Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying 21:38 - Sep 29 with 13147 viewsrobshaker

"this famous old club"

whens the draw???
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:02 - Oct 4 with 4538 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 22:48 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

If 1500 bury fans want to go and there aren't 1500 spaces or tickets available, then 1500 can't go, can they?

no but whats the harm in asking? what about an opportunity for the other club to make some dough? what about demand?, if the other club agrees to the switch then its the FA says ok or not.

we gone past this stage now tho future home sides wont want to give up home advantage now.
[Post edited 4 Oct 23:25]
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:05 - Oct 4 with 4526 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 22:42 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

Why is there a safety issue? They get a certain amount of tickets and that’s all the fans that can go.

Otherwise, why didn’t the Radcliffe game get switched presuming Bury’s “1500” fans wanted to go?

Also, why is it pay on the gate at Longridge tomorrow if there are so many fans travelling to watch this amazing new club? Isn’t that a safety issue?

Or, and this may be the case Rob, are you plucking figures out of the air to try and justify any Bury fan asking for a game to be switched?

'yawn'

maybe radcliffe didnt want to give up home advantage flower.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:07 - Oct 4 with 4512 viewsTVOS1907

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:02 - Oct 4 by robshaker

no but whats the harm in asking? what about an opportunity for the other club to make some dough? what about demand?, if the other club agrees to the switch then its the FA says ok or not.

we gone past this stage now tho future home sides wont want to give up home advantage now.
[Post edited 4 Oct 23:25]

Didn't 1500 want to go to Harborough?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:33 - Oct 4 with 4475 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:07 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

Didn't 1500 want to go to Harborough?

and their shit out of luck hun our allocation is only 600
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 14:08 - Oct 7 with 4046 viewsceme_ender

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:49 - Oct 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

I don’t really understand why you keep poking Rob. All that matters is what has happened in the last 6 or so years of our clubs existence. Yours died, your fans ignored the truth, you enjoyed the ride! I hated the last 6 years and that tvvat Bottomley, but we never swapped our cow for those magic beans and although we could have easily gone under, we didn’t for reasons above.

I miss clubs like Colne Dynamos, bury, Bradford PA etc, but if they can’t learn from their numerous mistakes, what can you do?

Let's get it right, you would have gone under, same as us, if you wouldnt have got extremely lucky with the current owner coming in very late on to save you.
Most fans havent ignored the truth and are fully aware of the realities of the situation we find ourselves in.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 17:14 - Oct 7 with 3863 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 14:08 - Oct 7 by ceme_ender

Let's get it right, you would have gone under, same as us, if you wouldnt have got extremely lucky with the current owner coming in very late on to save you.
Most fans havent ignored the truth and are fully aware of the realities of the situation we find ourselves in.

Our situation was nothing like yours in fairness. Surely you can see that?
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 19:39 - Oct 7 with 3660 viewsnordenblue

Thankfully fans of certain clubs can see through all the bullshit and lovely flashing lights of #enjoytheride and do a bit of homework and digging with regards to potential owners, they can also question silly spending too and hold the board to account even if the questions are a bit tricky, also realised when its obviously losing money so cut the cloth accordingly where possible, didnt go bust owing millions to various local business, then pretend nothings happened and how its all the nasty FAs fault.....but yes as you say it's literally identical 🙄
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:16 - Oct 7 with 3607 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough by batman 16 Oct 2015 14:17
Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills

At least we have always cut our cloth accordingly selling players to cover bills

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:39 - Oct 8 with 3123 viewsceme_ender

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 20:16 - Oct 7 by James1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough by batman 16 Oct 2015 14:17
Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills

At least we have always cut our cloth accordingly selling players to cover bills

That's not quite true though is, with unsustainable loses made in the last three years, you did overspend, substantially, as your accounts showed. Not to the same extent as bury, but you were on a way slope into extinction, no different to bury, two million of debt or ten mill, still enough to send you under.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 19:17 - Oct 8 with 3075 views442Dale

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:39 - Oct 8 by ceme_ender

That's not quite true though is, with unsustainable loses made in the last three years, you did overspend, substantially, as your accounts showed. Not to the same extent as bury, but you were on a way slope into extinction, no different to bury, two million of debt or ten mill, still enough to send you under.

The difference was Bury fans, including the supporters organisation who represented them, did very little when the club was signing players whilst the debt built. They then celebrated the achievements of those players irrespective of the damage it would do to the long term future of the club.

At every stage issues have arisen at Dale over the last few years, supporters have acted, ensured their representative organisation acted and at no stage allowed anyone connected with the club, no matter what they’d done previously, to avoid being answerable to the fans.

Were we run well? Not claiming we have been in recent years. Dale fans won’t dispute that, we wouldn’t be in the National League if we were. But Dale supporters did everything they could to improve the situation, and continued to even when some efforts failed.

It could be said that because of those consistent efforts and refusal to accept a situation, it has helped to get us to the position where we are at present. You earn your luck.

And even now, we still demand improvements to ensure lessons are learnt from the mistakes of the past.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 19:44 - Oct 8 with 3013 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:39 - Oct 8 by ceme_ender

I’m just glad you spelt ‘bury’ with a small b. That’ll get right up the nose of that skyblueshaker bitter. She’s never got over me goading her into a crowd nonce reply on the way to the ground after a meet up.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:13 - Oct 8 with 2880 viewsrobshaker

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 19:44 - Oct 8 by kel

I’m just glad you spelt ‘bury’ with a small b. That’ll get right up the nose of that skyblueshaker bitter. She’s never got over me goading her into a crowd nonce reply on the way to the ground after a meet up.

442 spelt it right tho
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 05:56 - Oct 9 with 2703 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:13 - Oct 8 by robshaker

442 spelt it right tho

Excellent.

You’ll be addressing his other points in due course too I assume.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 08:13 - Oct 9 with 2665 viewsjudd

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 15:18 - Oct 3 by BarryStrange

Thanks Rob, glad you still have fond memories of him. Nice knowing people valued him being around and still think about him - fook me that Scunthorpe game were cold. Do remember them winning it in the 120th minute and Flicker punching one of theirs for celebrating.

That Jag, which was the only mid life crisis other than the holidays they went on he really got to buy himself, was hilariously s***e. He drove Mum down to the south of France to his brother's place and the clutch went in the middle of nowhere. Across the language barrier the mechanic just manages to get across "the clutch broke because you don't drive properly". He loses his rag, which only happened about once a decade or so but was usually worth watching, at the mechanic. Mum texts us tells us not to bring it up, and they stopped at mine on the journey back up. Obviously first thing I say "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". He gets in a mard about it again, gets back to Whitefield and my sister pops round "I hear the Jag broke cos you can't drive". Which I'll bet he never mentioned to any of his mates on here. He didn't half make life more fun.

Brilliant!

I don't half miss meeting up with your Dad. Nothing but laughs, irrespective of result/performance.

Besses, too, always the voice of reason. RIP both.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:46 - Oct 12 with 2035 viewskel

Just a step too far for you and your cup run today, Rob. Hard lines but no shame in losing to a bigger club.
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 23:25 - Oct 12 with 1545 viewsnordenblue

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:46 - Oct 12 by kel

Just a step too far for you and your cup run today, Rob. Hard lines but no shame in losing to a bigger club.

Go easy, more surprised that little Harborough Town didn't just give the game to the mighty bury knowing how absolutely massive they are
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:49 - Oct 15 with 840 viewsrobshaker

no shame at all flower.. im actually relieved too many cup runs so far for me if im honest.. but congrats on making it to the 1st round this year and drawing your glamour tie with a LEAGUE club but i dont think tvos will be posting many previous history stats hun however enjoy your non league moment you deserve it.

"this famous old club"
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 15:56 - Oct 16 with 621 viewsnordenblue

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:49 - Oct 15 by robshaker

no shame at all flower.. im actually relieved too many cup runs so far for me if im honest.. but congrats on making it to the 1st round this year and drawing your glamour tie with a LEAGUE club but i dont think tvos will be posting many previous history stats hun however enjoy your non league moment you deserve it.

"this famous old club"

Not quite that "old club" though eh rob, I'll help you out a bit......

"BURY A F C 2020-21 Newly formed 2021-22 North West Counties League Division One North Champions Promoted to Premier Division 2023 Merged into Bury"
Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 465 viewskel

Radcliffe 2 - Bury 3 3rd round FA cup qualifying on 21:49 - Oct 15 by robshaker

"this famous old club"

Glad you agree that Harborough are bigger than afc bury. There is humility amongst your fanbase after all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024