Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? 07:22 - Feb 18 with 6027 viewsBklynRanger

That for me yesterday was a yay. Not long term but thought he looked on his toes and determined.

Not so good when he tried to do the odd fancy thing up the line and couldn't, but those three consecutive block tackles near the end were beautiful.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:51 - Feb 18 with 1990 viewsHooping_Mad

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:48 - Feb 18 by Northernr

Very decent yesterday, as a lot of them were.
So you think you've cracked it, you pick something similar again the following game, and they'll play completely differently.
Must be absolutely infuriating to manage.

Are you suggesting we scout the opposition? Crazy talk

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:52 - Feb 18 with 1987 viewsPunteR

So you think you've cracked it, you pick something similar again the following game, and they'll play completely differently.

Like lumpy custard. No consistency.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:59 - Feb 18 with 1958 viewsbaz_qpr

As ever we have a tendency to judge players on their second half performance, and second half Dunne was very decent. 1st half he got skinned a few times (their best chances came down the right) and sliced the ball into touch a number of times.

Likewise Anderson had a very poor first 20 minutes, gave the ball away in dangerous situations looked super rusty, until he beat a few players wide right and was then superb until he was subbed.

Begovic was shaky throughout

Cook, JCS and Hayden were excellent from start to finish
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 12:05 - Feb 18 with 1939 viewsHooping_Mad

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:59 - Feb 18 by baz_qpr

As ever we have a tendency to judge players on their second half performance, and second half Dunne was very decent. 1st half he got skinned a few times (their best chances came down the right) and sliced the ball into touch a number of times.

Likewise Anderson had a very poor first 20 minutes, gave the ball away in dangerous situations looked super rusty, until he beat a few players wide right and was then superb until he was subbed.

He had a good pair of hands yesterday, only thing he got wrong was letting one ball go across his box when he should have pounced on it first time. He hasn't stopped waiting for the ball to come to him at feet and it is scary to watch.

Walked away with a clean sheet, I gave him a 7.

Did anyone see him celebrate the goal? I thought it a bit odd he didn't bat an eyelid when we scored but gave his shirt away at the end.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 14:00 - Feb 18 with 1790 viewsgazza1

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 11:59 - Feb 18 by baz_qpr

I agree although, perhaps, a little harsh on Dunne.......we were very decent in the 2nd half, - all of them and the subs. Should have won by more.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 14:02 - Feb 18 with 1778 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hopefully, if he aspires to be a decent Champ coach himself, Marti will be onto the inconsistency, have a hypothesis about it, and in the players' ears about it. Unlike us fans, he does at least appear not to be a manic-depressive and in fact decently sober and sanguine. Brizzle goes to show how, in most cases, it's ridiculous to have 'take up positions' on football teams to any extreme - football destroys such evaluative perspectives through its both maddening and gorgeous unpredictability. Right now, this is a team that has shown, in literally two games, it can veer from the abject to the sublime. It is lazy and industrious. It can be vulnerable to set-pieces and defend manfully. Its midfield is anonymous and classy. It makes chances and fails to make them; it takes them, and wastes them. It demoralises and delights us. In short, to quote Mark from Peep Show, they're a bunch of shitty, faithless, back-stabbing beauties.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=452353482994648
[Post edited 18 Feb 14:24]

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 14:13 - Feb 18 with 1744 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 09:31 - Feb 18 by Bakes

I don’t think I’ll ever get the image of Dunne running through those 3 Bristol players and leaving 2 of them writhing around on the floor like decapitated worms out of my head.

Absolute headcase

Great post I was delighted to see Jimmy say fcuk that and keep ploughing through. them
I was sure the ref was going to give a free against him but he figured JD was angry and would probably tell him to fcuk off haha.
Always like Jimmy felt he bled for QPR but has fallen down the pecking order a bit until yesterday
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 1711 viewsdaveB

coming out of the side for a few weeks seems to have helped him as he looked his old self yesterday, thought he played really well
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 1665 viewsdavman

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 10:19 - Feb 18 by 1JD

Dunne played well after a shaky start. What you get in aerial addition, you lose in playing out. We missed Dunne out largely and Cook went long. That said he still had moments on the ball deep in our half, and against a higher pressing side - the Bristol press was not full on - it will likely be exposed.

Surprised they didn’t try and isolate him 1 on 1 more as he got roasted by Bell I think after on 10 minutes or so. They then switched Mehmeti to front him up second half to do exactly that, but our defensive shape was excellent and he rarely got the ball. A stop gap for me, against tricky, pacey, direct wingers running at him it could be bit a disaster.

Positionally looked really, really lost for the first twenty and with Willock in front of him I was amazed that City did not try to target that side. Like many others, he improved into the game, but was helped massively when their sub, whose first name on their screen really was Dire, came on. He lived up to that name and looked like a fan who won a place on the team at half time - one of the worst performances I have seen live in many a year.

We can never fault Jimmy Dunne's effort, but he still is not that clever and I wouldn't expect him to follow too much instruction. However, a vast improvement in the last couple of appearances which is not difficult as he had an abysmal start to the season.

Reggie needed a rest though and if Kakay really is out of the picture and Drewe isn't that good, Dunne was worth a go I guess.

Can he do it against Rotherham at home on a late February Saturday afternoon though?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 15:00 - Feb 18 with 1653 viewscamembeRt

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 09:18 - Feb 18 by Dorse

With Fox it's a straightforward comparison: is he a better CB than Cook, JCS or Dunne? Is he a better LB than Paal or Larkeche? Effectively, he is a squad player and can definitely do a job but, right now, his role is to cover injuries from the bench.

Sorry Dorse, my fat thumb small screen syndrome.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 15:22 - Feb 18 with 1609 viewsDorse

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 15:00 - Feb 18 by camembeRt

Sorry Dorse, my fat thumb small screen syndrome.

That's why I type with my schlong.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 15:29 - Feb 18 with 1581 viewsBoston

Just me, but I thought the play that made the most impact yesterday was Bell limping off?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 16:15 - Feb 18 with 1498 viewsterryb

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 15:29 - Feb 18 by Boston

Just me, but I thought the play that made the most impact yesterday was Bell limping off?

That certainly helped Boston, but surely the biggest impact was the move where we played the ball on the ground, passed to feet & Chair swept the ball home!

Our game completely changed from that point on & we should have scored at least two more.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 1383 viewsWestonsuperR

Proved yesterday he is a decent back up at right back, still have concerns about his pace and general touch and control of the ball.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 17:37 - Feb 18 with 1297 viewsParkRoyalR

But we have different players now, and most importantly we're not playing with 10 men with Dozzell,

We have two head-up and mobile no 10's in Andersen + Hodge and a CDM who is both mobile and can pass in Hadyn,

Throw in two or three dogs who aren't quitters in Field, Dunne + Dykes and you for the first time this season have a balanced team of both fighting and footballing qualities.

Cook got knocked about by Ashley Barnes against Norwich so I wouldn't 100 percent discount saying to Dunne you go head to head with Hughill and Cook plays RB, big call but tactically I would hope our Manager is looking at these sorts of options.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 18:00 - Feb 18 with 1257 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A 'No' for me.

I thought he did well yesterday in the circumstances, but he was under pressure leading up to half-time and clearly not suited to one-on-one defending at right-back.

He was clearly out of position and while he and Field both did certain things well, their inclusion meant that we struggled to play out from the back, particularly in the first half.

Cannon is a much more natural right-back and hopefully he'll get 100% fit soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 21:11 - Feb 18 with 1081 viewsdmm

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 09:31 - Feb 18 by Bakes

I don’t think I’ll ever get the image of Dunne running through those 3 Bristol players and leaving 2 of them writhing around on the floor like decapitated worms out of my head.

Absolute headcase

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 07:55 - Feb 19 with 947 viewsfrancisbowles

The major advantage of Dunne at RB is that he is taller than Cannon and therefore has a better chance of keeping Begovic's kicks from going out for an opposition throw.😁
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 08:25 - Feb 19 with 914 viewsgazza1

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 17:37 - Feb 18 by ParkRoyalR

But we have different players now, and most importantly we're not playing with 10 men with Dozzell,

We have two head-up and mobile no 10's in Andersen + Hodge and a CDM who is both mobile and can pass in Hadyn,

Throw in two or three dogs who aren't quitters in Field, Dunne + Dykes and you for the first time this season have a balanced team of both fighting and footballing qualities.

Cook got knocked about by Ashley Barnes against Norwich so I wouldn't 100 percent discount saying to Dunne you go head to head with Hughill and Cook plays RB, big call but tactically I would hope our Manager is looking at these sorts of options.

1 - MC isn't going to change the back 4 against Rotherham and he certainly will not be playing Cook anywhere apart from CB, it is not an option.
2 - LD may get a start on Saturday but may not - depends on how the Manager is looking at the game.
3 - Big difference is Hayden at CDM. He knows how to play the game. He passes the ball and not always backwards. Think Field will start too and don't write off Colback either.
[Post edited 19 Feb 8:25]
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 08:35 - Feb 19 with 902 viewssprocket

Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 18:00 - Feb 18 by BrianMcCarthy

A 'No' for me.

I thought he did well yesterday in the circumstances, but he was under pressure leading up to half-time and clearly not suited to one-on-one defending at right-back.

He was clearly out of position and while he and Field both did certain things well, their inclusion meant that we struggled to play out from the back, particularly in the first half.

Cannon is a much more natural right-back and hopefully he'll get 100% fit soon.

Agree with this. JD did look a little uncomfortable in the first half while Bell was on.
Jimmy Dunne at RB - yay or indeed nay? on 12:57 - Feb 19 with 767 viewsRangersw12

This was quality from him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024