Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 and 2 end of season 00:08 - Apr 24 with 3219 viewsGetMeRangers

Game of the weekend has to be Bees v Donny, with Bees needing a win to pip donny to auto promotion.
Bottom of League 2 is made with any one of seven teams possibly relegated with Daggers york an interesting scrap
League 1 and 2 end of season on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 792 viewsparker64

League 1 and 2 end of season on 14:59 - Apr 24 by Northernr

They absolutely hate us and will be massively pumped up for both games.
Our players don't give a fck about our club and won't ever get pumped up for anything to do with it.

The idea of Brentford the well run club with the forward thinking manager and the passionate team taking four or even six points from us next season does not appeal greatly.

You forgot their new ground
League 1 and 2 end of season on 19:16 - Apr 24 with 777 viewsrunningman75

Barnet are moving to Canons Park area. I only work a couple of miles from their ground. Was saying to a colleague that I will probably try to go to a few Barnet games next season , depending on r's ticket prices and when their matches are.
League 1 and 2 end of season on 19:27 - Apr 24 with 767 viewsswitchingcode

Our players don't give a fck about our club and won't ever get pumped up for anything to do with it.

The idea of Brentford the well run club with the forward thinking manager and the passionate team taking four or even six points from us next season does not appeal greatly.

Don't think brentford taking points off us would hapen as if they go up they will go straight back down.They won't have the finance or fan base to survive in the championship.
League 1 and 2 end of season on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 747 viewsColombiR

League 1 and 2 end of season on 19:27 - Apr 24 by switchingcode

Don't think brentford taking points off us would hapen as if they go up they will go straight back down.They won't have the finance or fan base to survive in the championship.

Really?! After watching limitless cash turn us into pretty much the worst and certainly the most odious Premiership team to have existed, and having then seen Norwich and Swansea survive comfortably, are we really going to be so arrogant as to think Brentford would be an easy six points?

We've been unbelievably bad in the last two years and still managed to take seven points from four games off Chelsea. They HATED it.

If the worst happens, get Birch, Kev and Cooky out of retirement for the Brentford game because it'll be our only hope. Norf is 100% right. Griffin Park would be a cauldron and we'd surrender. Worse, they'd probably beat us at LR too.

I'm sure that, looking at it objectively, Brentford are a lovely little club that should be a candidate for everyone's second team. Well-run, likeable manager, tiny club punching above their weight, pub on each corner of the ground etc.

But I'm not objective, I'm subjective. I'm a QPR fan, Ealing boy, grew up surrounded by morons chanting OWUSU in school (one is now a "gooner" according to Twitter, mug) and absolutely farking hate Brentford. Not enough to want them to disappear from the face of the earth like Chelsea, but just enough to want them NEVER to beat us or be above us. I could not take it.

The season in division two when they had Sidwell, Ingimarsson, Stephen Hunt, Owusu, Ben Burgess etc under Coppell and were pretty much the best side in the league I absolutely HATED when games against them approached. Could hardly sleep for a week before. Somehow we escaped with a 0-0 and 1-1 (I think?) thanks to a couple of open goal misses and I've rarely been so relieved. I can take stick from Chelsea fans, they just look silly, but not Brentford.

The only time I've celebrated another team's downfall as much as Brentford failing to go up that year was when T***y hit his penalty against the post in the CL final and I snogged the TV in the common room at uni in front of a room full of plastic Samsung shirt-wearing bastards.

Birch's goal the next year and the ensuing pitch invasion was one of the pinnacles of my QPR-supporting career. But I can live with the memory, I don't need to relive it. I don't want to look like a tw*t by giving them stick, I'm happy to keep on pretending they don't exist. It's just not worth the risk.

Even worse they've actually picked up some glory-hunters this season. In any other situation it would be uplifting to see smaller teams finding fans in London instead of the usual ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea monopoly, but if another ex-school mate who's shown no interest in football up to now suddenly starts writing #BEELIEVE on Facebook at the age of 26 I'll, I'll, I'll... probably just let the anger burn up inside to honest. But argh.

If Brentford do go up, I'll be glad I'm no longer in the country.
So, in short, #PrayForDonny
League 1 and 2 end of season on 12:04 - Apr 25 with 708 viewswelwynhoop

Bees fans were singing 'Mark Hughes is a Brentford fan' earlier on in the season and there is certainly a huge amount of vitriol amongst them against us- I should know my husband and son are season ticket holders at Griffin Park! I really shouldn't wish for them to be unhappy (but I just can't help it).
League 1 and 2 end of season on 12:16 - Apr 25 with 701 viewsJonDoeman

League 1 and 2 end of season on 12:04 - Apr 25 by welwynhoop

Bees fans were singing 'Mark Hughes is a Brentford fan' earlier on in the season and there is certainly a huge amount of vitriol amongst them against us- I should know my husband and son are season ticket holders at Griffin Park! I really shouldn't wish for them to be unhappy (but I just can't help it).

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101018&page=89

89 pages of season long vitriol!

It Is What It Is !!

League 1 and 2 end of season on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 686 viewsRangersw12

League 1 and 2 end of season on 12:16 - Apr 25 by JonDoeman

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101018&page=89

89 pages of season long vitriol!

I wonder if they will have a countdown to playing us like they did last time
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
League 1 and 2 end of season on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 678 viewstoboboly

League 1 and 2 end of season on 20:07 - Apr 24 by ColombiR

Really?! After watching limitless cash turn us into pretty much the worst and certainly the most odious Premiership team to have existed, and having then seen Norwich and Swansea survive comfortably, are we really going to be so arrogant as to think Brentford would be an easy six points?

We've been unbelievably bad in the last two years and still managed to take seven points from four games off Chelsea. They HATED it.

If the worst happens, get Birch, Kev and Cooky out of retirement for the Brentford game because it'll be our only hope. Norf is 100% right. Griffin Park would be a cauldron and we'd surrender. Worse, they'd probably beat us at LR too.

I'm sure that, looking at it objectively, Brentford are a lovely little club that should be a candidate for everyone's second team. Well-run, likeable manager, tiny club punching above their weight, pub on each corner of the ground etc.

But I'm not objective, I'm subjective. I'm a QPR fan, Ealing boy, grew up surrounded by morons chanting OWUSU in school (one is now a "gooner" according to Twitter, mug) and absolutely farking hate Brentford. Not enough to want them to disappear from the face of the earth like Chelsea, but just enough to want them NEVER to beat us or be above us. I could not take it.

The season in division two when they had Sidwell, Ingimarsson, Stephen Hunt, Owusu, Ben Burgess etc under Coppell and were pretty much the best side in the league I absolutely HATED when games against them approached. Could hardly sleep for a week before. Somehow we escaped with a 0-0 and 1-1 (I think?) thanks to a couple of open goal misses and I've rarely been so relieved. I can take stick from Chelsea fans, they just look silly, but not Brentford.

The only time I've celebrated another team's downfall as much as Brentford failing to go up that year was when T***y hit his penalty against the post in the CL final and I snogged the TV in the common room at uni in front of a room full of plastic Samsung shirt-wearing bastards.

Birch's goal the next year and the ensuing pitch invasion was one of the pinnacles of my QPR-supporting career. But I can live with the memory, I don't need to relive it. I don't want to look like a tw*t by giving them stick, I'm happy to keep on pretending they don't exist. It's just not worth the risk.

Even worse they've actually picked up some glory-hunters this season. In any other situation it would be uplifting to see smaller teams finding fans in London instead of the usual ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea monopoly, but if another ex-school mate who's shown no interest in football up to now suddenly starts writing #BEELIEVE on Facebook at the age of 26 I'll, I'll, I'll... probably just let the anger burn up inside to honest. But argh.

If Brentford do go up, I'll be glad I'm no longer in the country.
So, in short, #PrayForDonny

Great rant!

And completely true which is a worry. They absolutely hate us, half of my mates are Brentford fans, we are their C******.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 and 2 end of season on 14:06 - Apr 25 with 654 viewssimmo

Remember how dismissive Chelscum were of 'little old QPR' when we joined the Premier League? The statement on their website before the game talking in the most condescending terms possible? Then we took 7 points from 9 off them. Now they know who we are.

The fact is even if we are dismissive about it one team that considers another an intense rival will up their game and go that extra mile. We dont even have players that realise what it means to wear the oppositions shirt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

League 1 and 2 end of season on 14:12 - Apr 25 with 650 viewsA40Bosh

League 1 and 2 end of season on 11:25 - Apr 24 by 18StoneOfHoop

Saw Brentford v Bournemouth 0-0 at Griffin on New Year's Day -sub-par from Uwe's men that day,a lot of hoofball..My live match the day after was at the Bridge we all know what happened.
The quality of footie between the two games seemed light years apart...After the massive personnel changes that will inevitably take place this summer I still can't believe that we'll not have enough quality left that we can't do 'em. Are the wheels about to come off so badly that we enter freefall tumbling down the leagues? Surely not.
I want the Bees to go up on Saturday in their winner-takes-all showdown with Donny and then the derbies would be the matches I'd look forward to most next season. Quite surprised at Clive's attitude and pessimistic reasoning.

I agree about Brentford coming up, the sadistic part of me hopes they get up because I will enjoy people on here getting wound up by the stick we will be getting from Brentford forum posters ahead of our games.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

League 1 and 2 end of season on 14:22 - Apr 25 with 643 viewsAlbRanger

Please let this be the season that Barnet fall through the trapdoor. Would be the one bright spot on the season.

I have a sneaking recollection that they first got relegated from the football league the same season we dropped out of the PL - can't be bothered to look it up to confirm.
League 1 and 2 end of season on 20:57 - Apr 25 with 594 viewsYorkRanger

League 1 and 2 end of season on 11:01 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Would like to see Wolves and then one of Burnley, Blackburn or Huddersfield go simply from a travel expenses and quality of awayday point of view.

Coming up preferably Doncaster and Yeovil - one a great day out, the other a new ground. Basically as long as it's not Brentford I'm not fussed.

League Two hopefully York to go.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Clive...No no no......

Wolves and Millwall down please. Donny and Sheffield utd up.

Anyone but York to go (other than AFC if poss)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024