Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 18 with 28991 viewsDale_4_Life

Big Jim fluffed his lines second half v Bradford.

Tonight there should be no pressure.

Stop the idiotic short goal kicking that nobody wants or enjoys. Play some attacking football in the oppostion half. When play opens up be direct, drive towards goal and get some shots off with venom, ideally on target and follow the shot in with agressive hunting / forward play.

Be tenacious for 90 minutes - run through walls and collapse on your knees at FT.

More of what we saw second half on Saturday is just not acceptable.

Up the Dale I sense a win tonight (although its probably 10 games to late).
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:13 - Apr 20 with 2139 viewsAtThePeake

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 14:48 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

If you read the room though and listen to the fans in the bars before the game etc there are very few fans who want to see Mc Nulty given the job. The style of football is garbage to watch, it was against Bradford and for the majority of the game it was against Tranmere. It's not a case of if Jim wants the job, he shouldn't get to decide. The players thoughts count for nothing, the majority of them are a waste of space and shouldn't be at the club.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 14:50]

Obviously Jim doesn't get to decide? I'm not really sure what your point is there. If he gets results, then he'll be more likely to get the job, and he's far more likely to get results if the players are behind him and giving everything for him. If that means upsetting a few posters on a messageboard then I'm sure he won't mind, because our opinions aren't going to affect results.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:18 - Apr 20 with 2116 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:07 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

Correct. We can moan all day about styles of play but it's pretty much irrelevant if the players aren't good enough. These players aren't good enough.

Agree with that. If you have got poor players I think it makes more sense to simply the game and play the percentages, rather than filling their heads full of magic and expecting then to do things that they clearly aren't capable of doing on a consistent basis. How many times do they attempt to play out and it works up to the half way line and then they can't go any further so it's funnelled back to the defenders who are closed down and resort to just booting the ball aimlessly anywhere, invariably out of play? That is a pattern of play that we see regularly in every game, it's absolute rubbish to watch. Our opponents know what's going to happen, they just put a press on and panic us.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:21 - Apr 20 with 2100 viewsjudd

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:18 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that. If you have got poor players I think it makes more sense to simply the game and play the percentages, rather than filling their heads full of magic and expecting then to do things that they clearly aren't capable of doing on a consistent basis. How many times do they attempt to play out and it works up to the half way line and then they can't go any further so it's funnelled back to the defenders who are closed down and resort to just booting the ball aimlessly anywhere, invariably out of play? That is a pattern of play that we see regularly in every game, it's absolute rubbish to watch. Our opponents know what's going to happen, they just put a press on and panic us.

It doesn't help when some of our players are only knee high to a vvankdorf nuclear physicist grasshopper.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:25 - Apr 20 with 2092 viewsAtThePeake

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:18 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

I think that's a fair hypothesis, but I'd argue that we were far closer to a "percentage team" under Bentley, and our results were worse under him that they have been under McNulty so far.

Tangled up in blue.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:29 - Apr 20 with 2081 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:21 - Apr 20 by judd

It doesn't help when some of our players are only knee high to a vvankdorf nuclear physicist grasshopper.

Correct, a team full of small people won't work in the National League. Somebody mentioned playing some youth players, small people who still haven't finished getting bigger won't be a good idea neither. We need tall players who can kick the ball a long way.🫤
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:33 - Apr 20 with 2072 viewsTalkingSutty

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:25 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

I think that's a fair hypothesis, but I'd argue that we were far closer to a "percentage team" under Bentley, and our results were worse under him that they have been under McNulty so far.

We come back to the same point though..the players aren't good enough. They should be able to play both styles but they can't. We have some players who struggle to trap the ball and some who regularly misplace a simple five yard pass. BBM simplified the game to avoid relegation when he took over from Hill. It wasn't pretty to watch but it cleared the players heads and we did our business in both penalty areas.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 15:36]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:38 - Apr 20 with 2048 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:13 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

Obviously Jim doesn't get to decide? I'm not really sure what your point is there. If he gets results, then he'll be more likely to get the job, and he's far more likely to get results if the players are behind him and giving everything for him. If that means upsetting a few posters on a messageboard then I'm sure he won't mind, because our opinions aren't going to affect results.

If our opinions aren't going to affect results, there's no problem with expressing them either on here or during games and therefore no point in the manager commenting on them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 18:52 - Apr 20 with 1804 viewsSaxonDale

A note about BBM's initial run. Many have said that he took things back to basics and didn't pass it around the back when they first took over, which although true, is forgetful of the rules being different regarding goal kicks at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:04 - Apr 20 with 1750 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:43 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

On the 'Gerrit Forrud' front...

According to Opta data Taylor made 13 passes into the final third on Tuesday night. 4 of them found a Dale shirt. I remember counting 9 what I would call 'long balls' from him, , one of which found a Dale shirt (Henderson's stretched header which was a quarter chance at best and went flying over the bar). I assume the 3 successful passes I didn't count were low passes on the deck which found a forward that was just about in the final third, i.e. 35 yards out, undoubtedly facing his own goal.

Yeah, it's frustrating when we try and play out from the back and concede stupid goals, but thumping the ball forward constantly like Taylor loves to do barely ever works and just constantly gives the opposition possession back. It's so predictable and so bad to watch.

Speaking of…

Anyone see that Tranmeres penalty came from a direct long goal kick into a CF which we got countered on…risky tactic that one
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 20 with 1741 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:13 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

Careful, with views like this your going to be accused of collaboration
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:07 - Apr 20 with 1735 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:25 - Apr 20 by AtThePeake

Preach 🙌🏻
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:08 - Apr 20 with 1734 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

Careful, with views like this your going to be accused of collaboration

The only people accusing others of collaboration lately have been you, and erm, you.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 20 with 1696 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:08 - Apr 20 by kel

The only people accusing others of collaboration lately have been you, and erm, you.

You forgot the third “and you” or does Atthepeake have to post a couple more things disagreeing with you to incur the wrath
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 20 with 1676 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

You forgot the third “and you” or does Atthepeake have to post a couple more things disagreeing with you to incur the wrath

What you wittering on about this time, Nidge?

Why is it that whenever someone posts something you and your other username approves of you’re both on within minutes to give it a ‘like’? You normally post later at night under this name (drink?) but you’ve slipped up again. Good lord.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:25 - Apr 20 with 1659 viewsblackdogblue

This a better watch than the crap on TV..

Is it this below or ousting Irishdale 🤷‍♂️… loosing track 😎

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:34 - Apr 20 with 1627 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 20 by kel

What you wittering on about this time, Nidge?

Why is it that whenever someone posts something you and your other username approves of you’re both on within minutes to give it a ‘like’? You normally post later at night under this name (drink?) but you’ve slipped up again. Good lord.

No I just work night shifts, and it seems to be when the gremlins come out on here too

Apologies I’ll right this new rule down and add it to the others:

So we have:
1) Don’t disagree with people (this is a big one)
2) Every pass has to be played above head height
3) Don’t have similar views to another person, unless that person really likes direct football, then you can agree
4) Facts are not facts unless it is an approved fact from the forum
5) Players must be booed in a game regardless of how they are playing and especially if it’s the first touch of the game

And finally:
6) Don’t like another members post unless Kel has liked it first

These are difficult rules to follow, but I will endeavour to break all
Of them 👍🏻😁
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:38 - Apr 20 with 1621 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:34 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

No I just work night shifts, and it seems to be when the gremlins come out on here too

Apologies I’ll right this new rule down and add it to the others:

So we have:
1) Don’t disagree with people (this is a big one)
2) Every pass has to be played above head height
3) Don’t have similar views to another person, unless that person really likes direct football, then you can agree
4) Facts are not facts unless it is an approved fact from the forum
5) Players must be booed in a game regardless of how they are playing and especially if it’s the first touch of the game

And finally:
6) Don’t like another members post unless Kel has liked it first

These are difficult rules to follow, but I will endeavour to break all
Of them 👍🏻😁

So you work nights and post on here at night? Righto.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:46 - Apr 20 with 1593 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:38 - Apr 20 by kel

So you work nights and post on here at night? Righto.

Yes that’s right.

Liked this post, hopes that’s okay Kel?
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 20 with 1541 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 19:46 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

Yes that’s right.

Liked this post, hopes that’s okay Kel?

That’s fine with me, Nigel/Kevin, or whatever personality you have this week. We both know I’m right about who you are but you crack on. I’ll be proved right in the end (as always) so I’ll let you carry on trolling now. You’re an insane prick with serious issues that need resolving and if that gets me a ban for saying so then so be it. You’ll ruin this board with your trolling and you’re only here to cause trouble with a bunch of fans who care deeply about the club. Not for the first time the mods have fallen asleep at the wheel dealing with absolute bellends like you.

Gerrit reported/forward.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 20:22]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:20 - Apr 20 with 1516 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 20 by kel

That’s fine with me, Nigel/Kevin, or whatever personality you have this week. We both know I’m right about who you are but you crack on. I’ll be proved right in the end (as always) so I’ll let you carry on trolling now. You’re an insane prick with serious issues that need resolving and if that gets me a ban for saying so then so be it. You’ll ruin this board with your trolling and you’re only here to cause trouble with a bunch of fans who care deeply about the club. Not for the first time the mods have fallen asleep at the wheel dealing with absolute bellends like you.

Gerrit reported/forward.

Yes, I’m the one with issues, not the person who’s got so rattled he’s had to resort swearing and name calling as he lost an argument. Liked this post again, is that okay Kel?
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:24 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:20 - Apr 20 by irishdale2022

Yes, I’m the one with issues, not the person who’s got so rattled he’s had to resort swearing and name calling as he lost an argument. Liked this post again, is that okay Kel?

That’s fine mr personality disorder. Like I said, crack on.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:43 - Apr 20 with 1424 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 20 by kel

Gerrit reported/forward.

Disagreeing with your opinion isn’t trolling, neither giving my own. As a fan myself I’m entitled to it
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:05 - Apr 20 with 1358 viewsEllDale

Anyone else yet seen Sevilla’s opening goal tonight?
Even internationals can’t always play something similar to McNultyball without dropping a clanger every now and then.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:08 - Apr 20 with 1343 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:05 - Apr 20 by EllDale

Even internationals can’t always play something similar to McNultyball without dropping a clanger every now and then.

And when you get players who have a lot less ball playing skills attempting it, it's even more liable to give away goals.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:16 - Apr 20 with 1208 viewsJames1980

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:05 - Apr 20 by EllDale

Hazlo avanzar that's Spanish for get it forward according to Google translate
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 22:19]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024