Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odemwingie 23:17 - Aug 24 with 21075 viewsPhil_S

Odemwingie on 10:28 - Aug 26 with 4673 viewsSwansforever

A journalist on twitter who is based in West Brom said we have a decent chance of getting him and the europa league appeals to him but could come down to money.
Odemwingie on 10:38 - Aug 26 with 4636 viewsUxbridge

He's been mentioned too many times for Laudrup not to have an interest in him. Given the mass hysteria concerning our two defeats against relegation rivals then this might become more likely.

He's a good player but he's not really the sort we want down here is he.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Odemwingie on 11:26 - Aug 26 with 4581 viewsDewi1jack

Odemwingie on 04:16 - Aug 25 by marchamjack

I would take him. Offers us something different to what we have and you cannot knock his PL scoring record

On the 'is he trouble front' - I've got no doubt whatsoever that if he didn't toe the line (a la Danny Graham) that Laudrup would deal with him, get rid/sideline him and that would be the end of him with no disruption to our club. ML has shown that he is ice cold in dealing with players he doesn't want for some reason and I've no doubt that Odemwinge would not be allowed to cause any long term disruption. Toe the line, do the job, or see you later, out.

Knpwn PL goalscorer, better than anyone else I've heard rumoured for us so far as back up/alernative striker, so yes please unless anyone knows of anyone else proven to be better at this level.

Think Odemwingie has an awful lot to prove to the world, after QPR and his agent made him look a total knobhead on the World's TV and media.
But, I cannot get the vision of him giving it the "big one" just in front of me, after clattering young Neil and Neil not seeming to move, out of my head.
Yes, I think he would suit us.
Not sure how Neil and the lads would react to him being on the team.
Yes, I think he's an odious, mercenary c*nt, but I get behind all of our players and certainly wouldn't even dream of booing any player, whose in a Swans shirt. So, if he does turn up here, then I've just got to accept it and support him.
Guess it's all up to ML, as he decides who he wants, while the board just say if we can afford it or not. (Fence sitting, getting splinters!!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Odemwingie on 14:44 - Aug 26 with 4448 viewsW_Hunt

Odemwingie on 10:38 - Aug 26 by Uxbridge

He's been mentioned too many times for Laudrup not to have an interest in him. Given the mass hysteria concerning our two defeats against relegation rivals then this might become more likely.

He's a good player but he's not really the sort we want down here is he.

When's Emnes signing then?
Odemwingie on 16:31 - Aug 26 with 4275 viewsPhil_S

Odemwingie on 10:28 - Aug 26 by Swansforever

A journalist on twitter who is based in West Brom said we have a decent chance of getting him and the europa league appeals to him but could come down to money.

So basically the journalist on Twitter gave an insight into nothing at all?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Odemwingie on 16:50 - Aug 26 with 4218 viewsUxbridge

Odemwingie on 14:44 - Aug 26 by W_Hunt

When's Emnes signing then?

Cos Laudrup hasnt ruled him out either.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Odemwingie on 16:51 - Aug 26 with 4217 viewsTheClash

We had Beattie and Moore from West Brom we deserve a half tidy one for a change, lets hope it works out this time

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Odemwingie (n/t) on 00:53 - Aug 27 with 3963 viewsIce_Tea

[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 0:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Odemwingie on 01:57 - Aug 27 with 3925 viewsLiam12345

30 goals in 87 games doesn't sound to appealing if im honest he would be okay as a back up striker but only for 3m at the max otherwise id prefer Emnes who is much younger

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Odemwingie on 13:51 - Aug 27 with 3727 viewssomersetsimon

Odemwingie on 16:50 - Aug 26 by Uxbridge

Cos Laudrup hasnt ruled him out either.

Laudrup has confirmed his interest and I haven't heard any rumours about any other players, so it could happen. I'd still like us to find a genuine left footed winger as well.
Odemwingie on 13:57 - Aug 27 with 3703 viewswr72

Done deal this

Havent read the thread and someone has probably heard what i have and posted it.

Good back up player and will be hungry to put his recent antics behind him hopefully.
Odemwingie on 14:22 - Aug 27 with 3659 viewsSwansforever

Odemwingie on 16:31 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

So basically the journalist on Twitter gave an insight into nothing at all?

This post has been edited by an administrator

He'd have more clue than most of us ha.
Odemwingie on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 3619 viewsairedale

I think we should have kept trying to sign Kenwyne Emnes.
Odemwingie on 15:50 - Aug 27 with 3540 viewstomdickharry

Odemwingie on 14:38 - Aug 27 by airedale

I think we should have kept trying to sign Kenwyne Emnes.

What about Marvin Jones?
Odemwingie on 15:54 - Aug 27 with 3528 viewsSwanfan1

Swansea poised to increase Peter Odemwingie offer - Albion were today awaiting a fresh bid from Swansea for Peter .

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Odemwingie on 16:03 - Aug 27 with 3495 viewsTheClash

Odemwingie on 15:54 - Aug 27 by Swanfan1

Swansea poised to increase Peter Odemwingie offer - Albion were today awaiting a fresh bid from Swansea for Peter .

I not sure the club is waiting to see about other options before upping the offer £2million is about the going loan rate for a top forward like Lukaku

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Odemwingie on 16:31 - Aug 27 with 3430 viewsSpratty

Think this may have been mentioned before

F.A.B.I.o
Odemwingie on 16:48 - Aug 27 with 3404 viewsswanseacityfan

To be fair, people are only basing his"bad attitude" down to his behaviour in the transfer window. That wasn't bad, just mis informaed and i'm sure he is truly embrassed by it all. He hadn't exactly been bad for WBA before that and he must have been told he was going to be signing for QPR. He has had problems of his own in the past such as bein racially abused whilst playing in Russia. TBH, i'd take him like a shot. 30 premeir league goals in 87 games is very decent and he's experienced. I'm sure he wont make the same mistake during any more transfer windows.

102 goas in 334 games isn't THAT bad and i'd sign him for £2million.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 16:49]

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

Odemwingie on 16:49 - Aug 27 with 3402 viewsMagicDaps

Odemwingie on 01:57 - Aug 27 by Liam12345

30 goals in 87 games doesn't sound to appealing if im honest he would be okay as a back up striker but only for 3m at the max otherwise id prefer Emnes who is much younger

What do you expect? 30 Premier League goals in 3 years in the Premier League is very good going for a team like West Brom, if he can get 10 goals for us this season then he'll be a fantastic signing.

Compared to Marvin Emnes who's scored 24 goals in 123 league games, largely in the Championship and would probably end up costing us more money.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Odemwingie on 17:05 - Aug 27 with 3340 viewsPlasticman

Odemwingie on 16:49 - Aug 27 by MagicDaps

What do you expect? 30 Premier League goals in 3 years in the Premier League is very good going for a team like West Brom, if he can get 10 goals for us this season then he'll be a fantastic signing.

Compared to Marvin Emnes who's scored 24 goals in 123 league games, largely in the Championship and would probably end up costing us more money.

While I'm not a fan of the person mself, I have to admit that 2 mil for a striker that has shown to be able to find the back of the net on occasion is good price. As a backup I suspect he should be ok given the money we are talking about.

Plastic since 2012

Odemwingie on 19:11 - Aug 27 with 3231 viewsairedale

Poll: Do you want Odemwingie at Swansea?

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-19713180-detail/story.html#axzz2d4dm9Buz
Odemwingie on 19:48 - Aug 27 with 3182 viewsreddythered

Can't see us making a bid.

Mackay has targetted younger players. Buying a 32 yr old? Not Mackay's style unless it was a great deal.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Odemwingie on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 3134 viewsPureRockFury

Odemwingie on 19:48 - Aug 27 by reddythered

Can't see us making a bid.

Mackay has targetted younger players. Buying a 32 yr old? Not Mackay's style unless it was a great deal.

It's not what we do either usually, but with the riches available in the Prem, spending £2 million on a player with no resale/development value is probably considered worthwhile if it helps keep us established in the division for another 12 months.

I've admired Odemwingie as a player since he came to WBA - very useful player. He became a figure of fun with his QPR antics, but I don't see that as a major issue personally - he's just a bit of a harmless idiot as far as I'm concerned, and if his spat with WBA means we can get a proven Premiership goalscorer for £2 million then I'm not going to kick up a fuss.

Even the bad times were good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024