Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL Thread 14:33 - Jul 30 with 38995 viewsJonnyTheJack

Training camps started last week. Getting closer to it the season starting.

Hard Knocks starts again on the 6th of August. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713991-hbo-bengals-hard-knocks-teaser-will-t
The NFL Thread on 21:33 - Nov 30 with 1822 viewsC_jack

Some good match ups tomorrow/monday, heating up nicely going into the last 4 games.

Broncos @ Chiefs
Saints @ Seahawks

Still can't see much past a Seahawks v Broncos Superbowl. I fancy the Chargers for a late playoff run though.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 21:34]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The NFL Thread on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 1775 viewsorion3016

Amazing scenes eagles v lions
Do they ever abandon nfl games?

Be over there now after

The NFL Thread on 18:21 - Dec 8 with 1771 viewsC_jack

The NFL Thread on 18:12 - Dec 8 by orion3016

Only in the event of thunder and lightning.

It is a fun sight but they can hardly run through it or snap the ball properly, can't be much of a spectacle.

The NFL Thread on 18:42 - Dec 8 with 1753 viewsDarran

The NFL Thread on 18:12 - Dec 8 by orion3016

That's incredible.

Out of curiosity did they do a minute for Mandela? Serious question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The NFL Thread on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 1748 viewsDavillin

The NFL Thread on 18:21 - Dec 8 by C_jack

Only in the event of thunder and lightning.

It is a fun sight but they can hardly run through it or snap the ball properly, can't be much of a spectacle.

Actually, playing in all weather - especially in snow - is as much a part of American football as anything else. The players just wear more insulation and boots with appropriate cleats.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The NFL Thread on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 1643 viewsC_jack

The NFL Thread on 18:42 - Dec 8 by Darran

That's incredible.

Out of curiosity did they do a minute for Mandela? Serious question.

Minute of silence I believe.

http://therightscoop.com/video-nfl-holds-a-moment-of-slience-for-nelson-mandela/

The NFL Thread on 19:39 - Dec 8 with 1629 viewsGrandPrix

Can't believe what I am seeing live, great they carry on, we would be on shut down now with no hope of survival!!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

The NFL Thread on 19:40 - Dec 8 with 1628 viewsDarran

The NFL Thread on 19:39 - Dec 8 by GrandPrix

Can't believe what I am seeing live, great they carry on, we would be on shut down now with no hope of survival!!

The country would have shut down by now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The NFL Thread on 20:25 - Dec 8 with 1608 viewsQuakerJack

Apparently the rules state they can't interfere with the field, as in between the quarters, they can't clear the snow, it has to be played on as is.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The NFL Thread on 20:26 - Dec 8 with 1606 viewsQuakerJack

What a game as well, philly come back, lions back in front.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The NFL Thread on 20:29 - Dec 8 with 1605 viewsorion3016

The NFL Thread on 20:26 - Dec 8 by QuakerJack

What a game as well, philly come back, lions back in front.

Haven't watched American football for about 20 yrs but quite enjoyed this
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 20:48]

Be over there now after

The NFL Thread on 20:34 - Dec 8 with 1601 viewsQuakerJack

The NFL Thread on 20:29 - Dec 8 by orion3016

Haven't watched American football for about 20 yrs but quite enjoyed this
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 20:48]

Eagles back in front. What a game

The NFL Thread on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 1589 viewsJackanapes

Wow ... just wow. Pats do it again.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The NFL Thread on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 1581 viewsJonnyTheJack

The NFL Thread on 21:45 - Dec 8 by Jackanapes

Wow ... just wow. Pats do it again.

Matt Prater with an NFL record 64 yard field goal. In December. Another insane moment from one of the best days of NFL action I can remember.
The NFL Thread on 22:57 - Dec 8 with 1580 viewsC_jack

Well Mile High is the place to be if you're setting NFL kicking records, I'd love to see him do it at San Francisco!

Pretty crazy day, but my Dolphins are still ALIVEE!

The NFL Thread on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 1540 viewsC_jack

What a win for San Diego at Denver last night. Big questions over that Broncos defense in regards to going to the Superbowl.

Could there be 3 teams from the AFC West in the playoffs?

The NFL Thread on 14:19 - Dec 13 with 1534 viewsBanosswan

The NFL Thread on 14:09 - Dec 13 by C_jack

What a win for San Diego at Denver last night. Big questions over that Broncos defense in regards to going to the Superbowl.

And the Raiders still won't f'in get in

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The NFL Thread on 15:43 - Dec 13 with 1525 viewsDavillin

No. Sorry. Maybe not even two.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The NFL Thread on 20:03 - Dec 13 with 1509 viewsjruss1

San Diego gets in for me with a 9-7. Looking at the games coming up, I suspect Baltimore and Miami goes 8-8.

Broncos have the feel of many teams who have gone in previous years, super high scoring amazing offense, rubbish defense. Usually ends without a title. But the AFC field is not loaded with quality, so they are still favorites to win the AFC.

Pats need home field advantage more than ever, just butchered by injuries defensively. I'm not convinced there's a superbowl run with what is left available. Purely on Brady's back. Just an incredible season all things considered.
The NFL Thread on 20:46 - Dec 13 with 1504 viewsJonnyTheJack

Our defense has been good enough in most games this year because the offense puts up so mnay points, but injuries have rocked us and unnecessary changes have made it even worse. Last night's game was so poor defensively. Our offense couldn't get into a rhythm because our D couldn't get off the field. The Chargers were impressive though.

I think the Pats have 1 more loss in them now Gronk is out, so last nights defeat wasn't a disaster. Better to get a defeat like that close to the playoffs I think.
The NFL Thread on 20:51 - Dec 13 with 1501 viewsorion3016

Didn't see that coming last night
Broncos were looking really good

Be over there now after

The NFL Thread on 21:15 - Dec 13 with 1499 viewsjruss1

I agree , Gronk is a huge loss. But I think we'll cope better than we did earlier in the season. Seems strange saying that as we went 5-1. But Shane Vereen missed 5 of those games. He's a different position and different type of player to Gronk but can give a lot of the things he does, great on third down, great red zone option. Plus, Amendola missed most of those games injured or playing injured, while Dobson and Thompkins were very much in rookie mode. They are legitimate threats now.

But it won't be the O that costs us in the run. Defense is just too week without Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo. Just a whole load of bad luck. Winning in Miami and Baltimore will be tough, if we can pull that out and get the number one seed my confidence will soar. The defense is riding on the secondary staying fit, it's pretty good when they are all out there. For me, it always comes down to how well you can pass the ball and well you can defend the pass,potential still there to do both.

The Broncos team now reminds me so much of the Pats side that lost the SuperBowl to the Giants a few years ago. A scoring machine but cannot defend the pass, but there's always one play-off game where those type of offenses get shut down and the defense needs to pull it out. The Pats only needed one stop at the end of that Superbowl but Eli just marched down the field with ease.

It looks like the AFC may come down to Peyton vs Brady in a shoot out. Still feel they have one more championship dual left in them at least. Should have happened last year if Raheem Moore defends the 'Hail Flacco' properly.

Home field will be big in that event. Peyton struggles to win New England and and against Brady which makes having it at home crucial.

I would only give the Chiefs and Bengals a shot out of the other teams, but considering I think they would need to win in both New England and Denver (I can't see any other 1 and 2 seeds what ever the order) I would have to say that's too tough an ask.
The NFL Thread on 08:17 - Dec 30 with 1453 viewscsf

SO the regular season is finished, at least two coaches have gone already if you count Kubiak. I can see Schwartz being added to that list. Mad how things pan out, thought the Lions were a shoe-in for the playoffs but alas it wasn't to be.

Any other obvious sackings coming up?
The NFL Thread on 08:29 - Dec 30 with 1447 viewsClinton

The NFL Thread on 08:17 - Dec 30 by csf

SO the regular season is finished, at least two coaches have gone already if you count Kubiak. I can see Schwartz being added to that list. Mad how things pan out, thought the Lions were a shoe-in for the playoffs but alas it wasn't to be.

Any other obvious sackings coming up?

Don't know about sackings, but good luck to the Colts on Jan 4. Home field vs Kansas.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The NFL Thread on 08:45 - Dec 30 with 1441 viewscsf

The NFL Thread on 08:29 - Dec 30 by Clinton

Don't know about sackings, but good luck to the Colts on Jan 4. Home field vs Kansas.

Would love the Chiefs to go further just because it's a great story and a fantastic turnaround, but think the Colts will do it. They seem to be on the up while the Chiefs are sliding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024