Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped 18:17 - Jul 29 with 502 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The proposed £86,0000 contribution limit on care home fees has been scrapped today. That'll save a £1 Billion a year or rather cost the population £1Billion.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:20 - Jul 29 with 496 viewsBoundy

How does that affect the Welsh population as we have a different system .?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:27 - Jul 29 with 482 viewsmajorraglan

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:20 - Jul 29 by Boundy

How does that affect the Welsh population as we have a different system .?

From what I understand in Wales the cap is £50k, any assets over £50k can be used to pay for care. I’m not 100% sure on this though and happy to be proved wrong.
Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:32 - Jul 29 with 472 viewsBoundy

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:27 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

From what I understand in Wales the cap is £50k, any assets over £50k can be used to pay for care. I’m not 100% sure on this though and happy to be proved wrong.

I think you're right ,its less in England or was.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:43 - Jul 29 with 445 viewsonehunglow

Don’t save kids

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:49 - Jul 29 with 428 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:43 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Don’t save kids

I’d still be inclined to save one if I saw it drowning.
Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:54 - Jul 29 with 408 viewsonehunglow

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:49 - Jul 29 by JumpingJackFlash

I’d still be inclined to save one if I saw it drowning.

My mum in law passed notvthat long ago
She had to sell the family home of 50 yrs to pay for “ care” ,which was abysmal

She died with just over 25 grand left ,priceedscofvthechouse
Labour sees these people as somehow “wealthy”

Turns my stomach

I am seething

We are ok but many many will really be hit hard .. Labour follow you to the grave

Not surprised

I suspected Reeves would do this as I did the “ justice” secretary,releasing prisoners en Massie and lowering the 50% sentence to be served

We’ve voted for this

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 19:05 - Jul 29 with 401 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 18:54 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

My mum in law passed notvthat long ago
She had to sell the family home of 50 yrs to pay for “ care” ,which was abysmal

She died with just over 25 grand left ,priceedscofvthechouse
Labour sees these people as somehow “wealthy”

Turns my stomach

I am seething

We are ok but many many will really be hit hard .. Labour follow you to the grave

Not surprised

I suspected Reeves would do this as I did the “ justice” secretary,releasing prisoners en Massie and lowering the 50% sentence to be served

We’ve voted for this

Yes my Dad funded his own care, total bill was £600,000. He had to sell everything including his home and had about £50K at the end, indirect taxation of someone who worked for 45 years running his own business, paid a lot of tax and never claimed a penny in benefits.

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 19:08 - Jul 29 with 396 viewsonehunglow

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 19:05 - Jul 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes my Dad funded his own care, total bill was £600,000. He had to sell everything including his home and had about £50K at the end, indirect taxation of someone who worked for 45 years running his own business, paid a lot of tax and never claimed a penny in benefits.

That has made me feel sick to my stomach
He was a great man and the type of man we need

Login to get fewer ads

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 19:20 - Jul 29 with 376 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 19:08 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

That has made me feel sick to my stomach
He was a great man and the type of man we need

Yes always employed at least two people, treated them well and generally did his bit. As he said " I'm being taxed to death ".

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 21:48 - Jul 29 with 309 viewsmajorraglan

This business with the care home fees really annoys me. Previous governments have kicked this can down the road and no one has grasped the nettle. The proposed cap is just that, it’s a proposal and the Conservatives did nothing to protect people and neither did Labour before them.

People have saved their hard earned for a better life for themselves and for their kids afterwards and the greedy care home shysters are ripping them off.
Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 21:54 - Jul 29 with 303 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Proposed Cap on Care Home Fees Scrapped on 21:48 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

This business with the care home fees really annoys me. Previous governments have kicked this can down the road and no one has grasped the nettle. The proposed cap is just that, it’s a proposal and the Conservatives did nothing to protect people and neither did Labour before them.

People have saved their hard earned for a better life for themselves and for their kids afterwards and the greedy care home shysters are ripping them off.

My Dad paid £1000 a week or so for 24 hour nursing care. When you consider the costs of running a care home, wages for care staff and nursing staff, heating, business rates and taxes it doesn't seem to be too wide of the mark.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024