Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utterly Sick of It 21:55 - Sep 17 with 30852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our club competes for three competitions every year.
We toss off two of them.

In doing so, we disrespect those two competitions, our opponents, and ourselves.

I will never, never understand it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Utterly Sick of It on 22:25 - Sep 18 with 2978 viewstimcocking

I can understand why they want to use the opportunity to give players experience without it costing us potentially invaluable league points. It is a bloody shame, though, I wish they'd just pick the strongest team.
Utterly Sick of It on 22:26 - Sep 18 with 2979 viewsOldPedro

Utterly Sick of It on 21:59 - Sep 18 by Burnleyhoop

That referee blew for everything and anything. Never allowed the game to flow.

Found it infuriating tbh.

I thought the ref seemed willing to give Palace a free kick for much less than for us. Also, some of our bookings were incredibly soft, Varane's was never a card yet Kamada (I think) got away with a definate yellow early on for a cynical hack nowhere near the ball which meant his 2nd cynical challenge, which he did get booked for could have been a 2nd yellow, or more likely, he wouldn't have committed the foul and we would have been away on the break.

Often seems to happen when a ref with Premier League aspirations refs a game between a Premier League side and a side from a lower division. Same happened in the FA Cup game earlier this year against Bournemouth.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 with 2824 viewsrbee

Utterly Sick of It on 21:26 - Sep 18 by Northernr

If you're going to wait for this QPR regime to tell you things officially you're going to be waiting a while.

The Brooklyn Nets have however announced Ben Williams arrival on their website.

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/brooklyn-nets-announce-staff-additions-and-promoti
Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 with 2820 viewsNorthernr

Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 by rbee

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/brooklyn-nets-announce-staff-additions-and-promoti

When do you think we might be allowed to know?
Utterly Sick of It on 23:32 - Sep 18 with 2780 viewsGroveR

Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 by Northernr

ChatGPNoury says...go and boil your fùcking head.
Utterly Sick of It on 23:33 - Sep 18 with 2776 viewsrbee

Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Sometime after the club lets us know about his back problem?
Utterly Sick of It on 04:33 - Sep 19 with 2634 viewsHoopsie

Last season EFL Cup we lost to Norwich 1-0 with injury time goal in the first round

I don't think there was as much clamour as it is now to demand the coach play his best 11 and go all in.

Archer, Gubbins, Duke-McKenna, larkerche, Richards and Dixon Bonner were in the starting 11. Aoraha and Kolli came on as subs. We lost and the reaction was like "meh", back to the league to fight relegation where some already felt we were heading to L1.

Question - were you "utterly sick" we lost last year to a championship team and that Ainsworth didn't put the strongest starting 11?

What I take from this is - this season many (or some) of us surely must be feeling confident we have a better, stronger team than last year's and beginning to take "bonus" games seriously and demand the club do the same.

It is a good thing, isn't it?
[Post edited 19 Sep 4:35]

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Utterly Sick of It on 07:07 - Sep 19 with 2534 viewsGus_iom

Utterly Sick of It on 22:26 - Sep 18 by OldPedro

I thought the ref seemed willing to give Palace a free kick for much less than for us. Also, some of our bookings were incredibly soft, Varane's was never a card yet Kamada (I think) got away with a definate yellow early on for a cynical hack nowhere near the ball which meant his 2nd cynical challenge, which he did get booked for could have been a 2nd yellow, or more likely, he wouldn't have committed the foul and we would have been away on the break.

Often seems to happen when a ref with Premier League aspirations refs a game between a Premier League side and a side from a lower division. Same happened in the FA Cup game earlier this year against Bournemouth.

I thought so too, said it somewhere else. Hughes's foul was a definite booking as well. It's almost as if the refs feel these games should be played in the manner of a competitive friendly.....
[Post edited 19 Sep 7:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Utterly Sick of It on 08:04 - Sep 19 with 2477 viewscaptainmycaptian

What really really hacks me off Is the oft hand comment from a palace supporting friend of mine
"Btw, good try qpr"
Facking irritating and how times have changed !! We need to have teams not want to get us in the Cup not want to come to Loftus Road to worry about it not to even want to get us at their place. Make any game especially a cup game an awkward difficult tie. Make a groan come out when they have to come down the bush.
Nice Try !!!.......
He got a sprightly reply .... we can't allow teams like palace to get so arrogant
Also an ex ranger who we had to sell was the only reason they won that ...
I like cup runs
[Post edited 19 Sep 13:20]
Utterly Sick of It on 08:40 - Sep 19 with 2390 viewsderbyhoop

I understand where you're coming from. As you say we're only in 3 competitions. Might be a good idea if, even if we are unlikely to win any of the 3, you do your damndest to get as close as possible.
Saying that, Marti has access to a lot of data we dint see. If he believes/is told certain players need resting, so be it. Over the course of a season we're going to use 25+ players. It's not unreasonable to see which of those can cope at our level.
[Post edited 19 Sep 14:16]

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Utterly Sick of It on 11:48 - Sep 19 with 2222 viewsBklynRanger

Utterly Sick of It on 23:26 - Sep 18 by rbee

I see we get referred to as an 'elite organization' in Ben's blurb.

He'll be out on his ear if they check into that.
Utterly Sick of It on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 2042 viewsswitchingcode

Orient made 10 changes for their game at Brentford Tuesday night don’t understand why.
Utterly Sick of It on 07:52 - Sep 20 with 1832 viewsGroveR

Utterly Sick of It on 07:07 - Sep 19 by Gus_iom

I thought so too, said it somewhere else. Hughes's foul was a definite booking as well. It's almost as if the refs feel these games should be played in the manner of a competitive friendly.....
[Post edited 19 Sep 7:21]

And what happened between Field and Nketiah that got Nketiah booked? I thought if he raises his hands it's a straight red. The ref came over, chatted with the lino and seemed to guess at that one.

If Field has wound Eddie up with a bit of sledging then I'm all for that and they should all have been doing that from the first whistle. I'm a huge fan of Eze but if I'd been trying to mark him I'd have been in his ear telling him he was nothing but a two-bob stroller who makes Grealish look good.
Utterly Sick of It on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 1694 viewsTheChef

Utterly Sick of It on 22:15 - Sep 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Interestingly, my 20 year old son didn't give a hoot that we went out.
Just wants to beat Millwall on Saturday. And longer term be promoted.
His reasoning was we are not going to win a cup, so rest players. Promotion is everything.

I do think it is perhaps those that watched in the 80s and 90s desperately want to see that again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I don't want to get promoted. VAR and the rest of the endless media BS, division totally skewed to the success of the top 4. Being game over after going a goal down. Rubbish.

Talking to a Blades fan they're very happy to be back in the Championship.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Utterly Sick of It on 11:46 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsNewBee

Utterly Sick of It on 08:40 - Sep 19 by derbyhoop

I understand where you're coming from. As you say we're only in 3 competitions. Might be a good idea if, even if we are unlikely to win any of the 3, you do your damndest to get as close as possible.
Saying that, Marti has access to a lot of data we dint see. If he believes/is told certain players need resting, so be it. Over the course of a season we're going to use 25+ players. It's not unreasonable to see which of those can cope at our level.
[Post edited 19 Sep 14:16]

Re your point about data etc, after he took over at Brentford, Matthew Benham crunched the data on cup games etc (not just Bees, but all teams I expect), and this told him that cup games were invariably an unhelpful distraction from progress in the league.

As a result, Bees have never fielded their strongest team in cup games, whether as a League One, Championship or Prem team, except for the very rare occasion when they've managed to go deep in a cup.

Make of that what you will.
Utterly Sick of It on 12:17 - Sep 20 with 1520 viewsJuzzie

Utterly Sick of It on 11:46 - Sep 20 by NewBee

Re your point about data etc, after he took over at Brentford, Matthew Benham crunched the data on cup games etc (not just Bees, but all teams I expect), and this told him that cup games were invariably an unhelpful distraction from progress in the league.

As a result, Bees have never fielded their strongest team in cup games, whether as a League One, Championship or Prem team, except for the very rare occasion when they've managed to go deep in a cup.

I get the notion of that but I do think clubs should make this clear and price tickets accordingly.

Did Brentford do this, I know we haven't!

I just think it's only fair on the fans in terms of expectations and cost. Nothing worse than getting a decent crowd, paying a decent wedge, then your U18's trot out onto the pitch.

I also understand clubs don't want fans not to turn up but can't have it both ways, got to be open & transparent IMO or you just pi$$ off your fanbase.
Utterly Sick of It on 17:36 - Sep 20 with 1378 viewsNed_Kennedys

Utterly Sick of It on 10:47 - Sep 20 by TheChef

I don't want to get promoted. VAR and the rest of the endless media BS, division totally skewed to the success of the top 4. Being game over after going a goal down. Rubbish.

Talking to a Blades fan they're very happy to be back in the Championship.

Well they would be as Sheffield United made absolutely no effort to remain in the Premier League and embarrassed themselves and took the piss out of their own fans. If we ever went up again I’d hope we’d invest wisely and at least have a good go and be competitive like Luton did.
Utterly Sick of It on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 1339 viewsAntti_Heinola

Utterly Sick of It on 11:46 - Sep 20 by NewBee

What a depressing post.
Not sure why on earth he needed to crunch the numbers for something so blindingly obvious, but these days you should be going all out in the Cups. What else is there?

Bare bones.

Utterly Sick of It on 17:53 - Sep 20 with 1319 viewsNorthernr

Utterly Sick of It on 17:48 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

What a depressing post.
Not sure why on earth he needed to crunch the numbers for something so blindingly obvious, but these days you should be going all out in the Cups. What else is there?

It's also hilarious how literally everything is "oh, yeh, Benham ran it through his big computer and it said signing people called Jack is bad so we don't do that any more".
Utterly Sick of It on 17:56 - Sep 20 with 1301 viewsJuzzie

Utterly Sick of It on 17:53 - Sep 20 by Northernr

It's also hilarious how literally everything is "oh, yeh, Benham ran it through his big computer and it said signing people called Jack is bad so we don't do that any more".

Is that how we ended up with Colback?!

"Computer said no"

[Post edited 20 Sep 17:58]
Utterly Sick of It on 20:22 - Sep 20 with 1151 viewsGus_iom

Utterly Sick of It on 11:48 - Sep 19 by BklynRanger

I see we get referred to as an 'elite organization' in Ben's blurb.

He'll be out on his ear if they check into that.

He actually said 'a lightweight organisation', they heard what they wanted to.
Utterly Sick of It on 14:36 - Sep 21 with 912 viewsGaryBannister86

Can I be the first to say - we rested players for that???????????????????????????

Ownership, board members, put something in any manager's must-do list right now.

THOU SHALT NOT REST PLAYERS IN A CUP TIE SO WE CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN SOME DULL LEAGUE GAME 5 DAYS LATER

arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Utterly Sick of It on 14:50 - Sep 21 with 797 viewsessextaxiboy

Utterly Sick of It on 14:36 - Sep 21 by GaryBannister86

Can I be the first to say - we rested players for that???????????????????????????

Ownership, board members, put something in any manager's must-do list right now.

THOU SHALT NOT REST PLAYERS IN A CUP TIE SO WE CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN SOME DULL LEAGUE GAME 5 DAYS LATER

arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Millwall didn’t play at all in the week , they were much livelier at the end , if he had played todays team on Tues we probably would have lost both IMO
Utterly Sick of It on 14:51 - Sep 21 with 786 viewsGaryBannister86

Utterly Sick of It on 14:50 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

Millwall didn’t play at all in the week , they were much livelier at the end , if he had played todays team on Tues we probably would have lost both IMO

Not to repeat the 500 pages of debate above, I am sure you are right, but I don't care as it isn't the point the cup people on this debate are trying to make.

At least we would have tried our best to win the more important game - the cup tie.
Utterly Sick of It on 15:05 - Sep 21 with 712 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that today's game can be used to back up the varying views.

On the one hand we didn't win today so why did we rest players, on the other if our first team played on Tuesday they would've tired today or got injured midweek, and on the third hand (this is like the Manx flag but with hands) maybe the 'First Eleven' isn't much better than the 'Cup Eleven'.

So, depending on what we all believed on Tuesday Night, weve all been proven right today!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024