Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Jim's contract extension? 12:58 - Jul 26 with 5536 viewsIOMDale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:05 - Jul 26 with 3820 viewsIOMDale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:13 - Jul 26 with 3759 views999Dale

Based on what? Bizarre
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:15 - Jul 26 with 3729 viewsBainesy15

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:13 - Jul 26 by 999Dale

Based on what? Bizarre

I'd imagine it's more security in case someone wants to poach him. Must admit I'm a bit surprised at this one, 2 years maybe but 3?

Stability for the club, great but I imagine there'll be something in there about severance/financial benefits to us if he leaves to go elsewhere (as Chris Dunphy talks about in his book, regarding Keith Hill's 5 year deal)
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:17 - Jul 26 with 3709 viewskel

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:13 - Jul 26 by 999Dale

Based on what? Bizarre

Based on stability, as per the statement issued by the club.

Personally, Iโ€™m happy with it for two reasons.

A - I have faith in the bloke and think heโ€™ll do well for us now heโ€™s not working under huge stress like he was last season.

B - For the absolute pissboil on Facebook.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:24 - Jul 26 with 3655 viewsD_Alien

With this going on, it's no surprise there's not been much forthcoming about the playing side of things during pre-season (ref: 442Dale)

Perhaps that will change now? Even so, can't say i'm thrilled about it and there's no such thing (as yet) as "Jim McNulty's Barmy Army" due to our life-draining performances. Can he now turn that around? He absolutely can't say he's not being supported by the club, so there's only one way to go. We shall see

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 3566 viewsCedar_Room

I'm surprised by this as I'm still yet to be convinced Jim is the right man for the job. This season was going to be the big test to see whether he could make it work with off field issues resolved and a budget to be competitive for a play off spot.

We have made good signings, and he may well prove himself in the role but I'm not sure what he has done so far that warrants the club showing such faith in him. Nor am I convinced by the idea he might be getting poached.

What this does signal is Jim will be here until at least the end of the season (I had thought they might get rid of him mid way through if he was not meeting expectations). So putting their faith in Jim also gives us an idea of how much of our faith we should put in the board. If he comes good, and gets us into the play offs (or better!) then fair play they knew what they were doing here. If it doesn't work, and we part ways with Jim due to poor football and poor results then you can't say the signs weren't there already. Big call by the board this.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:34 - Jul 26 with 3562 viewsKingstdale

In the article,Jim says " Last year was a really fun and wild experience".
For who??๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:44 - Jul 26 with 3477 views442Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:24 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

With this going on, it's no surprise there's not been much forthcoming about the playing side of things during pre-season (ref: 442Dale)

Perhaps that will change now? Even so, can't say i'm thrilled about it and there's no such thing (as yet) as "Jim McNulty's Barmy Army" due to our life-draining performances. Can he now turn that around? He absolutely can't say he's not being supported by the club, so there's only one way to go. We shall see

Looking forward to watching the interview with McNulty later and fully expect to hear questions about his thoughts on how the current squad will set up, where we need additions and what his thoughts are around how we might mix up our play.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:45 - Jul 26 with 3475 viewsTrev

The Ogden's have publicly stated they want stability, hence SG and JM are still at the club. We have a three year plan to get promoted and we're backing Jim to be the man to do that. Only time will tell but there will be no hiding place for Jim this season, we have to better.

SG's comment about everyone outside of the club realising we have one of the brightest young managers in the country is absolutely wild. I'm sure SG is impressed with Jim's doggedness and ability to put up with all kinds of shit last season but his assessment certainly isn't based on performances on the pitch.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:51 - Jul 26 with 3432 views442Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:34 - Jul 26 by Kingstdale

In the article,Jim says " Last year was a really fun and wild experience".
For who??๐Ÿ˜ฑ

McNultyโ€™s thoughts on last season are best explained in Fitzoโ€™s book.

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:53 - Jul 26 with 3419 views442Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:45 - Jul 26 by Trev

The Ogden's have publicly stated they want stability, hence SG and JM are still at the club. We have a three year plan to get promoted and we're backing Jim to be the man to do that. Only time will tell but there will be no hiding place for Jim this season, we have to better.

SG's comment about everyone outside of the club realising we have one of the brightest young managers in the country is absolutely wild. I'm sure SG is impressed with Jim's doggedness and ability to put up with all kinds of shit last season but his assessment certainly isn't based on performances on the pitch.

Itโ€™s been said before, just because people work in the football industry, it doesnโ€™t mean they know any more about football than those who donโ€™t.

In many circumstances the opposite is true.

Big Jim's contract extension? on 14:00 - Jul 26 with 3388 viewsmeeee

I opted not to get a season ticket this year and a big reason for that was the football that was served up last season. The way we play is so negative and boring to watch. With the excpetion of Cian Hayes who had the ability to get you off your seat the majorty of games were a complete borefest. Fair enough the results were an improvement on what's been on offer in previous seasons but the entertainment certainly wasn't. I do feel like it's a mistake offering Jim a new contract but I would love to be proven wrong
[Post edited 26 Jul 14:01]
Big Jim's contract extension? on 15:19 - Jul 26 with 3132 viewsNewbury_Dale

Not something I would have done but can anyone make sense of the decisions this club makes anymore ?

1500 season ticket sales at a time when the club should be bouncing tells it's own story.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 15:44 - Jul 26 with 3064 viewsblackdogblue

Iโ€™m on the fence tbh, every time I have spoken to him over the years from player to manager heโ€™s a really nice bloke and puts the club at the forefront of what he does.. Look at the mistakes with Stockdale & Bentley..

The signings havenโ€™t been amazing but saying that, the Ogdens are here for a long run, pointless plowing millions into a team just to try & win the league 1st season in charge.

The 3 year plan includes development in the ground and other areas to get more income than the season ticket sales does, that will have been the business plan. Turn the club into the black & stand alone then slowly build the squad back up would be my guess.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Big Jim's contract extension? on 16:47 - Jul 26 with 2833 viewsNorthernDale

I thought it was a wind up at first, but what as McNulty done to justified a new contract? The football was negative, a bit like Southgate's, it was awful to watch and I am convinced McNulty cost us a playoff spot, with tippy tappy pass across the back four football. The team was good enough, the manager was not, yes he is a nice person, bloody naive as a manager in his tactics. So we have another three years of youth team coaching and tactics and McNulty applauding like a seal on the touchline, we are like the Christmas turkey, stuffed.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 16:48 - Jul 26 with 2833 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes he's a really nice bloke. But that doesn't cut it. He needs to change his tactics in order to excite the fans.
How many times do we have the chance to put the ball in the box when attacking and our player will pass it instead, or we then lose the ball, or the ball finds it's way back to the keeper? Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat...
I could go on and on regarding other unexciting tactics.

IT HAS TO CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:02 - Jul 26 with 2764 viewsdawlishdale

Not impressed with this news. He might be a lovely chap who cares deeply about the club, but the fayre on show is dismal. We must put more emphasis on entertainment and attacking intent.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:21 - Jul 26 with 2713 viewsTheTedOliverFanclub

Dawlishdale is completely correct, i like many others have not renewed my season ticket for new season, last season was the worst i haved seen since barrowball, entetainment zero, excitement nil, we dont seem to use the flanks to get around a packed defence , dont get enough crosses into the box, noboddy seems to attack the ball in importent areas.Jim is no doubt a nice chap who works hard, its not one mans fault, what does his assistant contribute and his coaches add to the team.No season ticket , first time in over 30 years, i sincerely hope i am wrong aznd he makes a success of next season but he has to be brave with his substitutions as it a 14 man game now.Will he change his style i doubt it as he seems to want to walk the ball into the goal.Very best of luck jim, give us something to cheer.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:30 - Jul 26 with 2660 viewsBrierls

Big Jim's contract extension? on 17:21 - Jul 26 by TheTedOliverFanclub

Dawlishdale is completely correct, i like many others have not renewed my season ticket for new season, last season was the worst i haved seen since barrowball, entetainment zero, excitement nil, we dont seem to use the flanks to get around a packed defence , dont get enough crosses into the box, noboddy seems to attack the ball in importent areas.Jim is no doubt a nice chap who works hard, its not one mans fault, what does his assistant contribute and his coaches add to the team.No season ticket , first time in over 30 years, i sincerely hope i am wrong aznd he makes a success of next season but he has to be brave with his substitutions as it a 14 man game now.Will he change his style i doubt it as he seems to want to walk the ball into the goal.Very best of luck jim, give us something to cheer.

I simply do not understand the mindset of people who have not renewed for this season. After everything the club has been through, particularly the financial struggles last season where there were questions of the club still being here, you have decided now is the time to withdraw your support?! I don't and never will understand that.

I'm also shocked by Jim's 3 year deal. I can only assume there are predefined break clauses that can be actioned if things are not going to plan. I think he did OK last season, no more, no less. The football was not good to watch, there was nowhere near enough attacking intent. On the odd occasion we did attack, we looked a force to be reckoned with in this league. But we insist of passing the ball to death. It's awful to watch week in week out. We've signed attacking players so lets hope that's an indication of how we're going to play.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 18:07 - Jul 26 with 2520 viewssurb_dale

Be interesting to see if these next two home friendlies give an indication of a tweak in the tactics to show more intensity and an attacking intent. I would expect to see something more resembling the starting 11 v Boston. Gauge referred to possession-based attacking football today indicating there may have been a word to Jim on producing a more entertaining brand of football. We will see.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 18:11 - Jul 26 with 2505 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Big Jim's contract extension? on 15:19 - Jul 26 by Newbury_Dale

Not something I would have done but can anyone make sense of the decisions this club makes anymore ?

1500 season ticket sales at a time when the club should be bouncing tells it's own story.

Wow, wow, wow! (quote bury fc)...there was talk on here of getting rid of McNulty at the end of the season and now this? There will be a statue next....no wonder he has a grin like Mr Ed the horse . We all know the Co Chair approves of McNultyball but let's hope the fans are treated to a bit more attractive stuff.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 19:16 - Jul 26 with 2338 viewssince58

Big Jim's contract extension? on 13:17 - Jul 26 by kel

Based on stability, as per the statement issued by the club.

Personally, Iโ€™m happy with it for two reasons.

A - I have faith in the bloke and think heโ€™ll do well for us now heโ€™s not working under huge stress like he was last season.

B - For the absolute pissboil on Facebook.

Hope you are right or else you will get scolded cock
Big Jim's contract extension? on 19:49 - Jul 26 with 2220 viewsDuckegg

It seems that the 3yr deal big Jim as just signed isnt going down well at all..
For me it is a case of the cheap option with a 3yr plan to get back into the EFL under Jims guidence....

So give him a chance..

Those who do not like the idea of Jim staying on as manager/coach who would you like to see!
Big Jim's contract extension? on 19:51 - Jul 26 with 2212 viewspioneer

Like others Im shocked at this. Clearly not performance based.

I think this adds to concerns that the club is lacking football nous at the board level.

I am also disappointed that SG seems to be the public face of the board. He has too much baggage to be playing that role. I know the new brooms seem to prefer a low profile.

Its crying out for someone to take on a director of football role both to provide football intelligence into these decisions and to play the public face of the board in explaining them.

I dont think we should be giving three year contracts to any employee given out current status, never mind an unproven first time manager.
Big Jim's contract extension? on 20:30 - Jul 26 with 2092 viewsJames1980

Perhaps this would have been better in January if we have positive first half of the season

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024