Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city centre 08:47 - May 20 with 26880 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Going to be a great day today
Swansea city centre on 21:21 - May 21 with 1212 viewsTogg

Swansea city centre on 19:47 - May 21 by onehunglow

Clatterbridge on Wirral is used frequently fir north Walians stuck with cancer.
Many would die if the plug was pulled.
Why should one country financially support another.
Indy means a full breakaway or it is not independence . Stark fact

We are part of a United Kingdom. For all its faults and no where near perfect. Immigrants have come for years ( including my late mother) to make a better lifestyle for themselves and families. To have the right of free speech and a vote to get rid of any bunch of useless politicians or party.
Swansea city centre on 21:53 - May 21 with 1202 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea city centre on 16:41 - May 20 by cockett_jack

Extremely poor showing, especially as a fair number will originally be from further afield and made the trip down. Clear evidence Swansea is a unionist region.

Maybe part of the city is unionists, but vast areas surrounding swansea is nationalist
Swansea city centre on 21:56 - May 21 with 1199 viewsBoundy

Swansea city centre on 21:53 - May 21 by owainglyndwr

Maybe part of the city is unionists, but vast areas surrounding swansea is nationalist

Just curious but how to you quantify that statement ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea city centre on 22:54 - May 21 with 1165 viewsraynor94

A vast majority of people in Wales are happy to be British as well as Welsh.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea city centre on 07:39 - May 22 with 1131 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 18:38 - May 21 by onehunglow

85% of Swansea people won’t have a clue about that phrase.
Use English. It’s the language of this board.
No welsh section.
Accept it or sink like a stone

haha
I will continue to use yr iaith Cymraeg, and will be proud doing so.
not my fault or problem that there isn't a Welsh section on this board.
Remind you of anything?

ymlaen

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea city centre on 08:53 - May 22 with 1115 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 07:39 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

haha
I will continue to use yr iaith Cymraeg, and will be proud doing so.
not my fault or problem that there isn't a Welsh section on this board.
Remind you of anything?

ymlaen

Well,you are passing in the wind then as people won’t be getting your message.
Start a welsh board,if you’re not comfortable .
Forward

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea city centre on 12:02 - May 22 with 1079 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea city centre on 12:03 - May 22 with 1075 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea city centre on 08:53 - May 22 by onehunglow

Forward

See the post above. It’s gaining momentum.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city centre on 13:57 - May 22 with 1031 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 12:03 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

I have.
It isn’t

Swansea city centre on 14:01 - May 22 with 1031 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Only 20% of the Welsh people are in favour of independence usually in Welsh Language strongholds.

Clearly your statements " vast areas " surrounding Swanses are nationalist is not supported by any evidence.

A vast exaggeration by you.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea city centre on 14:06 - May 22 with 1026 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea city centre on 12:03 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

1) A few thousand people travelling to a different point in Wales every 6 months for a march in a different location isn't necessarily an indication of significant rising demand for independence.

2) The Welsh language board on this sites former guises was barely used and later abandoned due to lack of use as I recall

3) I seem to also recall only quite recently on this board a poster..and I do stand to be corrected if my memory fails me.... ( who I can only assume doesn't live in Wales ) offering the ridiculous opinion that 30% of the Welsh population spoke passable Welsh.

Of course the official statistics published just recently record a further downward trend in those able to speak fluent Welsh down to 17 and a half %

A figure and trend which I gain no satisfaction from as I genuinely wish for the unique Welsh language to flourish and survive.

However I do feel that empty non fact backed rhetoric from either viewpoint does no one any favours on these topics.

If some people wish to see an independent Wales then that is fair enough and if the overwhelming majority don't then that is also fair enough, each is entitled to their own viewpoint and to articulate these opinions but backed by a realistic picture of the actual situation helps I would have thought.
[Post edited 22 May 2023 14:26]
Swansea city centre on 14:08 - May 22 with 1022 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 14:01 - May 22 by felixstowe_jack

Only 20% of the Welsh people are in favour of independence usually in Welsh Language strongholds.

Clearly your statements " vast areas " surrounding Swanses are nationalist is not supported by any evidence.

A vast exaggeration by you.

It’s far greater in the vast areas of Gwynedd,the old Welsh heartlands.
Visit the Llyn and outside Abersoch,it’s probably 90per cent.
In the likes of Bethesda, Penygroes 100%.

In Townhil,probably zero.

Pockets of nationalism which have to shout to be heard .

Swansea city centre on 14:16 - May 22 with 1018 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 08:53 - May 22 by onehunglow

Forward

i will talk as freely as i like, in what language i choose, without having to go hide somewhere, this isn't the early 1900s.
It seems you have a phobia of the Welsh language.
There isn't anything to be scared of i promise you.

Swansea city centre on 14:28 - May 22 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 14:16 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

i will talk as freely as i like, in what language i choose, without having to go hide somewhere, this isn't the early 1900s.
It seems you have a phobia of the Welsh language.
There isn't anything to be scared of i promise you.

It seems you are wrong then.
Consider this, most British demos take place in London,not because of how Londoners feel but simply as it’s the biggest conurbation.

You seem to detest anything English yet we discourse in the tongue that worries you and it worries you because it overwhelms Welsh,as it always has done.

You ve clearly not been to Bethesda where it is entirely understandable independence is pre eminent an issue. It’s rural,isolated and deeply conservative ,unlike Swansea and Cardiff .

Capisce

Swansea city centre on 14:34 - May 22 with 1007 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea city centre on 14:06 - May 22 by BarrySwan

1) A few thousand people travelling to a different point in Wales every 6 months for a march in a different location isn't necessarily an indication of significant rising demand for independence.

2) The Welsh language board on this sites former guises was barely used and later abandoned due to lack of use as I recall

3) I seem to also recall only quite recently on this board a poster..and I do stand to be corrected if my memory fails me.... ( who I can only assume doesn't live in Wales ) offering the ridiculous opinion that 30% of the Welsh population spoke passable Welsh.

Of course the official statistics published just recently record a further downward trend in those able to speak fluent Welsh down to 17 and a half %

A figure and trend which I gain no satisfaction from as I genuinely wish for the unique Welsh language to flourish and survive.

However I do feel that empty non fact backed rhetoric from either viewpoint does no one any favours on these topics.

If some people wish to see an independent Wales then that is fair enough and if the overwhelming majority don't then that is also fair enough, each is entitled to their own viewpoint and to articulate these opinions but backed by a realistic picture of the actual situation helps I would have thought.
[Post edited 22 May 2023 14:26]

Great balanced post Barry, one I whole heartedly agree with.
Swansea city centre on 15:28 - May 22 with 985 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 14:28 - May 22 by onehunglow

Consider this, most British demos take place in London,not because of how Londoners feel but simply as it’s the biggest conurbation.

You seem to detest anything English yet we discourse in the tongue that worries you and it worries you because it overwhelms Welsh,as it always has done.

You ve clearly not been to Bethesda where it is entirely understandable independence is pre eminent an issue. It’s rural,isolated and deeply conservative ,unlike Swansea and Cardiff .

Capisce

incorrect and more drivel yet again,

i am happy to endulge in discourse with you via Cymraeg if you so wish?

Clearly not been to Bethesda? Yet i have strong connections with the exact place itself.

I'll be honest and level with you, i get a kick out of talking to people ignorant of the Welsh language and are against it's peoples right to use it as freely where they want, instead of being told to go sit in a corner somewhere. And you Mr One Bungalow or whatever your name is, fall into that category.

Ymlaen

Swansea city centre on 15:33 - May 22 with 981 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea city centre on 14:28 - May 22 by onehunglow

Capisce

and on a humorous note,

what will you do when Wrexham are promoted to the prem and the movie starts promote Welsh even more across the globe,

Heaven forbid, what will you do if those in power seemed it only fair to have a welsh dragon on the flag that represents the union that Wales itself is part of?

How will you cope Mr Bungalow?

Swansea city centre on 15:58 - May 22 with 973 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city centre on 15:28 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

Clearly not been to Bethesda? Yet i have strong connections with the exact place itself.

I'll be honest and level with you, i get a kick out of talking to people ignorant of the Welsh language and are against it's peoples right to use it as freely where they want, instead of being told to go sit in a corner somewhere. And you Mr One Bungalow or whatever your name is, fall into that category.

Ymlaen

I'll be honest with you. If people want to learn Welsh and then communicate in Welsh then it's their choice and they are free (or should be) to do so and that's what I believe. Nobody should be prssured to learn it or ridiculed because they can't.

Now this march, if indy was gainig momentum then surely these marches would see increasing numbers of people yet it seems to be roughly the same numbers all the time.

There is no VAST area in favour of indy, the vast majority of Welsh voters want to be in the union.

Prynhawn da.
Swansea city centre on 16:46 - May 22 with 955 viewsunion_jack

Swansea city centre on 15:33 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

and on a humorous note,

what will you do when Wrexham are promoted to the prem and the movie starts promote Welsh even more across the globe,

Heaven forbid, what will you do if those in power seemed it only fair to have a welsh dragon on the flag that represents the union that Wales itself is part of?

Name calling is a sure sign of losing the argument 😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea city centre on 17:17 - May 22 with 950 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 15:33 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

and on a humorous note,

What a putrid attempt .
You’ve embarrassed yourself so,chwarae teg, pull out as you’re drowning not waving .

Swansea city centre on 17:21 - May 22 with 948 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 15:28 - May 22 by SgorioFruit

Ymlaen

Now,you re clearly doing what most do when they are losing an argument,ie invent things. Others have pointed this out to you. You need to wind your neck in .
I’m fluent in French and Portuguese as I learned and stuck with languages that are relevant to me.
Knowing the words of Gwahoddiad whilst weeping tears of sentimental sophistry isn’t really for me.

Swansea city centre on 17:25 - May 22 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 16:46 - May 22 by union_jack

Name calling is a sure sign of losing the argument 😉

I d just had an accident in my pants after that as it’s surely Wrecsam,innit. I often cycle over the river Dee to Fflint and often wonder about the need to have a sign as dumb as

Waunarlydd
Waunarlydd

God help us

Swansea city centre on 17:34 - May 22 with 942 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 19:00 - May 21 by Treforys_Jack

Or you could keep having referendums until you get the outcome you want like the Scots.

Or the Brexit half-wits …. 🇬🇧

We had a vote, why have a second one ?
Its almost like in a democracy people can change their minds .. maybe as new facts emerge … ?

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea city centre on 17:38 - May 22 with 941 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city centre on 17:34 - May 22 by Kilkennyjack

Or the Brexit half-wits …. 🇬🇧

We had a vote, why have a second one ?
Its almost like in a democracy people can change their minds .. maybe as new facts emerge … ?

This is where we agree.
I cannot see the benefits of leaving .

Swansea city centre on 17:38 - May 22 with 940 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea city centre on 19:32 - May 21 by Togg

You didn't answer the question..again.
Sinn Fein..the Terrorist Party.
How do we replace DVLA HMRC jobs
North Walians using hospitals in Liverpool
Independent Wales joing th EU would be vetoed by Spain and Belgium. Do you think Spain wants to lose Catalonia where they have pumped millions into and is one of the richest parts of Spain.
Majority of countries are in debt, even more so after COVID. Wales would be part of the debt to.
and by the way it's Northern Ireland. You said you were out in France for the Euros. Did you see the Northern Ireland game. Did you converse with their fans and call them the North of Ireland? If you did you are either extremely brave or a total fool. Are you really that poor in a United Kingdom?
[Post edited 21 May 2023 19:36]

Sinn Fein are winning everywhere in Ireland.
Its the will of the people.

The DUP are a bunch of losers.
Yesterdays men.

If they dont play nicely the Border Poll will be called and there will no longer be a British statelet in the north of Ireland.
A single football team then, just like the rugby boys.

Your goose is cooked ☘️

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024