Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a Racism a Bad Thing 08:53 - Jul 30 with 4883 viewsWatchman

Discuss

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 11:01 - Jul 30 with 4840 viewsBilly_Windsor

yes
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 14:33 - Jul 30 with 4755 viewswilko

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 11:01 - Jul 30 by Billy_Windsor

yes

yes
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 17:33 - Jul 30 with 4722 viewsepaul

Absolutely and dont stop talking about it, look at this f*cking disgusting, swap the govt for the nazi party and you wouldnt know the diff, when was the last timr that uber c*nt Cameron shaved his upper lip.

http://scriptonitedaily.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/newsflash-uk-border-agency-id-c
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 17:33]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 19:43 - Jul 30 with 4683 viewsFree_Willy

Is positive discrimination a bad thing?
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 4672 viewsHerohead

I would rather discuss, what IS racism these days?

Some find it racist to depict sterotypes: danish vikings, cheap scotsmen etc etc.
Some defines it to "view people of color as lesser beings"

How do you define it?

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 10:42 - Jul 31 with 4605 viewsThe_Kev

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 20:29 - Jul 30 by Herohead

I would rather discuss, what IS racism these days?

Some find it racist to depict sterotypes: danish vikings, cheap scotsmen etc etc.
Some defines it to "view people of color as lesser beings"

How do you define it?

I would describe it as discriminating against someone because of the colour of their skin or their ethnic background.
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 11:52 - Jul 31 with 4564 viewsMan_Jolby

Apparently Planet Swans is rasist, although I don't believe it myself.

Poll: Should use of E-cigs be permitted inside the Liberty on match days?

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 12:10 - Aug 3 with 4412 viewsCatullus

Any form of discrimination is bad. Positive discrimination too. There is nothing positive is giving anyone an undeserved advantage because of the colour of their skin or ethnic background.
We should all have the same chance at everything.

Racism is built on ignorance and fear.

Question....is it racist to say black people make better athletes? It being a racial stereotype. Or is it ok because it is apparently true?
To me, it is wrong to use certain racial stereotypes. Such as the Irish are thick, the Scots are tight etc. There is no real basis for saying those things.
If something is true, why should it be wrong to say it?
I do think too many people are too thin skinned though. That or they go looking for problems so they can gain an advantage or make money from it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 05:05 - Aug 4 with 4317 viewsNOTRAC

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 12:10 - Aug 3 by Catullus

Any form of discrimination is bad. Positive discrimination too. There is nothing positive is giving anyone an undeserved advantage because of the colour of their skin or ethnic background.

Question....is it racist to say black people make better athletes? It being a racial stereotype. Or is it ok because it is apparently true?
To me, it is wrong to use certain racial stereotypes. Such as the Irish are thick, the Scots are tight etc. There is no real basis for saying those things.
I do think too many people are too thin skinned though. That or they go looking for problems so they can gain an advantage or make money from it.

Which is the worst.A racist remark , or the loss of free speech?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 4268 viewsCatullus

Freedom of speech doesn't mean the right to preach hatred.
But it also doesn't mean you're racist if you complain about immigration.
Freedom of speech is very important, but so is stopping hate, in whichever form it takes.
So both would be equally wrong.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 4252 viewssunshinehead

As I understand it black people have more responsive fast twitch muscle fibres, generally conducive to explosive speed and power from a standstill and over short distance. I only believe it as I was told by an expert, is that racist? If it is, is it because it is untrue or because it is a generalisation?
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 11:03 - Aug 4 with 4231 viewssomersetsimon

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 10:42 - Jul 31 by The_Kev

I would describe it as discriminating against someone because of the colour of their skin or their ethnic background.

"I would describe it as discriminating against someone because of the colour of their skin or their ethnic background." That's a pretty good definition and that is always unacceptable.

It's also important to differentiate between being racist and anti-immigration. Although it's not my own personal view, it can be perfectly possible to hold anti-immigration views without being racist.
However, in practice, the political parties who claim to be purely anti-immigration tend to let their mask slip now and again and show their real racist views.

Personally, I think that if someone can make a contribution to this country we should welcome them in.
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 11:14 - Aug 4 with 4224 viewssomersetsimon

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 09:40 - Aug 4 by sunshinehead

As I understand it black people have more responsive fast twitch muscle fibres, generally conducive to explosive speed and power from a standstill and over short distance. I only believe it as I was told by an expert, is that racist? If it is, is it because it is untrue or because it is a generalisation?

I've also heard research that says there is no significant physical difference, it's more cultural. e.g. All athletic Jamaican's go into sprinting because that's their most popular sport and they may not have the infrastructure to support too many other activities.

There was a famous book called The Bell Curve a few years ago that claimed to show that (at least in the US), the average IQ of black people was lower than that of white people. It also showed the IQ of asian americans was higher than white americans, but that bit didn't get so much publicity.
Subsequent studies pointed out that the results were more affected by culture, class and education and that, when you controlled for income level, etc, there was no difference. In general, black people in the US tend to be poorer than white people, so actually that was the biggest factor.
There was also the issue that certain groups of people would be more familiar with IQ tests than others.
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 17:41 - Aug 7 with 4085 viewsVetchitBack

Agree that the more poignant question is "what is racism?"

It grown to be a catch-all term for things the new establishment doesn't like.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 20:04 - Aug 9 with 3988 viewsDafyddHuw

To Watchman
What's more interesting is why you're even asking the question.

Here's one for you -
Is breathing in and out a bad thing? Discuss.
Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 00:27 - Sep 5 with 3611 viewsBelfast

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 09:40 - Aug 4 by sunshinehead

I am led to believe, but suggest otherwise that black people have larger marrow retention in dense bone areas thus causing their ability to portray an amphibious mammal difficult. This would explain a lack of shiny medals in various olympic and national events whilst dipped in county council water.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Is a Racism a Bad Thing on 06:02 - Sep 5 with 3594 viewsHighjack

Please don't be racist against people with thin skin.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024