Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane 18:38 - Aug 2 with 1892 viewswessex_exile

Initial allocation of 780 seats have all sold, another block of 240 seats now on sale. Got mine and the boy's, looks like it'll be an excellent turnout.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 19:46 - Aug 2 with 1860 viewsnoah4x4

I will be absent due to cricket, but will watch later on TV/IFollow.
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 23:24 - Aug 2 with 1829 viewsdurham_exile

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 19:46 - Aug 2 by noah4x4

I will be absent due to cricket, but will watch later on TV/IFollow.

Match is live on Sky Sports+

Sounds as though we will have 1000+ on match day one to see our new scoring sensation Lyle Taylor net the winner.

I would like to see Taylor and Ihionvien up top.

I think Samson might be injured.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 1613 viewswessex_exile

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 23:24 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

Match is live on Sky Sports+

Sounds as though we will have 1000+ on match day one to see our new scoring sensation Lyle Taylor net the winner.

I would like to see Taylor and Ihionvien up top.

I think Samson might be injured.

Up the U's

Only about 40-50 seats left in the new block now, so should be easily over 1,000 on Saturday. Providing the security contractor AFC Wimbledon use performs significantly better for this one, it should be a great afternoon.

Up the U's

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 06:33 - Aug 7 with 1508 viewsnoah4x4

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 16:55 - Aug 6 by wessex_exile

Only about 40-50 seats left in the new block now, so should be easily over 1,000 on Saturday. Providing the security contractor AFC Wimbledon use performs significantly better for this one, it should be a great afternoon.

Stewarding was awful last season. Wimbledon employ a bunch of thugs that couldn’t differentiate between high spirited friendly fans and tangible threat. Their unnecessarily excessive violence was appalling to the extent that we old git’s reported them to the regular Police having witnessed shocking scenes. Our kids don’t require being treated like a terrorist mob.

Suggest you eat beyond the ground. Inside, the queues were awful and prices shameful exploitation. I’m not disappointed that cricket commitments mean I miss this one. The low level view behind the goal is one of the worst too. I will enjoy this one on TV
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 10:29 - Aug 7 with 1462 viewswessex_exile

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 06:33 - Aug 7 by noah4x4

Stewarding was awful last season. Wimbledon employ a bunch of thugs that couldn’t differentiate between high spirited friendly fans and tangible threat. Their unnecessarily excessive violence was appalling to the extent that we old git’s reported them to the regular Police having witnessed shocking scenes. Our kids don’t require being treated like a terrorist mob.

Suggest you eat beyond the ground. Inside, the queues were awful and prices shameful exploitation. I’m not disappointed that cricket commitments mean I miss this one. The low level view behind the goal is one of the worst too. I will enjoy this one on TV

Wasn’t it just - worst I’d seen in many years, and we weren’t the only club to think so. AFCW have now opened up another 1/2 block. I’m not sure if there’s a pay on the day option - don’t recall any announcement that it’s all ticket.

Up the U's

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 14:03 - Aug 7 with 1434 viewsTheOldOakTree

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 06:33 - Aug 7 by noah4x4

I didn’t experience any problems with the stewarding, but I guess that’s the benefit of having an angelic face. The boys and girls in blue closing half the streets in SW17 after the game piss me off as it’s a long enough walk back to the tube in daylight, never mind 10 O’clock at night. In fairness, if you’re stewarding or policing Chelsea v West Ham one week and AFC Wimbledon the next, then you probably wouldn’t cut anyone too much slack or take too much backchat.

I had a good crack with the chaps selling the programmes and also with the chap behind the bar, as he relieved me of a significant chunk of my personal wealth. As Noah says, it’s best not to arrive hungry or thirsty. I like the place as an away ground, but sadly can’t make it this year.

Footie in August is the best. Full of hope, plenty of sunshine, short sleeves and a few beers. Best to enjoy it now, because the cold, dark, rainy nights of despair are on their way!

The overriding memory of last year was the faithful singing ‘Matthew Etherington, your football is shite’ for a least 20 minutes of the second half and then moaning that he didn’t come over to wave at them at the final whistle.
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 16:09 - Aug 7 with 1409 viewsTheOldOakTree

On a more serious note, with a very large proportion of stewards up and down the country being black or asian, I would expect Saturday to be quite challenging for them.

Now that the right honorable prize member for Clacton has, in his supporters minds, legitimised hate and division, you can imagine the shit that will be directed at some of the poor innocent souls whose job it is to keep us safe at 3pm on a Saturday (and probably at black players up and down the country as well).

I'm no lover of the UK immigration policies, but the ballot box is the only way to change it. I believe 86% of voters didn't vote for the grifter, so in his words, 'you lost, get over it'.

Like the self-righteous, final salary pension, stop oil tvvats, gluing their hands to the road, the neanderthals trying to burn 200 people to death in a hotel, are just harming their cause.

For the sake of football, if nothing else, be nice to a steward.
[Post edited 7 Aug 16:26]
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 1313 viewswessex_exile

Not in my name, and if I hear any of that at Plough Lane I'm going to call it out as what it is - pure racism thuggery - taking back control by looting Greggs, f'cking idiots! We all know we had a darker element in our support who listen to the likes of Farage. We don't need their support, they're not welcome in the Col U project!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 23:08 - Aug 7 with 1310 viewsburnsieespana

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 23:03 - Aug 7 by wessex_exile

Not in my name, and if I hear any of that at Plough Lane I'm going to call it out as what it is - pure racism thuggery - taking back control by looting Greggs, f'cking idiots! We all know we had a darker element in our support who listen to the likes of Farage. We don't need their support, they're not welcome in the Col U project!

Well said wessex and old oak tree.
Next few weeks going to be challenging but we'll said wessex and the old oak tree.
Let us hope we can get off to a good start with our revamped squad. Would anticipate Bishop being a sub on Saturday ⁵
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 08:30 - Aug 8 with 1228 viewsMoor_Pinot

Hear hear. Thank you.
Comprehension, consideration, compassion and common sense completely underwhelming in our country right now.

Moor Pinot

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 08:50 - Aug 8 with 1222 viewsTheOldOakTree

The young lad looting Greggs is going to be very popular inside. You pinch a tray of sausage rolls and end up with an arse like a wizards sleeve. He’s going to wish we had Sharia law instead!

....and while he's on remand, we'll be issuing migrant visas for Africans and Asians to come and build more prisons to house the knobhead.

If voting Reform UK means you get your local Greggs closed down, then I might be tempted to lend my support, at least the snake oil salemans life wouldn't have been a total waste of oxygen.
[Post edited 8 Aug 10:30]
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 1183 viewsTheOldOakTree

Putting politics to one side, is there anyone who hasn’t seen the clip of the brick-to-the-bollocks-man doing the rounds on ‘X’. I can recommend it, but be sure you see the version of him first jumping around coked off his head.

Then you see him posturing in front of the line of coppers, goading them. If I live to be 100, I don’t think I will ever see a more perfect clip of comic gold mixed with karma. His fellow knobheads are throwing bricks at the boys in blue. One brick bounces off of a copper shield and hits him full in the face almost exactly as another brick smacks him on the back of the head.

Now, so far, I appreciate that not everyone would find that funny, but I defy anyone to watch the next bit without finding it a tad amusing. As he turns in a dazed state, to retreat to safety, a stray brick from one of his mates catches him full in the knackers, and I mean full on. The look on his face and his walk off-stage are priceless.

If you haven’t seen it, trust me I haven’t spoilt it by telling you the plot.

I kid you not, there are firms selling ‘All-in-all it’s just a-nother brick in his balls’ T-shirts on the internet, to commemorate the occasion.

At least he won’t be breeding for a few days!

I wonder how much of an issue the ethnicity of the A&E nurse was, as she/he was applying ice to mateys jacobs?
[Post edited 8 Aug 14:37]
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 1130 viewsTheOldOakTree

Whilst it would appear that the whole world is laughing at us, I can confirm that there has been a sinister twist. Apparently the wife of the Brixit Britain chap has confirmed that he has joined the EDL.

The Erectile Dysfunction league.

All he said was, he wanted his sovereignty back, not his crown jewels black.

Apparently, he got his inspiration from Eunuch Powell.

[Post edited 8 Aug 14:24]
Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 18:52 - Aug 8 with 1040 viewswessex_exile

Opening day fixture at Plough Lane on 11:28 - Aug 8 by TheOldOakTree

Putting politics to one side, is there anyone who hasn’t seen the clip of the brick-to-the-bollocks-man doing the rounds on ‘X’. I can recommend it, but be sure you see the version of him first jumping around coked off his head.

Then you see him posturing in front of the line of coppers, goading them. If I live to be 100, I don’t think I will ever see a more perfect clip of comic gold mixed with karma. His fellow knobheads are throwing bricks at the boys in blue. One brick bounces off of a copper shield and hits him full in the face almost exactly as another brick smacks him on the back of the head.

Now, so far, I appreciate that not everyone would find that funny, but I defy anyone to watch the next bit without finding it a tad amusing. As he turns in a dazed state, to retreat to safety, a stray brick from one of his mates catches him full in the knackers, and I mean full on. The look on his face and his walk off-stage are priceless.

If you haven’t seen it, trust me I haven’t spoilt it by telling you the plot.

I kid you not, there are firms selling ‘All-in-all it’s just a-nother brick in his balls’ T-shirts on the internet, to commemorate the occasion.

At least he won’t be breeding for a few days!

I wonder how much of an issue the ethnicity of the A&E nurse was, as she/he was applying ice to mateys jacobs?
[Post edited 8 Aug 14:37]

I have seen it, and yes, it is flipping hilarious

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024