Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from the Chairman 18:04 - Aug 2 with 536 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester United Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following message to supporters:

"I hope this message finds everyone in good health and enjoying the recent sunshine.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that attended the Open Day in July for making it the best Open Day we have held to date.

On a less positive note, I have had to once again take the decision to move the pre-season friendly that we had scheduled for 3pm this Saturday to an alternative venue. This decision has again been made because our stadium pitch is not quite ready for a full match.

I didn’t take this decision lightly and I am extremely disappointed that this denies many Colchester fans the chance to see the new squad in action before the season gets underway. However, given the progress of the pitch following extensive drainage work, and our commitment to having it in the best possible condition for competitive matches, I believe this was the only viable option.

Since we encountered major drainage issues with the pitch last season, I took full responsibility for finding solutions to get us through last season and for determining the necessary work to prevent these problems from recurring this season.

I still believe this work is in our best long-term interest, but I take full responsibility for the immediate issues that have led to the cancellation of two pre-season fixtures.

I commend everyone who worked extensively on the stadium pitch in such a short time, and I would like to thank Peterborough and Cambridge for their understanding.

The fixture will now be played at 3pm on Saturday at New Rowley Park, the stadium of St Neots Football Club. Thanks to St Neots for facilitating this game at such short notice.

All tickets and parking permits that were purchased for the original game at our stadium have been processed for refunds. This step has already been taken but it can take up to five days for the funds to reach the intended bank accounts.

Those who still wish to attend the game against Cambridge will be made very welcome by St Neots.

Thank you for all your continued support.

Up the U's.

mfb

Message from the Chairman on 18:19 - Aug 2 with 509 viewswessex_exile

Makes sense to me, but then again I wasn't going. I'd rather the pitch was ready first and foremost.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Message from the Chairman on 18:21 - Aug 2 with 508 viewsTheOldOakTree

Colchester's answer to King Midas, except everything he touches turns to shit.
Message from the Chairman on 19:49 - Aug 2 with 488 viewsnoah4x4

Message from the Chairman on 18:19 - Aug 2 by wessex_exile

Makes sense to me, but then again I wasn't going. I'd rather the pitch was ready first and foremost.

I reckon the pitch will be fine for the opening fixture, but will look ugly. It took almost two years for similar drainage trench markings to vanish at Castle Park Cricket Ground.
Message from the Chairman on 21:50 - Aug 2 with 461 viewsdurham_exile

Message from the Chairman on 19:49 - Aug 2 by noah4x4

I reckon the pitch will be fine for the opening fixture, but will look ugly. It took almost two years for similar drainage trench markings to vanish at Castle Park Cricket Ground.

As long as the surface manages about 30 home games this season all will be well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024