Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right now we are weaker than last season 15:17 - Jul 25 with 823 viewsGRIM

I know there's a long way to go & a lot more wheeling & dealing to be done before transfer window closes but as it stands at the moment we are weaker than we were last season.
Yes we've brought a lot of players in but none of them are upgrades on what we had last season.
Yes we've signed Downes but we had him last season so no upgrade.
We've lost Che Adams & have not replaced him yet so no upgrade.
We going to lose KWP & replaced him with Sugawara he might be OK but probably not an upgrade on KWP.
We've lost Stuey Armstrong & replaced him with Lallana that might have been an upgrade 10years ago but is not now with Lallana being 36 years old.
We're likely to lose Bednarek & brought in two ctr backs from lower leagues, Bedders is a proven Polish International & Premier player lge player so no upgrade there.
No sign of Fraser signing so no upgrade there.
We've got the same Coach / Manager so no upgrade there.
We've lost Jason Wilcox (Director of Football) & not replaced him so no upgrade there.
I live in hope that we bring in some quality (upgrades) as soon as possible, we are going to need them.
Right now we are weaker than last season on 15:40 - Jul 25 with 775 viewsIfonly

I agree, but when I thought about the same thing myself, the one upgrade I thought we might have is Stewart instead of Adams. That assumes that he will be available to play and that he plays as a main striker and that he's still any good etc. which is a long list of caveats, but it is one chink of light in the gloom.
Right now we are weaker than last season on 15:49 - Jul 25 with 756 viewsdirk_doone

Right now we are weaker than last season on 15:40 - Jul 25 by Ifonly

I agree, but when I thought about the same thing myself, the one upgrade I thought we might have is Stewart instead of Adams. That assumes that he will be available to play and that he plays as a main striker and that he's still any good etc. which is a long list of caveats, but it is one chink of light in the gloom.

He was considered below Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes and quite a few others in the pecking order for Scotland. He's 28 now and most of his career was in the Scottish leagues so they should know. I think we bought him for the Championship because he once scored 10 goals in it.

Obviously we lack a goalkeeper and striker good enough for the Premier League, but it's not all doom and gloom. Sugawara looks good enough and Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw are both very promising. So, they could well be upgrades.
[Post edited 25 Jul 16:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Right now we are weaker than last season on 16:15 - Jul 25 with 692 viewsGRIM

Right now we are weaker than last season on 15:49 - Jul 25 by dirk_doone

He was considered below Che Adams, Lyndon Dykes and quite a few others in the pecking order for Scotland. He's 28 now and most of his career was in the Scottish leagues so they should know. I think we bought him for the Championship because he once scored 10 goals in it.

Obviously we lack a goalkeeper and striker good enough for the Premier League, but it's not all doom and gloom. Sugawara looks good enough and Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw are both very promising. So, they could well be upgrades.

Don't disagree about Dibling &
Amo Ameyaw.
They look very promising but will they be given a chance.
I've got a gut feeling that both will be loaned out.
I watched us play yesterday against Bordeaux & thought the youngsters outshone the more senior players.
Jay Robinson playing the left looked useful & Boot who came on 2nd half looked a big strong composed young man.
Right now we are weaker than last season on 16:41 - Jul 25 with 644 viewsIfonly

Right now we are weaker than last season on 15:49 - Jul 25 by dirk_doone

Yes, it was probably foolish of me to look for a chink of light there! But I suspect the same is true with the youngsters you mention. I'm not sure either of them is an upgrade on what we had last year. Neither Dibling nor Amo-Ameyaw were considered good enough by RM to even be tried in the Championship last year. What are the chances that he will think them good enough to be played much in the Premier League this year? Both have good moments against crap opposition, but we don't know what they would look like as regular selections against strong teams. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think we'll see less of them than Stewart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024