Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? 23:52 - Feb 9 with 6590 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 12:02]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 11:55 - Feb 10 with 1097 viewsnantywatcher

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 07:50 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

What makes you say they don’t care?

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t put £16m of their own money in? Watch youth games? Fly tens of thousands of miles to watch us multiple times when they can watch from home?

I am 99% in synch with Dr P on all football matters, more or less spot on all the time however, after a lifetime of running multi-million-pound companies and being a director of a Football League club this most definitely is NOT the way to run a football club. The fact that some Americans pop over to watch an occasional game is a pretty feeble argument. The American continent and the city of Swansea are still in the same locations as the day they took over. There should be someone within the owner's circle at the club permanently if they cannot find someone better than Winter to run the club (although that should not be difficult.)
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:01 - Feb 10 with 1097 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 11:41 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

I think one of the problems with this thread is our individual understanding of the word care or caring. There are approx. forty different synonyms for care or caring. Dr P sees that as 'watchfulness' or 'guardianship.' Others are thinking vigilance, responsibility, prudence or carefulness. How the hell did Mr Winter get omitted from this poll?

I created the poll to ask who our posters blame most.
Not sure when care was a part of the poll
I personally think Winter is the messenger boy for the owners and has no influence on signings or any other of the matters which have caused such anger lately.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 12:09]

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:14 - Feb 10 with 1058 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 11:55 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

I am 99% in synch with Dr P on all football matters, more or less spot on all the time however, after a lifetime of running multi-million-pound companies and being a director of a Football League club this most definitely is NOT the way to run a football club. The fact that some Americans pop over to watch an occasional game is a pretty feeble argument. The American continent and the city of Swansea are still in the same locations as the day they took over. There should be someone within the owner's circle at the club permanently if they cannot find someone better than Winter to run the club (although that should not be difficult.)

There is far more to it than that.

Putting £16m of their own money in while keeping us solvent. Breaking club transfer records in both the Premier League and Football League:

Not sure what else we are wanting from them? The are running the club as they should.

This January was a bit disappointing but they seemed just as disappointed, but it’s not like we were going anywhere anyway under this manager.

Didn’t bother me if we got Grant or not, or anyone else we were linked to for that matter. I’d rather have kept the money for next season.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:19 - Feb 10 with 1052 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 11:41 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

I think one of the problems with this thread is our individual understanding of the word care or caring. There are approx. forty different synonyms for care or caring. Dr P sees that as 'watchfulness' or 'guardianship.' Others are thinking vigilance, responsibility, prudence or carefulness. How the hell did Mr Winter get omitted from this poll?

But ensuring the financial health of the club is all the care we can ask of any owners? Whether that be Welsh, West Indian or Alien.

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t be putting money in, wouldn’t be watching youth football, wouldn’t be donating to local community charities:incentives, wouldn’t bother engaging with the fans.

It’s incredibly unrealistic if we are expecting all shareholders to uproot their families and move to Swansea, which seems to be the last remaining complaint.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:24 - Feb 10 with 1056 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:14 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

There is far more to it than that.

Putting £16m of their own money in while keeping us solvent. Breaking club transfer records in both the Premier League and Football League:

Not sure what else we are wanting from them? The are running the club as they should.

This January was a bit disappointing but they seemed just as disappointed, but it’s not like we were going anywhere anyway under this manager.

Didn’t bother me if we got Grant or not, or anyone else we were linked to for that matter. I’d rather have kept the money for next season.

"but they seemed just as disappointed"
Be interested to see any evidence of such disappointment from the owners regarding the last window ?
Think Keith has already proven none exists

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:25 - Feb 10 with 1044 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:24 - Feb 10 by STID2017

"but they seemed just as disappointed"
Be interested to see any evidence of such disappointment from the owners regarding the last window ?
Think Keith has already proven none exists

Proven how?

Prove Russell Martin cared then. Off you go…

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:30 - Feb 10 with 1043 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:25 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Proven how?

Prove Russell Martin cared then. Off you go…

Not me saying anyone cares ?
So it is your point to prove.
Off you go ...

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:30 - Feb 10 with 1030 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:30 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Not me saying anyone cares ?
So it is your point to prove.
Off you go ...

I just did.

Login to get fewer ads

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:31 - Feb 10 with 1029 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:19 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

But ensuring the financial health of the club is all the care we can ask of any owners? Whether that be Welsh, West Indian or Alien.

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t be putting money in, wouldn’t be watching youth football, wouldn’t be donating to local community charities:incentives, wouldn’t bother engaging with the fans.

It’s incredibly unrealistic if we are expecting all shareholders to uproot their families and move to Swansea, which seems to be the last remaining complaint.

Bump for the hard of reading

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:37 - Feb 10 with 1029 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:31 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Bump for the hard of reading

That is not caring.
That is managing their poor investment, while attempting to hoodwink the fans that they actually care.
Most ( apart from you it seems ) no they don't care.
You haven't proven they were disappointed in the last window.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:39 - Feb 10 with 1017 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:37 - Feb 10 by STID2017

That is not caring.
That is managing their poor investment, while attempting to hoodwink the fans that they actually care.
Most ( apart from you it seems ) no they don't care.
You haven't proven they were disappointed in the last window.

You have zero clue of their feelings, you are making a point which is the opposite of the evidence because it plays into your narrative of deflecting blame from your hero.

Which of course is why you created this poll in the first place and now reducing it to a load of nonsense with zero foundation now it isn’t going your way.

Classic STID.

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:58 - Feb 10 with 995 viewsSirjohnalot

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:39 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

You have zero clue of their feelings, you are making a point which is the opposite of the evidence because it plays into your narrative of deflecting blame from your hero.

Which of course is why you created this poll in the first place and now reducing it to a load of nonsense with zero foundation now it isn’t going your way.

Classic STID.

Come on, both of you, play nicely
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:17 - Feb 10 with 981 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:58 - Feb 10 by Sirjohnalot

Come on, both of you, play nicely

I am John.
Just stating my point of view.
Other views differ.
None is wrong as they are all opinions.
The result is largely as I expected blaming Martin
I would love Martin to turn it around but can't see it happening.
As for the owners, remind me of that famous Thatcher speech about not for turning

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:19 - Feb 10 with 975 viewsSirjohnalot

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:17 - Feb 10 by STID2017

I am John.
Just stating my point of view.
Other views differ.
None is wrong as they are all opinions.
The result is largely as I expected blaming Martin
I would love Martin to turn it around but can't see it happening.
As for the owners, remind me of that famous Thatcher speech about not for turning

‘Tesco’s is straight ahead ?’
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 954 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:19 - Feb 10 by Sirjohnalot

‘Tesco’s is straight ahead ?’

Two miles in either direction for me John

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 930 viewsvetchonian

What about the Romans?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:49 - Feb 10 with 928 viewsvetchonian

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 11:26 - Feb 10 by Whiterockin

The biggest problem for us getting players on loan or permanently, will alway be the same thing, location.

Yes location is an issue but if we were doing better as a club in terms of performances it maybe trifle easier to attract said players.

That said we did manage to get prospects such as Rhys Williams,Finn Stevens,Oxo Flex, WOlf so it hasnt always been a huge problem

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:57 - Feb 10 with 910 viewsWhiterockin

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:49 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Yes location is an issue but if we were doing better as a club in terms of performances it maybe trifle easier to attract said players.

That said we did manage to get prospects such as Rhys Williams,Finn Stevens,Oxo Flex, WOlf so it hasnt always been a huge problem

We don't know the ones we missed out on, over the years there must have been many.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 893 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 13:41 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

What about the Romans?

What did the Romans ever do for us ?
Well yes, the roads, sanitation, blah, blah, but apart from that nothing

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 887 viewsnantywatcher

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 12:19 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

I would realistically expect one shareholder or a person very very close to the core of the investors to be here for at least four or five separate solid one month stays during the course of a year. From experience you can learn much more talking to the kit man than you can hob-knobbing with the management.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 14:47 - Feb 10 with 874 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 14:38 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

I would realistically expect one shareholder or a person very very close to the core of the investors to be here for at least four or five separate solid one month stays during the course of a year. From experience you can learn much more talking to the kit man than you can hob-knobbing with the management.

Definetly.
More to owning a club that sitting in an office doing Zoom calls and visiting once in a blue moon.
Don't need them to care - overrated in football - as long as they show actual on the ground commitment.
Sadly our current owners do not.
The bottom line is all they are looking at.
Otherwise ( and as much as I have stuck up for him) Martin would be gone by now IMHO

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 845 viewsvetchonian

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 14:38 - Feb 10 by nantywatcher

Tis very true if you want to know what is really going on go and ask the factory cleaner

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 17:01 - Feb 10 with 822 viewscadleigh

Can you add Julian Winter to that list?

Although I am no fan of Russell Martin, I have maintained since the outset that there's a potential manager in there given enough guidance. IMO he needs a good mentor - someone who has been around the block and can tell him when he is out of order/needs a rethink. Not only has he not had one, the one man who I thought could have done it - Andy Scott - was shunted downwards as soon as Martin came in.

And although the owners are far from ideal, they aren't asset strippers either - there are worse out there.

But look how we fared under Trevor Birch - a genuinely admired CEO with a strong track record, known for standing up to the rest of the Board (and with the credentials to speak with authority to managers too). Shows what a good CEO can deliver - and how the absence of one creates a vaccuum that encourages shareholders to meddle and weak managers to indulge themselves.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:44 - Feb 10 with 770 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 07:41 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

I blame Russell Martin for his mistakes and the owners for theirs. I think both are to blame equally for things they have both contributed to, whatever that may be. In other aspects of the running of the club and team I am sometimes rather happy but not often, put me down as a don’t know.

I blame both. The owners appointed martin and have let him do what he's done without a care and even worse, when it became clear he needed better players they didn't sign anyone. The last window was shocking and the owners have tomcarry that can.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 21:29 - Feb 10 with 729 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 18:44 - Feb 10 by SullutaCreturned

I blame both. The owners appointed martin and have let him do what he's done without a care and even worse, when it became clear he needed better players they didn't sign anyone. The last window was shocking and the owners have tomcarry that can.

No issues with appointing him, seemed a good choice, I think most agreed.

I would have replaced him by now but I can also commend them giving him time.

Every club wants better players, doesn’t mean they should continuously be providing better players. I’ve said it a million times, but they have brought in 22 players in 18 months and spent more than anyone in our football league history over that time.

I have no particular gripe about this January, always nice to have new players but the ones sourced looked poor and I don’t think it would have made a blind bit of difference considering what we have seen for the last 18 months.

Two areas I can lay some blame at the owners and that is January under Cooper when we needed a striker when pushing high up in the league and appointing Bradley. But two issues over a span of 6 years is pretty good going.

My list would be far longer with the last owners, and they presided over our most successful era.

In short, the complaints this week have been a wild overreaction, and probably some form of release after the pretence of the last 18 months that the performance has been good.

It was the first time a lot of people could break cover from their trenches and vent.

As usual the poll reveals the common sense opinion as opposed to the reactionary one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024