Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar 17:13 - Oct 2 with 1975 viewsDaleBars

Hello everyone, I've been considering the idea of introducing another cask ale, which has been suggested here a few times. Currently, we have MPA, which is quite a popular drink. On average, it sells two barrels on Saturday and one barrel during Tuesday matches.

Both bars are served by the same barrel, with two pumps each. There are a couple of options: introduce a new cask for both bars running off the same barrel, which would mean losing MPA entirely, or keep MPA in the Dale Bar and introduce a different cask in The Ratcliffe.

We must take wastage into account; once a cask ale is tapped, we have only five days to sell it. This is why it may sometimes run out at half-time, and we choose not to tap another one. Simply put, we cannot sell another 60 pints within the remaining time, and it won't last until the next home match. With matches scheduled for both Saturday and Tuesday, it might be feasible to attempt this.

Over the past two seasons, we've featured plum pudding at Christmas from a single barrel, and it was well-received. However, I'm aware that there were supporters who missed their MPA.

I prefer to supply both bars from a single barrel, as it's the most efficient way to reduce waste. However, I am aware that this may inconvenience some supporters if they cannot purchase their regular matchday drink, possibly resulting in a less enjoyable matchday experience.

Please let us know your feedback

Thank you

Poll: Remove Carlsberg from Our Spot for Original Lager

Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 1906 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Great communication DB and also useful how the system works and as you point out , keep any wastage to a min.
Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 1869 views442Dale

Is it worth a trial with MPA and a different one available at each bar for the next home game? See what feedback there is from people around buying at different bars and the new drink itself.

Thanks for the explanation of the process too!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 20:09 - Oct 2 with 1641 views100569

Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 17:57 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

Is it worth a trial with MPA and a different one available at each bar for the next home game? See what feedback there is from people around buying at different bars and the new drink itself.

Thanks for the explanation of the process too!

Yeah....I'm for that. Try a different one in each bar. I'm an MPA drinker but would probably drink both if the option was there.
Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 06:55 - Oct 4 with 1084 viewsDale_4_Life

Just having a cask ale as an option sets us apart from the vast majority of clubs so thanks for that.

MPA covers a lot of bases and appreciate the difficulty regarding shelf life.

If the bars are upping their game I guess we better up ours and drink a bit more!

Cask Ale Ratcliffe/Dale Bar on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 970 viewsDaleyBrent

I'd definitely pop in to try the Double Hopped Ale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024