Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League Prices 07:25 - Sep 6 with 18040 viewsjojaca

After hearing news that Valencia were charging £7 a ticket out in spain. I though this would be a chance for the board to drop the prices or do £1 kids scheme promotion, especially after the poor attendances of the previous europa league. But they are charging £25/£30 a ticket in this ecomony with games on the telly. The only glamour tie is Valencia, the other two games are not very attractive for the money you have to pay. I have spoken to friends and family and we will be saving our money and watching it on the telly. The prices should have been a maximum of £15 a ticket for adult and would like to have seen £10.

Even when you know, you never know?

Europa League Prices on 07:28 - Sep 7 with 2822 viewsDJack

Europa League Prices on 09:33 - Sep 6 by JBT95

Seriously some people want something for nothing, if you couldn't save up £60 in six months that's your fault. These games are still cheaper than Premier League games.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 9:40]

Perhaps different people have different priorities you arrogant arse!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Europa League Prices on 07:36 - Sep 7 with 2812 viewsDJack

Europa League Prices on 14:01 - Sep 6 by JBT95

Some people really need to get a grip.

You are paying for a night out of entertainment, and our football club is not a charity, it's a business.

Go try and find a music gig for a well known artist or well known comedian for £20 or under, you'll have a job to (although Cardiff Students Union usually have gigs around £17 ).

I say this as somebody without a regular income stream, I know value for money when I see it.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2013 14:02]

Oh well done you! A university educated dick but acting a dick all the same. Unfortunately not everyone in South wales has a regular income stream... ever heard of zero hours contracts as they are "popular" down here.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Europa League Prices on 09:26 - Sep 7 with 2740 viewsUxbridge

Europa League Prices on 22:51 - Sep 6 by outtolunch

Absolute rubbish. Check the tweets. Also we got this far on people making the right descisions. Being a community club didnt appoint the right managers nor did it make sure we didnt gamble with our finances. Sky money was spent on over 20 million pounds worth of player before their wages.
You my friend have a personal problem in that you hate the thought of people benefiting from hard work. Btw whether we like it or not the club is run by the directors and is owned by them and they have delivered. The narrative changed when they guided us to the prem league amd well deservedly took their money back plus 12 years of interest. Your the type of person that if we were still in the 2nd division would demand that they continue to put their own money in to buy players without the chance of ever having it back. In the dark ages mate.

Utter drivel mate and you clearly don't know what I think.

I'm all for people being rewarded appropriately for their efforts. I fully support the decision for Huw Jenkins to earn a considerable salary for his full time position running the club. He's earned it and continues to do so. As for putting their own money in, quite the opposite. The club was run as a going concern at break even, as it should be. I'd like to think lessons have been learned on that score and I wouldn't want to see anyone out of pocket in any way. People should be paid appropriately for their efforts.

My issue is that now we've got money there are signs that the shareholders are looking to cash out at the expense of the club, which goes against everything the board have said in the past and how the club has positioned itself with the fans and public. I've also got an issue with the fans being treated pretty much solely as customers and a source of income to fleece for as much cash as possible, with seemingly little regard for their experience in interactions with the club. The club would do well to remember the Sky money will not always be there and things can go wrong very quickly ... to break the bond that has helped get us here would be disastrous for all. I've also got an issue with the club's seeming to appoint jobs for the boys without ensuring they have the skills to deliver or be held accountable. The ticket system farce being a prime example as is the communication over various issues. Who is responsible for that farce?

Like I said before, I guess it depends on how you view your relationship with the club or how you think that relationship should be. If you think we're simply customers who buy stuff and turn up on matchday when you want then fine, I can understand that. However given the history here and the level of involvement in the past, for many there is a much deeper involvement and interest in the broader running of the club.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Europa League Prices on 10:29 - Sep 7 with 2704 viewsPhaedrus

I have a deep love for the club. They have been a huge part of my life for over 40 years. To be honest that's irrelevant. If I have a problem with the way the club is run, it exactly that, MY problem. Who am I to tell the people who saved our club what they should be doing? Its not as if we are being run like the mob down the road.
I wonder whats motivates this? It almost seems like jealousy that some people got rich saving our club. I mean did we release a mission statement saying it was our intention to become a non-profit organisation? Or is this just the way some idealistic fans think it should be?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Europa League Prices on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 2688 viewsUxbridge

Jealous? Oh give over mun. You'll need better bait than that Sham old chap!

I suppose LD deserves whatever money he gets considering all the grief he gets on twitter. And while I might have my issues I certainly applaud the fact he is engaging with fans to some degree.

Europa League Prices on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 2670 viewsPhaedrus

I wasn't thinking of you when thinking of those who may be jealous, although they have made an appearance.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Europa League Prices on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 2663 viewsouttolunch

Europa League Prices on 09:26 - Sep 7 by Uxbridge

Utter drivel mate and you clearly don't know what I think.

I'm all for people being rewarded appropriately for their efforts. I fully support the decision for Huw Jenkins to earn a considerable salary for his full time position running the club. He's earned it and continues to do so. As for putting their own money in, quite the opposite. The club was run as a going concern at break even, as it should be. I'd like to think lessons have been learned on that score and I wouldn't want to see anyone out of pocket in any way. People should be paid appropriately for their efforts.

My issue is that now we've got money there are signs that the shareholders are looking to cash out at the expense of the club, which goes against everything the board have said in the past and how the club has positioned itself with the fans and public. I've also got an issue with the fans being treated pretty much solely as customers and a source of income to fleece for as much cash as possible, with seemingly little regard for their experience in interactions with the club. The club would do well to remember the Sky money will not always be there and things can go wrong very quickly ... to break the bond that has helped get us here would be disastrous for all. I've also got an issue with the club's seeming to appoint jobs for the boys without ensuring they have the skills to deliver or be held accountable. The ticket system farce being a prime example as is the communication over various issues. Who is responsible for that farce?

Like I said before, I guess it depends on how you view your relationship with the club or how you think that relationship should be. If you think we're simply customers who buy stuff and turn up on matchday when you want then fine, I can understand that. However given the history here and the level of involvement in the past, for many there is a much deeper involvement and interest in the broader running of the club.

I agree the ticketing situation is a farce and i'm not sure who's fault it is. Dineen posted the following on twitter in response to the2ndcoming of all people ( does he know what he is letting himself in for ? ;-) )

' The ticketing system was installed by the contractor on behalf of Swansea City council as it was the same system used at the grand theatre. It has been continually upgraded and sla's put in place in the summer to make sure we do not get these problems. After todays problems and previous ones we will be taking action. It is run by a 3rd party as are most online systems so when something like this happens we have no alternative but to wait on them. I do not use them as an excuse to clear us. It is a fact but at the same time we know ultimately we r judged. '

My guess is the system has had its day and that the swans will have to pay for a new one as I doubt the stadium has the resources. They need to get this done as quick as possible.

I'm not going to harp ref the money although I really doubt that the shareholders would take out money if it was materially detrimental to the club going forward. I also don't see the club disengaged from the supporters. Far from it compared to most. We have a supporters director on the board who is on twitter and our Vice chairman is also. They both seem to try and help with issues over and above what people in that position should do. I also don't see £60 for three matches being over the top. Spurs for the smaller of their games are charging £25-£30. I bet they need the money less than us if you go by gate size alone.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post ( not sure if it was you) that we make £15 million profit last year so why charge so much for tickets. The answer to this is pretty simple. If you want to build academies, training facilities and spend money on capital projects ( buying a player is in fact capital as well although depreciated over a few years ) then you can only do it in 2 ways. 1. Borrow the money or 2. Make profits and use that money. Simple maths then says £15 million profit less tax gives you £12million. Didn't landore cost at least £5 mill and aren't we pressing ahead with the university site plus we spent £20 mill on players this year without selling any. That £15 mill is well and truly spent.
Europa League Prices on 11:12 - Sep 7 with 2653 viewsCatullus

A few points,
1, Unless you can see the future, no one had 6 months to save up the £60. And even if they did, many people and myself included have more important things to spend the money on. Shoes for my son or football tickets? hmmmm, not so hard that one!!
2, Given our financial situation I have more chance of paying match by match. It will still be a stretch for these extra games because, yes, I have a family and they are more important. With that in mind, lower prices per game would have made these games (probably) affordable.
3, If they had said £17 for adults and £11 for kids isn't there a chance the over all take would have been more than they'll get at current prices. More people could afford to go after all. So more people buying extras (food, drink, in the club shop) and with a bigger crowd a better atmosphere, maybe?
4, Covering the cost of squad travel- if we get £200,000 per game, doesn't that cover travelling costs? If not, just how are we getting there and where are we staying?
5, I am not a "plastic" and have 40 years of history with the Swans. I was there when we applied for re-election, I was there when we were truly awful. It's not a lack of loyalty that will stop me going to Europa games. It's mostly that damn family of mine and their expectation that I'll put them first and put food on the table rather than go to football. I'm sorry for those who cannot understand this, but nothing is more important to me than my wife and son.
I care not about the dividend, they deserve it. Though any further dividends (given that wages are being drawn now) will look very suspicious.
I don't expect something for nothing either. I do expect value for money. And I do expect the club to cater fairly for all loyal fans.

Lastly, the comparison to other clubs income is erroneous, other clubs can only be compared by their actual income, not stadia size. Cardiff have 7000 more capacity htan us, but how much are their season prices? Last season they were a lot cheaper than us, are they charging the same as us now? The only direct comparison that counts is overall income.
Last season we made more money than several teams below us. This season we have no debts (I'm led to believe) which puts us at an advantage over several teams again.
And it's not just about money either. If I percieve the club are milking me, that my years of loyalty don't matter and I'm seen purely as a cash generator, then I will stop going. I'd miss the football, hell I miss it when the international break is on, never mind close season. But if the club start treating us as mugs, as a few already think, then I will reluctantly stop going.
The board need to pay attention. While we are top flight there will probably be enough new fans to fill the void left by people like me, but if/when we go down people like me will be needed again.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Europa League Prices on 11:25 - Sep 7 with 2627 views3swan

Europa League Prices on 11:12 - Sep 7 by Catullus

A few points,
1, Unless you can see the future, no one had 6 months to save up the £60. And even if they did, many people and myself included have more important things to spend the money on. Shoes for my son or football tickets? hmmmm, not so hard that one!!
2, Given our financial situation I have more chance of paying match by match. It will still be a stretch for these extra games because, yes, I have a family and they are more important. With that in mind, lower prices per game would have made these games (probably) affordable.
3, If they had said £17 for adults and £11 for kids isn't there a chance the over all take would have been more than they'll get at current prices. More people could afford to go after all. So more people buying extras (food, drink, in the club shop) and with a bigger crowd a better atmosphere, maybe?
4, Covering the cost of squad travel- if we get £200,000 per game, doesn't that cover travelling costs? If not, just how are we getting there and where are we staying?
5, I am not a "plastic" and have 40 years of history with the Swans. I was there when we applied for re-election, I was there when we were truly awful. It's not a lack of loyalty that will stop me going to Europa games. It's mostly that damn family of mine and their expectation that I'll put them first and put food on the table rather than go to football. I'm sorry for those who cannot understand this, but nothing is more important to me than my wife and son.
I care not about the dividend, they deserve it. Though any further dividends (given that wages are being drawn now) will look very suspicious.
I don't expect something for nothing either. I do expect value for money. And I do expect the club to cater fairly for all loyal fans.

Lastly, the comparison to other clubs income is erroneous, other clubs can only be compared by their actual income, not stadia size. Cardiff have 7000 more capacity htan us, but how much are their season prices? Last season they were a lot cheaper than us, are they charging the same as us now? The only direct comparison that counts is overall income.
Last season we made more money than several teams below us. This season we have no debts (I'm led to believe) which puts us at an advantage over several teams again.
And it's not just about money either. If I percieve the club are milking me, that my years of loyalty don't matter and I'm seen purely as a cash generator, then I will stop going. I'd miss the football, hell I miss it when the international break is on, never mind close season. But if the club start treating us as mugs, as a few already think, then I will reluctantly stop going.
The board need to pay attention. While we are top flight there will probably be enough new fans to fill the void left by people like me, but if/when we go down people like me will be needed again.

"And it's not just about money either. If I percieve the club are milking me, that my years of loyalty don't matter and I'm seen purely as a cash generator, then I will stop going. I'd miss the football, hell I miss it when the international break is on, never mind close season. But if the club start treating us as mugs, as a few already think, then I will reluctantly stop going.

That's an extremely important point.
While we have to compete with the big boys, P.R. is very important for a 'smaller club' to keep the feel good factor going
Europa League Prices on 11:43 - Sep 7 with 2610 viewsUxbridge

Europa League Prices on 11:06 - Sep 7 by outtolunch

I agree the ticketing situation is a farce and i'm not sure who's fault it is. Dineen posted the following on twitter in response to the2ndcoming of all people ( does he know what he is letting himself in for ? ;-) )

' The ticketing system was installed by the contractor on behalf of Swansea City council as it was the same system used at the grand theatre. It has been continually upgraded and sla's put in place in the summer to make sure we do not get these problems. After todays problems and previous ones we will be taking action. It is run by a 3rd party as are most online systems so when something like this happens we have no alternative but to wait on them. I do not use them as an excuse to clear us. It is a fact but at the same time we know ultimately we r judged. '

My guess is the system has had its day and that the swans will have to pay for a new one as I doubt the stadium has the resources. They need to get this done as quick as possible.

I'm not going to harp ref the money although I really doubt that the shareholders would take out money if it was materially detrimental to the club going forward. I also don't see the club disengaged from the supporters. Far from it compared to most. We have a supporters director on the board who is on twitter and our Vice chairman is also. They both seem to try and help with issues over and above what people in that position should do. I also don't see £60 for three matches being over the top. Spurs for the smaller of their games are charging £25-£30. I bet they need the money less than us if you go by gate size alone.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post ( not sure if it was you) that we make £15 million profit last year so why charge so much for tickets. The answer to this is pretty simple. If you want to build academies, training facilities and spend money on capital projects ( buying a player is in fact capital as well although depreciated over a few years ) then you can only do it in 2 ways. 1. Borrow the money or 2. Make profits and use that money. Simple maths then says £15 million profit less tax gives you £12million. Didn't landore cost at least £5 mill and aren't we pressing ahead with the university site plus we spent £20 mill on players this year without selling any. That £15 mill is well and truly spent.

Agree with a lot of that. Fully agree with the club's approach to investing in the capital projects and until the training and stadium facilities are fully online then there's a solid argument for why major reductions in league ticket prices do not make sense. However the sums gained from things such as the extra tenner for the big games on top of the already rather high to many 35 quid a match ticket is actually quite negligible given that only 4000 or so tickets are on general sale. A lot of people are simply priced out but I can give the club a pass on that until capacity is increased. That's partly why I would hope a different approach would be taken for the bonus cup games where fans could enjoy them at a reasonable price. As said earlier 60 quid is top end for me and the higher costs for non season holders and single tickets are unnecessary imo.

As for the ticket system, ignoring the wriggling from LD about who signed that one off , I'm just glad it's being reviewed. Here's hoping they put proper thought into how they want the system to work and properly test it next time. Heres hoping they review the horrid official site at the same time.,

Europa League Prices on 11:49 - Sep 7 with 2600 viewsUxbridge

Europa League Prices on 11:00 - Sep 7 by Phaedrus

I wasn't thinking of you when thinking of those who may be jealous, although they have made an appearance.

Dunno about that but I'd worry about the sanity of anyone who takes up such a public positio or aspired to it. Far too much hassle.

Europa League Prices on 12:21 - Sep 7 with 2581 viewsBelfast

Europa League Prices on 12:57 - Sep 6 by CliffTop

So the whole thing kicked off by the fact Valencia tickets are costing £7. What are they charging their home fans? It may well be that they are paying prices similar to what we are paying.

Yeah, but they are not, and in some cases a lot cheaper.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Europa League Prices on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 2534 viewsexiledclaseboy

Europa League Prices on 12:34 - Sep 6 by jackforever

Cant help think many are missing the point here. We have a club based in a social and economic deprived area. We have high unemployment, low wages, frozen wages and huge increases in the cost of living. Yet we have a football club booming, a club that has made huge profits and to be fair is using those profits on the whole wisely. However income from ticket sales especially the odd cup game form a tiny tiny part of our income and surely it wouldnt hurt the club which is "owned by the fans for the fans" to drop prices for cup games to a level that ensures both affordability for all and full houses. I for one cant see a problem with that.
If we can afford 2m dividends which equals around £140 of every season ticket then surely we can afford ten pound match tickets to ensure a full house.

Rarely has a more sensible word been written on here. Well said. Prices for Europa League are ludicrous and two of the three games will probably be played in a stadium at least one third empty.

Poll: Tory leader

Europa League Prices on 16:38 - Sep 7 with 2498 viewsBlasterJack

I would still love to know why no JA points are being awarded for any of these fixtures?
Anyone?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Europa League Prices on 18:44 - Sep 7 with 2462 viewsLilleFlue

I agreee Swansea should get fu#kign here , and offer Free entrance for Season Ticket holders and 15£ for the rest. . The way prices are now in football , I doubt that would mean much financially for the Club, however it would be a great thing to do and send a statement from the Club to fans that they really are appreciated , also it would mean full house for all games which the players would benefit massively from . You can see how much the Fans mean for the players 12 + 13th man. .
Europa League Prices on 18:58 - Sep 7 with 2440 viewswr72

Europa League Prices on 07:56 - Sep 6 by Neath_Jack

Rubbish.

The club is nothing but a money making machine these days, and at the cost of the ordinary fan/customer. It's getting worse every year. Dont you think the club get more than enough money from the Premier League/Tv rights? It's pricing the working family with a couple of kids out of watching us. Don't mention dividends paid or any future ones either.

46 pound for a kit for my son last season.53 quid this season.Same size,hasnt grown a lot.I was quite pissed off with that but it's what he wanted so dad paid it.I don't like it down there at the moment.I should but i feel so out of touch with the club and where it's gone and going.Crazy eh!

Sometimes,I wished we were back in the Championship when everything seemed fair,tickets were easy to come by,everyone in the stadium all real Swans fan and merchandise all very reasonable but limited.Again,Crazy eh!

Then i see Michu play and Bony score and everything's forgotten.

Confused of Gorseinon.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2013 19:05]
Europa League Prices on 19:00 - Sep 7 with 2437 viewsAndy1300

Europa League Prices on 16:38 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

I would still love to know why no JA points are being awarded for any of these fixtures?
Anyone?

I was under the impression they were

Number 1 team in Wales

Europa League Prices on 19:01 - Sep 7 with 2434 viewsAndy1300

Europa League Prices on 18:58 - Sep 7 by wr72

46 pound for a kit for my son last season.53 quid this season.Same size,hasnt grown a lot.I was quite pissed off with that but it's what he wanted so dad paid it.I don't like it down there at the moment.I should but i feel so out of touch with the club and where it's gone and going.Crazy eh!

Sometimes,I wished we were back in the Championship when everything seemed fair,tickets were easy to come by,everyone in the stadium all real Swans fan and merchandise all very reasonable but limited.Again,Crazy eh!

Confused of Gorseinon.

Adult shirt prices were same as last season

Number 1 team in Wales

Europa League Prices on 19:07 - Sep 7 with 2426 viewswr72

Europa League Prices on 19:01 - Sep 7 by Andy1300

Adult shirt prices were same as last season

I wouldn't know because i don't wear them.But a 7 pound increase for a childs kit was a bit unexpected.
Europa League Prices on 19:33 - Sep 7 with 2404 viewsNeath_Jack

Europa League Prices on 18:58 - Sep 7 by wr72

Confused of Gorseinon.

Nothing crazy about that at all. Our lot have discussed this many times, the pro's and con's of being where we are. I hate what many of our fans have become, but many of them weren't fans even 4 or 5 years ago.

The quality of football and calibre of players in our team now though is out of this world and i'm smiling about it now just typing this.

I suppose you cant have it all eh, we have swapped sh1t football for sh1t fans and overpriced everything.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League Prices on 20:35 - Sep 7 with 2390 viewsLilleFlue

Europa League Prices on 19:33 - Sep 7 by Neath_Jack

Nothing crazy about that at all. Our lot have discussed this many times, the pro's and con's of being where we are. I hate what many of our fans have become, but many of them weren't fans even 4 or 5 years ago.

The quality of football and calibre of players in our team now though is out of this world and i'm smiling about it now just typing this.

I suppose you cant have it all eh, we have swapped sh1t football for sh1t fans and overpriced everything.

This is correct
Europa League Prices on 20:36 - Sep 7 with 2386 viewsLilleFlue

No your not shit fans. But you do need some new songs
Europa League Prices on 21:00 - Sep 7 with 2364 viewswr72

Europa League Prices on 20:36 - Sep 7 by LilleFlue

I'm bored of Hymns and Arias now.Great song around Wembley play off time and our first stint in the PL but whenever i hear it now i think Oh no not again.Saying that you don't hear many other clubs singing at all in this league so anything is better than nothing i suppose and we do sing it well.
Europa League Prices on 21:03 - Sep 7 with 2352 viewsBelfast

Europa League Prices on 20:36 - Sep 7 by LilleFlue

Third album is always a bit fu ckng difficult mate.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Europa League Prices on 00:30 - Sep 8 with 2292 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lilleflue is a Scum c*nt troll. Best ignored or at the very least mercilessly abused.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024