Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans match day/time changes 17:20 - Jul 30 with 1506 viewsWhiterockin

Match changes due to live tv coverage on Sky Sports and Sky Sports Plus.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-fixtures-moved-due-live-television
Swans match day/time changes on 19:23 - Jul 30 with 1439 viewsAndyconky

Hate what the game has become. Over coached, slow for the sake of it football and now they're coming for the 3pm kick offs. The powers that be really risk alienating the fans and future generations

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Swans match day/time changes on 20:14 - Jul 30 with 1409 viewsWhiterockin

For supporters who travel a distance to home matches it's becoming less attractive.
Swans match day/time changes on 20:34 - Jul 30 with 1367 viewsFireboy2

Swans match day/time changes on 19:23 - Jul 30 by Andyconky

Hate what the game has become. Over coached, slow for the sake of it football and now they're coming for the 3pm kick offs. The powers that be really risk alienating the fans and future generations

It disgusts me Andy.
Swans match day/time changes on 21:53 - Jul 30 with 1299 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans match day/time changes on 20:14 - Jul 30 by Whiterockin

For supporters who travel a distance to home matches it's becoming less attractive.

And there’s plenty of them from all over the country, and by that I mean the UK.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans match day/time changes on 07:52 - Jul 31 with 1167 viewsAzzuriswan

So there are more televised games which means that more fans that always go to games will think twice and stay home especially if its cold,wet,damp and dark in the winter months. Like the 3pm kick off away at Burnley on a Sunday...its a long way on a Saturday with a Sunday to recover....that will put fans off travelling less backing for the players....money wins sod the fans...
Swans match day/time changes on 08:17 - Jul 31 with 1146 viewsWhiterockin

Swans match day/time changes on 07:52 - Jul 31 by Azzuriswan

So there are more televised games which means that more fans that always go to games will think twice and stay home especially if its cold,wet,damp and dark in the winter months. Like the 3pm kick off away at Burnley on a Sunday...its a long way on a Saturday with a Sunday to recover....that will put fans off travelling less backing for the players....money wins sod the fans...

Season ticket sales are down this season, they will be virtually non existant next season as people pick and choose their games. If the product is poor they will choose less, or none at all, you can always turn the tv off. Possibly another reason Swansea Football LLC might be looking to offload.
Swans match day/time changes on 08:54 - Jul 31 with 1112 viewsJBT95

Swans match day/time changes on 19:23 - Jul 30 by Andyconky

We have had one game so far changed from 3pm, first 11 out of 13 home games are at 3pm!! And one of the other two is a midweek game!!! It's actually the 13th game which is 1230 Saturday v WBA in January.

Sunday 3pm whats the difference with Saturday 3pm? Most people will be able to do their same routine just 24 hours later. I'd say it's better than 1230 Saturday for a lot of people.

Okay we have 4 Sundays not Saturdays, one is 29th December which was always scheduled, but the other 3 are Cardiff, Bristol and Leeds. Two of those games we expected to be moved and the third is a not a surprise.
[Post edited 31 Jul 8:57]
Swans match day/time changes on 08:56 - Jul 31 with 1109 viewsJBT95

Swans match day/time changes on 07:52 - Jul 31 by Azzuriswan

Who the hell wants to go to Burnley in November whatever day it is lol

Nobody was complaining when we were playing Man U at 4pm on a Sunday were they lol
Login to get fewer ads

Swans match day/time changes on 09:01 - Jul 31 with 1088 viewsWhiterockin

Swans match day/time changes on 08:56 - Jul 31 by JBT95

Who the hell wants to go to Burnley in November whatever day it is lol

Nobody was complaining when we were playing Man U at 4pm on a Sunday were they lol

It's good to see a Bale supporter posting on a Swansea City board commenting supporters travelling away.
Swans match day/time changes on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 1047 viewsFireboy2

Swans match day/time changes on 09:01 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

It's good to see a Bale supporter posting on a Swansea City board commenting supporters travelling away.

It's ok WR, don't take him seriously, he thinks he a no1 Jack and Wales fan, he isnt taken seriously on the apostle site either with his smart arse comments.
Swans match day/time changes on 09:56 - Jul 31 with 1034 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans match day/time changes on 08:17 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

Season ticket sales are down this season, they will be virtually non existant next season as people pick and choose their games. If the product is poor they will choose less, or none at all, you can always turn the tv off. Possibly another reason Swansea Football LLC might be looking to offload.

Attendances, people, work/life balance, consideration for the thousands who travel home and away. They are things of the past.

As stated on the other thread, it is all about money. Nothing more.

Swans match day/time changes on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 944 viewsJBT95

Swans match day/time changes on 09:56 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Attendances, people, work/life balance, consideration for the thousands who travel home and away. They are things of the past.

As stated on the other thread, it is all about money. Nothing more.

Do you prefer 1230 Saturday for Cardiff & Bristol City as last season or the new 1500 Sunday we have for both this season?

I don't mind either one to be honest, but Bristol City being 1500 Sunday has allowed me to go to an event on the Saturday I'd otherwise miss.

I can do the exact same routine on a Sunday 3pm as I can for Saturday 3pm. No doubt those who play football early on a Saturday or Sunday are happy too.
[Post edited 31 Jul 12:50]
Swans match day/time changes on 14:55 - Jul 31 with 891 viewsFireboy2

Swans match day/time changes on 12:49 - Jul 31 by JBT95

Do you prefer 1230 Saturday for Cardiff & Bristol City as last season or the new 1500 Sunday we have for both this season?

I don't mind either one to be honest, but Bristol City being 1500 Sunday has allowed me to go to an event on the Saturday I'd otherwise miss.

I can do the exact same routine on a Sunday 3pm as I can for Saturday 3pm. No doubt those who play football early on a Saturday or Sunday are happy too.

This post sums you up, selfish, its all about you.

Uparrowed by mistake.
Swans match day/time changes on 15:38 - Jul 31 with 867 viewsJBT95

Swans match day/time changes on 14:55 - Jul 31 by Fireboy2

This post sums you up, selfish, its all about you.

Uparrowed by mistake.

I know I am not a selfish person. Just saying it is not all doom and gloom.

So when do you want the games?

- All Saturday 3pm with nothing on TV so we don't get any coverage like in the 60s
- All Saturday 3pm on TV leading to the non league clubs suffering from falling attendances, clubhouses going under and the clubs die, making communities isolated.
[Post edited 31 Jul 16:01]
Swans match day/time changes on 08:24 - Aug 1 with 732 viewsonehunglow

Swans match day/time changes on 15:38 - Jul 31 by JBT95

I know I am not a selfish person. Just saying it is not all doom and gloom.

So when do you want the games?

- All Saturday 3pm with nothing on TV so we don't get any coverage like in the 60s
- All Saturday 3pm on TV leading to the non league clubs suffering from falling attendances, clubhouses going under and the clubs die, making communities isolated.
[Post edited 31 Jul 16:01]

I’m selfish .
I also want the best for my club .
Right now,all that bothers me are these pitiful owners and the staggering lack of foresight and guile in a multi million pound business .
This is about us and our club

Selfish we should be

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans match day/time changes on 10:40 - Aug 1 with 682 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans match day/time changes on 12:49 - Jul 31 by JBT95

Of course the Swans consider finances first, and these latest TV deals are paramount to a club existing in a tough Championship. Preference ? Everybody loves a Saturday 3pm kick off surely ? Attendances will fall no doubt as many fans travel from outside of Wales and the tv option will determine if they do or not.

We are being led by finances, that’s the first priority, that was the point. It’s the way it is these days.

Swans match day/time changes on 09:27 - Aug 3 with 507 viewsFergal

Does anyone know if the Boro match on Sky Sports Plus will definitely be available in pubs with Sky?
[Post edited 3 Aug 9:36]
Swans match day/time changes on 09:35 - Aug 3 with 479 viewsWhiterockin

All first round of championship matches kick off the same time and are available live on Sky Plus. All Sky Plus matches can be shown live in pubs providing they have a sky contract and suitable equipment.

So yes.
Swans match day/time changes on 13:53 - Aug 3 with 381 viewsAndyconky

Swans match day/time changes on 08:54 - Jul 31 by JBT95

We have had one game so far changed from 3pm, first 11 out of 13 home games are at 3pm!! And one of the other two is a midweek game!!! It's actually the 13th game which is 1230 Saturday v WBA in January.

Sunday 3pm whats the difference with Saturday 3pm? Most people will be able to do their same routine just 24 hours later. I'd say it's better than 1230 Saturday for a lot of people.

Okay we have 4 Sundays not Saturdays, one is 29th December which was always scheduled, but the other 3 are Cardiff, Bristol and Leeds. Two of those games we expected to be moved and the third is a not a surprise.
[Post edited 31 Jul 8:57]

It's just the beginning

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Swans match day/time changes on 13:59 - Aug 3 with 355 viewsWhiterockin

Swans match day/time changes on 13:53 - Aug 3 by Andyconky

It's just the beginning

Long term I can see 12.30 Saturday kick offs being the norm with all matches streamed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024