Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat 18:12 - Jul 21 with 12129 viewsWhiterockin

Will this be the first "serious" friendly where we start off with possibly our best starting 11 and tweak it as we go on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:32 - Jul 21 with 1792 viewsraynor94

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:26 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

I always thought fitness was gained by effort, maybe the squad are exhausted after three weeks of running ?

Maybe so Keith, but still early to making any kind of judgement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:33 - Jul 21 with 1788 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:31 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

Very strong potential of this...

Ni, Ni, Ni, Ni.

We want a ............a ..............a ..................shrubbery.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:36 - Jul 21 with 1731 viewsdantheswansman

I am flabbergasted, how can you defend that? yeah its pre season, and yeah its a "friendly" but come on, where was the creativity? where was anything? i for one do not think this is us holding back, we looked awful, sorry this is not a good looking squad, only time will tell
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:38 - Jul 21 with 1714 viewsFireboy2

Imo Oxford looked sharper an a split second ahead of us in the first half.

Then after we got the better of it they sat back and defended stoutly.

You can tell it was a the first game together of the more experienced players in the first half, it got better in the second as a few young uns came on and quickened it up.

What is glaring is the lack of a lwb, hopefully we get this buchanan fella, joey will make a difference so I'm not worried at all, if we lose our next two games then I might start.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:39 - Jul 21 with 1697 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:36 - Jul 21 by dantheswansman

I am flabbergasted, how can you defend that? yeah its pre season, and yeah its a "friendly" but come on, where was the creativity? where was anything? i for one do not think this is us holding back, we looked awful, sorry this is not a good looking squad, only time will tell

FFS take a chill pill.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:43 - Jul 21 with 1651 viewsWhiterockin

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:38 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

Imo Oxford looked sharper an a split second ahead of us in the first half.

Then after we got the better of it they sat back and defended stoutly.

You can tell it was a the first game together of the more experienced players in the first half, it got better in the second as a few young uns came on and quickened it up.

What is glaring is the lack of a lwb, hopefully we get this buchanan fella, joey will make a difference so I'm not worried at all, if we lose our next two games then I might start.

You will be hard to find a more positive person than me, but that was dire. Hopefully Tuesday will be better, I wonder how the home crowd will react if its not.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:46 - Jul 21 with 1622 viewsnantywatcher

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:39 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

FFS take a chill pill.

There must be a background story to that performance - something really off about the whole evening - didn't look anything like a group of people enjoying themselves. Do some digging Keith.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:46 - Jul 21 with 1616 viewsshandyjack

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:43 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

You will be hard to find a more positive person than me, but that was dire. Hopefully Tuesday will be better, I wonder how the home crowd will react if its not.

90% probably will just shrug and go about their day as it’s only pre season and results mean nothing.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:47 - Jul 21 with 1610 viewsjojaca

Looks like my choice of watching the darts has paid off this evening.

Even when you know, you never know?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:47 - Jul 21 with 1607 viewsraynor94

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:36 - Jul 21 by dantheswansman

Overreaction in the first order, god help when we lose are first league game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:48 - Jul 21 with 1594 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:43 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

You can only play as well as the opposition let's you and Oxford played well.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:48 - Jul 21 with 1580 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:46 - Jul 21 by nantywatcher

There must be a background story to that performance - something really off about the whole evening - didn't look anything like a group of people enjoying themselves. Do some digging Keith.

Yeah Oxford were up for it and we didn't get going.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:50 - Jul 21 with 1547 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:31 - Jul 21 by guthrieintherain

Had 2 years of Martin
2 years of Cooper

Never ending whinging

We should get a sweep stake for when he turns on duff.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:57 - Jul 21 with 1495 viewsmax936

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:48 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

Missed the first half and switched it off after half hour, the stream was shocking and us worse, should have been good enough to have beaten a league one Oxford regardless if they were committed, the question should be asked if Oxford were committed why wasn't an established championship side just as committed especially with a few new players playing.

Not saying that its worrying or anything, but they need to put this game to bed and regather our thoughts and move forward.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:01 - Jul 21 with 1467 viewsWhiterockin

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 21:48 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

True, hopefully everyone learns from this, if you're going to be shite it better to do it now.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:18 - Jul 21 with 1389 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60490/swans-very-flat-in

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

In the pre-season of 2010/11, we lost 2-0 to Hereford and drew 1-1 with Haverfordwest.

I repeat, pre-season results mean absolutely nothing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:33 - Jul 21 with 1311 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:29 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

In the pre-season of 2010/11, we lost 2-0 to Hereford and drew 1-1 with Haverfordwest.

👏
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:38 - Jul 21 with 1282 viewsWhiterockin

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:29 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

Agree results mean nothing, but IMO shape, effort and balance does. The players on the pitch should have performed better.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:41 - Jul 21 with 1268 viewsDr_Winston

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:38 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

Agree results mean nothing, but IMO shape, effort and balance does. The players on the pitch should have performed better.

Nothing matters until there are points at stake. Nothing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 1239 viewsWhiterockin

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:41 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

Nothing matters until there are points at stake. Nothing.

I think it will matter enough to up the anti regarding another keeper.
Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 22:46 - Jul 21 with 1219 viewsKeithHaynes

I think genuinely most are disappointed regards the effort, and the somewhat cumbersome performance. But not to worry, you can watch the Swans again tomorrow 👍

And that’s what matters.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 23:42 - Jul 21 with 1114 viewsAndyconky

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 20:05 - Jul 21 by dantheswansman

Oh well, far worse than i could ever have envisioned, we are terrible, absolutely gutless and awful, only player on that pitch worth anything is Ntcham, anyone thinking this is an upgrade over MartinBall is insane

it's literally the first real friendly

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 23:48 - Jul 21 with 1104 viewsDr_Winston

It's quite telling that there are a lot of names conspicuous by their absence during most of pre-season who have filled their boots tonight.

Pathetic really, but we do have, sadly to say, quite a lot of pathetic people in our fanbase.

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 00:04 - Jul 22 with 1067 viewsFireboy2

Oxford Utd V Swansea City White R’s Match day Chat on 23:48 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

It's quite telling that there are a lot of names conspicuous by their absence during most of pre-season who have filled their boots tonight.

Pathetic really, but we do have, sadly to say, quite a lot of pathetic people in our fanbase.

Unbelievable Doc, tbh though it isn't alot, thankfully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024