Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben Providence 17:44 - Aug 3 with 20139 viewsKeithHaynes

Didn’t get much of a game but looked lively.

I reckon we will snap him up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ruben Providence on 17:45 - Aug 3 with 6239 viewsonehunglow

He did .
He looked like he was a confident chap.
I was ( almost) impressed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ruben Providence on 18:16 - Aug 3 with 6115 viewsunion_jack

I thought he was really young but he’s 23. I’m talking in footballer terms here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ruben Providence on 18:39 - Aug 3 with 6041 viewsjackal

I liked the look of him. Lively , quick and skilful and keen to push forward.

It's a yes from me!!
Ruben Providence on 18:43 - Aug 3 with 6023 viewsFireboy2

Ruben Providence on 18:39 - Aug 3 by jackal

It's a yes from me!!

Ditto, I am certain we will sign him as I can see him being quitw cheap.
Ruben Providence on 18:53 - Aug 3 with 5984 viewspete

Ruben Providence on 18:43 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

Ditto, I am certain we will sign him as I can see him being quitw cheap.

was also at oxford and they are keen
Ruben Providence on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 5971 viewsReslovenSwan1

He started in the Austrian league at 20 with 6 goals in 21 games but has strangely the following season saw see his stats decline despite 11 more games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Providence

Perhaps he has lost confidence or he plays better when trying to earn a deal. He performed better on loan than once he was permanent. It could be injuries and strains of course.

Just an observation. Like Piroe perhaps who was hot at 19 then tailed off kicking back in at the Liberty.
[Post edited 3 Aug 18:57]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ruben Providence on 19:26 - Aug 3 with 5843 viewsKeithHaynes

Ruben Providence on 18:53 - Aug 3 by pete

was also at oxford and they are keen

They won’t have him.
We will sort him out if that is we want him.

Ruben Providence on 19:40 - Aug 3 with 5785 viewsQJumpingJack

Ruben Providence on 18:55 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

He started in the Austrian league at 20 with 6 goals in 21 games but has strangely the following season saw see his stats decline despite 11 more games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Providence

Perhaps he has lost confidence or he plays better when trying to earn a deal. He performed better on loan than once he was permanent. It could be injuries and strains of course.

Just an observation. Like Piroe perhaps who was hot at 19 then tailed off kicking back in at the Liberty.
[Post edited 3 Aug 18:57]

you have to give credit to Steve Cooper who discovered Piroe through his contacts network.
Login to get fewer ads

Ruben Providence on 19:53 - Aug 3 with 5706 viewsWhiterockin

Ruben Providence on 18:39 - Aug 3 by jackal

It's a yes from me!!

Yes and there is a bit of a dog in him as well. They were really niggling well off the ball and he stood his ground.

But he is on trial so it's hard to judge really, will he be the same on a Tuesday night in Hull.
Ruben Providence on 19:55 - Aug 3 with 5665 viewsunion_jack

Ruben Providence on 19:53 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Yes and there is a bit of a dog in him as well. They were really niggling well off the ball and he stood his ground.

But he is on trial so it's hard to judge really, will he be the same on a Tuesday night in Hull.

Depends if it’s a cold and wet one or not😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ruben Providence on 20:05 - Aug 3 with 5611 viewsSullutaCreturned

Do we need another winger?
Ruben Providence on 20:08 - Aug 3 with 5584 viewsKeithHaynes

Ruben Providence on 20:05 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

Do we need another winger?

Oh yes indeed.

Ruben Providence on 21:48 - Aug 3 with 5244 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ruben Providence on 20:08 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Oh yes indeed.

Well we have three. I'd have thougha CB or striker was more important but I suppose theres Pederson and Naughton. And we have Kyrell Wilson as a spare striker.
Ruben Providence on 21:54 - Aug 3 with 5209 viewsWhiterockin

Ruben Providence on 21:48 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

Well we have three. I'd have thougha CB or striker was more important but I suppose theres Pederson and Naughton. And we have Kyrell Wilson as a spare striker.

Don't be surprised to see Josh Thomas make a breakthrough this season up front.
Ruben Providence on 21:54 - Aug 3 with 5191 viewsDr_Winston

Ruben Providence on 21:48 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

Four wide players for two slots. We could maybe get away with three and a youth product.

In general I agree with you though. The further away from our starting XI Liam Cullen is the more chance we've got so another striker is very much a necessity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ruben Providence on 05:28 - Aug 4 with 4811 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 21:54 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

Four wide players for two slots. We could maybe get away with three and a youth product.

In general I agree with you though. The further away from our starting XI Liam Cullen is the more chance we've got so another striker is very much a necessity.

This is true. He’s a fish out of water in a 433. It was even more obvious yesterday as we didn’t really have a #10, just Grimes and Fulton a bit further forward.

We certainly need two strikers who can play that role. He’s fine as an impact sub.

As for Providence, I was really impressed. Have to bear in mind he probably doesn’t know any of our players, what runs they make, even which foot they like to receive passes on. Got stuck in but resisted the temptation to be flashy and try too hard to impress.

His position shouldn’t be a priority, but if a deal can be done that doesn’t affect us bringing in a striker and a centre back, then he couldn’t have done much more in twenty minutes or so.
Ruben Providence on 08:20 - Aug 4 with 4443 viewsRichardO

Looked handy, would gives us another player who is prepared to take players.om and drive into the box.

Would play a part of building a better squad which we need given it seems Parker and Ronald should not be over used especially as Parker returning from serious injury and Ronald has missed a number of games, Yes we now have Eom and Abdulai looking good as well but with injuries can we afford to have a thin squad, new striker to come in as well and Josh Thomas vying for game time and Ginnelly also when he returns.

Yes for me on Ruben and would give Luke Williams some head aches with team selection but the right type of headaches for the team.

Thought Cooper also did well when he came on over the last couple of years he has had a role to play, being in a number of won games where his inclusion sometimes let's other players get further forward.

Squad coming along but we will need more players who can cover the defensive roles in the team.
Ruben Providence on 09:26 - Aug 4 with 4194 viewsWhiterockin

Ruben Providence on 08:20 - Aug 4 by RichardO

Looked handy, would gives us another player who is prepared to take players.om and drive into the box.

Would play a part of building a better squad which we need given it seems Parker and Ronald should not be over used especially as Parker returning from serious injury and Ronald has missed a number of games, Yes we now have Eom and Abdulai looking good as well but with injuries can we afford to have a thin squad, new striker to come in as well and Josh Thomas vying for game time and Ginnelly also when he returns.

Yes for me on Ruben and would give Luke Williams some head aches with team selection but the right type of headaches for the team.

Thought Cooper also did well when he came on over the last couple of years he has had a role to play, being in a number of won games where his inclusion sometimes let's other players get further forward.

Squad coming along but we will need more players who can cover the defensive roles in the team.

Looking at the squad in general yesterday the majority seemed to have "beefed" up.
Ruben Providence on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 3859 viewsmax936

Ruben Providence on 09:26 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Looking at the squad in general yesterday the majority seemed to have "beefed" up.

They've been on the boiled beef and carrots mun, I think there's a song about boiled beef and carrots, Keith might have sung it once or twice

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ruben Providence on 11:53 - Aug 4 with 3855 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ruben Providence on 05:28 - Aug 4 by jack247

This is true. He’s a fish out of water in a 433. It was even more obvious yesterday as we didn’t really have a #10, just Grimes and Fulton a bit further forward.

We certainly need two strikers who can play that role. He’s fine as an impact sub.

As for Providence, I was really impressed. Have to bear in mind he probably doesn’t know any of our players, what runs they make, even which foot they like to receive passes on. Got stuck in but resisted the temptation to be flashy and try too hard to impress.

His position shouldn’t be a priority, but if a deal can be done that doesn’t affect us bringing in a striker and a centre back, then he couldn’t have done much more in twenty minutes or so.

Everyone has a stronger, better foot but a pro player should be able to control a pass with either foot.

I know it's a much lower level but I could/can receive a pass wth either foot so when it's somebodys jb they should be up to it.

When you see goals let in or chances go begging because a player won't even try to use their weaker foot, doesn't it annoy you, it certainly does me..
Ruben Providence on 11:59 - Aug 4 with 3820 viewsjack247

Ruben Providence on 11:53 - Aug 4 by SullutaCreturned

Everyone has a stronger, better foot but a pro player should be able to control a pass with either foot.

I know it's a much lower level but I could/can receive a pass wth either foot so when it's somebodys jb they should be up to it.

When you see goals let in or chances go begging because a player won't even try to use their weaker foot, doesn't it annoy you, it certainly does me..

Of course, but professionals look to play onto teammates favoured feet. It’s only a marginal advantage granted and I agree, if a chance comes on a players wrong foot, he should still be comfortable shooting.
Ruben Providence on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 3770 viewsFireboy2

This is grimes' biggest downfall, you would think playing a high level of football, professionally since a young age that you would be able to kick the ball with both feet, honestly, it really boils my p!ss 😡
Ruben Providence on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 3702 viewsbuilthjack

I remember as a kid, about 8 or 9, our sports teacher making us use our “other foot”.
It was drilled into us.
No professional player should have to spin around to use their only foot. Grimes a prime example.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ruben Providence on 12:31 - Aug 4 with 3693 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 12:11 - Aug 4 by Fireboy2

This is grimes' biggest downfall, you would think playing a high level of football, professionally since a young age that you would be able to kick the ball with both feet, honestly, it really boils my p!ss 😡

Should be basic skill

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ruben Providence on 13:13 - Aug 4 with 3563 viewsBoundy

Ruben Providence on 12:31 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Should be basic skill

It's not just the way the player receives the ball but also which way he'll either feint or turn with the ball. I can receive a a ball and kick with either foot but my instinct will be to turn into my left

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024