Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance 09:00 - Aug 4 with 2260 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62710/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 09:48 - Aug 4 with 1853 viewspembsjack

I feel a lot more optimistic after yesterday's game, although our squad depth is woeful.

Disappointed to see opponents being gifted chances because of messing around at the back, can't keep blaming the keepers, this appears to be the Swansea way which we need to get used to!
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 09:52 - Aug 4 with 1830 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 09:48 - Aug 4 by pembsjack

I feel a lot more optimistic after yesterday's game, although our squad depth is woeful.

Disappointed to see opponents being gifted chances because of messing around at the back, can't keep blaming the keepers, this appears to be the Swansea way which we need to get used to!

No need for it though is there pens.
Think we have enough to do well but this incessant suicidal stuff is madness

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 10:00 - Aug 4 with 1799 viewsSwans9

The stoke fans laughing at us away two years back we played it around at the back for first 70 minutes. They just pushed up on us I don't get it at all. Two seasons ago we conceded alot of our goals by giving it away at the back. One day cost us big time. Teams figure it out grow in confidence it like a Swansea league game when you know you are playing a terrible team and everyone ups their game goes forward trying to score.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 10:01 - Aug 4 with 1796 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 10:00 - Aug 4 by Swans9

The stoke fans laughing at us away two years back we played it around at the back for first 70 minutes. They just pushed up on us I don't get it at all. Two seasons ago we conceded alot of our goals by giving it away at the back. One day cost us big time. Teams figure it out grow in confidence it like a Swansea league game when you know you are playing a terrible team and everyone ups their game goes forward trying to score.

Nothing wrong with Row Z

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 10:47 - Aug 4 with 1649 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m unsure if Rio Ave were that good, it’s hard to compare, however, we will soon find out. Any away trip to Middlesbrough is amongst the hardest of any season in any league.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 11:29 - Aug 4 with 1525 viewsSwans9

Played about at the back by all means but at least vary it with the odd Ashley Williams long ball to keep teams guessing or we be figured out
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 11:40 - Aug 4 with 1494 viewsjack247

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 09:48 - Aug 4 by pembsjack

I don’t want to see our keeper try to dribble around a striker more than once every couple of games. It was deflating to see yesterday.

Rushworth played it out far more than he launched it, but we rarely saw him try to take anyone on or play a cheeky pass in his own box.

You’re right, we need to cut this high risk low reward nonsense out now. We didn’t do much of it last season, but it cost us against Koln and should have yesterday.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 11:44 - Aug 4 with 1467 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 11:29 - Aug 4 by Swans9

Played about at the back by all means but at least vary it with the odd Ashley Williams long ball to keep teams guessing or we be figured out

In the snippets I've seen we have launched it a few times, we have a few players with pace so I expect us to mix and match and think that boro will press us so having players with pace will give them something to think about.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:00 - Aug 5 with 1088 viewsRichardO

What I liked about Saturdays game was Williams changed things because they were causing us problems on our left, he moved Eom to the right and put Abdulai on the left which I think made us better defensively and Williams also moved Franco to the left cutting out balls to their central right sided player, Franco didn't give him the time on the ball he was previously getting again making us stronger on the left but we seem to be better on the right for it.
Martin often made some incomprehensible substitutions and swapped the team around losing us any sort of continuity , Williams seem a bit more where restrained about pulling his team about but happy to tweak it when he feels he needs to.
Williams is new to this level of football buyt seems to have a grasp of what is needed and has recovered well after being dropped into the deep end last year. Steep learning curve.
Teams will always play out from the back given the rule change around the penalty area but it is about having your team know when to do it and how often.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 1051 viewsjack247

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:00 - Aug 5 by RichardO

What I liked about Saturdays game was Williams changed things because they were causing us problems on our left, he moved Eom to the right and put Abdulai on the left which I think made us better defensively and Williams also moved Franco to the left cutting out balls to their central right sided player, Franco didn't give him the time on the ball he was previously getting again making us stronger on the left but we seem to be better on the right for it.
Martin often made some incomprehensible substitutions and swapped the team around losing us any sort of continuity , Williams seem a bit more where restrained about pulling his team about but happy to tweak it when he feels he needs to.
Williams is new to this level of football buyt seems to have a grasp of what is needed and has recovered well after being dropped into the deep end last year. Steep learning curve.
Teams will always play out from the back given the rule change around the penalty area but it is about having your team know when to do it and how often.

This will probably come back to bite me, but I think Williams is seriously underrated by a lot of our fans.

Tactically, he’s streets ahead of Duff and Martin IMO.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:40 - Aug 5 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 11:40 - Aug 4 by jack247

I don’t want to see our keeper try to dribble around a striker more than once every couple of games. It was deflating to see yesterday.

Rushworth played it out far more than he launched it, but we rarely saw him try to take anyone on or play a cheeky pass in his own box.

You’re right, we need to cut this high risk low reward nonsense out now. We didn’t do much of it last season, but it cost us against Koln and should have yesterday.

We simply do not have the talent to play pretty out from the back

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 928 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:40 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

We simply do not have the talent to play pretty out from the back

Nobody does if the a team commits to a press with numbers and that is why Man City's goalie plays the long ball into the wingers as space has been created by them pullng out wide and the fact the pressing has committed numbers forward, the long ball ask the question to the pressing team 's full backs do they go out with them leaving gaps down the middle.
Martin's team in possession going forward eventually either over committed players leaving us susceptible to counter attacks or took the playing out from the back as the only way to play and got punished for it until he changed it.
The midfield has to be able to support both defence and attack quickly again Martin's team was unable to do both, Cooper's team was built on a solid defence would be happy for Luke's team to be somewhere in between from a playing point of view.
[Post edited 5 Aug 17:12]
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:17 - Aug 5 with 912 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:13 - Aug 5 by RichardO

Nobody does if the a team commits to a press with numbers and that is why Man City's goalie plays the long ball into the wingers as space has been created by them pullng out wide and the fact the pressing has committed numbers forward, the long ball ask the question to the pressing team 's full backs do they go out with them leaving gaps down the middle.
Martin's team in possession going forward eventually either over committed players leaving us susceptible to counter attacks or took the playing out from the back as the only way to play and got punished for it until he changed it.
The midfield has to be able to support both defence and attack quickly again Martin's team was unable to do both, Cooper's team was built on a solid defence would be happy for Luke's team to be somewhere in between from a playing point of view.
[Post edited 5 Aug 17:12]

In fairness our keeper did mix it up on Saturday by playing some long balls out to the wings.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:58 - Aug 5 with 845 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:17 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

In fairness our keeper did mix it up on Saturday by playing some long balls out to the wings.

Like to see those balls played quicker whilel our midfield are still further up the park able to support the wingers, people complained about Sagoe Jr on the wing passing back but he had no options in the midfield with the defending midfielders dropped too far back and our forward midfield players pressing too far way passed him .
It would actually reduce the workload on the midfield who have been asked to drop back too often to play out from the back.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 15:03 - Aug 5 with 835 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:17 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

He has done in every game he has played for us.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 15:04 - Aug 5 with 827 viewsonehunglow

He’s a poor touch finder though

He passes to his teammates instead of the lines person

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 15:05 - Aug 5 with 826 viewsFireboy2

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 14:58 - Aug 5 by RichardO

Like to see those balls played quicker whilel our midfield are still further up the park able to support the wingers, people complained about Sagoe Jr on the wing passing back but he had no options in the midfield with the defending midfielders dropped too far back and our forward midfield players pressing too far way passed him .
It would actually reduce the workload on the midfield who have been asked to drop back too often to play out from the back.

If long balls are played then the midfield should bust a gut to support the player that has been targeted, attack is the best form of defence
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 16:33 - Aug 5 with 724 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 15:05 - Aug 5 by Fireboy2

If long balls are played then the midfield should bust a gut to support the player that has been targeted, attack is the best form of defence

As you say keeping the pressure on, they also need to bust a gut to get back putting the ball out of play when outnumbered if necessary so the defence and midfield can regroup quickly without everyone "busting a gut" when pulled out of position.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:31 - Aug 5 with 611 viewsvetchonian

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:13 - Aug 5 by jack247

This will probably come back to bite me, but I think Williams is seriously underrated by a lot of our fans.

I'd agree with you regarding Luke and I still say he left us due to tactical differences between him and Martin.
We will soon see if we are right about him during this season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:34 - Aug 5 with 590 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 13:13 - Aug 5 by jack247

Not sure about Martin, as Luke has a lot to prove as opposed to a Premier League manager. However, at the end of this season we can only hope.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:41 - Aug 5 with 574 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:34 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Not sure about Martin, as Luke has a lot to prove as opposed to a Premier League manager. However, at the end of this season we can only hope.

If he is adaptable and proactive in selection and tactics, he could well be an upgrade for me. Martin did seem to be slow to react and reluctant to change.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 20:03 - Aug 5 with 535 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:41 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

If he is adaptable and proactive in selection and tactics, he could well be an upgrade for me. Martin did seem to be slow to react and reluctant to change.

Martin's substitutions were baffling why change one player when you could change three players positions with one sub and then make another sub to return the other players back to ensure the change he should have made in the first place!!!! Add baffled by team selections from one game to the next
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 20:07 - Aug 5 with 522 viewsWhiterockin

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 20:03 - Aug 5 by RichardO

Martin's substitutions were baffling why change one player when you could change three players positions with one sub and then make another sub to return the other players back to ensure the change he should have made in the first place!!!! Add baffled by team selections from one game to the next

TBH quite often the players looked baffled at the substitutions also.
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 21:12 - Aug 5 with 446 viewssons_of_omri

Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 19:34 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

Don’t forget that he should have hit the autos but got pushed out by a ream who were promoted themselves from league 1.

He got lucky when Leeds didn’t show up for the final. He’ll get found out in the PL
Luke Williams more than happy with his Swans performance on 21:16 - Aug 5 with 440 viewsvetchonian

Martin is as yet unproven as a premier league manager....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024