Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal 19:26 - Sep 28 with 6639 viewsSwanfan1

ML Gave too much respect to Arseanal, we should have started with Bony, and just went into 6th gear from the start and whatever happens we should have seen it just as a bonus.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Arsenal on 19:32 - Sep 28 with 5424 viewsBloodyhills

I agree, should have played with a striker from the off with Michu in the hole where he was much more effective last season. It seemed pretty negative not playing with a striker at home. We live and learn, hopefully.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Arsenal on 19:34 - Sep 28 with 5411 viewswr72

It was all rather re-active today rather than pro-active.Very predictable outcome i thought.
Arsenal on 19:39 - Sep 28 with 5380 viewsPozuelosSideys

I thought the overall performance was passable. But yet another brainfart 5 minutes against Arsenal and we concede twice. Same happened last year as well.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Arsenal on 19:51 - Sep 28 with 5320 viewsjojaca

I totally agree, negative before we have even kick a ball. We are leaving massive gaps between defense and Midfield. We can build 3 rows of housing estates in that gap. Give too much respect for opposition today. We are home, we should be positive from the start. Apologise if this message comes out wrong, I'm 4 pints in texting from mobile.

Even when you know, you never know?

Arsenal on 20:01 - Sep 28 with 5262 viewssketty_jack

Been saying the same thing. Not just today, was exactly the same against united. We can go toe to toe with these teams but instead we handicap ourselves by playing our best player in an isolated position upfront where he barely gets a look in. Frustrating when we've just spent £13 mil on a striker and decide to play him in the league cup instead of an important league game. Even more galling are the villa and WBA results which show if u attack the top sides u can win! ML will just pass it off by sayng were in a different league to the top sides but points are points are points! FFs so frustrated!
Arsenal on 20:09 - Sep 28 with 5198 viewsDr_Winston

Two big calls Laudrup got wrong. Bony on the bench and subbing Shelvey instead of JdG.

Like Sketty said, we're basically sending out weakened sides against teams we need to be fielding our full strength against, Poor tactics all round today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal (n/t) on 20:48 - Sep 28 with 5048 viewsGoodGodAlive

He was right to take Shelvey off.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 20:48]
Arsenal (n/t) on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 5025 viewscrackerjack

Arsenal (n/t) on 20:48 - Sep 28 by GoodGodAlive

He was right to take Shelvey off.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 20:48]

Sorry, but I disagree. JdG had a shocker and should have been subbed instead of JJS in my opinion.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal on 20:54 - Sep 28 with 5014 viewstomdickharry

What more can one say other than posters are dead right
Arsenal (n/t) on 21:15 - Sep 28 with 4932 viewsDull1Thomas

Arsenal (n/t) on 20:51 - Sep 28 by crackerjack

Sorry, but I disagree. JdG had a shocker and should have been subbed instead of JJS in my opinion.

JdG has one good game and few good periods and an occasional goal ..... . ...... a season.
Again he played poor passes for most of the game, was slow in thought and action and his free kick (together with the corners) was appalling.

And while I'm at it, Chico I can live with - excellent game tonight - but MIchu is starting to get on my noggin. If he's going to have a go at players from not passing to him he needs to do something with the ball when he is given it.

That said we could easily have won that game or drawn at very least.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Arsenal on 00:34 - Sep 29 with 4760 viewsDyfnant

Big fook up by ML from the off, no Bony ffs

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Arsenal on 01:04 - Sep 29 with 4706 viewsDewi1jack

Arsenal on 20:09 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

Two big calls Laudrup got wrong. Bony on the bench and subbing Shelvey instead of JdG.

Like Sketty said, we're basically sending out weakened sides against teams we need to be fielding our full strength against, Poor tactics all round today.

Not wrong again Doc IMHO.
Trying to play for a draw by the team set up was the biggest call ML got wrong today. Last time I felt we could play for a draw was under PS. And that was boreball at the best of times.
2 strikers on the bench. A player on the pitch, who is far better and more dangerous behind a striker. Taking JJS off and leaving JDG on.
JJ went off and we seemed to lose a fair bit of bite in midfield. JDG doesn't seem IMHO, to like tackling.
If ML thinks that teams like Arsenal are not in our league, then why doesn't he just treat it like a good old fashioned lower league against upper league cup tie? OK that attitude may lead to a few more goals in the against column, but could easily lead to us picking up quite a few more points as well.
If ML thinks we can't win, why play?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Arsenal on 01:42 - Sep 29 with 4670 viewsPozuelosSideys

JDG is an ideal example of a flat track bully. Great to have in the side when we are playing teams around us and those who we are better than - he can occasionally run the show. Against the stronger teams and better players he goes missing a little bit.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Arsenal on 01:52 - Sep 29 with 4666 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Arsenal on 01:42 - Sep 29 by PozuelosSideys

JDG is an ideal example of a flat track bully. Great to have in the side when we are playing teams around us and those who we are better than - he can occasionally run the show. Against the stronger teams and better players he goes missing a little bit.

You say that but he stepped up against L'pool and deserved a start in the net big game.

Unfortunately our midfield was second best today. Whether a change of personnel would have helped I don't know as I thought Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil were about as tough a midfield as we are going to play against.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Arsenal on 02:20 - Sep 29 with 4646 viewsSwanfan1

I would understand playing for a draw away against Arsenal, but home against Arsenal we should have hedged our bet and gone all in.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Arsenal on 03:44 - Sep 29 with 4613 viewsJokeren1943

The massive problem with playing with no real striker (we saw it all last season) is we are insanely ineffective.
Arsenal on 04:26 - Sep 29 with 4589 viewsgibs0n

I was in a plane between Shanghai and Amsterdam. Were we shit or did we just meet a better side?

Listening to the interview with ML, then it sounds like we just had bad 15 minutes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185190
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 6:11]
Arsenal on 09:11 - Sep 29 with 4460 viewsMattG

Arsenal on 01:52 - Sep 29 by PatchesOHoulihan

You say that but he stepped up against L'pool and deserved a start in the net big game.

Unfortunately our midfield was second best today. Whether a change of personnel would have helped I don't know as I thought Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil were about as tough a midfield as we are going to play against.

I agree with this.

Flamini has been excellent since he came back to Arsenal, Ramsey has been the stand-out midfielder in the PL this season and Ozil is world class.
Arsenal on 09:41 - Sep 29 with 4429 viewsjohnlangy

The only part of the performance I was disappointed with yesterday was the last 8 or 9 minutes when, all of a sudden, instead of pass and move, pass and move we started just lifting the ball into the area (badly) and giving their keeper an easy time. Our goal came from pass and move as did their two.

You can complain about other bits and pieces as well if you like (JDG's challenge, the subbing of Shelvey instead of JDG which surprised me as well) but, as I say, for most of the team suddenly to think that lofting it was the best option was what I couldn't understand.

John
Arsenal on 10:00 - Sep 29 with 4409 viewsbermudajack

Arsenal on 09:41 - Sep 29 by johnlangy

The only part of the performance I was disappointed with yesterday was the last 8 or 9 minutes when, all of a sudden, instead of pass and move, pass and move we started just lifting the ball into the area (badly) and giving their keeper an easy time. Our goal came from pass and move as did their two.

You can complain about other bits and pieces as well if you like (JDG's challenge, the subbing of Shelvey instead of JDG which surprised me as well) but, as I say, for most of the team suddenly to think that lofting it was the best option was what I couldn't understand.

John

Great post...

That and our continually unaddressed lack of ability to put a decent frigging cross in!!!

And we push the ball to the wingers constantly in our attacks, yet not one winger or fullback have the ability to swing in a decent cross...EVER !!!

With Bony and Michu waiting in the box this is criminal to say the least, and will cost us a bucketful of points this season...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Arsenal on 10:15 - Sep 29 with 4391 viewsDalePie

The sad thing was when we started pushing in the last 20 odd minutes Arsenal looked a bit shaky. They really had to work hard to protect that win IMHO.

Sadly we spent 45 minutes too scared to make a definite move and 20 minutes post Gnabry goal in the Doldrums.

If we had come back into the game earlier with the swagger / impetus shown in the final 1/5 we could easily have gotten a point from that game.

Ben Davies, what a player and what a game. Whenever Ben is on the ball or part of a defensive position I feel comfortable. The exact opposite is true when Chico Flores even gets close to the ball. Don't even start me when Chico is back defending, the urine starts trickling down my leg during those moments. The first goal was a complete brain fart moment.

I think Dyer had a great game too, we all know about his speed but he's a proper like twinkle toes to boot, a true asset when working to maintain an attacking possession pushing forward.

Still, fair play to Arsenal, top of the league n all that! This season is starting to look very exciting, the table is far from settled and i'm not 100% sure it will for some time.

It's a bit of a shame we had such a tough start to the season, look at Southampton's position right now. Could have been us guys, could have been us!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 10:30]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 4332 viewsDalePie

Arsenal on 14:33 - Sep 29 with 4240 viewslonglostjack

Arsenal on 10:15 - Sep 29 by DalePie

The sad thing was when we started pushing in the last 20 odd minutes Arsenal looked a bit shaky. They really had to work hard to protect that win IMHO.

Sadly we spent 45 minutes too scared to make a definite move and 20 minutes post Gnabry goal in the Doldrums.

If we had come back into the game earlier with the swagger / impetus shown in the final 1/5 we could easily have gotten a point from that game.

Ben Davies, what a player and what a game. Whenever Ben is on the ball or part of a defensive position I feel comfortable. The exact opposite is true when Chico Flores even gets close to the ball. Don't even start me when Chico is back defending, the urine starts trickling down my leg during those moments. The first goal was a complete brain fart moment.

I think Dyer had a great game too, we all know about his speed but he's a proper like twinkle toes to boot, a true asset when working to maintain an attacking possession pushing forward.

Still, fair play to Arsenal, top of the league n all that! This season is starting to look very exciting, the table is far from settled and i'm not 100% sure it will for some time.

It's a bit of a shame we had such a tough start to the season, look at Southampton's position right now. Could have been us guys, could have been us!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 10:30]

Exactly

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Arsenal on 16:18 - Sep 29 with 4160 viewsDafyddHuw

Totally agree about being too defensive and giving the opposition too much respect. Paying £13m for a striker to sit on the bench is ridiculous.

My biggest gripe though was Tiendali. ML must see what he's like in training - why not play Taylor at RB? He's at least as match fit as Tiendali.
Arsenal on 16:42 - Sep 29 with 4137 viewsAl_Bundy

JDG is not even a flat track bully...

Certainly doesn't dominate even the weaker opposition.

His work rate is very poor but he does have the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat occasionally
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024