Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sven 20:16 - Nov 21 with 6704 viewsHayesender

2-1 with Betfair apparently

I think I really would cry

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sven on 10:06 - Nov 22 with 979 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sven on 10:47 - Nov 22 with 928 viewsTacticalR

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want Sven, although I don't think he is wickedness incarnate. Nor can he be blamed for the decline of England as a footballing power. His arrival at any club simply indicates that that club has become part of the footballing circus.

Air hostess clique

Sven on 10:54 - Nov 22 with 910 viewsdaveB

Sven on 09:29 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

I wonder who could be spreading rumours of Harry not coming and Sven is favourite? Maybes board who can't afford to sack Hughes?

or the agents of Redknapp and Sven
Sven on 11:04 - Nov 22 with 894 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd rather have Sven Hassel.

I've met Sven, seemed like a nice chap but I do not want him as manager.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sven on 11:06 - Nov 22 with 886 viewshoopstilidie

The fact is that we could employ the Krankies as manager and I would still blindly think that we were going to turn the corner and become a top 6 team.
I can't help it.

I may bluster and squeak (thanks Brighton) about this that and the other where Rangers are concerned at times (often) but at the end of the day all sensibilities and joined up thinking desert me about QPR and my inner idiot still believes in the impossible, can't shake it.

"It's all a bit of a blip" and "we will rise to the top again", "top team in London", "European football", "a heartbeat away from being champions".
I can't help these thoughts. However ridiculous and unlikely they may be.

And, I venture, neither can the majority of you.

It won't matter who's in the dugout, it won't matter who's on the field or, even, who's in the boardroom. We'll still be here, we'll still be agonising over every up-coming game and secretly predicting a win as "you never know".
It's who we are, it's what we do.

And do you know what, I think the masochist inside me wouldn't have it any other way.

Success? It's probably over-rated anyway, most of the fun is in getting there not being there.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Sven on 11:17 - Nov 22 with 874 viewsessextaxiboy

Sven on 11:06 - Nov 22 by hoopstilidie

The fact is that we could employ the Krankies as manager and I would still blindly think that we were going to turn the corner and become a top 6 team.
I can't help it.

I may bluster and squeak (thanks Brighton) about this that and the other where Rangers are concerned at times (often) but at the end of the day all sensibilities and joined up thinking desert me about QPR and my inner idiot still believes in the impossible, can't shake it.

"It's all a bit of a blip" and "we will rise to the top again", "top team in London", "European football", "a heartbeat away from being champions".

It won't matter who's in the dugout, it won't matter who's on the field or, even, who's in the boardroom. We'll still be here, we'll still be agonising over every up-coming game and secretly predicting a win as "you never know".

And do you know what, I think the masochist inside me wouldn't have it any other way.

Success? It's probably over-rated anyway, most of the fun is in getting there not being there.

What a great post , pre season I found myself on here arguing that if Newcastle could threaten the top 4 why couldnt we ?

Couldnt anybody else see what great signings we had made FFS .
Sven on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 850 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Or Sven Forkbeard (sorry thinking aloud)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sven on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 846 viewsTheBlob

I had a Volvo called Sven.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Sven on 11:32 - Nov 22 with 840 viewskensalriser

Sven is a joke and there's no chance of him being appointed. Fernandes can't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice in a row.

I think the shrewdest appointment in the last year is Laudrup at Swansea. They appreciate what kind of club they are and went for a no-name, young, apparently talented manager with a good recent CV and who fitted with their style of play. Same goes for their player signings. That was good research by a club that seems to just get on with business and never mind the grand gestures and bullshit PR.

There's just far too much hubris and grandstanding at QPR and it's not just Hughes. Some people keep on talking about what they're doing, others just get on with the doing. QPR is overflowing with the former.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sven on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 827 viewsderbyhoop

Sven on 11:32 - Nov 22 by kensalriser

Sven is a joke and there's no chance of him being appointed. Fernandes can't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice in a row.

I think the shrewdest appointment in the last year is Laudrup at Swansea. They appreciate what kind of club they are and went for a no-name, young, apparently talented manager with a good recent CV and who fitted with their style of play. Same goes for their player signings. That was good research by a club that seems to just get on with business and never mind the grand gestures and bullshit PR.

There's just far too much hubris and grandstanding at QPR and it's not just Hughes. Some people keep on talking about what they're doing, others just get on with the doing. QPR is overflowing with the former.

Spot on. "They appreciate what kind of club they are". I don't think we know our own.

We are not Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal or any other big name, big spending club. We do not have the support or the fanbase to be that sort of club.

We could be bigger than we actually are, but it's going to take years of steady and unspectacular investment and progress.

The last 6 months have surely put paid to the idea that progress is driven by high profile names and big spending.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sven on 11:46 - Nov 22 with 818 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sven on 11:17 - Nov 22 by essextaxiboy

What a great post , pre season I found myself on here arguing that if Newcastle could threaten the top 4 why couldnt we ?

Couldnt anybody else see what great signings we had made FFS .

We should have followed the Newcastle model. They got rid of the manager early, replaced him with a better manager and replaced all the mercenaries with affordable quality players who are on less money and have huge transfer value.

They seem to have an excellent scouting systen at Newcastle.
Sven on 12:02 - Nov 22 with 797 viewsTacticalR

Sven on 11:46 - Nov 22 by SpiritofGregory

We should have followed the Newcastle model. They got rid of the manager early, replaced him with a better manager and replaced all the mercenaries with affordable quality players who are on less money and have huge transfer value.

Hmmm...that sounds pretty straightforward.

I would only add we should also win all our remaining games. You know it makes sense.

Air hostess clique

Sven on 12:26 - Nov 22 with 769 viewswelwynhoop

The best manager to avoid the drop would be Martin Allen.............
Sven on 12:28 - Nov 22 with 760 viewsdaveB

Sven on 11:46 - Nov 22 by SpiritofGregory

they had to go down to make that happen and faced huge protests against the board when they started with that idea instead of backing Keegan in the transfer market
Sven on 12:42 - Nov 22 with 726 viewsShotKneesHoop

Sven on 12:26 - Nov 22 by welwynhoop

The best manager to avoid the drop would be Martin Allen.............

That's not such a bad shout, especially as all the mercenaries would finish up in a wooden box with Martin Allen taking a pop at them.

I couldn't see SWP, Leadswinga, Zamoaner and the rest lasting very long with him in charge. Who's he scaring the shyte out of at the moment? Let's get him in to sort them out. Football would be incidental with him, but at least a few might start to try.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sven on 12:46 - Nov 22 with 715 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sven on 12:58 - Nov 22 with 690 viewsPommyhoop

Sven on 11:06 - Nov 22 by hoopstilidie

I can't help it.

Great post .
Started a thread about it ...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sven on 13:06 - Nov 22 with 671 viewsTW_R

Sven on 21:16 - Nov 21 by daveB

Sven had the single greatest central midfielder this country has produced since Bobby Charlton in Paul Scholes and he played him on the left wing. Enough said, he has England best squad for a generation and did nothing with it

Well, other than getting to the quarter-finals of 3 major tournaments in a row (any other England manager done that?), losing 2 of those on penalties and losing one from a flukey free-kick from the half-way line. Plus giving us the best win over Germany anyone can remember.

Saying all that, I don't want Sven anywhere near QPR.
Sven on 13:07 - Nov 22 with 665 viewsTW_R

Sven on 23:10 - Nov 21 by Northernr

Basically everything that Neil said. Appointing Sven would be the final, final straw. That is a man interested in his cock and his wallet and is quite happy to use football clubs to get what he wants for both. A slimy, sleezy moron who has long since given up giving a tos about football except when he can use it to further said cock and wallet quests. I would do exactly what my dad would have done and go and watch Grimsby Town until QPR regain their fcking senses.

"That is a man interested in his cock and his wallet....."

And what's wrong with that?
Sven on 12:11 - Nov 23 with 598 viewswelwynhoop

Sven on 12:42 - Nov 22 by ShotKneesHoop

That's not such a bad shout, especially as all the mercenaries would finish up in a wooden box with Martin Allen taking a pop at them.

I couldn't see SWP, Leadswinga, Zamoaner and the rest lasting very long with him in charge. Who's he scaring the shyte out of at the moment? Let's get him in to sort them out. Football would be incidental with him, but at least a few might start to try.

MA is currently top of the table with Gillingham. Not doing so bad!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024