Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The march of renewables 22:53 - Jul 14 with 827 viewsBoundy

Just a thought but instead of building massive inefficient solar farms which will supply up to 100,000 homes why not put the panels on the roofs of the 100,000 instead .

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/fears-for-food-security-as-miliband-pushes

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The march of renewables on 23:22 - Jul 14 with 812 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Because then the energy companies don’t have control of how much they can charge you,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The march of renewables on 23:33 - Jul 14 with 802 viewsBoundy

The march of renewables on 23:22 - Jul 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Because then the energy companies don’t have control of how much they can charge you,

Cynic

The march of renewables on 00:29 - Jul 15 with 784 viewsmajorraglan

Every new build should be fitted with solar, whether it’s electric, hot water or both, it’s a no brainer. Fitting the kit when the house is being built is easier cheaper and it will all be VAT free.

I’m considering installing solar tbh, but the repayment period is much longer than I’d like.
The march of renewables on 07:03 - Jul 15 with 742 viewsDr_Winston

The march of renewables on 00:29 - Jul 15 by majorraglan

Every new build should be fitted with solar, whether it’s electric, hot water or both, it’s a no brainer. Fitting the kit when the house is being built is easier cheaper and it will all be VAT free.

I’m considering installing solar tbh, but the repayment period is much longer than I’d like.

Every new build should have solar, every industrial or commercial building should have solar, every car park should have solar. Build more nuclear. Use tidal more.

Anything but bloody windmills.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The march of renewables on 08:35 - Jul 15 with 695 viewsBoundy

The march of renewables on 07:03 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Every new build should have solar, every industrial or commercial building should have solar, every car park should have solar. Build more nuclear. Use tidal more.

The trouble is to get the most available energy from the sun the panels need to be south facing, a big announcement by the wag is its now open season on planning consent for on and off shore windfarms along with solar farms this are the planting of trees and wildflower meadows will ensure the target of net zero will be reached by ?

They're even setting up their own company to jump on the band wagon ,
"Today we're launching Trydan Gwyrdd Cymru - a renewables company for Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🔋
TGC will accelerate the development of renewable energy projects on the wider Welsh public estate and maximise their value for the people of Wales."

[Post edited 15 Jul 8:47]

The march of renewables on 08:38 - Jul 15 with 692 viewsWhiterockin

I would be interested to know the long term affect these bloody noisy things have on wildlife and environment. Even at sea they vibrate and crate sound waves through the seabed.
The march of renewables on 08:48 - Jul 15 with 675 viewsBoundy

The march of renewables on 08:38 - Jul 15 by Whiterockin

I would be interested to know the long term affect these bloody noisy things have on wildlife and environment. Even at sea they vibrate and crate sound waves through the seabed.

Do you mean turbines ?

The march of renewables on 09:07 - Jul 15 with 659 viewsWhiterockin

The march of renewables on 08:48 - Jul 15 by Boundy

Do you mean turbines ?

Wind turbines.
Login to get fewer ads

The march of renewables on 10:10 - Jul 15 with 638 viewsDr_Winston

The march of renewables on 08:35 - Jul 15 by Boundy

The trouble is to get the most available energy from the sun the panels need to be south facing, a big announcement by the wag is its now open season on planning consent for on and off shore windfarms along with solar farms this are the planting of trees and wildflower meadows will ensure the target of net zero will be reached by ?

They're even setting up their own company to jump on the band wagon ,
"Today we're launching Trydan Gwyrdd Cymru - a renewables company for Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🔋
TGC will accelerate the development of renewable energy projects on the wider Welsh public estate and maximise their value for the people of Wales."

[Post edited 15 Jul 8:47]

Have they learned nothing from Nottingham?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood_Energy

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The march of renewables on 13:25 - Jul 15 with 578 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Nuclear is a no brainer. It’s also carbon free. No air pollution.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The march of renewables on 13:43 - Jul 15 with 569 viewsBoundy

The march of renewables on 10:10 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Have they learned nothing from Nottingham?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood_Energy

They care not , it's not their money .

The march of renewables on 15:59 - Jul 15 with 524 viewsBoundy

Author Stan Robinson

"The Madness of Labour’s ‘Net Zero’: A Grim Future for Wales
In their reckless pursuit of 'Net Zero', the Labour Government, spearheaded by Ed Miliband and supported by the likes of Chris Stark, is hurtling Wales towards an energy crisis. Their green fantasy is not only impractical but downright dangerous. Let’s get one thing clear: without a reliable energy source, Wales is facing a grim future where our lights go out, our industries collapse, and our countryside is blighted beyond recognition.
Take a look at Port Talbot. Once the heart of Welsh industry, it is now a shadow of its former self. The turning off of the blast furnaces is a national act of suicide. The heavy industries that powered our economy are being systematically dismantled in the name of reducing carbon emissions. The Labour Government’s blind rush to eliminate carbon has already cost thousands of jobs and livelihoods, decimating communities built around these industries.
And what about our beloved countryside? The once serene and picturesque landscapes are now marred by an army of wind turbines. These monstrous structures dominate the horizon, killing birds and blighting the natural beauty that Wales is renowned for. Despite their supposed benefits, they fail to provide a reliable energy source. When the wind doesn’t blow, we’re left in the dark. The Government’s solution? Build more, covering more of our green hills with concrete and steel, destroying the very essence of rural Wales.
Meanwhile, the looming threat of blackouts grows larger. Renewable energy sources like wind and solar are intermittent at best. They cannot be relied upon unlike Gas to meet the continuous variable energy demand of a modern society. Without a stable base load power supply, we’re left vulnerable. Imagine hospitals shutting down mid-surgery, businesses grinding to a halt, and homes freezing in the winter. This isn’t some dystopian fiction – it’s a very real possibility under Labour’s current trajectory.
Ed Miliband, Labour’s go-to for these green fantasies, and Chris Stark, the Chief Executive of the Committee on Climate Change, seem determined to push this agenda regardless of the consequences. Their ideological crusade overlooks the fundamental need for a stable energy supply. They are so enamoured with their vision of a green utopia that they ignore the practical realities of energy production and consumption.
There is a solution staring us in the face, yet it’s one the Labour Government seems determined to ignore. Remove the unreliable wind and solar completely and replace with Small Modular Reactors (SMRs). These nuclear power plants, designed by companies like Rolls-Royce, offer a dependable, low-carbon energy source. Unlike the fickle wind and sun, SMRs provide consistent power, essential for a stable grid. They’re scalable, cost-effective, and could be the key to maintaining our energy security while reducing emissions.
Yet, instead of embracing this technology, the Government, under Miliband’s influence and Stark’s advice, is stuck in its ideological crusade against anything that isn’t labelled ‘renewable’. This stubbornness isn’t just misguided – it’s criminally negligent. By failing to secure a reliable energy base load and variable load, the Labour Government is setting us up for failure. The result? A Wales in darkness, both literally and metaphorically.
UK Labour’s ‘Net Zero’ madness, driven by Ed Miliband, Chris Stark, and Julie James AM, the Welsh Climate Minister, is leading Wales towards an economic and environmental disaster. The destruction of heavy industry, the blight on our countryside, and the looming threat of blackouts paint a bleak picture. It’s time to ditch the fantasy and face reality of the base load being nuclear and the variable load being Gas. Our future depends on it.
Stan Robinson -
Voice Of Wales

The march of renewables on 16:06 - Jul 15 with 514 viewsWhiterockin

The march of renewables on 15:59 - Jul 15 by Boundy

Author Stan Robinson

"The Madness of Labour’s ‘Net Zero’: A Grim Future for Wales
In their reckless pursuit of 'Net Zero', the Labour Government, spearheaded by Ed Miliband and supported by the likes of Chris Stark, is hurtling Wales towards an energy crisis. Their green fantasy is not only impractical but downright dangerous. Let’s get one thing clear: without a reliable energy source, Wales is facing a grim future where our lights go out, our industries collapse, and our countryside is blighted beyond recognition.
Take a look at Port Talbot. Once the heart of Welsh industry, it is now a shadow of its former self. The turning off of the blast furnaces is a national act of suicide. The heavy industries that powered our economy are being systematically dismantled in the name of reducing carbon emissions. The Labour Government’s blind rush to eliminate carbon has already cost thousands of jobs and livelihoods, decimating communities built around these industries.
And what about our beloved countryside? The once serene and picturesque landscapes are now marred by an army of wind turbines. These monstrous structures dominate the horizon, killing birds and blighting the natural beauty that Wales is renowned for. Despite their supposed benefits, they fail to provide a reliable energy source. When the wind doesn’t blow, we’re left in the dark. The Government’s solution? Build more, covering more of our green hills with concrete and steel, destroying the very essence of rural Wales.
Meanwhile, the looming threat of blackouts grows larger. Renewable energy sources like wind and solar are intermittent at best. They cannot be relied upon unlike Gas to meet the continuous variable energy demand of a modern society. Without a stable base load power supply, we’re left vulnerable. Imagine hospitals shutting down mid-surgery, businesses grinding to a halt, and homes freezing in the winter. This isn’t some dystopian fiction – it’s a very real possibility under Labour’s current trajectory.
Ed Miliband, Labour’s go-to for these green fantasies, and Chris Stark, the Chief Executive of the Committee on Climate Change, seem determined to push this agenda regardless of the consequences. Their ideological crusade overlooks the fundamental need for a stable energy supply. They are so enamoured with their vision of a green utopia that they ignore the practical realities of energy production and consumption.
There is a solution staring us in the face, yet it’s one the Labour Government seems determined to ignore. Remove the unreliable wind and solar completely and replace with Small Modular Reactors (SMRs). These nuclear power plants, designed by companies like Rolls-Royce, offer a dependable, low-carbon energy source. Unlike the fickle wind and sun, SMRs provide consistent power, essential for a stable grid. They’re scalable, cost-effective, and could be the key to maintaining our energy security while reducing emissions.
Yet, instead of embracing this technology, the Government, under Miliband’s influence and Stark’s advice, is stuck in its ideological crusade against anything that isn’t labelled ‘renewable’. This stubbornness isn’t just misguided – it’s criminally negligent. By failing to secure a reliable energy base load and variable load, the Labour Government is setting us up for failure. The result? A Wales in darkness, both literally and metaphorically.
UK Labour’s ‘Net Zero’ madness, driven by Ed Miliband, Chris Stark, and Julie James AM, the Welsh Climate Minister, is leading Wales towards an economic and environmental disaster. The destruction of heavy industry, the blight on our countryside, and the looming threat of blackouts paint a bleak picture. It’s time to ditch the fantasy and face reality of the base load being nuclear and the variable load being Gas. Our future depends on it.
Stan Robinson -
Voice Of Wales

With bated breath I await a response from Senedd supporting posters.
The march of renewables on 16:34 - Jul 15 with 493 viewsmax936

ASHP systems are best fitted on new builds as underfloor heating can be installed as the build progresses, that said I've been to customers who have grants for Solar, ASHP and EV charger, one customer said their grant was 40k, they were happy with it all complete new heating systems with Mega flow type hot water heater, need room for them though, they take up a fair bit of room cause the heat exchangers are separate items, basically you need a larger than normal airing cupboard size space, I've fitted a few in the past fair bit of work involved.
Fitted a few in boiler houses over at Tata, big old units they were though.
Glad I'm not doing that any more at my age

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The march of renewables on 18:09 - Jul 15 with 451 viewsSullutaCreturned

I've beaten that drum for ages, every new BUILDING let alone homes, should have solar panels fitted and the roofs should all be designed to face in the most suitable direction, South.

If we are serious about going green, about "saving the planet" these are the things we need to do. The fact that nne of this is happening has a lot of people believing it's all a lie.

In fact in the words of one of my colleagues, they keep on saying we're in last chance saloon but then they bump the date, 2030 became 2035. If it's really that serious then why aren't they doing more right NOW.

It's a good question.
The march of renewables on 18:48 - Jul 15 with 431 viewsmax936

The march of renewables on 18:09 - Jul 15 by SullutaCreturned

I've beaten that drum for ages, every new BUILDING let alone homes, should have solar panels fitted and the roofs should all be designed to face in the most suitable direction, South.

If we are serious about going green, about "saving the planet" these are the things we need to do. The fact that nne of this is happening has a lot of people believing it's all a lie.

In fact in the words of one of my colleagues, they keep on saying we're in last chance saloon but then they bump the date, 2030 became 2035. If it's really that serious then why aren't they doing more right NOW.

It's a good question.

This obsession this country has got about Carbon Zero etc is a load of old dish water, just an excuse to again fleece the hard working tax payer, as if this country the size of the head of a pin in world terms is gonna make any difference to anything.

China. Russia, India and the US are the World's biggest countries and the Worlds biggest polluters. Whatever little old GB does is gonna make no difference.

People need to think about this.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The march of renewables on 19:31 - Jul 15 with 408 viewsSullutaCreturned

The march of renewables on 18:48 - Jul 15 by max936

This obsession this country has got about Carbon Zero etc is a load of old dish water, just an excuse to again fleece the hard working tax payer, as if this country the size of the head of a pin in world terms is gonna make any difference to anything.

China. Russia, India and the US are the World's biggest countries and the Worlds biggest polluters. Whatever little old GB does is gonna make no difference.

People need to think about this.

I've banged that drum too, the Uk produces about 1% of global CO2, China produces about 23% and its rising,

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/06/china-emissions-global-warming-climate-ch
The march of renewables on 09:43 - Jul 16 with 298 viewscontroversial_jack

Whenever i travel by rain, which isn't often, I look at the back of houses to see how many have these heat source pumps. I look for the big fan units, and I basically do not see any at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024