

I thought he looked hungry and seemed like he really wants to be a big part of our plans this season. For a long time I have been desperate to see a striker with pace and a hard worker. I also loved the way he was direct running in behind defenders and harrassing them.
Vázquez on 07:08 - Oct 22 with 2539 viewswr72

He's most certainly an improvement on our last 2nd choice striker.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 7:08]
Vázquez on 07:21 - Oct 22 with 2524 viewsairedale

As Dewi above says, some players just seem to fit. Emnes was a good example.
Vázquez on 07:33 - Oct 22 with 2509 viewsDr_Winston

Vázquez on 07:08 - Oct 22 by wr72

He's most certainly an improvement on our last 2nd choice striker.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 7:08]

Not hard.

Like what I've seen of him so far, although talk of a permanent deal is a little premature IMO. He's got the right instincts when it comes to playing our way. Given time he could be a valuable asset.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Vázquez on 07:53 - Oct 22 with 2482 viewsThe_Kev

Vázquez on 15:22 - Oct 21 by JackSomething

Exactly the kind of player we want coming on late in a game when we're leading (or clinging on to a draw maybe). Perhaps not the best goalscorer (yet), but will work his socks off.

Exactly, strikers that can score are over rated anyway, what we really need us someone who can run, running is the key to success.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 7:54]
Vázquez on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 2411 viewsJackSomething

Vázquez on 07:53 - Oct 22 by The_Kev

Exactly, strikers that can score are over rated anyway, what we really need us someone who can run, running is the key to success.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 7:54]

There are some in our support who would start him ahead of Bony purely because he runs about a bit. True story.

What I was saying is that he's a good sub to have to come on when we're looking to close a game down. If we're chasing a goal, I want Bony out there. If we're looking to hold on to a narrow lead, Vasquez will work harder to shut the opposition down. Not something that was a strength of Moore or Itay last year.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Vázquez on 09:21 - Oct 22 with 2402 viewswr72

Vázquez on 07:33 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Not hard.

Like what I've seen of him so far, although talk of a permanent deal is a little premature IMO. He's got the right instincts when it comes to playing our way. Given time he could be a valuable asset.

He's a trier,theres no doubt about that but whether he has the quality to link up and chip in with the odd goal remains to be seen.

Like the look of him though.
Vázquez on 09:23 - Oct 22 with 2400 viewsjruss1

Last time we played 3 games in a week he got a start at Palace. I assume the plan maybe the same this week, but I suspect he'll play Thursday rather than West Ham which suits a more physicaly forward like Bony.
Vázquez on 09:29 - Oct 22 with 2387 viewsyescomeon

Don't get what people see myself, not done enough for a start for me. Nowhere near the same level as Bony, nice to have options though he's certainly a different type of striker to Bony.

Upthecity!

Vázquez on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 2377 viewswr72

Vázquez on 09:29 - Oct 22 by yescomeon

Don't get what people see myself, not done enough for a start for me. Nowhere near the same level as Bony, nice to have options though he's certainly a different type of striker to Bony.

I think some of us are comparing him to the last fella we had on loan.Hardly surprising,is it?
Vázquez (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 2372 viewsyescomeon

Vázquez on 09:33 - Oct 22 by wr72

I think some of us are comparing him to the last fella we had on loan.Hardly surprising,is it?

Upthecity!

Vázquez (n/t) on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 2363 viewsyescomeon

Vázquez (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 22 by yescomeon

So far, if I'm honest, he reminds me of that certin fellah. Aside from a good bit of work to keep the ball in play to set up I goal I can't say I've seen him do much so far.

Upthecity!

Vázquez on 09:48 - Oct 22 with 2345 viewsTom1912

There's a big difference between Shecter's headless chicken efforts and the way in which Vásquez tries to pull defenders out of position and create space for others. He might not be the complete package yet (it seems his finishing needs work) but it seems he has potential.
Vázquez on 10:53 - Oct 22 with 2270 viewsperchrockjack

No what we d like is to see ,for example,Bony putting more pressure on the opposition back four as all the great strkets do /did;Ian Rush the best example. Unless you are of the highest standard and bury every chance given its a bit of a luxury.
As has been posted previously he has potential-he should have for what we paid- but he has to work physically and any comparisons with any other player is irrelevant.
I think and hope that soon we ll see him bearing down on goal and flaying everyone in his path before hitting the back of the net.
He s a significant investment and I agree we ve got to be patient but at the same time he s got to produce the goods.
Final word about His getting te ball from Michu for the pen. CLASS ACT FORM SENOR M

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vázquez on 11:07 - Oct 22 with 2227 viewswr72

Vázquez on 10:53 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

No what we d like is to see ,for example,Bony putting more pressure on the opposition back four as all the great strkets do /did;Ian Rush the best example. Unless you are of the highest standard and bury every chance given its a bit of a luxury.
As has been posted previously he has potential-he should have for what we paid- but he has to work physically and any comparisons with any other player is irrelevant.
I think and hope that soon we ll see him bearing down on goal and flaying everyone in his path before hitting the back of the net.
He s a significant investment and I agree we ve got to be patient but at the same time he s got to produce the goods.
Final word about His getting te ball from Michu for the pen. CLASS ACT FORM SENOR M

7 in 13 games or 1 in 2.And he'll never be an Ian Rush type player because Rush was Liverpool's first line of defence.Bony's game doesn't revolve around chasing down defenders,he prefers to conserve his energy for when a chance becomes available.And it's didfficult to argue with those stats.
Vázquez on 11:11 - Oct 22 with 2222 viewsshandyjack

whats the point in needlessly harrassing the defenders near there own box when 9/10 they just pass it around you and you have wasted energy chasing a nothing ball. Rarely do you see this sort of action leading to something other than a punt down the field

Poll: Expectation for the season

Vázquez on 11:17 - Oct 22 with 2211 viewsSwanfan1

Yes, there is a clause in the option to buy him for 1 or 2M. quid
at the end of the season

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Vázquez on 11:39 - Oct 22 with 2178 viewswr72

Vázquez on 11:11 - Oct 22 by shandyjack

whats the point in needlessly harrassing the defenders near there own box when 9/10 they just pass it around you and you have wasted energy chasing a nothing ball. Rarely do you see this sort of action leading to something other than a punt down the field

You've got to close defendrs down mun.But luckily we have Michu to do that.Have you seen the number of times he chases pass backs to the goalie and sometimes (West ham) it comes off.
Vázquez on 11:43 - Oct 22 with 2165 viewsshandyjack

i'd rather my lone CF conserved his energy for when it matters in a game, not knacker himself out closing down a defender who will just play it around him. But different people like to set their teams out in different ways i suppose

Poll: Expectation for the season

Vázquez on 12:18 - Oct 22 with 2099 viewshobo

Vázquez on 11:17 - Oct 22 by Swanfan1

Yes, there is a clause in the option to buy him for 1 or 2M. quid
at the end of the season

I think it's £2.5m. He's certainly worth it based on early showings.
Vázquez on 12:29 - Oct 22 with 2074 viewsUxbridge

He's a very different option, and we need those. Too early to say if he's up to muster but he's miles better than the Israeli Messi.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024